Twilight - der Film Movie Sucked?

Seleh posted on Nov 21, 2008 at 08:47AM
YES!
So I feel like I just wasted two hours of my life on something that I felt was going to be spectacular.
What the hell did I just watch?
The scenes were all out of place, and as for them "sticking to the book", they really didn't very well.
I laughed through-out the whole thing, because I couldn't help but make fun of it. The book's corny, sure, but it's a sweet, non annoying kind of corny, while the movie is just flat out in-your-face cheesy and gross. The actor who played Edward, NobodyWhatsHisFace, was TERRIBLE and was definately not portrayed right. There was no brooding to him, it was all mostly light and easy going. There was hardly any romance, just awkward scenes between the two of them.

I believe that any true Twilighter could not possibly enjoy this movie.

How could Stephanie Meyer let this happen?!?!?!?!

The only good thing I can say about the movie is that Alice and Jasper were dead sexy, and I thought they were both great as their characters.

P.S. I love how Eric was suddenly a gay asian! WASN'T EXPECTING THAT ONE! aaaaahaha.

And is it just me or did Edward look WAY constipated in the biology scene when he smelled her.

And since when is Bella.. umm.. Not clumsy and totally okay with guys hitting on her?
She wasn't even phased by Mike and Eric, and Mike didn't follow her around all lost puppy dogish.

Details are what makes the story, people. ROMANCE is what makes the story, and it was just you know, two people kinda arguing with eachother and two minutes later it's like I LOVE YOU. YOU SILLY LAMB.

God the lamb and the lion part was terrible.

sigh =[

One more thing, and please, PLEASE, bear with me on this. They didnt even really have to play out them doing cutesy romantic stuff to show that they were in love. They could have just done a five minute little like.. Slide show sort of thing with them spending time together as time passes, so we KNOW that it all didnt just happen in five minutes. Alls they did was them in the forest staring at eachother like creepers.

I know this isn't Edward's lullaby from the movie, so don't geek out on me please, but it's a beautiful song that fits them perfectly, and I'm just saying this is all they had to do.
link

Please watch. In my opinion, it does more for me than the movie did.

-end rant-
last edited on Nov 24, 2008 at 11:54PM

Twilight - der Film 81 Antworten

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 81

Vor mehr als einem Jahr hja626 said…
No way! I loved it. Yes, there were bits that were overly corny, and lacking a bit in the romance department, but who cares...there are young girls watching this so it is probably good that it was kept that way. There were a few parts I was disappointed in, but not enough to hate the movie as a whole. I did feel that Robert Pattinson wasn't the best Edward, but hey...he is for others (we all have different tastes). I was worried that I wouldn't be able to stay awake during the movie, but I did and here I am writing about it. So, it must not have been that bad. Movies can never follow the book exactly, that is what makes reading so fun...you get more out of it, but it is also fun to watch what you read be put up on the big screen and see it take shape (outside of your head). So, to each their own, but know that my own loved it!
Vor mehr als einem Jahr monstersoju said…
I enjoyed the movie. However, my experience in line was probably much more interesting...in a bad way. So I waited in line for 4 hours and ours was the last line to go in. I give my ticket and the guy is like, "You're in theater 18...they went in an hour ago." Great. Front row seats rule!

I didn't stay 'til the end of the credits, so maybe I missed something? But what was this "twist ending" supposed to be? I didn't get it. But then again I guess I can't comprehend something as simple as reading a movie ticket, so someone please explain...thankssss
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Seleh said…
Well yes, to each their own, Hja, you are right! It was just really disappointing to me how much it was lacking. In the book I can FEEL the energy, negative and positive, between bella and edward. in the movie it was all just weird awkwardness.

And monster, there was a twist ending?
o.o
ummm..
Iunno, it ended with Victoria at the prom looking down on them all you know. evilly. But if you read the books we know she's going to be in the next one lol.
I didnt' see much of a twist!

