Elizabeth Montgomery Bewitching Elizabeth ...

Cammie posted on Feb 20, 2008 at 02:21PM
Ever since I was a child I have loved the 6os series Bewitched and it's star Elizabeth Montgomery. To this day, more than four decades since its debut Bewitched is still watched and loved worldwide. There's no disputing that one of the main reasons for this sitcom's huge success and following is largely due to Elizabeth's portrayal of Samantha, a witch who married a mortal and tried tirelessly to adjust to just being a suburban housewife and mother. Although the role she will always be best remembered for will be as the bewitching Samantha, Elizabeth's talent went far beyond that which is why I wanted to create a "spot" exculsively for her (there is already one for Bewitched). She had done a lot of stage, television and film work prior to Bewitched. When the series ended in 1972 (after 8 years) Elizabeth went on to do numerous movies and mini-series. Although nominated 9 times for an Emmy award (5 times for her role in Bewitched and 3 times for movies) Elizabeth never did win one. However this talented actress' work has not gone unrecognized! On 4th January 2008 (more than twelve years after her passing) Elizabeth received her star posthumously on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame. Also in June, 2005, Salem Mass. honoured her by erecting a statue of her as Samantha in their city centre.
last edited on Feb 21, 2008 at 07:06AM

Elizabeth Montgomery 6 Antworten

Click here to write a response...
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Berni said…
I think Elizabeth would be very proud of all your hard work,commitment and dedication Cammie,that you have given to both Bewitched and Elizabeth Montgomery spots.I love Elizabeth she was a very graceful,elegant talented actress solely missed.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Cammie said…
Thank you for your very kind and sweet comments, Bernie.
Both Bewitched and Elizabeth deserve to be remembered.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Samanthafan101 said…
kiss
OMG! I love Elizabeth Montgomery, i watch bewitched almost everyday and i love it more than Twilight(which is a big deal for me:P). Sometimes when i remember that she isnt with us anymore i feel empty, like theres a part of me missing, so its great that theres a place for me to think about her. Thank you for making this site.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Cammie said…
heart

Vor mehr als einem Jahr witchgal15 said…
smile
I love that picture of liz so much that i made a shirt once with her on it.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr mrliberty said…
cool i love old shows more than todays