Die Chroniken von Narnia Movie Sequels

cressida posted on Sep 07, 2007 at 06:42PM
So apparently Disney has already ordered and began filming the sequels to "The Lion..." and the next movie to come out is "Prince Caspian". I recognize that "Prince Caspian" is the next book chronologically, but does anyone else think that they should have made "Magician's Nephew" and THEN proceed chronologically?

Die Chroniken von Narnia 9 Antworten

Click here to write a response...
Vor mehr als einem Jahr PkmnTrainerJ said…
I think they should have started with the Magician's Nephew, but as Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe is more well known, I can understand Hollywood starting with that first.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr cressida said…
And I agree with that. I just think that their number two movie should have been Magician's Nephew, not Prince Caspian (as they are).
Vor mehr als einem Jahr DifferentFree said…
I don't think so, I'm glad they are doing it by order of publication. "The Magician's Nephew" is kinda like "The Silmarillion" for Lord of The Rings. It's the back story but it doesn't make too much sense at all to newbies who haven't seen/read the originals. Also, "The Lion,..." is the most popular book in the series and was probably the best way to get the whole saga lifted off the ground and stuff.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Storn said…
I also think that it should have been Magician's Nephew, although I think, it's easy to remember, when they are in order by publication.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Jillywinkles said…
It's actually really hard for me to view The Magician's Nephew as backstory, since it's the first one I read and one of my favorites. Still, I respect that they are doing it in the order of publication.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr ClassicalNadia said…
No, I'm glad their doing it this way, I think it's better. Did you know they also have "The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" coming out next in 2010
Vor mehr als einem Jahr MISAM said…
I have to admit that it would have been better doing the movies Chronologically. So that after they made the lion,witch,and wardrobe they would have made the horse and his boy which is my 2nd favorite. Not to mention without the magicians nephew they would have not know who the professor really was. I probably think they are going to make the movies by publication then chronologically.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr ShadowFlame said…
I think that having "The Magicians Nephew" will put an interesting twist for people who only watched the movies. If they put it later, i think it will A: make more money, and B: be more interesting for both readers and moviers, because it's not the most popular, but it has the most essence.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr becca85 said…
I think the primary reason they are doing it the way they are, in addition to publication chronology, is to film the series while the cast of the children is still at believable ages. As it is, by the time The Last Battle is made, the Pevensie cast may look considerably older then they should.