Dr. House Midnyte007 presents "Oh no not another shipping contest"

midnyte007 posted on Aug 31, 2009 at 06:11PM
Since I no longer have a favorite ship on House MD I decided to start a contest to determine which ship I think is the best on this show (and possibly which ship should be my number one).

How the contest will work: The contest will consist of 2 rounds. The first round will last two weeks. In the first round, every ship who wants to enter this contest needs to submit 2 episodes that show why their ship should be considered the best. I am going to be as neutral as possible so I'd recommend that when submitting episodes you basically treat me as someone who has never seen an episode of House. After watching the recommended episodes, I will then narrow down the possible list of winners to 5 ships. This is where round 2 starts. Round 2 will also last another 2 weeks. In round 2, I will visit each of the final 5 ships' spots and discuss the ship with them. This is where you pull all the stops to try to convert me to your ship. I suggest you try to make me feel as welcomed as possible on your spot so in addition to discussing your ship with me, try to introduce yourselves a little so I get to know you all better. It should be noted that the number one thing that will make me feel unwelcomed is bashing.

What the winning ship will get: Besides the pride that comes with knowing that I think your ship is the best (since I realize that my opinion probably doesn't mean that much to you guys so that's not that great a prize lol), I will also sport an icon of the winning ship as my avatar for a week. To make sure that people see my avatar, I will make sure to post on the House MD spot at least once a day every day for that week. In addition, I might also start a game that I've never seen on any of the shipping spots I've visited to liven up your ship's spot.

Dr. House 84 Antworten

Click here to write a response...
Next

Showing Replies 51-84 of 84

Vor mehr als einem Jahr midnyte007 said…
ok I will relax the standards a little and allow fanvids for those ships that aren't a major ship on the show (meaning you legitimately cannot find episodes for them).
Vor mehr als einem Jahr misanthrope86 said…
For this contest, you have to be able to argue for your ship. Like, you have be able to give an example of an interaction between the 2 people and explain why they are a great ship. That doesn't mean they have to have actually been an actual couple on the show. For example, if you ship Chase/House, you could talk about how certain Chase/House scenes show how good they are together. So while the ship does not have to be a confirmed relationship on the show, it does need to be based in some reality of the show.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Paramore-CSI said…
ok thanks
yeah missy i can argue for my ship
^well said, Missy. Yes, that's the whole point of the episode/fanvid round. It's to give a brief demonstration as to why your ship would be good together through visual evidence. Then if your ship makes it through you can start arguing why they're good for each other beyond the episodes/scenes that were shown in the first round. Maybe I should just scrap the first round all together and let everyone argue on behalf of their ships in the forums. What does everyone think of that?
i think that is a good idea then everyone has a chance
ok, I'll make a poll to ask other people. BTW, Paramore, what ship or ships will you be advocating for?
cadley and maybe huddy lol
Ok, here's the pick. I would like everyone's input on this.

link
oook!
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Irina92 said…
so will we start over? like in the first pages are we going to add our fav ships and reasons why we worship them? and will this happen here or in the forums in each spot?? (lots of questions!☺♥)
i think in forums in different spots but not sure!
Yes, this will happen in the forums on the different spots. Please let me know which ship or ships you wish to advocate for and I'll head over to your ship's forum to make a post.
ok i will
i will set up a cuddly forum which i am sure no one will go too but i am wishfull
^ok, I'll see you there.
yes you will
smile
oh thx! I'll support chameron♥ maybe huddy as well!=) if there is already a forum about this can you plz send me a link?
Yeah, I've made a forum on the Chameron and Huddy spot a couple months ago.

This is the Chameron one: link

This is the Huddy one: link
lol I willl make a cadley one
Vor mehr als einem Jahr huddysmacked said…
So I go post the reasons why I love Huddy in the Huddy forum? Ok
^yup
lol yay *runs to the csdley and cuddly forum!!*
smile
hey now that ship month is over will you choose which couple is better?♥
lol my ships failed
crying
Unfortunately, once again, not enough people participated. Not even in the Huddy spot which is the most active ship spot.
last edited Vor mehr als einem Jahr
heart
i know it is stupid i only had one person in the cuddly spot but that was a huge suprise for me
kiss
yeah I was a bit disappointed as well! but I liked that in chameron some people really participated!!=) I got so happy when I saw the new replies!=D
yeah i didnt even put down my replys cuzz there was no point
Well, I am pretty much the only person who wrote anything in the Foreteen spot, and that spot has the most replies! So if nothing, I feel like I put a lot of effort into what I said. Its just disappointing that 1) hardly anyone else participated in the first round, or this second round, and 2) I am REALLY disappointed in the Huddy Spot, because Huddy fans are particiularly vocal about why their ship is the best and they say that their is soooooo much evidence for Huddy, yet that forum was DEAD. I'm not bashing them or Huddy, all I'm saying is that this was an opportunity for all of us to represent our ships and put our money where our mouth is and people didn't do it.
how many replys were on the foreteen spot
32 in total. I think 29 of them are from me!
lol that is funny missy 29 are from you that is crazy!we(cuddly) wouldof had 2 but i couldnt think of the write words!
In Chameron we had 14 replies! It is sth....=) However only 5 people wrote their opinion from all the chameron fans! (like 1400?)

omg missy I'd never have neither the patience nor the inspiration to right so many things about my couple!! you really did great job!=)
yeah I have no inspiration to write that much good job missy