And hja, I just feel like.. like if you were watching the movie, and you had never read the books, you would have NO idea what was goin on
and you'd wonder what the big deal about the story was, cause to me it was just a terrible portrayal of everything.
And is it just me or did Robert (Edward) sound kind of.. well.. gay?
In my opinion, he is not Edward worthy.

And notice they never brought up the whole 'doing it' thing?

It's actually a big part to Bella in all of the books, her wanting him and not feeling good enough for him. I didnt see enough of her clumsyness or self doubt.

Bella was a different character =[
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Curlytop_ said…
I don't think it was a bad movie, I think it was as true to the book as it could be. But it was missing something, I can't put my finger on it.

I think its a bit harsh to say that "any true Twilighter could not possibly enjoy this movie" after all everyone has their own opinion, you can't compare someones love for the books on their love for the movie I think that's unfair. Everyone went to the movie looking to get different things from it.

Personally I feel like it was lacking something, but I can't quite put my finger on it. I understand what you mean, Seleh, when you talk about it being corny but I don't know how they could have played it differently and stayed true to the book, some of the corniest lines in the movie where lines straight from the book. But when you read them in the book they don't come across corny.

I don't think they paid enough attention to the love story, it all happened so quick.... they see each other in the lunch room once and suddenly they can't live without each other..... too quick, I don't think there was no tension there.

There was too much Nomad story, I would have been happy not to see all the stuff about them and maybe they could have used that time to work on the love story with Edward and Bella. Build that story up a bit more.

Anyway that's just my personal opinion, and I will say one other thing the movie moved along pretty fast at the end of it I didn't feel like I been there for two hours, so that has to say something for it.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr gosselinfan626 said…
I liked the movie. I thought that they got most of the book in there. They only had 2 hours to get the book into it. I also thought that the charecters were great. All of the actors/actresses played thier parts very well. Especially the Cullens.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr bethbeach008 said…
it wasn't bad. i actually quite liked it (: it was a tad awkward and the scenes were quick and out of place. but it was funny and cute. of course it didn't live up to the book, but how could we expect that? all in all, i think it was a thumbs up.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr zuntiz said…
I liked the movie. Sure they had to change somethings, it can't be just like the books, believe me, I've seen a movie like that and it was so... boring. And I was a little worried that they would do like the Harry Potter movies and change almost all the facts, but they didn't and I'm grateful for that.
My bad experience with this was that those who worked at the cinema kept messing everything up, I'm not going to start ranting about that now...
And as for the comment about being a true twilighter... it's like everything else about the movie. Everyone feels diffrent about scenes and actors, that doesn't mean that some are better at liking the book than others, there's just a difference in opinion.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr twilightchristi said…
I don't think it was true to the book. It was all out of order. Bella wasn't even clumsy. There was no love story. I'm not sure it would have been better with different actors. I am just so disappointed. They butchered this movie and I don't know how they are going to fix it. As for the corny lines. It would have been better if they wouldn't have edited them. They would just use half and I think that is what makes them corny. I don't know. I absolutely love the books but this was ruined!
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Cascalia said…
I have to agree with Curlytop and Seleh. At the same time. I know that's contradictory, but gimme a moment to voice my opinion.

I was actually hurt to see some of the things that happened in the book happen the way they did in the movie. For example, in biology with Edward, she goes to sit down and in the books Edward is clutching the desk trying not to kill her. In the movie... and I wouldn't be as bothered if the acting wasn't so weird, he looked like he was ready to vomit. I mean I know he's supposed to be in pain, but I don't think the acting was very good. Same with Jasper. He looked, to me at least, like Edward Scissorhands (sp?). It was a little scarring. And Carlisle? He looked like a Ken doll.

