How To Train Your Dragon The ending MAJOR SPOILERS OF COURSE

Storystuff posted on Apr 04, 2010 at 03:18PM
So Hiccup loses his left foot and gets a prosthetic one. I think it's cute 'cos now both dragon & rider are dependant on each other and Hiccup will never need a real foot again anyway as he'll never need to fight as they're ok with dragons now and with his new foot he's like dragon rider SUPREME!!! Lol.
Anyway, pub quiz:

1) In the book he didn't lose his leg, why do you think the film added it??? (I think it was for the reasons above) :-)

2) What did you think of the overall film? (I liked it)

3) Did Toothless remind you of Stitch from Lilo & Stitch?

4) Was it just me or were the flight scenes AMAZING???

5) Is 3D a gimmick (I think it doesn't ad anything)

Ok, pub quiz over :-)

How To Train Your Dragon 4 Antworten

Click here to write a response...
Vor mehr als einem Jahr i_love_dragons said…
heart
1.yes losing his leg touched many including me and made the film better.

2.best film I ever saw better than avatar or any other movie

3.No toothless kicks stitches ass.

4.duh all the scenes were amazing but in 3d the flight scenes were indeed very good.

5. Duh it adds a lot you said it yourself the flight scenes were amazing because of it!
Vor mehr als einem Jahr shieldmaiden said…
1) Well for starters, the film is loosely based off the book. From what I've read, in the book the Vikings aren't even enemies with the dragons. The dragons are already their pets. So the film in some sense is a prequel to the novel. The fact that Hiccup lost his foot was for me unexpected. I already knew they wouldn't kill him off, but for them to give him an actual, legitimate injury was very realistic. It was kind of a shock that they did this in an animated feature meant for kids where one is so used to seeing the hero walk away unscathed. Thus, I felt that it made the film that much stronger. Also, the fact that he lost his left foot and that Toothless had lost his left wing made their bond even stronger and thus dependent upon each other. A very befitting end to a wonderful film.

2) Personally I found it to be Dreamworks best film yet and right up there in quality with the likes of Pixar. In my book, it is the first serious contender of the year for Best Original Score, Best Adapated Screenplay, and Best Animated Feature. It's not my favorite movie of all time, but it'll definitely remain as one my favorite animated films along with Bolt, WALL-E, and Mulan.

3) Nope I never made that correlation.

4) The flight scenes were breathtaking, so much so that I sometimes found myself gripping my seat arms.

5) 3D is not a gimmick when used correctly. This film should be an industry example of how to properly use 3D. The thing with 3D is that the film needs to be made using 3D cameras/techniques in order to really work. The fact that Alice in Wonderland and Clash of the Titans failed to awe audiences with their 3D is because they were done using retroconversion, basically conversion of the film to 3D after it had already completed filming. So, when used properly 3D is a wonderful addition to a film. How to Train Your Dragon was made so much better than 3D.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr taismo723 said…
1. Yes it's a good touch to this film. Very sweet when he gets up from the bed then hears the clanking of his leg. He looks down to see he lost his leg.
2. This is definetley one of my favorite movies of all time.
3. Toothless's design was based upon Stitch.They were animated by the same guy. You can see the resemblence.
4. I loved the one where Hiccup fixed Toothless's wing. He was yelling at Toothless and stuff. I couldn't stop laughing.
5. I didn't see it in 3D because it costs more money. It's just a scam to get people to pay more. Besides, I wear glasses so the 3D ones don't work.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr hiccupdragons said…
1. It makes him and Toothless equal and dependent on each other. It also is another reason that shows the vikings aren't that different from the dragons, which is a theme throughout the movie. When I first saw this I was shocked too, but I thought it really wrapped up the film and made it seem much more realalistic.

2. I really loved it, it's my favorite, and can't wait for it to come out on DVD. I thought the storyline, characters and setting were amazing.

3. He didn't at first, but when my brother pointed that out I started to see the resemblance.

4. Yes, they were really breathtaking, espeacially in 3D!

5. Well, 3D does cost almost twice as much as much as seeing a movie in 2D, but in some movies (like How to Train Your Dragon) the 3D effects are really amazing and worth the extra money.