Lost Desmond in the past (The Constant Spoiler)

doonis posted on Feb 29, 2008 at 06:08AM
So Desmond thinks he's fine now. However, I'm not so sure. Daniel still isn't better after who-knows-how-long. So Desmond might go back to the past again.

Also, this episode showed that it is possible to change the future. Because Daniel knew about Desmond and wrote it down, even though he otherwise would never have met him before.

So, my theory is that Desmond might go back to the past. In the past, he'll find a way to be with Penny so neither of them will have to go through the eight years of suffering. Since he's with her, he won't do the race, won't land on the island, and won't screw up the electromagnetic field and the plane won't have ever crashed.

Probably won't ever happen, but it would be cool if it did.

Lost 2 Antworten

Click here to write a response...
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Giovanni_wasto said…
Well, we were told that "the universe has a way of righting itself" in season 3. I'm not sure if the impact will be too great. And Penny seemed pretty angry at Desmond in the past, so I can't really see them getting back together in 1996.

Look at it this way: she was shocked to hear from him in 2004 when he called from the boat; that was after the point at which Desmond changed the future - a different 8 years had passed between 1996 and 2004 from the 8 years we were previously shown. But Desmond was still on the boat, still in the Pacific and Penny was still surprised to hear from him. If history was going to change, it would have changed by then. But it didn't.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr HannaK said…
I agree with Giovanni, 'the universe has a way of righting itslef' but I think that things can change, but it's hard to do it, anyway I really have to think more about the whole 'time travel'thing, it's great but a bit confusing