Snape's Family and Friends A Very Jalbus Birthday (sequel to "The Irony of Life")

dragonsmemory posted on Jun 16, 2012 at 06:28PM
Here it is! The much-anticipated second installment of the Jalbus series. This time, it's summer. Jo's finally going over to the Potter house for their birthday celebration for Harry. Like Al said, the whole family's there.
But, of course, it wouldn't be a very Jalbus day if there wasn't any snogging, and ut certainly wouldn't be Jo's best birthday yet without an exploding cake, Weasley fireworks, a birthday snog with Al, teasing from James, a new broom, and a game of Quidditch, now would it?

Snape's Family and Friends 127 Antworten

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 127

Vor mehr als einem Jahr dragonsmemory said…
CHAPTER ONE
RETRIEVAL

I had spent the whole summer anxxiously waiting for this day, the twentieth of July. Mr. Potter was going to be picking me up around noon. He said he was going to use "the least terrifying form of transportation I can think of that'll get us there before next week." My parents, of course, were still very wary of the magical world. In all honesty, I couldn't really bllame them. After all, Harry's life had been threatened at least once a month while he was in Hogwarts. It only made sense that they were terrified.
Anyway, my trunk was all packed and sitting in the family room. I had "A History of Magic open on my lap. It really was quite fascinating. Just as the clock chimed noon, a car pulled up to the house. I could hear the engine. I ran to the window to make sure, and laughed.
There, sitting in front of our house was an ancient blue Ford Anglia. Harry honked the horn once. I said a rather hasty farewell to my parents. They wouldn't see me foe a few months at least.
Al jumped out of the car, hugged me, and helped get my trunk in the trunk of the car. It just fit. I then slid in the backseat between the two boys. It was pretty cramped. James was sitting on my seatbelt buckle.
"Sorry about the tight fit. Usually, I don't have to drive so many kidsaround," Mr. Potter said as we pulled away.
"It's fine, really. So, uhh, why this kind of car in particular?"
"I dunno. It might just be that I have a certain…connection…with these," he said with a wink. Al and I looked at each other and smiled. James looked confused.
"Are you ever going to tell us that story?" he asked.
"Not yet. If you really want to hhear it now, aask your brother's girlfriend. In fact, I'm quite curious myself. So, Johanna, what have you heard about my adventures in a Ford Anglia?"
"Well," I started, "Mr. Weasley had bewitched the car, an old blue Ford Angglia, to fly and turn invisible. When the Dursleys locked Mr. Potter--"
"Just call me Harry when you're talking about my adventures. It'll be easier."
"Okay. When thed Dursleys locked Harry in his room, Fred, George, and Ron flew to the house and broke him out, taking him to the Burrow."
"Woah, cool. So that's why you were laughing when we pulled up," James said, in awe of hiss father.
"There's more. When Harry and Ron tried getting to Platform 9 3/4 in September, the barrier was blocked. So,.they took the Anglia and flew it to Hogwarts, landing in the Whomping Willow."
"Of all the trees you could've hit, Dad, you just had to hit the one that hits back."
"Anyway, their third adventure with the car was when it rescued them from the acromantulas in the Forbidden Forest. I think that's it."
"Yep. That car's probably still in the Forest."
"Really? Wicked!" James looked excited at the very thought.

The remainder of the car ride was spen in near silednce. I wondered why James was sitting in the back seat, when the front passenger seat was empty. I asked him.
"Are you kidding me?" he whispered. "Sit next to Dad? Not after all the trouble I've caused." I laughed. The Potters were great. I could hardly wait to meet everyone else. This was going to be the best summer ever.
CHAPTER TWO
THE START OF FUN

After a couple of hours of driving, during which I fell asleep on Al's shoulder, Harry pulled up to a metal gate. The lion head in the center spoke in a clangging voice.
"Welcome home, Harry, Albus, and James. And welcome, guest of House Potter."
"Thank you Godric," Harry responded as the gate swung open.
"Godric's our gatekeeper. He's supposed to keep out intruders and such, but apparently he's letting you in. I'm surprised," Al explained.
"I guess I've always been a friend of the family, in a way."

Harry steered the Anglia up a long drive bordered by holly trees. I could see a Quidditch pitch in the distance. The house, however, was hidden from view.
"You'll get your first sight of the house in a second. It's just over this nnext hill," Harry said, checking the rearview mirror. Sure enough, as the car topped the rise, Harry slowed. I looked around, but couldn't see anything.
"Where is it?"
No one answered verbally, but James took a hold of my head and turned it in the right direction. I gasped in shock.