I am a huge Twilight fan, and I feel like I'm violating a piece of myself by writing this out, but it's true. The book was so emotional and suspensful, their love was so pure and obvious in the books, and in the movie it didn't feel at all like that. It seemed like they weren't really in love, like they just said they were. I would have liked for them to show a bit more emotion. The first time I saw it (midnight showing this morning) I was wondering why it felt like a video my school's media class could make. I'm like "Really? REALLY?". I sound so mean, I'm sorry, but this is what I've got to say about it.

Not only all this jibber jabber, but I think some of the effects were poor. Wonderful example, throwing rainbows in the light. Did they really just get glitter and like smother him in it? I mean, they could have done a better job with a bunch of shean (sp) makeup from your local Wallgreens. It's kind of sad to me. ><;;

And lastly, they strayed too far from important things. Example, in the hotel room with Jasper and Alice, she's supposed to find out how long it takes to turn into a vampire but they skipped that part, then in the end of the movie she mentions that she would be like him already and I'm like WHAT THE HECK cause they never mentioned hwo she knew that. And then how she just walked away from Alice and Jasper? They're vampires, they're not stupid. It's so far from the book! And when they skip her going home first, and they skip everything with her and Alice being friends... and they skip a certain lookup on Google.com that if you haven't read Breaking Dawn you wouldn't get, so I'm not going to say it unless someone here hasn't read that.

I might add more later, I just think they altered too much and changed and rearranged too much. It just wasn't what I imagined, and it completely killed my Twilight image in my head. I had to see it twice to absorb it. I just got back from the second viewing in one day, and I just... I don't know. If you haven't read the books, you might enjoy it, but I was so entertained by and inspired by and into and involved and attached to the book and it's characters that the movie was a major let down and I feel disappointed in Summit Entertainment and partially Stephenie Meyer for not having them do better. I suppose if you had a book series being made into a movie you would just be so happy you don't want to contradict the experts, but really? It's her book, her books movie, she should have taken more control.

Ok. I seriously think my rant is over for now. *few* Comments?

OHOH and PS, did anyone else notice that her eye color changed after the hospital scene? It went from brown to green. They forgot the contacts. DX
Vor mehr als einem Jahr kjfrncs said…
Cascalia, I totally agree with everything you said. They really did hack up the book.
Like you said, in the biology class when Edward smells Bella for the first time he did gag like he was about to vomit. And honestly, I laughed out loud at how ridiculous it was. I was also very disappointed about them making Bella go to the book store? Umm...not even a part of the book. I totally understand that they need to take a lot of parts of the book and combine them or just leave them out to make the movie fit into a 2 hr time slot. But my god, they murdered the essence of every scene in the book. I mean, having Edward just grab her from the forest by the school, sling her on his back, and suddenly say "you need to see what I look like in the sun" completely out of the blue was just horrid.

The movie very much played like "girl sees boy. Boy almost pukes. Girl looks upset. Boy grabs girl, shows him he's shiny. Bad guys come along. Boy saves girl. They're in love. The end." Its harsh to say, but its true.

I was also very upset about leaving out the Alice friendship part. The Alice relationship is central to the rest of the series, how could they leave out something so monumental?

Also, the ballet studio scene... I'm sorry but you have to be kidding me. First, Bella was supposed to have been thrown around. Not Bella gets pushed down once and Edward shows up alone to save her while the rest of the family catches up. And then Carlisle giving the whole "Edward remember who you are" speech? It read more like "hey, your brothers are allowed to be killers, how about you let them do that part?" And then them failing to rip the vampire to pieces, but just throwing him into a fire and then dancing around it? That was lame...

Just such a blow to the fans of the book. And having heard so much about how Stephenie Meyer was so involved in the writing of the screen play, it just made me think less of her as a writer. Which is horrible of me to say. But her artistic integrity is gone out the window with allowing them to brutally hack up her story like that and not insisting on at least one or two of the main plots to stay true to the book. Not a single scene played out onscreen as it did in the book.

