Vampire Academy Possible Abe/ Dimitri connection

onefee27 posted on Oct 01, 2010 at 04:35PM
I posted this in the question/answer section, but decided afterwards that it may make a better discussion board post ...

Okay, I'm rereading the series and I didn't notice this before, but near the beginning of chapter 20 of Blood Promise, the part where Strigoi Dimitri gives Rose a necklace, there is an exchange between them about Abe Mazur.

Here it is ...

“You’re just like Abe.”
“Who?”
“This guy I met. Abe Mazur. He’s some kind of mob boss . . . he kept following me.”
Dimitri stiffened. “Abe Mazur was following you?”
I didn’t like the dark look that had suddenly fallen over his features.
“Yeah. So?”
“Why? What did he want with you?”
“I don’t know. He kept wanting to know why I was in Russia but finally gave up and just wanted me to leave. I think somebody from home hired him to find me.”
“I don’t want you near Abe Mazur. He’s dangerous.” Dimitri was angry, and I hated that. A moment later, that fury faded, and he ran his fingers along my arm once more, pushing the strap down further. “Of course, people like that won’t be an issue when you awaken.”
Somewhere, in the back of my head, I wondered if Dimitri had the answers I wanted about Abe—about what Abe did. But talking about Abe had made Dimitri upset, and I cringed at that, hastily wanting to switch topics.

So, what is the deal? He obviously knows of Abe, which isn't that strange because Dimitri knows a lot of people and it seems a lot of people know Abe, including Dimitri's family, but it struck me as strange how upset he seemed to get at the mention of Abe.

I'm probably reading way too much into this and I'm probably just scarred for life after reading Cassie Clare's Mortal Instrument series, but could Abe be Dimitri's dad?

I certainly hope I'm wrong and he just knows of him and his reputation of being Smey.

Vampire Academy 1 reply

Click here to write a response...
Vor mehr als einem Jahr black_iris said…
Didn't Dimitri say in VA that his father is royal. Abe isn't royal.