The house, if it was small enough to be considered that, was flanked bytwo massive oak trees. As big as they were, the "house" was still larger.
"This is actually one of our smaller properties. We would have moved into the Godric's Hollow house, but it's a memorial now," Harry explained in a deadsort of voice. "This house was Ggodric Gryffindor's summer home. It was also where the Founders met to found Hogwarts. As the Potter family are distant heirs to the Gryffindor line, more distant than the Peverells, at any rate, we've inherited the house."
"That's incredible. I knew you were descendants of Ignotus Peverell,but not Gryffindor himself," I said, sounding quite a bit like Rose Weasley.
Mrs. Potter met us at the door with Lily. She looked just like her mother, with her redhair and brown eyes. They were a lighter shade than my dirt-brown ones.
"I still like your eyes best," Al whispered as he helped James muscle my trunk in the door. Of course, I blushed. James came in with the back end at that moment. I just couldn't help myself
"I don't know how a couple of scrawny gits like you Potters could ever carry a trunk," I said, mock sarcastically. James rose to the bait.
"Well,we wouldn't have this problem if you didn't pack so many bloody books!" he grunted.
"James, language," Mrs. Potter shouted, hitting him. The force of the blow made his knobbly knees buckle, sending him to the floor, closely followed by the trunk. Harry, if course, came in at just the right moment. I could almost imagine his trajn of thought. His oldest son was on the floor, one end of tghe trunk on his legs, while his youngest was trying to hold up the other end. And me, laughing fit to burst.
"Oh, for Merlin's sake," he saaid drawing his wand. "Wingardium Leviosa!" The trunk flew into the air with a swish and flickof his wand, freeing James. He guided the trunk upstairs, to whatI assumed was a guest bedroom. I followed.

The room was decked out in Gryffindor scarlet and gold. There was a Wizarding photograph of Harry's Hogwarts Quidditch team, facing off against the Slytherins. The picture, I remebered, had been taken by Colin Creevey. That was probably why it was up here. There was another Creevey photo, this one of Lockhart trying to pull Harryinto tghe frame. I laughed at that one.
"I figured you'd prefer this room over the Slytherin one. And I thought you might like to see a couple pictures from my earlier years," Harry said, his voice fglat and emotionless. I started to wonder why until it hit me: Colin Creevey died in the war.
"It's fine, really," I said. I hoped he'd notice the double meaning. He apparently did, as he nodded aand turned to go.
"Keep the door tightly closed tonight. James'll probably try to prank you at some point, as you're new to the family," he said, a deep sad look lingering in his green eyes. Even without being a Legilimens, I was sure I knew what he was thinking.
"Oh, and Mr. Potter? Stop blaming yourself for everything that happened all those years ago. It's in your past. You can't go back and change it, so you might as well move forward. You're a hero several times over. You beat one of the Darkest wizards of all timwe. You've done so many great things in your life, but this is probablythe greatest of all," I said, trying not to choke up. Then came thepart I certainly wasn't expecting: Harry actually hugged me. He didn't say anything but he didn't need to. He had a way of putting his feelings into a hug. I felt somethingwet drop onto my head, but I didn't think much of it.

Getting hugged by Harry Potter himself was weird. Al's greeting felt more like I was being greeted by a younger, freckled Harry. Then again, stranger things have happened.
CHAPTER THREE
PREPARATIONS

All in all, the next week was turning out to bed the greatest week of my life so far. I grew up in the Muggle world, even though I had read about the magicaal one. So, it was perfectly understandable that I'd have a heart attack the first time the hatstand took my cloak. The thing just reached down and grabbed it off of me. Naturally, I screamed and took off running, which gave Jaames more reason to tease me.
"Jo's afraid of a hatstand!" he would shout at random moments. But I did have one advantage over him, and I planned to use it.

