Weihnachten For those who celebrate Christmas..

peterslover posted on Dec 11, 2009 at 04:55AM
Remember my Christian friends why we celebrate Christmas. It's the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ ♥ Beloved Christ is IN THE WORD CHRISTMAS ♥ Please don't discard Christ in the word by saying/writing x-mas :`((( That's sooo sad to see/hear :`(((
 Remember my Christian Friends why we celebrate Christmas. It's the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus

Weihnachten 5 Antworten

Click here to write a response...
Vor mehr als einem Jahr peterslover said…
cake
Happy birthday my Lord ♥ And thank you Almighty God for the precious gift of Jesus Christ ♥
last edited Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Vor mehr als einem Jahr mtoll4 said…
I understand what you mean!
I dont celebrate Christmas because of Jesus, but I still know that this is why we have Christmas! So I totally get what you mean :)
Vor mehr als einem Jahr peterslover said…
heart
Thank you Maria ♥ That means a lot to me ♥ *hugs*
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Irina92 said…
oh yeah you are right! I never say x-mas, in fact I kinda hate it but you know I need to use it sometimes for abbreviation...
Vor mehr als einem Jahr harold said…
While I agree with the sentiment of not writing "X-mas", for me it's because I have a general disdain for abbreviations. But I take issue with the idea that people writing "X-mas" are not honoring Christ. The "X" is, after all, a representation of the cross. So writing "X-mas" - while in my mind is somewhat lazy - actually honors Christ's sacrifice for all of us in the way that the name of the holiday, Christmas, does not. While the holiday is a day picked to commemorate Christ's birth (which almost certainly didn't happen in December), the ultimate reason we celebrate is that His coming to earth ended 33 years later with His sacrifice for us on the cross, restoring us to relationship with the Father despite our sin. "x-mas" may be lazy, but it is a stronger focus on Jesus' mission and ultimate sacrifice than "Christmas" (literally, "Messiah's birthday").