Dr. House Midnyte007 presents "Oh no not another shipping contest"

midnyte007 posted on Aug 31, 2009 at 06:11PM
Since I no longer have a favorite ship on House MD I decided to start a contest to determine which ship I think is the best on this show (and possibly which ship should be my number one).

How the contest will work: The contest will consist of 2 rounds. The first round will last two weeks. In the first round, every ship who wants to enter this contest needs to submit 2 episodes that show why their ship should be considered the best. I am going to be as neutral as possible so I'd recommend that when submitting episodes you basically treat me as someone who has never seen an episode of House. After watching the recommended episodes, I will then narrow down the possible list of winners to 5 ships. This is where round 2 starts. Round 2 will also last another 2 weeks. In round 2, I will visit each of the final 5 ships' spots and discuss the ship with them. This is where you pull all the stops to try to convert me to your ship. I suggest you try to make me feel as welcomed as possible on your spot so in addition to discussing your ship with me, try to introduce yourselves a little so I get to know you all better. It should be noted that the number one thing that will make me feel unwelcomed is bashing.

What the winning ship will get: Besides the pride that comes with knowing that I think your ship is the best (since I realize that my opinion probably doesn't mean that much to you guys so that's not that great a prize lol), I will also sport an icon of the winning ship as my avatar for a week. To make sure that people see my avatar, I will make sure to post on the House MD spot at least once a day every day for that week. In addition, I might also start a game that I've never seen on any of the shipping spots I've visited to liven up your ship's spot.

Dr. House 84 Antworten

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 84

Vor mehr als einem Jahr x5mp1xp1nx22x said…
cool idea cake.

the problem with my ship is its GREATLY outnumbered. AND i dont really hang out in its' spot...

but i guess ill give it a go.

obviously my ship is House/Stacy
the two eps that i fell in love with with them: Hunting and Failure to Communicate
Vor mehr als einem Jahr midnyte007 said…
Thanks for responding to my thread. Do you have a link to the House/Stacy spot or is the Stacy Warner spot the House/Stacy spot?

Also, I should note that if no other ships enter this contest House/Stacy wins by default.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Bery said…
Amber/Wilson is my ship, are you open to ships with currently dead people? xD

And same as for numbs, the Wilber spots has very few fans, there arent many followers
Bery, I am open to absolutely any ship as long as you have a good argument for that ship. I also need two eps in support in that ship. The number of fans on a particular ships' spot makes no difference to me. In addition, as with the "Contest for You" contest set up by house_whatelse, you are allowed to advocate for more than one ship.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr misanthrope86 said…
big smile
No one ever won that contest that house_whatelse ran because she left or got banned from the internet or something.

I nominate Foreman/Thirteen. As for the two episodes.... I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest season 4 episode 'Don't Ever Change' and, more conventionally, season 5 episode 'Joy To The World'.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr oldmovie said…
heart
Lol I can't help but nominate Huddy, its the only ship I've ever shipped so........so let's see how this goes.

*cracks knuckles* The most obvious episode choice would of course be 'Under my skin' but I'm not going to nominate it because its obvious. I suggest "Skin Deep" (there's not a lot of Huddy if my memory serves correctly but Cuddy's understanding and indirect approach to dealing with him is a beautiful thing to watch in this episode). The other episode I would recommend is "Insensitive" just because its the height of House's jealously and PG once said that if you don't appreciate the fun sexual tension of Huddy, you can't fully appreciate that ship.

LOL can you tell how badly I want to ramble on and convince you?
last edited Vor mehr als einem Jahr
yeah its the Stacy spot :D
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Olivine said…
heart
Thutner and Wilteen!!! (also Wilber, but Bery already said that ;) )
I don't think I have any chance with those ships though ;_;
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Bery said…
^ lol

If you're open to it, then Wilber is totally the way to go!

The first episode I'm submitting is "Living The Dream", in here we got the real proof of how good Amber was for Wilson. Amber, like House, immediately saw through Wilson's perfectly well-adjusted persona and found the deeply insecure and compulsive people-pleasing guy that cant help but give everything everyone else wants. She saw this and didnt let him get away with it, she pushed him to look out for himself, to look after his own needs. The scene when they were about to have sex and Amber notices that Wilson bought the matress she wanted, which he very obviously disliked, and she challenged him for it and made him realize his problem, I think that scene showed the big impact she had on Wilson's life.

The second episode I'm submitting is "Wilson's Heart". Lots of tragedy and the most terrible ending to a beautiful relationship, the writers are sadists lol (which ends up making me a masochist, it's my favourite episode xD). I love the bit when Thirteen and Kutner go through Amber's place and find the 'interesting' video :P , again there's Amber pushing Wilson to do new and fun stuff. At the momment when the team is saying goodbye to Amber and when Wilson and Amber say their own goodbyes, I think we see that Amber changed herself a bit too with Wilson, he got her to be more open hearted, she even let Thirteen hug her lol. That goodbye between the two of them was the saddest most beautiful thing ever, don't know about you but I cry every single time I watch it.
Numbers, thank you for that clarification.