They were saying that this series is the "next Harry Potter." Well the Harry Potter movies can be linked on the whole back to the book b/c the plots and scenes and the majority of the artistic integrity remained intact. The same certainly can not be said for this movie.

Sigh...
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Cascalia said…
kjfrncs, I agree, as you said with me. This is going to sound repetative, so I'll get to the point. I thought HP strayed too, so this just proves it's impossible to stick completely. Twilight was too far out there. And some of the things you mentioned that I didnt like the fire were absolutely dead on. That was messed up. It's like you were reading my mind, I think Stephenie should have taken better control.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Heidi42 said…
I dont agree with you that any true twilight fan wouldnt like the movie, i consider myself a true twilight fan and i liked the movie. Ya i wish they might have added a few other scenes (like the biology one :D) but i really liked it. My friend went with me and she never read the book but she got most of it, and im guessing it was good to her cause as soon as we got out of the theater she was like i wanna read the book and she is now. I liked the people in the movie, jasper made me laugh with his pained exspression. haha. so i guess im just trying to say i thought it was a good movie.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr beanz6 said…
im an avid reader and also fell in love with these books. my whole family has read them and we were very excited to see the movie. we've seen it twice in 24 hours and sorry kids it rocked! they blended scenes well, bella was clumsy as hell, and yes edward was a little stiff at the begining to highlight the fact that he wasnt just another goofey teen he was apart from the rest and not big on interacting with others, but he mellows with bella. kinda like in the book? right? so go and enjoy it. dont be overly critical its a great movie.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr nati24 said…
OMG Cascalia hit the mark with saying that Jasper looked like Edward Scissorhands I was thinking that the whole time. SECOND THOUGHT I never realized how corny the sparkling in the sunlight was until I saw it in the movie and when Edward says "This is the skin of a monster" I mean really how could something that glitters like $.99 eyeshadow be evil. I think the big problem is that you dont have the benefit of hearing their thoughts like in the scene with the waitress at the restaurant you cant hear anything the waitress or bella is thinking. It felt so terrible choppy and their relationship seemed so rushed like Bella was a stupid teenager it wasnt as real as the book was. I did enjoy putting faces to the characters and I did physically like Edward and Bella but their acting really didnt feel right. Im hoping that it was just the fact that the first movie was so much of an introduction to everything in the next im hoping they will be more comfortable and more into each other.

OHHHH
the taylor lautner or whatever is an absolutely wretched Jacob and if I have to sit through half a movie of him in New Moon I may cry.
Seleh!!! yes Bella was so freaking confident wtf??? she needed a little shyness or something it seemed like as soon as Eric spoke to her she was like ok this is easy a she was the hottest thing since sliced bread
i loved alice

sorry im writing so damn much but im the only one of my girlfriends that got into the books
Last one

considering their limited budget and limited time it really was good they put everything in necessary i wasnt confused im looking forward to the next films
Vor mehr als einem Jahr DarkSarcasm said…
Movie = epic fail.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Brittany333 said…
the movie was good.
if your a fan of this site
then why arent you a fan of the movie
selah you seem annoying and stupid
no affense but if your a fan of twilight
then you're a fan of everything about it.
reading midnight sun made me understand
the ways rob was acting, this movie was funny
and good and deserves good reviews.
so in my opinion if your not a
famous movie reviewer.
lameos
Brittany, just because someone loves the books doesn't mean they HAVE to love the movie. they're totally different.
Everyone has their own opinion on the movie, some people are going to like it and some people are going to hate it, that's just how the world works. To call someone stupid and annoying just because they have a different opinion than you is totally uncalled for. I think that most people on this site would agree that we all love the books, and it means a lot to all of us for different reasons. The screenplay was written by one reader and it had what she thought was important, she couldn't include what everyone thought was important, so some people are going to be disappointed.
They have as much right to voice this disappointment as you have to voice your enjoyment of the movie.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr mrs-mindfreak said…
I thought the movie was fantastic, I don't know what someone of you are talking about. I just got back from the theater and I swear I got goosebumps when they played baseball and almost cried when they were at the hospital. The experience was even more amazing when everyone screamed when Edward, Jacob, and all of the main characters came on... I was one of them!
Worst thing? There was not enough Emmett. Not enough Cullens! Except Edward of course.
I'm really looking forward to New Moon, more Jacob! Yay!
It was definitely worth my money!
I loved the baseball scene too, I think it was my favourite. And I loved the look between Edward and Jacob at the end.
I too am really looking forward to New Moon.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr massagevamp said…
Looks like I will have to agree with Seleh.

