Rollenspiele für alle ♦Ad Inƒernμm♦

Rogue475 posted on Aug 12, 2016 at 02:44AM
Long ago there a was moment in time where the history of the human race had to be rewritten. It was a fracture in the very fabric of reality caused by The Event. The year was 1881, and the world as it was destined to be, changed forever. It started with the introduction of Mass Steam Drives, engines that ran on super-heated water. Soon the world was run on water alone, and as any great industrial resource, it didn't take long before it became the fuel of vast wars faught over itself...

The year is now 1921, forty hard years since the Steam-powered Revolution, forty hard years of bloodshed and advancement. The key cities of the world are blooming metropolises, while the rest is set in the old ways. A Great War was waged at the turn of the Millennium and rages to this day. The very fate of the Earth rests in the power struggle between the two greatest Factions of the world.

As time went on, the great nations formed the three factions of the Earth; The Empire, The Alliance, and The Defiance.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~­~~~­~~~­~~~­~~~­~~~­~~~­~~~­~~

The Great Empire
The Empire is known from all corners of the globe as the most powerful and ruthless faction. It's grip extends across most of central Europa, as well as Afrika, and Soviet Russia. This warmongering faction tore through the Alliance in the early years of the war and have since only gained territory...

There origin lies within an alliance between Old England, Prussia, Rome, and Austrea. As the four nations merged to form the Empire, the leadership was comprised of the Elder Council of Four, four leaders as heads of their perspective nations would decide on matters of great importance to the Empire.

Living under the rule of the Empire means heavy Isolation from the outside world, heavy taxation to fuel the war effort, strict policy on criminal rights, and a national curfew that is keenly enforced. The faction has little freedom of religion, and some tolerance of ethnic races.

The Old Alliance
The Alliance is known worldwide as the keepers of the old ways, having a strong belief in faith of religion, and are the major faction opposing the Imperial Invasion. Spearheaded by Britainnia, America, and Spain, the Alliance fights desperately to preserve a world free from the tyranny of the Imperial Legion.

The Leadership is comprised of over 23 nations who hold council in New York City, far from the fronts of battle. The class system is much more diverse than that of the Empire, as such an average person has every opportunity that a wealthy person has to be successful.

Living under the Alliance means benefiting from free education, moderate taxation, and a healthy economy overall. Full Religious freedom is exercised, as well as a healthy diversification of ethnicity.

The Free People's Defiance
The Defiance is a rather new faction, with the main force residing in war torn Central Britainia, Occupied France, as well as the Polish Commonwealth. There are small pockets of resistance in Prussia, Soviet Russia, Constantinople, Rome, and several other locations throughout central Europa. Lately the Faction has been beaten at every turn by the Empire, and still opposes Alliance support.

The Resistance has a rag-tag leadership of three Generals, one for each of the main bodied forces. It's ranks are similar to that of America's army hierarchy, and closely resembles the structure.

There is no ruling of others in the Defiance, for they stand to make the world free from control, where the common person gets to help in the choices made.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~­~~~­~~~­~~~­~~~­~~~­~~~­~~~­~~

This story will be separated into three segments;

Part 1: No Escape
Part 2: The Sacrifice
Part 3: Gloria Bellum

This is a Steampunk story heavily stylized by the first world war, and the tale begins in a besieged Britannian city called Weslock.
_________________________________________­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­__

Character Creation Guide
(Post your character as an article, and you will be added to the story. Please be as detailed as you can and be reasonable as far as gear goes this is the early 18th century. Weapons Guide link found link.

Name-

Age-

Faction Ties-

Rank in Faction-

Appearance-

Attire-

Weapons-

Equipment-

Story-
_________________________________________­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­___­__

[Characters]
(R) - Rogue475
(P) - PungoBliss
(B) - Blaze_of_Ares
(T) - Taikamodo

The Empire
~"The Butcher" link (R)
~"Bitch Face" link (P)
~link (B)
~link (R)
~link (R)
~

The Alliance
~link (R)
~link (R)
~"Double A" link (B)
~link (T)
~"Maverick" link (R)
~

The Defiance
~link (R)
~link (P)
~link (B)
~"Mackie"link (R)
~

Independant
~link (P)
~
 Long Vor there a was moment in time where the history of the human race had to be rewritten. It was a
last edited on Sep 11, 2016 at 04:44PM

Rollenspiele für alle 134 Antworten

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 134

Vor mehr als einem Jahr Rogue475 said…
-------------------------------------- Part 1 --------------------------------------
---------------------------------- NO ESCAPE ---------------------------------

-Kara

The aircraft shook as a young pilot desperately evaded the barrage of enemy air fire. "There's two of em' on us! I can't hit either of them if you keep weaving like that!" A boy of only nineteen shouted, just before firing a short burst of bullets from his back seat turret.

