Comic Bücher Dog Eaters: A New Manga-Style Comic Book Miniseries

bluecat posted on Dec 23, 2008 at 09:09PM
Rave Reviews for Dog Eaters Comic Book!
Reviews and interviews with Malcolm Wong, the creator of Dog Eaters
www.dogeaters-manga.com

“…If you haven’t already, check out the free preview of Issue 1, here. It’s a great opportunity to explore the world of the Black Dog Clan, albeit in black and white. But not to worry, the first issue is in glorious color and a gripping read from cover to cover. Recommended.”
-Andrew, Things From Another World, 12/1/08 Link To Complete Review

“…[Wong] does a good job of making it fun to read, and throws in some social challenges and a mysterious stranger that could make things more interesting and change up the dynamic…Angel’s manga-esque art style is very fitting for the book and quite smooth. Overall, a pretty cool read.”
-Nick Budd, Comic Pants 11/26/08 Link To Complete Review

“Dog Eaters, a comic from Malcolm Wong was adapted from his screenplay into a six issue comic with a very heavy manga influence. With art by Chilean illustrator, Guillermo A. Angel, Dog Eaters brings a very Mad Max vision to the printed page that you can just see jumping off the page onto the silver screen. The preview pages below show off not only the unique design (check out the cover) but the excellent use of color. I love comics that take a path less traveled with new stories and adventures and in this Dog Eaters delivers. check out more on the official site and enjoy some screenshots below. Without original ideas the industry will go stale, but with folks like Wong creating then we have nothing to fear.
-James Fleenor, AnimeSentinel, 11/04/08 Link To Complete Review

“I like the way that Malcolm is able to have a subtle message without being preachy. There’s no political agenda in this book. But the point of inspiration was Malcolm’s fear that we won’t be able to move beyond our dependence on petroleum. That subtle seed is planted in the mind of the reader when they see the desolate future this has led to. But the book itself is mostly a post-apocalyptic action book - which is always fun. Anyone who’s been reading for awhile knows that I’m a big fan of behind-the-scenes information. So my favorite part about this preview was definitely the Special Bonus Section: The Story Behind Dog Eaters. It was well written and very thorough.”
-Super Searnold Comic Book Reviews, 10/30/08 Link To Complete Review

“A sort of Manga meets Mad Max, Dog Eaters follows the roving Black Dog clan, as they try to survive in this post apocalyptic environment. The important difference here from what we've seen in Mad Max and Water World, is that our group is not a gang. They are a clan, a "family". And that comes through even in this brief peak into the larger story. The World of Dog Eaters is a fully realized one. Malcolm Wong has obviously fleshed out the society, it's structure, it's rules. The characters have their own lingo, that is both alien and familiar. Wong writes a well paced and organic tale. Guillermo Angel's artwork brings that story to life. For a guy named Guillermo, he certainly has his Manga style down pat! It's gorgeous! Makes me think wistfully of the VIZ titles I used to read in the 90's. The full version of Issue number 1 is due out November 5th. I say, buckle up and enjoy the ride!”
-Project Fanboy Reviews, 10/12/08 Link To Complete Review

Check out interviews with Malcolm Wong at the following websites:

ComicNews

Things From Another World (TFAW)

ICv2

Super Searnold

Spiraken Manga Review - Episode 15

******ISSUE #2 AVAILABLE DECEMBER 17, 2008!!******

Malcolm Wong can be contacted at comicsdog@gmail.com

save

Comic Bücher No Antworten