Direction could have been way better. I don't blame the actors though, since they are quite young.

It was unfortunate that they did not consider looking into selecting an "older" cast. I'm not saying pick someone who is 30 YOA to play a 17 year old. I'm just saying there are a lot more mature actors out there between 20-28 who look very young but are able to act more mature than they look.

Again, as most of you have mentioned, Bella's character was slightly skewed. I was a very reserved and quiet person during my high school years. I could recognize with Bella in book but yet I couldn't, for the life of me, see that in Bella on screen. Her eyes deceive her. There's no emotion there. She is still too young for "love roles". Again, I'm not saying love as in "teenage crush". I mean, LOVE...you know...with 2 people who are way more mature than they look. We're dealing with a 100 year old vampire for god's sake.

I was disappointed but at the same time I am not. If I had wanted the movie to be made according to the book, it probably would not have been squeezed into the 2 hours that this movie took. So, understandably, this movie will not fulfill what us readers were looking for.

If they chose someone who has had more experience dealing with "old/mature/unrequited" love themes, they should have gone with James Cameron instead of what's her name. Who did not cry towards the end of Titanic? I know it was hokey, but isn't that what love is? God, I'm in love but I still find it uncomfortable to see other people be in as much love as I have. We tend to look away when we see people kiss right -- or even when they look into each others eyes in that "way". And though I have considered that the characters are teens and therefore direction in this movie was aimed at that, Bella and Edwards relationship was definitely not a teen thing. Come on! The guys 100 years old is he not? And didn't we find out from Bella's mom that Bella had an old soul?

Teen movie with teen angst? You got that right. True passion between 2 old souls? Please. I don't buy it.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr DISTRACT-A-BEE said…
I knew it would suck, that's why I went to see it. I was not disappointed.
In fact, here's a flash that expresses my feelings for it. link
Brittany, don't call me stupid and annoying when you can't even SPELL offense.

Anyways, thank you all for your replies! I am trying to keep an open mind about all of this, but the movie honestly just threw me off. And the MAKE UP. The hospital scene with Carlisle, you could SEE the make up line. his neck was tanner than his face.

No, I didn't expect it to be like the book, but for how big it was supposed to be, they could have at least put a bit more effort into it. HP movies aren't dead on but I enjoy the movies, cause the effects are awesome and the stories not completely butchered.

aughhh. It just saddens me =[
Vor mehr als einem Jahr divergirl5396 said…
I liked it you just tried to compair it to the book to much it was good
Seleh, the thing about HP is that it has a lot more money thrown at it, so its kind of unfair to compare the two. Twilight was started as an independent movie and so there was less money in the budget.

I am pretty sure that since Twilight has done so well New Moon will have more money to spend and so maybe they will be able to make things look a bit better, here's hoping anyway.
I never noticed the make up stuff, but I will be looking out for it the next time I see it.

And the hype was mostly due to the fans and the media. Catherine Hardwick did play up some of the scenes, saying that the kiss was really hot, I didn't think it was that hot, it was ok but the way she talked about it I expected furnace hot. But then she is the director so of course she is going to be overly positive. I think that considering the money that was put into it, it was good. I thought that they got the basics of the book across. I had a bit of a problem with some of the facial expressions but after reading some other perspectives on here, I am looking forward to seeing it again.

