Young Dracula WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING!

babybell posted on Mar 16, 2008 at 10:46PM
Look, people. Were just standing hear and talking about doing stuff to help bring back YD. But were not DOING anything about it. Were just talking about it and not doing anything. WE HAVE TO ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING.

Young Dracula 24 Antworten

Click here to write a response...
Vor mehr als einem Jahr 11relaxing said…
we could send hundreds of e mails and write hundreds of letters each week until they make more episodes.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr spirited_away said…
which isnt likely.
i dont know what we can do...a protest? a fan convention? all them kind of ideas need proper organisation and money putting into them. and younger folks will have difficulty doing it (parents wanting to know who their kids are meeting etc). it just would be really hard.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr babybell said…
spirited_away is right, i for one know that me and most of the people of my age arent gonna be let to do a protest and where are we gonna get the money? the BBC havent replied to either of my compliants and i asked them to so im well pissed of but they could at least find out more bout this film thing. The chance r that we aint gonna get more eps now its been ages. But they should of done a one of. i mean the fact were still on this website shows were dedicated and they new wed give up after a while so we should each send a complaint again or something people who actually get replys and try to keep content fresh but there aint much else we can do.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr hannah10 said…
what about of a web site
we on msn are making one
Vor mehr als einem Jahr YoungDracFans said…
I was mentioning elsewhere how Jericho fans pulled their efforts together into one cohesive campaign and managed to get another season. (Yes, it's a US show, but fans rallying for their beloved series are much the same no matter where!) In addition to sending email and letters, they sent packages of nuts (apparently quite a lot of nuts!) to get the point across. It wasn't a random thing, there was a story involving nuts that related to the background of one of the program's heroes. Maybe YD fans could think of something that's relevant to YD (and inexpensive!) that could be sent along with handwritten notes asking for more YD???

Just throwing it at the wall and seeing if it sticks. LOL
i knooow. lets send 'em some blood :D
....or maybe not...garlic?
i just sent a complaint to the bbc.and i will send another one if i dont get a reply and then another one and another one than another one.
this is the complaint that i sent and everyone else should send one to.

whats happening with young dracula episodes?is there or is there not going to be more episodes to finish of the story?coz if there's not going to be more episodes the actors will be to old to play the characters.hundreds of people want more episodes and it's very important that i know if there is going to be more episodes or not.please reply back.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr YoungDracFans said…
Garlic! - the smell alone would get people's attention! LOL

But yeah, that's the general idea. Something that relates to the show and yet is inexpensive enough that even the youngest fans could participate.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr babybell said…
Yeh lets by loads and loads of garlic and send it to the bbc.
how do you send stuff tp the bbc?i only know how to do it over the internet.
get the address off the website i would imagine...if we were gonna send stuff we'd have to send it on the same day really, otherwise it would just be random pieces of whatever arriving on random days whenever. and they would need letters with them too.
the cbbc just replied to me and this is what they sent:

Thanks for your e-mail about 'Young Dracula' on CBBC.

I understand that you would like to know if the programme is coming back for a third series.

I understand that you have been waiting for a while to hear from us about this and I am sorry you had to wait so long to hear from us.

We regret that CBBC have no plans to make any more 'Young Dracula' programmes.

We know that the series was greatly enjoyed by our viewers and the makers of it, however we have to be mindful with the very limited resources we have and if we made any more, it will affect other CBBC programmes.

We do believe that there is interest from an independent company to create a film centred on the same or similar characters that may be interest to you.

I hope this isn't too much of a disappointment to you and I would like to thank you once again for taking the time to contact t us

Thanks
last edited Vor mehr als einem Jahr
thats stupid
lets send garlic or send crosses
what do crosses have to do with it?
crosses...repel vampires?
personally i would opt for garlic...its cheaper
Vor mehr als einem Jahr VampPrincessx said…
why dont we all find original ways to ask for a third series? like.. create a comic strip, record yourself singing, make a rap, and then send it all off. The more effort put in, the more it shows them we care x
the cbbc just sent me this:

Thank you for contacting the BBC.

I understand you continue to be disappointed that there will be no more episodes of 'Young Dracula'.

I note that you have received our response on this matter. I can only add that we must continue to provde new programme for our viewers, and our limited resources do not enable us to continue making more episodes. Programmes inevitably come to and end for various reasons, however, we trust that upcoming programmes will also entertain. We would have nothing further to add on this issue.

However. I would like to assure you that we have registered your further comments on our audience log. This is the internal report of audience feedback which we compile daily for all programme makers and commissioning executives within the BBC, and also their senior management. It ensures that your points, and all other comments we receive, are circulated and considered across the BBC.

Thank you once again for contacting the BBC.

Regards

everyone is talking about sending letters with garlic in them but has anyone actully done it?

so someone send them garlic withya letter than write back.
i would do it myself but i dont know how.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr afl-fan said…
i will send more then garlic
last edited Vor mehr als einem Jahr
loadsa people are saying theyre gonna send garlic, so we need to set a date, otherwise there will just be random pieces of garlic arriving with letters stinking only a minute amount. if everyone sent them on more or less the same day, perhaps once a week or something then posted once they have done it so we have confirmation, then itwould all work out good. coz that way the bbc would be flooded with garlic and it would smell quite a bit...which is exactly what we want.
anyone who wants to send garlic and knows how to write your name down ok.