"If I don't weave like that, then they'll shoot us outta' the f*ck'n sky!" The young pilot cursed, performing another roll as a second volley of bullets flew past them. Before the small aircraft was a massive steel airship firing heavy flak guns towards the ruined city below. "Mackie, you deal with that airship, I'll keep em' off us!" She shouted, patting the boy's shoulder from behind.

"Roger that, and Kara... Don't call me that, I'm not a kid..." The Private grumbled, swerving his anti-air gun on the Airship.

last edited Vor mehr als einem Jahr
 [b]-------------------------------------- [u]Part 1[/u] -------------------------------------- -----
-The Butcher

"Sir, the western perimeter has been breached, our ground forces are moving in to secure the next defensive line." One of the Iron Maiden's Officers called out, standing over the radio station.

"Very good Major, keep our guns trained on the anti-air." Hans ordered, turning to his second-in-command; Kyell. "Colonel, if would be so kind, remove those vermin from the sky..." The Butcher grinned, pointing towards the Defiance aircraft defending the line.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr PungoBliss said…
"Right away." Kyell nodded slightly, turning to radio her pilots, who where standing by at a distance to protect the massive airship if it was necessary. She gave short, precise orders and coordinates, tone clear. Her pilots where well trained, she only allowed the best of them to fly in defense of their machinery.
-Kara

Just as the plane began to dive towards the airship, at least a dozen Imperial warfighters opened fire on Kara and her ragtag squadron. "Shit, there onto us! Fall back!" The Squardron commander shouted over the radio, only moments before his plane exploded.

"Kara, get us outta here!" Mackie cried, firing everything he had at the incoming war planes.

-The Butcher

"Ahh, that did it, very good Commander." Hans smiled, patting the Colonel's shoulder. He then turned and raised his hand. "Midshipman, ahead full..."
Kyell snorted softly. "Childsplay, sir." She said quietly, watching the destruction her pilots wreaked upon the little group of fighters. "They didn't have that freak with them this time to blow anything up."
-The Butcher

"That little bastard took down one airship, it shall not happen again." The Marshall grumbled, "Midshipman you have the helm. Colonel, with me..." He nodded, starting off towards his chambers.
Kyell followed silently, arms behind her back, the small, worn compass her father had carried between thumb and forefinger, rubbing the etched surface absently. "He aught to be captured and executed for his crimes against the Empire before he managed to escape us."
-The Butcher

"Yes, of course, but I've a far more pressing matter for you, one that is... Quite personal to me, if I may?" He inquired, motioning to show it was her choice and a request rather than an order. Has turned once he made it to his desk, going to light his cigar.
The young woman raised an eyebrow. "Of course. Whatever you need." She spoke without hesitation, willing to pretty much die at the man's bidding. She would never disappoint him, or disobey. IT meant too much to her to be second in command.
-The Butcher

"As always, I appreciate your loyalty, as well as your discretion." He muttered the latter, just before taking a puff of his cigar and offering one to her. "I've received a report from our spies at intelligence that my daughter, Kara, has been sited fighting with the Defiance..."
She gave a slight shake of her head to turn down the offer. "That is unfortunate." Kyall said after a moment's thought. "What would you like me to do about it?"
-The Butcher

"Contrary to popular belief, I do have a soul, it yearns to see her again, to make amends to her..." He sighed, setting down the second cigar. "... I love my daughter, and I am ashamed she has taken company with such low forms of humanity. I ask that you take your most trusted men and find her, bring her to me unharmed, no matter the cost... You do this for me, and I will do everything I can for your brother."
Kyell looked at the ground for a moment, his mentioning of her younger brother striking a very raw nerve. "Of course. I will leave right after this mission."
-The Butcher

The Officer went over to her, setting his hand lightly over her shoulder. "Be careful... Kyell, and bring her home." He smiled lightly, nodding to her.
"Always careful, sir. And I will. You can count on me." She said quietly, turning away from him and leaving silently, lighting shrugging off his hand as she went, moving towards her own small quarters to clean her weapons and prepare.
-Kara