Seleh, didn't you enjoy the movie at all? Were you super excited about seeing it before it came out? I think that sometimes if you are really looking forward to something you are easier disappointed. Could that be why you were disappointed? I am wondering if that's why I was.
I knowww, but I mean I just WISH that a lot more money had been put into it because they KNEW what a big movie it would be. As big as HP, you know?

I didn't enjoy it, not really. Like I said, I laughed through-out the whole thing because it was hard not to make fun of it. And yes, my expectations were wayyyy wayyy too high, and that is why I was let down. It just really pissed me off that all of the romance was basically taken out of it, and while some of you say that's okay with you, it's not with me. I mean it's what the whole book is about, THE ROMANCE! THE LOVE!

Yes, the media talked it up way too much.
Aughh, if only I had the money and the equipment and all that good stuff, I know I would have been able to make it way better =[
I don't think they did realize at the start how big it was going to be, I think they thought it was going to be this little cult movie, but then half way through filming, fans started showing up on set, it kind of took off and they discovered that it was going to be huge.

I understand what you mean about the love story, I laughed a lot too. I am going to go again and see if anything changes for me. Do you think you would go again or are you done??
I think I may watch it again when it comes out on DVD, but only if it's between watching that or blowing my brains out.

It was just honestly all very upsetting to me.

AND, since when do Bella and her dad go to a diner every night?

What happened to her COOKING FOR HIM
The only scene I enjoyed was the baseball scene.
Aw I am sorry that it was that bad for you. I can understand why you are so upset. I really hope that New Moon is better.
I think we all hope that New Moon is better, if I even get the courage to go see it =P
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Jessteen said…
Okay, for one thing....the books were amazing, yes...they were great. Whoever expected this movie to be as great as the books were stupid to think that. You can't expect a vampire movie to be all that thrilling. It's just a vampire movie, it's not going to be phenominal. A book on the otherhand, so much detail can be put into it, which could make a simple story, amazing. You can't go see this movie, and expect something near as good as the book....you just can't, or you will leave in disapointment. I never expected it be as good as the book, never expected it to be near as detailed, so I wasn't disapointed with it. I thought it was good.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr spivian said…
Curlytop, you've made me excited for New Moon! I never knew that Twilight was a low budget film, but now that you mention it, it's quite hard to think other wise.
I really hope they get a bunch more money for New Moon.. And they buy a new director.