Missy, OM, and Bery, your entries into the contest have been noted. Thank you all for your participation.

Olivine, I am still waiting on your two episode choices for Thutner and Wilteen.

smile
Will tell you the Wilteen and Thutner episodes tomorrow ;)
kiss
Okay for
Wilteen

House vs. God
Although it's season 2 and there's no Thirteen yet I consider this episode quite good for Wilteen. It's the episode where House mentions that Wilson loves needy people, he just has to care about women. House also says Wilson gets bored when he has fixed the women, but since Thirteen has huntington's, a disease Wilson can't fix - he might never get bored ;)
The Wilson/patient relationship kinda shows how a Wilson/Thirteen relationship could be - but it would also be a little different. The argument House and Wilson would have because of her would also be more intense- House wouldn't want to see Wilson with a dying woman again. Hehe.

Ugly
We find out that Wilson thinks Thirteen is pretty- yay for that.<3
Towards the end of the episode they also spend some time together in House's office. It's so cute seeing them next to each other! In this scene Wilson also sees how smart Thirteen is - I bet she impressed him.^^
 Okay for [u]Wilteen[/u] [b]House vs. God [/b] Although it's season 2 and there's no Thirteen ye
Vor mehr als einem Jahr lovehousemd_frv said…
smile
My ship is of course Chameron!
1st Episode
Act Your Age :
She took a flower from a bouquet who stolen the child! because she wanted Robert to be jealous. A Robert's jealous showed that he loved her. And she wanted jealousy because she loved him and wanted to see his reaction. she not Yet know her feelings . Then when the child bit рobert she cares for him (this is normal for Alison, right?XDDD). When Robert gave the flowers said that he knows that she loves flowers. means that they communicate. she felt close. And when he went away she's feeling just grew more and longer

2rd episode
Both sides now:
She went to house to find out what to do. but inside in her heart she knew the true answer. lied because she didn't want to lose him. He went to her and said that he understands.that means he tries to be in her place so as not to hurt her. and this means that he loves her very much. and told her for them and children. So he was ready for a family. it plans of wedding was not canceled because she knew that she wants it more than anything. began to weep with joy that he understands love. not for her dead husband.

sO what you think!have so much Because XD
bump. Does anyone else want to enter?
smile
Hm for Thutner I suggest "Wilson's heart", they have some really nice moments there. (when they search Amber's apartment and when Kutner tell her about his parents.)

And..hm..tough decision..maybe "Here Kitty", just because of the end. After Kutner peed on House's chair Thirteen comes and they kinda look like a couple for a moment. At least I thought so.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Evrythingmaters said…
CAKEEEEE!!! CAKEY CAKE!! Where have you been all this time sis??? I was worried!
*MAJOR GLOMP*

Can i enter pleasey???
wait for it....
.... Hameron!! such a surprise :D

*is slightly concerned about the serious tone to this thread..*
ummm im sorry for disturbing the peace. >.<

I need to think about which episodes to suggest so i will get back to you as soon as i can. Mostly likely tomorrow. Hope that is ok.

:DDDDDDD
smile
Mars, it's good to see you. *glomps back* Of course you can enter, Mars. I will await your episode suggestions.
hey cake, there is now a Hacy spot

link

enjoy :D
hmmm
Wait, were we supposed to give the reasons why we chose the episodes that we did? I thought we just told you the episodes and then you decided for yourself...
Vor mehr als einem Jahr lovehousemd_frv said…
angelic
I too!But when i see that other's write and i decide to do same!XDDD
But this way i like it too
You are not required to give a written explanation for why you picked the episodes you did. You are certainly allowed to give such a written explanation and that may help me in evaluating the episodes.
im actually working on an article for my ship

bear with my i prob wont finish it till tomarrow
I just wanted to say that I've officially joined all the spots for each couple that entered this contest. If I missed your ship's spot or got the wrong spot, please let me know.
big smile
Ok, I will just give you a little info on the Foreteen nominated episodes then!

'Don't Ever Change' ~ This episode features the scene in which I think we witness the true "birth" of Foreteen. The scene in question is where Foreman and Thirteen are in the MRI observation room and Foreman is the first to acknowledge Thirteen's bisexuality. The exchange is really sweet and, I think, demonstrates the dynamics of their relationship.

