Fanpop Etiquette Link etiquette

harold posted on Jul 12, 2008 at 04:24AM
A forum thread for discussing user preferences for what to do and what not to do when posting links on Fanpop.

Fanpop Etiquette 2 Antworten

Click here to write a response...
Vor mehr als einem Jahr harold said…
I'm not sure how you folks feel about promoting content on Fanpop by posting links in other spots, so let me know. Is it gauche? Totally fine?

However, I have a pretty strong opinion as to a type of content promotion that isn't OK. That's posting a link to content in the same spot. link would be the Fanpop Users spot. In that spot is an article about the etiquette of making quiz questions about users (called "Quizzes to do with users"), which is good. But if you then added a link in the Fanpop Users spot called "quizzes to do with users" that pointed to that article...my, my, that's just wrong. Of course, you are able to do that, but good grief! Why would you ever do that? That is SO not acceptable!
Vor mehr als einem Jahr germany123 said…
i find that i tend to be very understanding when people misplace content for a valid reason.

like amazondebs who made a linkon the fanpop spot about a photoshop related question because there is barely any activity on the photoshop spot...but she explained why and i know what its like because i have written in forums on smaller spots and either never gotten an answer or waited months.

and i linked your forum post, harold, on the same spot but i only felt that was ok because the forums are not shown in the updates..and time- in that particular case- was running out ;)

as for spot advertising in links..i think link is pretty much how i would think advertising should be handled.

what gets to me is people who post stuff without even INTENDING to do the right thing.