I've seen phenomenal vampire movies, it's not impossible. It wasn't so much the vampire bits that were a let down, I think if they would have thought of the significant parts of the book and put that in the movie it would have been much better.
They didn't really do that, they thought of what would be a cool movie. In this case Cool =/= Good.
last edited Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Jessteen said…
There have been some better vampire movies, I can agree with that, that have been pretty good. But it all depends on the story though....Twilight is a really great story, because it was made a book first, which a book allows so many more limits then a movie does. What counts is they put the main parts in. If you think about it, they did. They left out smaller bits, and shortened some of the main scenes, just because they had to. If they didn't, the movie would have been like 3 or more hours long. It would have been much better, but too long for a movie. The part that makes me irritated is all the people that read Twilight, that were expecting the movie to be just as good as the book, or pretty close. They were setting themselves up for disapointment.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr luvrob said…
talking about low-budget....
how much money does it cost to keep things on the track?????
we are not talking about the stunts....just the scenes....the kiss could have been sweeter with pants on....and yeah youre right since when did bella and charlie go to dinner? what was with that waylon crap?....changing teams in the baseball scene...(i loved it though)....talking about phil and renee in the hallway??....bella's clumsiness...ALICE's friendship....a little twist in the script could have made such a difference...
as someone pointed out....little details make a story....
how much money does that take???
In a way your right about the small things not costing much, however when there is little money things are sometimes rushed, time really does cost money, plus studios put pressure on Directors to get the job done again because of money. Most of the things that you are talking about however sound like they should have been rectified at the screenplay stage, again this is something that takes time to perfect and maybe the time that should have been put into the screenplay wasn't. I haven't gone to see the movie a second time yet but I do plan to, I do not think it was a bad movie, it just wasn't what I had expected, I thought there would be more romance in it. I understand what you mean about the kiss scene, Catherine Hardwick had talked so much about how hot that scene was and really I didn't think it was hot at all.
From talking to other people though I think that the atmosphere in the theatre has a lot to do with the over all enjoyment of the movie, for me when I seen it, there was a lot of laughter during scenes that really shouldn't have been funny, and I could understand why they were laughing some of the stuff just looked corney, this is why I really want to see it again with a different audience.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr luvrob said…
youre right....im not saying that they should have taken more time or anything....they could have traded those scenes with the original ones...
and yeah about the kissing scene...catherine was just bluffing....it sucked....
Vor mehr als einem Jahr jessica2727 said…
the flow sucked, that weird chick who plays bella does not even remotely act like bella in the slightest, edward.. eh he was ok look wise but the whole time i was watching the movie it felt like i was watching a poorly edited high school play the acting was HORRIBLE .in every scene it was almsot like they forgot most of their lines and filled them in with "er, umm, i - i - i, ummmmmm errr" i couldn't get hooked into the move. i just kept thinking wait no thats not right .. wait WHAT ok thats so so wrong. all i did in the theater was contradict everything that wasnt the same o i couldnt even sit through it because EVERYTHING was so different it felt like i was watching a different book being turned into a movie it didn't feel like "my" twilight. the books are so amazing and the movie takes away that magic =(
Vor mehr als einem Jahr svang said…
I wish that they would have extended the video so they can cram much more of the story into the video. If they can make LoTR a 3-4 hour long movie, why can't they do it with Twilight? If they re-do this video with a time extension, I would definitely go watch it again. I'm not really wow with this movie, because seriously the scenes were very out of place, the movie was quite bland, but nonetheless, I will still give them credit for trying. I wish they would have tried harder....
Vor mehr als einem Jahr mandapanda said…
if they could have more time then it would have been better. but they did a great job condensing the novel.. there was really no other way to do it! I loved the movie and I love the book! they kept the most important things from the book and put it into the movie. Yeah, the movie did seem alittle rushed, but once you see it more than once, it sort of paces itself out. The only complaint I have about it, was the lack of kisses. SM didn't want too many, but I thought they were lacking a little of the smelling neck, soft/sweet kisses. I think if they added those scenes in there (I know they filmed stuff like that), the B/E relationship in the book would have been better transfered onto the big screen, but SM thought it would be better with the two kisses we saw. Other than that, I loved the movie. And considering the budget!, it was great. Although, no offense to Summit, i thought it was stupid of them to only give them 37 million as a budget. When they actually saw the hype over the movie, they should have increased the budget, giving Catherine more stuff to work with.

And the acting... Kristen was a little stiff I had to admit, but overall, it was acceptable.

Rob did a good job considering no human could portray Edward's character. He is the only actor I can ever think of to do the role. He did great...

Plus... alot of people are complaining about the meadow scene. There wasn't any other way they could've done it, without having it be longer than 2 hours. The thing I have a hard time about is the humans. They had some minor roles in the movie, but their characters stood out, way more than they should have, I thought. Hopefully in the sequels, they'll expand on the Cullens, since the humans barely have parts in the other books. I think if they took alittle of the humans' characters away and gave it to the Cullens, or Edward and Bella's relationship, more fans would be content with the movie.

