Dr. James E. Wilson What is your favourite Wilson Wisdom?

misanthrope86 posted on Nov 28, 2007 at 10:08PM
Good old Jimmy seems to not only be a Boy Wonder Oncologist (yes, with capitalisation!), but also an ethical and philosophical advisor to House and many other characters on the show.

So what is your favourite Wilson Wisdom?

Dr. James E. Wilson 7 Antworten

Click here to write a response...
Vor mehr als einem Jahr liznchase said…
Ummmm...So may to choose from.

"You would think you were God, and I was afraid your wings would melt"

That is so deep. Wilson is deep. I love him (Not as much as I love Chase).
Vor mehr als einem Jahr misanthrope86 said…
Yes there are so many to choose from! But I really like this one from Son of a Coma Guy:
"I associate with you through choice. And any relationship that involves choice you have to see how far you can push before it breaks.... And one day our friendship will break. And that'll just prove your theory that relationships are conditional and you don't need human connection or deserve it or whatever goes on in that rat maze of your brain."

I love how Wilson analyzes House all the time and comes up with some great Freudian analyses and intricate psychological descriptions of House's thought and behaviours. It makes me laugh!
Vor mehr als einem Jahr maggs1994 said…
"I associate with you through choice. And any relationship that involves choice you have to see how far you can push before it breaks.... And one day our friendship will break. And that'll just prove your theory that relationships are conditional and you don't need human connection or deserve it or whatever goes on in that rat maze of your brain."
Vor mehr als einem Jahr LisaS said…
From Daddy's Boy: I've always liked this exchange:

Dr. Wilson: If you have the money then why did you need the loan?

House: I didn't. I just wanted to see if you'd give it to me. I've been borrowing increasing amounts ever since you lent me $40 a year ago. Ummm, a little experiment to see where you'd draw the line.

Dr. Wilson: You're...you're trying to objectively measure how much I value our friendship.

House: It's five grand – you got nothing to be ashamed of.

Dr. Wilson: Now, be a grown-up and either tell Mommy and Daddy you don't want to see them, or I'm picking you up at seven for dinner.

House: What do you mean? You just said...?

Dr. Wilson: I lied. I've been lying to you in increasing amounts ever since I told you you looked good unshaved a year ago. It's a little experiment, you know, to see where you'd draw the line.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr jameswilson said…
"You're so afraid if you change, you'll lose what makes you special."
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Biathine said…
hmmm ... He said to House something like "Our friendship is an ethical responsibility "... I don't remember it exactly ...but it was cool XD
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Bery said…
Loved Wilson's wisdom at the end of the episode Autopsy

House: Diphenhydramine. Antihistamine. New delivery system, it’s a blood brain barrier thing.

Wilson: So it’s all about speed isn’t it. One thing to another; never standing still.

(...)

Wilson: Clot was no where near her amygdala. Means her fear emotions were working perfectly.

House: Yeah.

Wilson: Yeah. So her bravery was not a symptom.

House: Yeah. I was wrong. She genuinely is a self sacrificing saint whose life will bring her nothing but pain, which she will stoically withstand just so that her mom doesn’t have to cry quite so soon. I’m beside myself with joy.

Wilson: She enjoys life more than you do.

House: Right.

Wilson: She stole tat kiss from Chase. What have done lately?

House: I’m pacing myself; unlike her I have the luxury of time.

Wilson: She could outlive you.