FanFiction.net Is My OC a Mary-Sue? WARNING: needs Harry Potter knowledge

LilysLittleTwin posted on Jan 07, 2010 at 09:42AM
I just really want to know. I've taken quizzes online, but I want to hear it from a person.

Name: Vicoria Francesca Greengrass.

Physical descripition: Long black hair, dark blue eyes, and relitively pale.

Other descrition: Blood-traitor and proud, Slytherin though, falls in love with Severus Snape (they're in the same year, don't worry), not very social, friends with Andromeda and Xenophilius and later in the story, maybe another Ravenclaw.

I hope I've covered enough! PLEASE TELL ME YOUR THOUGHTS!

FanFiction.net 5 Antworten

Click here to write a response...
Vor mehr als einem Jahr WolfPatronus said…
Well, just make sure you give her some faults and have her make some mistakes. If you don't, she could potentially be a Mary Sue. Just don't have her able to do everything and anything perfectly. She has to not be good at at least three things. Three is a good number, right?
Vor mehr als einem Jahr LilysLittleTwin said…
Okay, thanks, I'll look out for that!
Vor mehr als einem Jahr marissa said…
I agree with WolfPatronus, as long as she's well written and has flaws, she should make a good character. However they should be real flaws, you know? Not just "oh, she was so clumsy! but it was cute when she dropped stuff!"
Like, maybe she's terrible at potions or something, lol.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr r-pattz said…
^ Definitely.

I would change up her physical description a bit; yours is somewhat cliche. Maybe give her unruly hair, or glasses, or uneven features, something like that.
last edited Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Vor mehr als einem Jahr LilysLittleTwin said…
Marissa, you're getting a prop for that. xD I was actually going to make her bad at potions.

r-pattz: I'll try to think of something.