But, as I said, I loved the movie. It was a great adaptation in my opinion, and it was complete. It didn't have any holes in it. People who haven't read the books were either intrigued by the movie, or they just didn't like it. That was the danger from the beginning as we all knew.
Mandapanda
I have said before that I'm not sure whether I liked the movie or not. But I totally agree with you on a number of points that you have made.
The whole book to movie transfer, I think that they were pretty true to the book. I would have liked to see more build up in the E/B relationship though, for me that part was just too rushed which made some of the scenes between them after that silly, and in a way unreal. I understand that they had to fit the whole movie into two hours, but I think there were things in there that really didn't need to be (that flashback with Jacob, for one thing, I really didn't like that) Now thats just my opinion after seeing the movie once and I agree with the seeing it again thing, because I really do want to see it again before I say whether I like it or not, I feel that to make that judgment before I see it again would be unfair. I think that my pre-expectations (although I did try and not have any) and the audiences reactions played a big part in my feeling about it all.
I also agree with the fact that Rob and Kristen did a great job.

A lot of people have criticized Kristen about her performance but I thought she did a great job, in at least one of her interviews she did before the movie she said that she felt that everyone who reads the book projects themselves onto the character of Bella because it is written from her POV, the reader becomes the character of Bella, and so to get the character of Bella right Kristen had to play herself. Heres the interview if you haven't seen it
( link )
I think that she made a very good point when she said this and she did a really good job considering.

On the topic of the Cullen family and the sequels, I would like to see more of them too, however I am hoping that we won't see too much of them in New Moon, I heard an interview with the screenwriter, she said that she wants to try and keep Edward and the Cullen family around, when I heard this I was a little concerned.
To be true to the book can they really keep them in the forefront of the movie? New Moon is mostly about the relationship between Bella and Jacob, and that needs to be the focus. I get that Edward comes back in the end but surely they can't write Edward and the Cullens into the whole movie, can they??

But back to Twilight I am looking forward to seeing it again, and I think that has to say something.
honestly, they don't think they can. And I like the idea of Edward's POV but not in the movie. I really want them to stick to New Moon's plotline like they did in the Twilight movie, despite what people think. It would be interesting to see from Edward's POV, but fans would get so pissed... the dedicated fans anyways. I know we all have to endure Edward's absense and stuff like that, but as people have said online.... his comeback at the end will be all the more intense and memorable.
people who are talking about Alice and Bella's friendship, well they did a line in the movie that has something in significance! When Bella went to the Cullen's house, Alice said "Bella and I are going to be great friends." That pretty much sums it up. Not in a detailed way like are you guys wanted it, but it was in there. and that kinda sets it up for New Moon. I bet they'll show their friendship grow before they Cullens have to leave... and the "Waylon crap" was so that the nomads had more of a role in Twilight. They come in 3/4 of the book. Catherine wanted the nomads to have a presence in the movie, so people who haven't read the books have an idea of the good/bad vampires..
I really hope they stick to the New Moon story as well. And like you I would love to see Edwards POV, but not in the New Moon movie.
I don't get why people have a problem with the Alice/Bella's friendship, I didn't see anything weird about it. My only issue was with Edward/Bella's relationship, and that was because I just wanted to see more of it. As I said before I just would have liked there to be more romance.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr mcewen_girl said…
Hahahahahahahahaha yeah sure it sucked as much as Edward isn't PERFECT...so lets see...that would be ohh yeah he is and so was the movie!! I just got back from watching it....AGAIN!!!!!
Vor mehr als einem Jahr sinai114 said…
Well i dont know exactly what to say. First of all i had started reading twilight when the movie came out..so i thought the movie was actually pretty and good, and while i started reading the book..the characters actually do make sense with the book and everything...and it was easier for me to imagine it. But overall after reading all the books...i was like WOAHHH...u noe..cz they are really really really good. duh!! but if like they make the movies and they are not as half as good as the book..then im going to send a million billion trillion zillion of hate letters to the person who made the twilight movie.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr sinai114 said…
yea but still i think i wuddve like more edward && bella scenes, because they kinda made it look like they fell in love like out of the blue. and i dont think thats how it really happened? and yea it wuddve been more intense very very intense.