It was the morning of the twenty-fifth. As usual, I woke up in the guest room, and laid in bed, watching the picctures. I had put the two I read about on the nightstand, next to a third one I didn't even know existed. In it, a teenaged Harry was on the floor, fumbling around for his glasses. One of the twins kept moving them away. I assumed the other had taken the picture.
After getting dressed, I would sneak past Al's room as quietly as possible. James' room was on the other side. As quietly as possible, I would open the door, and try to catch the pranking Potter in his sleep. And every day I did. Most days I just settled for a jet of water, but I had also levitated him into the ceiling, made his pillow attack him, and knocked the legs out from under his bed.
At breakfast, the teasing would begin. But today, I had a plan. Just like any other day, James was outlining his plan for a new prank to pull. The door was wide open. I hadd to either goin, or get hit. I chose the former.
"…and after that, I'm planning on slipping him a Nosebleed Nougat."
"James, when have any of your plans actually worked? Youplan, you get there, all hell breaks loose," I said, quoting one of the eight greatest movies of all time. Al was trying his hardest not to laugh, but it looked more like an overdose of U-No-Poo. Lily was confused, Ginny looked horrified, and Harry was laughing. James looked about ready to murder me.
"Hey, Jo, want to play Quidditch?" Al asked. I knew this ploy. It was the only surefire way to escape the wrath of James Sirius Potter. I took the opportunity andd jumped on it.
"Wed could all play. There's six of us, enough for a Chaser, Beater, and Seeker for each team," I said. The idea was perfect. It was agreed we would all head out after breakfast.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Bluekait said…
wink
Then I came in. Right?
You'll have to write yourself in. Besides, if you came in now, it would ruin the teams
Darn
You can pop in if you really want. I'm sure either Ginny or Lily would be happy to sit out
YAY!!! Excuse me now, I have to figure out how to myself in.
All right, my favorite Hufflepuff Chaser
*runs off to find my quill, ink and paper*
I do want a battle of the Seekers between me and Harry, if you want to write that much
Sure thing
Can't wait. I'm doing the celebration, though
Alright
You are totally awesome and a supermegafoxyawesomehot Chaser
Aww. Thank you!!! You know what? I have been a little jealous of your moves and I have been dying to know how you did them.
I'd be happy to teach you. In fact, I've been dying to try the Snitch Swallow Dive
YAY! Really? I heard that move is a tricky one.
I've been working on the different elements of it. I just haven't been able to jump up on the broom yet.
Interesting. Let me guess: you tried several times and failed?
Yeah. I can figure out how Harry did it. Maybe Lily knows. After all, she says Harry is really a lot like me
She did and the truth is, you ARE like him. Are you sure you're not related to him?
I'm 14 years younger than him
Ok. There is a age difference and gender difference But it's the everything else. Wait...Dudley had a daughter who is a witch and you are a Muggleborn. His daughter is a Muggleborn too. OMG I think you are Harry's cousin's daughter! You ARE related to him! I should've known!!!!
monkey
That would exlplain aa lot
You're a lucky girl.
Now if only my dear cousin would actualy show up here
Why don't you write them in?
I meant get an account. You still have your portion to write yet. Keep it as a continuation of Chapter 3
right right.
Ok, enough chitchat. I want to write the Seeker battle today, at least
((continue from chapter 3))

As they set up the field for a game of Quidditch, they hear the familiar voice. "Hey guys! Mind if I ref this time?" All at once, they turn around to see Ruby running towards them. Harry only laugh. He said, "I thought you were never going to make it." Ruby smiled and said, "I would have get here any sooner, but I had to get rid of some pixies that infested in my bedroom." James called from several feet in the air, "Are we going to start or what?"

As soon as the game began, Johanna and James begun to fight. "No, you were about to hit me Jo." James cried. "Not uh, you were! That's it is supposed to go!" Johanna yelled. Ruby, already sick of it, broke it up before anything gets bloody. "Knock it off. Clean game, remember?' As everyone got on the ground, owls came flying in with the mail. Albus and Lily charged towards the house, grab their mail and tore them open.

