Warriors (Novel Series) Wanda's Home-style Guide to Storing Herbs. Yes, it can be done!!!

18wanda posted on Oct 03, 2009 at 04:09AM
If you play warriors in real life, you have probably come across the problem of picking herbs and having them rot in a few days. Defeats the purpsoe of picking them, correct? Well, don't give up yet.
Time to ditch the ziplocs, guys. They never work! Herbs get brown, moldy, or completely decay into a liquid stink mess, so don't use them!
I have discovered that keeping herbs in a mini backpack, just a small handbag or so(best with zippers)
Just keep the herbs in here freely(no baggies!). They seem to store better, you just have to put compatible herbs together. Some make other rot so be careful!
By observation I have discovered that putting some stinging nettles in each pouch alongside the herbs, it makes them store better. Stinging nettles are pine needle bunches and should not be hard to find.
When in actual storage, keep the zippers open a little bit to give the herbs a little air. That helps prevent the mold that can attack your supply.
Well, happy hunting, guys! Herb-storing can be done if done right!!!!!!!
 If Du play warriors in real life, Du have probably come across the problem of picking herbs and hav

Warriors (Novel Series) 12 Antworten

Click here to write a response...
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Mistyflower said…
My way of keeping herbs is i get a bunch of little plastic baggies without zippers, fill them with water, and roll down the edges to give them sun and air. The water gets brown and smelly, but the herbs stay alive. i have to try your idea sometime. Its a good idea.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr 18wanda said…
Yeah. Soggy brown hearbs just won't do.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr silverflare1520 said…
Ug, all this talk about mold and that stuff keeps me from eating this pizza inches away from my mouth. But great ideas.
They are. They should work. Mine has been sotring, but conditions can vary!
oooh no my herbs froze in the water in the baggies!
sick
Oh and if you touch a stinging nettle doesn't it hurt...?
Not really. Not what I use anyway. I use the needly patches on a fir tree.
oh.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Swiftshadow said…
big smile
great suggestions my go bad in a few days but i tried that and it worked thax
Results may vary. Mine rotted after a few months, but at least it works better than other methods I've tried.
yeah.
laugh
kay, baggies in water.