Die Pinguine aus Madagascar Icon Days!

quasomeness posted on Apr 10, 2012 at 04:48PM
Since Angel can't do Icon Days any more, I thought I would carry on the tradition!

For those of you who have never done Icon Day before, every week, we can change our icons to a different theme. Traditionally, Angel did it every Sunday, so I'm hoping to do the same sort of thing.

As Angel posted on her Icon Days fourm, this could really create some unity amoung us fans!

Also, if you have any suggestions about the next Icon Day, feel free to post them!

Sunday, August 12: OC Day

Sunday, August 19: Puzzle Day

Sunday, August 26: Patriotic Day

Sunday, September 2: Slap Day
last edited on Aug 12, 2012 at 04:11AM

Die Pinguine aus Madagascar 256 Antworten

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 256

Vor mehr als einem Jahr xDark_Angelx said…
Shame she can't do them anymore. But I'm glad we could keep going; I was sad that nothing happened last Sunday (though I wasn't here most of Easter anyway).

I like to come up with ideas and help, but I'll just start for next Sunday. We could do Flying Penguins day and use a picture of the penguins in the air; using their bottle jetpacks or even just being in the air for...some reason. XD
Vor mehr als einem Jahr mostar1219 said…
laugh
Let me know if I sound too obsessive, but how about Hexy Day?
Vor mehr als einem Jahr SJF_Penguin2 said…
For a fun, interactive Icon Day, perhaps participants could select something random or obscure from an episode to use as their icon. Then, on this forum, others could try to guess what it is and what episode it's from.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Gumball17 said…
Why can't Angel do Icon Days anymore? D: Aw, well. How about Eating Day. Where you use a pic of a character with food? I dunno.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr hotsnowsels said…
^That sounds like a lot of fun.
Hm... what about Lunacorn day? (unless this has already been done) Or upside-down day: make your icon a picture of a character upside-down. We could also have a day for Joey the Kangaroo. Yet another idea is to post a picture of food from the show- the penguin's fish, Julien's mangoes, et cetera.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr quasomeness said…
@Dark Angel I really like that idea! I'm imagining Private being thrown into the air at Miricle on Ice now *feels sorry for Private*

@mostar1219 You don't sound too obsessive. Actually that's a good idea! Lots of people like it when their favourite PoM characters are in a sexy position.

@SJF A game in addition to the Icon Day: I like it!

@gumball Also a good idea! *thinks of Private eating Winkys*

@hotsnowsels Lots of good ideas! Let's see what others think about these ideas!
last edited Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Vor mehr als einem Jahr GoTeamSkipper said…
laugh
Hopefully I'll be able to figure out how to make my photos smaller by then lol ;) sounds like fun!

Can't wait for the Hexy week XD
laugh
^You don't need to rescale your photos to make them your icon; personally, I just use full-size screencaps as icons. ^^
Vor mehr als einem Jahr ILUVKOWALSKI said…
big smile
All these ideas sound awesome! :D
^ oh good to know! I've had to do that on another site once I think, so it confused me :) then I probably for sure will do it :)
Vor mehr als einem Jahr SaturdaySurpris said…
What if we all trade icons?
^ Now THAT would be awesome!
smile
^^I really like that idea. We can ask a certain person to switch icon's; awesome idea.
But I have another idea. Next week, after the Season 3 kickoff, why don't we use a theme where we get screencaps from this week's episodes?
Vor mehr als einem Jahr 27Kowalski said…
Happy Flying Penguins Day!
I chose a picture of Private while he was flying in the episode "The Hemet".

@quasomeness: That's a good idea, quasomeness. I like it!
^Oops! We have the same exact icon! XD I'll change mine, since you had it first.
There. My new one is from 'Love Hurts'.
smile
Well this is the closest thing I could get to them flying but still, I like it. ^^
I've also got an idea. Maybe one week, we could all have Icons of different Pom merchandise, books, toys, calenders etc.
@27Kowalski I'll be sure to reschedule everything else to next week.

@Dark Angel I like it! I'll be sure to get it down.

@ILUVKOWALSKI I like that too! Sounds like a cool plan!

Also, my icon is from Otter Gone Wild!
I have another idea for an Icon Day: The Hug Day!
(I think it's pretty clear what is it about)
I haven't participated Since March 11, but I am once again this morning. I chose the thumbprint with the design of Maurice's head in it from "Thumb Drive," my favorite episode of the premieres event. The Maurice part isn't as clear here, but can be better seen in the larger version on my profile.