After an half hour opening mail and packages, it was half past noon. Someone was knocking on the door. Lily opened the door and the Weasleys were there. The house has enough room for all of them, so no one complained. James nervously asked Ruby if she was staying. "Of course I am staying. My mum wanted me out of the house, so I packed all I had and came here. Why are you so neverous talking to me?" James only blushed and walked away.
last edited Vor mehr als einem Jahr
I watched the entire exchange between Ruby and James.
"You know, I think James has a crush on you. Can't believe you, the Hufflepuff, couldn't FIND out," I said, watching James slip towards the kitchen.
"Oh, like you and Al weren't so bloody obvious," Ruby retorted. I was spared from having to respond by James sprinting out of the kitchen, followed by Ginny, who was screaming at him for ruining the cake.
"Let's head upstairs. It might be quieter up there," I suggested. Downstairs was pretty packed. Ruby nodded and we headed up to the room I was staying in.
"Wow, nice place," she said once we were inside.
"Yeah. Harry thought I'd like this one better than the Slytherin room. Anyway, I hear you broke up with your boyfriend. Let's have all the juicy details."
" Oh, him. Only reason why I had to dump him because he was going around, ranting lies on how we slept together, that I pregant with our child so on and so forth. So I wiped out his memory and acted like we never been together." Ruby explains and Johanna clinging to every word. "Did you wipe out his whole memory?" Jo asked. "Oh no. Couldn't do that! Just the memories of us together," Ruby replied. Suddenly, Al bursted in the room. "Guys, you got to see this!"
They ran down stairs, only to see a baby dragon in the living room. Ruby walks up to it and says, "I know kind of dragon this is. It's a Romanian Longhorn."
"Where'd it come from?" I asked. The dragon was kind of cute, but it still looked like a half-furled umbrella. The dragon looked up at thed three of us calmly, its bright yellow eyes gleaming. Just then, Charlie Weasley walked in. Unlike his younger brother Ron, he was shorter and mokre heavily built.
"There you are, Romilda," he said, picking it up.
"That thing has a name?" Ruby asked.
"It's not mine, it's Harry's," he replied.
"We have a pet dragon?" Al asked. I could see his green eyes gleaming.
"Romilda…perfect name for a dragon," I mused. "But why? Dragon dealing was made illegal in 1709. It's not like Muggles wouldn't notice Romilda flying around."
CHAPTER FOUR
BIRTHDAY WISHES

The morning sunlight streamed in thed window, reminding me of Gryffindor Tower back at Hogwarts. I smiled and buried my face deeper in my pillow, not quiteready to get up yet. But it seemed someone had other ideas.
"WAKE UP! JO! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIIIIIIRTHDAAAY TOOOO YOOOOOU!" I heard someone shouting in a British accent, followed by terrible singing. There was only one way to retaliate against James Sirius Potter. I threw my pillow at him.
"Shut up! Your singing's terrible! Merlin, and I thought Sierra couldn't sing."
"Oi! Watch the hair! And Mum saays breakfast is just about ready."
"Perfect timing," I muttered after James left. I grabbed my glasses from the bedside table, put them on,.and sat up. Outside, by the Quidditch pitch, I saw a mass of red-haired people setting up. Here and there, I could see other hair colors, but it was mostly red. The Weasley family. Today was shaping up to be a great day so far. I could hardly wait for the rest of it.
Breakfast turned out to be a huge mountain of pancakes. I spread the butter very carefully on mine. Ruby saw the pattern and commented. "A lightning bolt?" she asked. Out of the corner of my eye, I could swear I saw Harry flatten his hair.
"Well," I started, "it's not just my birthday today."
"You're right! I should owl J.K. Rowling!" There was a dull thunk. If I wasn't mistaken,.Harry Potter had just headdesked.
"Oh yeah! It's Harry's birthday today too! Golly, all three of you share a birthday?" Ruby said. "I dont think I know anyone who shares a birthday with me!" James only blushed and walked out of tthe kitchen. Jo laughed and said, "Well yeah. I don't know better but I think James share a birthday with you! When is it?"
"July 17"
"Maybe that's why he blushed!"
"What do you mean?"
Jo whispers in Ruby's ear, "He has a thing for you. Don't you get it? James blushes every time you talk. He loves you and tells me about it." With shock to her face, Ruby blushes.
"At least, when he isn't bragging over his Quidditch skills," I added.
"Skills? He tripped over the broomstick on the first day of flying lessons!" Al chimed in.
"I'd say he has his father's eyes, but I really can't use that argument." Al dragged me away from the table before I could get a good start on breakfast.
"I couldn't decide what to get you," he said, a blush creeping across his freckled face.
"You didn't have to get me anything."
"Well, I wanted to make it special…" He trailed off and I found myself enjoying probably the best snog ever with him. Some tiny portion of my mind wondered what the others were thinking.
As they return to the table, only to find James and Ruby talking and laughing. Everyone else seem to have left but these two. Al and Jo exchanged looks. So they sat down at the table when Al notice that James was slipping his hand into Ruby's under the table. "So, what's happening?" Jo managed to ask, before things get wierd. Ruby replies, "Oh nothing. Everyone left and I haven't finish my meal. The only person I could talk to is James." Jo starts to chuckle. James says, 'What's so funny?"
"Look behind you," Jo replies
James turns around to see Ron making a funny face. "RON!" Hermione screams from the backyard.
I couldn't help but laugh. This really was incredible. Hermione sounded just like I read about. I couldn't resist myself. "So, does Ron still have the emotional range of a teaspoon?" I asked casually. Hermione looked shocked. Oh yeah. Only the trio know Ron's emotional range. At least I had the books with me. I'd probably be murdered iff I had the movies.
Ron looked very upset. Hermione came in through the back door and patted Ron on the back. She looked at Jo and said, "How you know about that?" Jo looks very pleased of herself, "I just happen to read about it and I have it right here." Jo pulls a book and hands it to Hermione. She flips through and replies, "What? This is one of our adventures, Ron! Johanna, do you got more of these that I didn't know about?" Jo pulls out six more books and sets them on the table. "Yep." Ron grabs one and flips through, "This is the first year. Where I met you and Harry. Hermione, I have to tell you something."
"What?"
"I sorta had this little crush on you when we met on that train. I only dated Lavender Brown is because you had a thing for that Krum."
"Yeah. I knew about that," I said. I grabbed another of the books and staarted flipping through it. "There's just one thing that's been bugging me about your adventures…come on…chapter fifteen…Aha! Here it is. Look here." I pointed to one paragraph at the top of the page. "According to this, Grindelwald just shot a Stunner into the room before leaving. There's no proof to say that the Stunner actually hit Gregorovitch."
"So that means Voldemort really was master of the Elder Wand," Hermione said.
"But only if the Stunner missed. The only problem is, we can't prove it one way or the other, as all the witnesses to the event are dead."
"Well...all but one," says Ruby. Everyone turns to look at her. She continues, "Only one person knows how and why and that very same person is this guy named Snape." As she said it, everyone is gathering their things. "That's it. We'll go to Spinner's End to see Sev and we'll get the infomation that we will need," says Jo.
"Yeah, but how?" says James.
"Side-Along Apparition," I said simply. "Ron and Hermione can take us." I closed the book, thinking about how this birthday was turning out. My hand rested on a very accurate drawing of the one man to be mentally connected to Voldemort. "Wait a bloody minute!" I yelled, a conclusion hitting me like a snowball to the back of the head. "We don't need to go to Spinner's End. Sev was never a witness to the theft."
"Then who was?" James and Ron asked at the same time.
"Isn't it obvious? This book is from this witness' perspective. He's the only other person to have seen Grindelwald steal the wand, and lucky for us, he happens to live here." Hermione nodded knowingly.
"Who is it?" everyone asked eagerly.

