The Host Which part made Du cry the hardest?

funnyshawna posted on Jun 22, 2008 at 07:25AM
I was just wondering, cause i have heard different answers from people i know that have read the book. There are tons of sad parts in The Host, but i wanted to know which part made you cry the most/made you saddest?

The Host 48 Antworten

Click here to write a response...
Vor mehr als einem Jahr funnyshawna said…
oh, by the way, the part that made me cry the most was when wanda was saying goodbye to ian. it was so sad! it makes me cry everytime i read it, even though i know the ending already:)
Vor mehr als einem Jahr cheergeek said…
The first time I read it... I don't think I cried all that much. But I was sort of when I convinced myself that Ian could not be with Wanda.. I thought it was incredibly not fair to such a nice person like him.

But the second time (even though I knew what was to happen, lol) I cried when Wanerer made the decsion to give herself up for Mel.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr SilverSoul said…
I cried when Melanie showed Wanda her memories with Jared and Jamie.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr SilverSoul said…
And when Wanda decided to give Melanie her body back, I felt so sorry for Ian!!!
Vor mehr als einem Jahr JIS4LOSER said…
i cried when Wanda first tarrived at the cave and she reaches oout towards Jared and he slaps her to the ground i cried for 5 min stright
Vor mehr als einem Jahr MusicDreamer said…
I was totally tearing up as Wanda walked into the room with Doc waiting for her and she was getting on the table and everything. She was so brave and selfless at that moment.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr shortynme said…
Yeah I was bawling my eyes out when Wanda was being removed from Mel. While she and Doc were talking I was freaking out! Such a good book!
Vor mehr als einem Jahr ThatGreenGent said…
I cried when Wanda found Doc with all the dead Soul bodies.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr funnyshawna said…
yeah i did too, i forgot about that part
Vor mehr als einem Jahr samdbz said…
i was sad when wes and walter died, but most off all i was sad when wanda found a way to save mel and said she wanted to be buired with wes and walter
Vor mehr als einem Jahr kitticat2 said…
Like cheergeek, the first time I read it I didn't really cry. Except, the part right before Wanda was removed from Melanie. I started quietly sobbing when Doc said to Wanda: "you are the noblest, purest creature I have ever met. The universe will be a darker place without you."

My second time reading it though I cried at a lot of different places, especially the Jamie/Wanda/Mel scenes.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr lostwithian01 said…
I cryed the most... when... Ian cryed in WANDA'S lap... Because... Umm... I FELT for Ian, the fact that thier love like Edward and Bella is FORBIDEN but even more forbiden because she is two peole and Jared loves the body and Mel so that means she is mostly Jared's but i found it so intense his love for her that he would make himself so vonerable.. (OMG i'm talking like he is a real persone that made these choices himself *SIGH* i wish he was real... and i was wanda..*SIGH* that would be cool!) and diferent... just the way he feels for her makes me bawl ... IT'S JUST SO.... FORBIDEN! :'(

aND I CRYED WHEN SHE LOST MEL AND JARED WAS LIKE TOTAL MAKE-OUT INTENSE SCENE RIGHT IN FRONT OF IAN I CRYED AND THEN I LAUGHED LONGER THEN I CRYED! LOL :P
Vor mehr als einem Jahr kttykatkate said…
I had to put the book down for a few minutes because I was crying so hard that entire last page of her time in Mel's body. (the scene with Doc and his making her unconscious)
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Crookedspunk said…
wow, well, I cried pretty much the whole last 10 chapters or so.. when I cried hardest? No one else mentioned it, but it was when Jared "experimented" on Wanda. I'm a huge Jared fan, so this really made me cry. Not only was I outraged, I actually was so hurt, that he would do something like that. After that scene, I put down the book and cried for several hours. I thought it was just so unfair that Jared didn't love Wanda, but Melenie, even though Wanda was such a great and wonderful person. Argh. Still makes me angry. ^^,
Vor mehr als einem Jahr wandarer said…
I cried a lot throughout the book, but I had to put the book down because I was sobbing too hard when Ian found out she was leaving and ran with her; and when he said , You. Are. Not. Leaving. Me. OMG!!! I bawled!!! And then when he cried on her lap...Sigh...
Vor mehr als einem Jahr wandererian said…
i cried when Wanda saw the dead souls splattered everywhere and she started screaming and later wouldn't talk to anyone. And then when Doc was about to take her out of Mel's body and how he was crying for Wanderer, that got me started too lol.
Books that make u feel such hardcore emotions r the best kind.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr geegollygosh said…
i have read the book about like 6 times now. when first read it the first time i cryed was when mel first saw jared again and he smacked her down. but i cryed so many more times ion that book. but everytime i read it again i cry at the same parts. it never fails.but i cryed the most when Ian found out what Wanda was going to do and he told her that he loved her.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr timbitzk said…
I cried the most when Walter died and at his funeral. That part always gets me.
I mean, there are a few parts, but that one takes the cake for me.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr spunkransom2363 said…
OMG! i cried un unbeleiveble amount of times in this book..im a very emotional person which isnt goodd especially when ur trying to get ready for a christmas party and u cant put the book down and ur balling ur eyes out!