As for next week, well, I think I'll just sit out the Icon Days whenever the theme ends in "-exy."
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Colonelpenguin said…
<--- I chose to do this picture for today!! :D
I got this icon from Thumb Drive!
 I got this Icon from Thumb Drive!
@SJF-I hear you on that. Next week, I probably won't, either; I just don't feel that way for any of them.

And mine's from King Me. Tiny crown! :D
big smile
I don't know which episode this is from(because I haven't seen them yet) but I still love this picture! :D
@ILUVKOWALSKI: Your icon is from the episode "Feline Fervor."
I used the pic of Private with his burnt Lunacorn. Though I feel bad for him, that part was one of the ones I laughed at the most.
And I also may sit out of next week's icon day, as that word makes me feel uncomfortable.
^Ditto. I prefer to not partecipate the next Icon Day.
I have to think about changing the Icon Days. I understand that many people don't want to do it, but I don't want to hurt Mostar's feelings by rejecting her Icon Day.
^Well I will probably partecipate next week (if I can) but maybe you could have an alternate thing on that day for people who don't want to... but then again it's only one day :)

Mine's from Feline Fevor :) Yay teamspirit!
Just a tip to add. I notice that a lot of people use screenshots straight from episodes to be their icons, both for Icon Days and in general. For the most part, doing this works well enough. However, since icons are square and the screenshots rectangular, Fanpop automatically crops how the image appears in icon form. To avoid this, I crop screenshots myself to make them square before uploading them to Fanpop, that way I can decide what to cut instead of having Fanpop do it for me.
big smile
@27Kowalski, thanks for telling me! ^^
Well I'm definetely participating in next week's icon day, I can't wait for it! ;)
smile
@ILUVKOWALSKI: No problem!
big smile
Hexy Day today!!!! :D
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Penguinangel said…
Hexy day? e3e Quasomeness, if there's a day you don't think is appropriate or that a bunch of people want to sit out, you don't HAVE to use it, and maybe shouldn't.... Just tell the person you're not so sure about it, I'm sure Mostar would have understood if you didn't do it. ^^' But, you're in charge now, so I guess do whatever you see fit.

Aaanyway, I just wanted to tell you I'm still trying to find that list of unused Icon Days I had somewhere. I haven't forgotten. ^^ I'll get it up here eventually.

EDIT: Found it! :D Wow, there's less left than I thought...

PoM Merchandise Day, Hoboken Day, Lemur Day, Otter Day, Penguin Day, Dolphin Day, and regular character days for, well pretty much everyone except Kowalski, King Julien, Marlene, and Maurice, who've already had character days. Probably don't use them all at once, I always tried to keep character days stretched apart and new and old ideas mixed up in the schedule. Soo, yeah, there ya go. ^^
The image I am using for this week's Icon Day is from the episode ... well, guess! Today is "Where in the World is this Image From? Day."

The first person to correctly answer where my icon is from will win respect, glory, and a little swagger in his or her step.
big smile
@SJF: Ah-ah, I know from which episode is your icon, SJF!
But for don't ruin the fun to the others, I would send you a message.

I forgot to say this before, but I'll say it now: Great idea for an Icon Day!
smirk
Anyone know where mine's from?
Happy Icon day fanguins!
This is really fun. I agree with 27Kowalski about sending messages to guess. That way we don't ruin it for anyone else.
Happy Icon Day. Can anyone guess my icon? :)
big smile
Happy Icon day everyone!!! :D Anyone know where mines from? :D
Vor mehr als einem Jahr mostar1219 said…
laugh
^^ a visit from uncle nigel
smile
So what's the next Icon day? :)
Oh, I'm sorry I haven't updated this in awhile. The next icon day will be Eating Day.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr skipper12a said…
Hi there :) It's been a while since I participated in Icon Day. I've changed my icon early. See? It's from Antics on Ice :)
big smile
Eating day today. :D
big smile
Hehe, Skipper "eating Rico's brain" is alright, isn't it? I sure hope so.
laugh
@xDark_Angelx: *facepalm* Zombie Skipper eating Rico's brain! Why I didn't think about it?! Just kidding.

Anyway, I took an icon of Rico while eating a fish in the episode "Eclipsed". Hope it's OK.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr skipper12a said…
Lunacorn day today! Mine is from Antics on Ice because I couldn't find anything better.
big smile
^I like that since tomorrow (well, tomorrow for me, anyway) has a new episode about Lunacorns, this icon day is for that. What a coindicence.