Lost We Need to Boost our Fanbase!

hamishblakefan posted on Jan 19, 2010 at 11:25PM
I saw that Twilight (GAG!... no offense:D) has nearly five times the fans that lost has!!!
I know right!!!
Lost startted in 2004
Twilight was published in 2005
Twilight was puplished one year after lost started and it has five times the fans!!!

We have to recruit people!!!!

Lost 26 Antworten

Click here to write a response...
Vor mehr als einem Jahr tuttleAC said…
Maybe if Sawyer was sparkly... or maybe if Jack took his shirt off more.

Vor mehr als einem Jahr courtney7488 said…
^Shouldn't Jack and Sawyer just turn into vampires? Kate would obviously be the Bella of the group. :P
Oh, so Kate will be playing the one with no real personality but everyone is in love with an thinks is amazing :P (my understanding of Bella from twilight)
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Steve_McQueen64 said…
^Yes, Bella has no personality at all! And if lost was like Twilight, I would stop watching!
Vor mehr als einem Jahr AKnetsirk said…
The Others would totally be the Volturi. :p

But yeah, Lost definitely deserves more fans! It's so much better than Twilight. On the other hand I am very happy that there's no scary psychotic fans here like there is on the Twilight spot.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr backtoblack said…
Maybe if Sawyer was sparkly... or maybe if Jack took his shirt off more
rofl!

But yaeh, I totally agree we need more fans gere!
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Emm_xD said…
I would pay a lot of money to see Sawyer sparkle xD

On the other hand I am very happy that there's no scary psychotic fans here like there is on the Twilight spot.

^^ same!
Vor mehr als einem Jahr AdaLove said…
I am a fan of both spots,and a fan of Twiligh series,but really I cannot understand why Twilight spot has SO many fans..I just think we are lucky that in this spot there isn't the chaos that appears to be in Twilight spot..
Well I have a theory. I notice that on Fanpop the ratio of girls to guys is like one guy for every 1000 girls... or maybe it just seems like that :P

So maybe if there were more guys we'd the LOST spot would be more even with the Twilight spot.
last edited Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Vor mehr als einem Jahr marissa said…
^^ good theory, tuttleAC :)

I'm not all that disapointed with this spot's numbers, to be honest. If there were a ton more people, the spot might be kind of overwhelmed with poopie stuff ("Who should Kate be with???" "Who thinks Sywer iz hawt??" "Why iz lyke smoke on island wiff dem??!?" "i love lamp!").

More fans would be great, of course, but only real fans, you know? If you only watch the show every know and then (you're nuts!) or if you just think Ian Sommerholder is super mega foxy awesome hot, maybe you shouldn't be a fan of the spot.
I like that it's real, serious fans who can really level with each other and talk about things on the show that matter. (Not that it doesn't matter that Ian's hot... because it totally does.)

Anyways, to put an end to my rant... the fans here rock!
I agree a lot with you Marissa,it is so nice that here there are fans that really love LOST,and have a level..
:)
Vor mehr als einem Jahr hamishblakefan said…
^^ i agree with everything that has been said...

-Bella is an annoying tool with NO personality.
-The fans here are AWESOMEXD
-And yea it does seem that guys on fanpop are like water in a drought:D
- I still think LOST deserves a bit bigger fanbase.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Lostsurvivor_ said…
sunny
I just happened to stumble onto this site, so you can add one more huuuuuge fan of Lost! Hope to have some real mindful conversations here.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr PkmnTrainerJ said…
I'm glad Lost fans aren't like Twilight fans. Means we can intelligent discussions and Picks (even with the occasional crazy shippers) without anyone slandering anyone else.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr marissa said…
^ What crazy shippers?

And, OMG charlie is back and he and claire are in love and i LOVE THEM and they are so cute dom is so hot i like them i hope the get MARRIED omgomgomg lyke, pb&j forevah!
Vor mehr als einem Jahr TmoVie_obsessed said…
As much as I think Lost needs more fans, I agree with what people have said before: spots with more fans have a much higher chance of crazy fans taking over. You have no idea how annoyed I am with a lot of spots I'm a fan of. This is one of the very few spots with truly meaningful picks and no spamming, or (like is found all the time on spots like Twilight) stupid fan fights. I think it's perfect.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr xoheartinohioxo said…
lol it's time like these that make it hard to be a Twilight fan ;)

No but seriously, I totally get what everyone is saying. I go on the Twilight spot occasionally [somehow I have a dedicated medal there??] but it just gets to be ridiculous. There are way too many little children asking the same damn questions 500 times.

I think part of the reason certain spots, like this one for example, have "less" fans than others is because in general we're a more mature audience.

I'm sure there are some kids & pre-teens that watch, but I think the majority of fans are teens & adults. And again, obviously there are plenty of people on Fanpop that are mid-twenties & older, but I think it's safe to say that Fanpop is predominately a "younger" site.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr nandacavalieri said…
Quality over quantity.
I want more Lost fans? Of course. But maybe not here on Fanpop, I think the amount we have is good and we have some amazing people. Again, it's better to have a few fans who can keep a good conversation then 1000 that can't spell
smile
Hahaha, it's weird but the reason I like this site is because there arn't loads and loads of fans! You get to know everybody better, which makes all the conversations and theorizing that much more meaningful :)
Vor mehr als einem Jahr nandacavalieri said…
yes, I agree with you Steve_McQueen64. I keep saying I miss the time when Fanpop was smaller...
Today I saw that the Justin Bieber spot has nearly the same amount of fans as this spot. FML.
Ahhhhgg... Just Bieber, eww. No offence any Bieber fans :P
Just Bieber..maybe people don't know to judge well..no offense taken...I mean LOST is tones better than all the silly TV shows..
Who the hell is Justin Bieber and why am i vaguely aware of him?

Is he some kind of dictator that controls a teenage girl army?
^^ lmao.

A dictator is putting it lightly!
Vor mehr als einem Jahr courtney7488 said…
"Who the hell is Justin Bieber and why am i vaguely aware of him? "

I'm guessing because you're neither an adolescent girl nor one who spends a lot of time with adolescent girls (at least, I hope not :P ).

And yeah, ditto to what Em said about being a dictator. :P