'Joy To The World' ~ This episode is self-explanatory. I love how Foreman's secret Thirteen crush starts leaking out, and how Thirteen sort of "discovers" her feelings for Foreman.
*bump again* It's been two weeks since I posted this. Any other ships wishing to enter this contest have until midnight PDT to post on this forum two episodes in favor of their ship.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr RP_Puzzle said…
Lol I don't get how this works seeing as you have seen House and do have a bias on which ship you like, but eh why not enter? XD

I nominate...WAMERON XD

Episodes:

Spin
The connection between Wilson and Cameron is awesome in this episode. They've both had similar trouble with spouses and sympathize and learn from each other's experiences. Also in a later episode this comes up again when Wilson loses Amber and they both have similar reactions to losing their loves and how they help each other through it.

Daddy's Boy
Love how Cameron undercuts House with Wilson and how they're both looking out for him. Another example of how much they have in common, a love of House and enabling him XD.

Pathetic, but I am pretty busy lately I'll try harder when my life's running smoothly.
The contest has been officially closed to any new entries as of 8 hours ago. The results of the final 5 couples will be posted in 1-2 weeks depending on how much schoolwork I have. The following couples have entered the contest (listed by order in which the entries were posted):

1. Hacy (Hunting, Failure to Communicate)
2. Wilber (Living the Dream, Wilson's Heart)
3. Foreteen (Don't Ever Change, Joy to the World)
4. Huddy (Skin Deep, Insensitive)
5. Wilteen (House vs. God, Ugly)
6. Chameron (Act Your Age, Both Sides Now)
7. Thutner (Wilson's Heart, Here Kitty)
8. Wameron (Daddy's Boy, Spin)
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Evrythingmaters said…
poop I missed it :(
sorry ive been sooo busy!

anyway good luck guys!! im rooting for Wameron now :)
have fun watching cake!
hows it going? :)
ok guys, after much consideration, I've decided on the final five. The main thing I was looking for in the episodes that were submitted was evidence that your couple cares about each other and almost all the couples did a great job on that front. I also considered the enjoyability of the submitted eps because I did say that you were supposed to treat me as someone who has never seen a House ep before and I think it would be rare for someone who's never seen an episode of a particular show to ship a couple if they don't like the show after watching an episode of that show. Again, all the couples did a great job on this front as well. I've always maintained that season 1 was my favorite season of House, but after seeing all these excellent season 2 eps, I may have to change my mind to season 2 being my favorite season lol. Well I guess I've blabbered on for long enough so here are the list of the top 5 couples after watching the submitted episodes (the couples are listed by alphabetical order):

1) Chameron
2) Foreteen
3) Hacy
4) Huddy
5) Wilber

Congrats to these five couples and thank you to everyone who participated.
big smile
YAY hacy!
ps. season 2 is my favorite season :D

so whats the next step Cake?
smile
I have now posted a new thread on each of the final five couples' forums titled "Congratulations" to let them know that they made it into the final round and what the next step is, namely, making intelligent arguments for why your ship is the best ship on House MD. If you have any further questions, please let me know.
crying
i knew it :(
sad
I'm sorry, Oli. *hugs*
blush
thanks *hugs back* sorry xD just lately i'm getting a lot of "no", "no thanks, your work is good, but not good enough", "hm we chose some people but unfortunately you're not under them"-s ^^°
monkey
Did you ever announce the winner of this contest?

I just went through and saw that the Hacy forum only had 1 comment, the Chameron forum had 3 comments, the Wilber forum had 0 (yes ZERO!) comments, the Huddy forum had 6 comments, and the Foreteen forum had (drum roll please!) 28 replies! Ok, ok, so 25 of those replies was my extended blabberings about Foreman and Thirteen, but come one guys! This was a great way for people to talk intelligently about their ship and in fact sell their ship to convince someone else to ship them, and no one took advantage of that!
I never announced a winner for this contest because of the lack of participation in the contest. However, I'd like to thank you, Missy, for your contributions to the contest.
You're welcome! I'm very disappointed that people didn't participate in this either. It was a brilliant way for fans to talk about their ship, and yet no one did it. Sad.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr GlassyBlooEyes said…
monkey
Are We still doing it O.O? It's February. :D
yeah, I'm willing to open this up again if people want to participate in it.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Paramore-CSI said…
I am so in
Vor mehr als einem Jahr huddysmacked said…
I am in too! I mean I'm promoting like help ship month so I'm in!
yes i will promote now too regi told me about it yay regi
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Irina92 said…
sure I'm in too!=)
big smile
Ok, guys, lets make sure that people actually participate this time. Promotion, promotion, promotion!
Vor mehr als einem Jahr housefrk said…
I'm in!
ok promotian promotian
so it is only real ships then right cuzz of the episode thing
It could be any ship you want, although I do acknowledge that the episode picks makes it harder on imaginary ships to get past the first round.
can it be fanvids then