WGA Strike Possibly A Deal?

agentScarn posted on Jan 18, 2008 at 05:17PM
According to link there has been a deal reached with the DGA... can somebody clarify what this means to the TV world??

WGA Strike 3 Antworten

Click here to write a response...
Vor mehr als einem Jahr papa said…
My limited understanding is that folks are hoping that a deal agreement with the DGA (Director's Guild of America) will result in other unions falling in step. For example, the basic model/structure of the DGA agreement would likely be taken as a blueprint for other union/studio agreements.

The agreement also puts pressure on the WGA, b/c the public now sees that the DGA was able to reach an accord so quickly whereas after half a year the WGA is still unable to (so opinion could turn against them, right or wrong - i.e. are they being uncecessarily difficult in their terms? -- that's not my opinion btw, just how it might be perceived).

Folks were expecting that if the WGA had struck an agreement that the editors union would also follow with a similar plan.

The simple reason is that once two parties have signed off on a certain approach to solving a problem it's easier to repeat that same solution with other parties. Mind you the actual percentages and numbers might change from union to union but the basic outline might remain the same.

But again, this is just the unqualified opinion from an armchair observer :-)
last edited Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Elize34 said…
Thanks for the update!
Vor mehr als einem Jahr agentScarn said…
looks like there is more good news... check it out...

link