i swear i have never cried so hard when reading a book in my life, they were full on sobs and heaves tears and mascara everywhere!! and so many times too! i couldn't beleive it.

anyways i totally lost it when wanda was saying she was gonna give mel her body back and when ian was crying in her lap..and the i started thinking omgosh what about jamie!!! and when wanda said she wanted ot be buried with wes and walter and she said she wouldn't take up much space..hello i balled! and i cried when mel showed wanda the jared and jamie memories.

seriously it is an awesome book.
last edited Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Vor mehr als einem Jahr MelanieStryder said…
I cried for Melanie, which none of you people seem to care about, I cried when i concluded that she would never be able to stroke Jamies cheek, kiss jared, or even move her hand back and forth!
That she watched jamie and jared but couldnt do anything! I cried when Jared kissed Wanda. For two reasons, Wanda was being used and Mel couldnt do it herself. Huff...it was even sadder when i DIDNT know he was using wanda i felt betrayed and heart-broken. :(
I managed to keep myself together when wanda was being taken out of mels body but- i totally lost it when she repeated lines...sob...it was so sadd.
"I knew that the beginning would start with the end" for some strange reason that had a tight emotional hold on me.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr ragga said…
Here are the quotes that made me cry the most:

"you are the noblest, purest creature I have ever met. The universe will be a darker place without you." the last words Doc says to Wanda before she is removed from Mels body.

"You.Are.Not.Leaving.Me" Ian to wanda when he finds out she is going to sacrifice herself.

"Thank you Wanda. My sister. I will never forget you."
"Be happy Mel. Enjoy it all. Appreciate it for me"
"I will"

Vor mehr als einem Jahr yalondae said…
I cried when Ian found out Wanda's decision to leave. When he said that she is not leaving him and when she said she will always love him if she is a bear, flower, etc. she will always be his *sigh* or however it went.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr XxChikaxX said…
When I realized what Wanda was gonna do, an the whole "Thank you Wanda. My sister. I will never forget you."
"Be happy Mel. Enjoy it all. Appreciate it for me"
"I will"
Yeah...Sadness!!!
Vor mehr als einem Jahr XxChikaxX said…
crying
T^T
Vor mehr als einem Jahr JuniorDavis said…
I cry liuke a dumb girl when Ian learn her suicidal plan. from this chapter to the end I couldn't stop crying. More and more and more. I was sad too when Jared and Wanda say their goodbye to each other, I always thought that secretly Jared was in love with Wanda too (in the end)
Vor mehr als einem Jahr JuniorDavis said…
crying
''You.Are.Not.Leaving.Me" In french it's more intense but its stay sad whichever language it is.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr KlutzyWonder said…
i cryed a lot @ the ian-wanda-suicide scene, of course. but when i erad tehn book over and over again i find more, randomer, different things 2 cry over... lets c...

when they say good-bye
when wanda/mel say bii, saying i will never 4get u, sister, etc.
when jared does his experiament thingey
when ian gives her cheetohs (idk y, tho; it was happy... rite?)
when wanda c's teh dead thingeys/goes emo, etc.
when they're talkkng bout the knife/hospital thing in the car
when they're bout 2 take the cynade pill (police scene), or w/e
when wes died
when walter died
wow, all the 'w' ppl dii, wanda sorta does (in mel's bod)
when wanda 1st makes her choice, and mel's trying 2 get her not 2 ("i can give them the whole world, everything they want. i can give them YOU...you'll take away the whole world away from him. everything he wants")
also (in the same scene) when she talks bout how she loves mel's body, more than any other host
when doc finds out bout her plan
when sunny breaks down
talking 2 doc, rite b4 she gets out of mel's body
when she talks about the blueness rite after talkiong 2 doc

the end, sry bout the rambling
Vor mehr als einem Jahr 675 said…
crying
I cried at the very end when they were curled up on Ian's matress and Ian doesn't know what Wanda is about to do :(
Vor mehr als einem Jahr hannahduckett said…
I cried pretty much the whole book but walters death and funeral was what set me off and made me cry hardest
Vor mehr als einem Jahr beckizzle said…
crying
when i read the flash backs where mel was like "you dont know if we should be counting in months or weeks or hours"
and when walt died

