Country Musik Stars React to AMA Nominations

Kimberly01 posted on Oct 11, 2007 at 09:03PM
October 10, 2007 — Tim McGraw, Carrie Underwood and Rascal Flatts captured two nominations each for the 2007 American Music Awards. Other country nominations went to Toby Keith, Brad Paisley, Martina McBride, Taylor Swift, Big & Rich and Brooks & Dunn.

Taylor Swift was in New York about to head over to sound check for her performance on "Live with Regis & Kelly" when she found out that she had received an AMA nomination for Female Country Artist. Her manager, Rick Barker, called Taylor with the news and that she has been asked to be a presenter on the show.

"Ahhhhhh! I'm so excited about this!" Taylor says. "I'm ecstatic about it being a fan-voted award show! I'm still trying to catch my breath because two minutes ago I was dancing around my hotel room!"

Big & Rich's Big Kenny and John Rich were pleasantly surprised to find out about their nomination. "To be nominated with Brooks & Dunn and Rascal Flatts for Country Favorite Band, Duo or Group on the American Music Awards is a wonderful honor," said Big Kenny.

John Rich adds, "Being nominated in its inaugural year of fan voting is a tremendous opportunity for our fans to have their voices heard. We have the best fans. Muzik Mafia Soldiers, cast your vote and make your voices heard!"

The awards show will be broadcast November 18 on ABC from the NOKIA Theatre L.A. Live in Los Angeles. For the first time in AMA history, winners will be determined by online voting at ama.abc.com. Votes will be collected from October 9 until November 1.

The country nominations are as follows:

Male Artist: Toby Keith, Tim McGraw, Brad Paisley
Female Artist: Martina McBride, Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood
Band, Duo or Group: Big & Rich, Brooks & Dunn, Rascal Flatts
Album: Let It Go by Tim McGraw, Me and My Gang by Rascal Flatts, Some Hearts by Carrie Underwood

Source: GAC

Country Musik No Antworten