CHAPTER FIVE
REVISITING THE PAST

"Harry Potter," I said. Several smacks echoed around the room as nearly everyone facepalmed.
"Darn, almost had it. I am going to get my iPod." Ruby said and got up from the table to her bedroom. James got up too, "Im..going...with her." He ran up back up behind her. There was knocking at the door. Ginny came down the stairs to the door and opened it, looking at a brown square package labeled for Ruby. "Dont worry. Just a package, I'll go give it to her," said Ginny moving the package from hands of house elves. Ginny went up the stairs to give the package to the owner. A scream came from the floor above. Everyone ran up the stairs to see what happened.
I led the way up to one of the guest rooms, followed by a crowd of my favorite characters. Everyone was muttering. The adults all had dark looks on their faces. I knew exactly whatf they were thinking about. I clenched my book tighter to my chest. Couldthe Death Eaters be resurfaacing? Or was a new Dark Lord on the rise?
Al slipped his arm around my waist when we reached the tolp of the stairs. I leaned into his chest, not wanting to look at the scene or into his bright green eyes.
Ruby was found, sitting in a corner. "I saw something....in my...my my my...", she said, shaking as if it was freezing cold in the room. Lily grabs a blanket and throws it around Ruby. "What happened? What's going on here?" said Harry, who ran into room. Ruby points to the package, which been torn open and covers her face. Harry takes the package and pulls out pictures. "These people are your parents?" Ruby nobs. A note fell and Harry picks it up. He reads 'I killed your parents. In a rage of jealousy with your "new" boyfriend, I will find you. Be warned' Ruby starts to cry, "I dont who did that, I loved my parents so much. Now I got no where to live!"
I sniffled. Ruby was my best friend. "Who could have done this?"
"Ron sighed. "The adventure never ends."
I pulled myself out of Al's warm embrace. "You could stay with me. My parents are Muggles." The varous characters all had strange looks in their eyes. Something was telling me that Ruby and I were being sucked into another adventure.