and when wanda was leaving

Vor mehr als einem Jahr Yoss said…
I cried when Wanda/Mel first arrived at the cave and she reached out to Jared and he slapped her. I also cried when Mel was "showing" Wanda her memories of Jared. I was bawling when Ian said "You.are.not.leaving.me"
Vor mehr als einem Jahr cmatthes12 said…
defintiely chapter 58, right before Wanda is taken out of Mel's body. I cried when Wanda talked with Jared at the end, Doc right before she went under, and the exchange with Melanie. It was so sad!!!
Vor mehr als einem Jahr treehugger4ever said…
i cried when ian and wanderer were crying because wanda was leaving.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr CharlieLow said…
I cried so bad right at the bit I thought was the end, when Wanda was like yeah I'm gonna die, and then killed (not really). And I thought it was the end, I was sobbing. And then I was like OMG THERES MORE!! And then I read it...and I was like...WAHOOOOOOO!! :)
Vor mehr als einem Jahr BonesAreBroken said…
heart
When Wanda decided to give Melanie her body back. I literally cried for 2 hours. =\
So sad. I also felt horrible for Ian. Especially when he cried in her lap. <33
Vor mehr als einem Jahr vans01 said…
crying
WHAT THEY SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vor mehr als einem Jahr IcyBlue29 said…
heart
I cried so many times in this book from the moment wanderer and Mel got to the caves to the first night Ian and wanderer finally got to hook up in the game room. I cried the hardest was when wanderer was headed to Doc's to give her body back to Mel and Jared stopped her and ask her what he could give her. She asked him to give her the lie and Jared kiss her and told her He loved her Wanderer. OMG I am crying right now thinking about it! I am going to have to read the book again tonight now. Thank you Stephenie Myers You are the best novelist! You can truly express love everyone needs.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr louisianababe said…
crying
wen she was about to give melanie her body back, and wen she was just floating in the blue... i thought she was gone!
Vor mehr als einem Jahr louisianababe said…
worried
i seriously dont think ill b able to take this club, i feel so emotionally towards this book i think it will b hard talking about it...
Vor mehr als einem Jahr doribluefish said…
the worst i cried was when wanda died and it seemed like the last of her, when she kissed jared it was wierd, like a betrayal to ian yet not, and jared was the one to save her, but ian was the one that saved her throughout the book and therefore is the true saviour.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr bookchicky said…
crying
i cried when jared came back from the 1st raid and he still hated her and in the store cave he thows her into the wall and jamie hit him i thought jared was the most horrible person in the world but i still felt he was so amazing i understand mels confusion its a hard choice but it made me cry harder than ian/mel goodbyes at the end of her life in mel
Vor mehr als einem Jahr bookchicky said…
the memories that im reading here could do it 2
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Meyer-Fan said…
I did not cry very much the first time I read it, but the second time I cried a lot. When walter died, when Jamie was ''sick'', when wanda decided she was leaving and when Ian cried BECAUSE she as leaving.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr annegret said…
all of the above, i cried the whole book, but most when ian realised that she is leaving that is so sad, because he feals terrible but he dosen't even now that she is going to die...

and at the end when jamie says that ian "didn't care what she looked like" and later ian says "i held you in my hand, wanderer. and you were so beautiful."
because that showed, that he loved her even as a silver worm...
Vor mehr als einem Jahr edp said…
“Is it so unbearable to have me love you? Is that it? I can keep my mouth shut, Wanda. You can be with Jared, if that's what you want. Just stay.” Actually it's not that touching in Turkish. They put something like "don't go" instead of "just stay", etc.. But I knew the original quote and I was about to cry while I was reading that part. It's the best part of the entire book.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr pwooden said…
Melanie's last note: "Not fast enough. Love you. Love Jamie. Don't go home."

After Wanda saw the dead souls: "I sat in the blackness of the big hole in the ground and grieved for lost souls with a human at my side."

Sunny, after being told she had to go to a planet other than earth: "They're all so far away. By the time I got anywhere, Kyle would be...He'd be..."

Wanda to Jared as she goes to see doc: "What happens when it rains, Jared? Where do people sleep?"

When Ian describes holding Wanda's soul body: "I held you in my hand, Wanderer, and you were so beautiful."

Vor mehr als einem Jahr Kittily said…
crying
I cried most when Ian found out Wanda's decision to leave. Its too sad
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Fredrika said…
smile
Well I am happy to know I was not alone in being so moved by the book. Her characters come to life. I cried through the book especially when Mel's own family turned on her. Here she risked her life for Sharon and they turned on her so viciously and Jared he really takes the cake. he was really a piece of work.