Dawson's Creek Why many people dislike Dawson???

MelanieLeery posted on Nov 16, 2009 at 09:57AM
I'm a new member in this site but I read most of the ideas, and I realize: many people dislike Dawson. Since I'm a total Dawson fan, I want to know more opinions about him.

Dawson's Creek 4 Antworten

Click here to write a response...
Vor mehr als einem Jahr DutchGuyLeroy said…
Well, I couldn't tell you really since I, myself am also a big Dawson fan. He seems like a good dude, knowing the difference between right and wrong and maintaining some core moral and values.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Bangel90 said…
Uhm..I'm not really a big fan of Dawson (but I love him anyway, notn as much as the others) and I'll try to explain why to you. I think he's often immature and whiny...as once said by Joey he watched him grow up and switch from a subjective and selfish view to a more selfless person. And when he acts selfish and self-absorbed..that's when I don't like him. But I LOVE his dreamer view, his ability to believe in love and innocence and his will to pursue his dream.

I prefer Pacey (as a character and with Joey) for SO many reasons: Pacey has a more open-mind, he doesn't have a one-view on things..he can open himself to the world and that's what makes him attractive as personality.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Emil5634 said…
smile
I dont HATE Dawson, but I'm not a huge fan either. Dawson is just sometimes an annoying person! He keep pulling Joey back to him, even though he knows that Joey can never be with him for real. Sometimes he's very childish and melodramatic. He often wants to control things, as if it was a scene in one of his movies.
I love him when he's not; selfish, jealous, angry, whiny and annoying. I hope it helped:)
Vor mehr als einem Jahr bangel9redux said…
I think people are just not able to accept a character like Dawson. As you said, he has morals, he is a dreamer, he is innocent and somewhat naive, vulnerable, optimistic, and most of all, he believes in love wholeheartedly. He represents what most people let go of in their childhood and spend most of their lives resenting the loss of. From that standpoint, it makes all the sense in the world that people throw so much hate Dawson's way. I, however, think it is highly ridiculous and unfair. Every other character gets a pass for their impulsive or selfish behavior, yet Dawson is not entitled to his feelings or reactions to the things that his friends may have done that affected his life. EVERYONE on this show was selfish from time to time. So, to single Dawson out and reduce him to some whiny child is utterly unfounded.