The small aircraft rattled as it touched down on the airfield, flames shooting out the side ports as Kara forced the plane into the hanger. "Mackie, out!" She called out to him, unbuckling and quickly hopping off her side to assist the cadet.
Randall's tousled head appeared from beneath a half ruined aircraft, and he scowled heavily at the damaged plane, pulling himself to his feet and hurrying over to them, cutting off the supply of fuel from the half empty tank to cut off the fires. "You're bloody morons for flying this damn thing back." He muttered, not at all phased by the flames biting for his hands as they died down, or the panic the pilots where obviously feeling.
-Kara

"That old girl's mine, rather not lose her to some Imperial warfighter." The girl uttered, wiping the grease from her brow. "You alright Mackie?" Kara asked, glancing back at the belching cadet.

"I'm fine, and it's Mack!" He shouted, before throwing up once more on the airstrip.
Randal laughed, a really unpleasant sound actually, a sarcastic laugh. "Mackie can't keep his lunch down after a little game." He spoke in a sing song tone, always mocking.
-Kara

"Fuck off..." The boy muttered, wiping the bits of food from his mouth.

Kara shoved him lightly, "He's just teasing, go get yourself checked out, that engine exhaust can't be good for your delicate lungs." She grinned, watching him slouch and move off. "Jesus Randall, you should've seen it up there, there were thousands of warfighters up there... Makes me begin to question our stance of no contact with the Alliance..."
"You're exaggerating again." He snorted a bit, voice muffled by his head being inside the engine of her damaged plane. "There aren't thousands of warfighters in the empire, at least none that bitch face would let fly so close to one of their airships." His nickname for the lieutenant colonel was one shared around the defiance, almost as often as the Butcher was mentioned.
-Kara

She sighed, shaking her head. "There's still a hell'uva lot more of them, than there are of us." Kara spoke quietly, checking her watch. "I'm due for my R&R, I'll come 'round in a bit check in on my girl."
"Assigning gender to inanimate objects is weird. You're weird." He mumbled, then let out a maniacal laugh when a severed wired gave him a nasty shock.
-Kara

She chuckled as she moved off, heading to her quarters where she showered and changed into something not covered in a thick layer of burnt engine fuel. Several minutes later she left the barracks, her sidearm strapped to her hip as she moved through the station. the base was on lockdown due to the Imperial Invasion, no-one in or out unless on mission, which was totally fucked, due to the fact that food there tasted of shit and piss water.

The Warrant Officer made her way back to the hanger, happy to see her old fighter looking good as new. "Ahh, Randall I owe you one..." She smiled, patting the frame of the aircraft lightly.
"You owe me about a hundred ones." He called from the plane he'd been working on before. Randal didn't spend much time around other people, he bothered them and they made it clear that he wasn't generally welcome. Unless they needed him. Then they sent Kara to tell him what to do.
The man whooped and cackled when the engine he was working on made a loud popping sound, and a small fire broke out, cleaning out the old fuel in the lines in a matter of seconds.
It was in that moment when the ground shook, and a bright flash exploded from over the airfield. A thick black cloud began to rain down on everything within the a kilometer's distance. "Oh fuck... They're gassing us!" Someone shouted, just before sirens began to wail.
Randal moved away from his project again, just staring out at the thick black smoke, head tilted to one side, mouth slightly agape. His senses overwhelmed to the point of shutting down from the sound of the sirens and the panicked yells of people running for cover.
-Kara

The young pilot went to her cockpit in an instant and pulled out the two gas masks for her and Mackie. "Here, they're gonna be sending infantry to mop us up, we need to help them." She said, handing over the mask before putting her own on.
Randal shook his head like a dog a few times, pulling the mask on, thinking fast. "Start your plane up and turn it towards the entrance, I'll lock the wheels. The prop'll pull away a lot of the gas." He called over to her, moving to get his knapsack.
-Kara

"My wingman is inside the base, I can't just leave 'em there to secure this hanger... Ah, Fuck fine..." She grumbled, hopping onto her aircraft and starting it up. As she did the gas began to reach ground level, dispersing all about the airfield and the base just beyond. "Fuck, fuck, fuck!" She screamed, feeling the thick gas surround her, biting at her bare neck and hands.
"Stay calm." He said, climbing up and easing the throttle of the plane up, the machine groaning as it strained against the chains holding it still, and the gas began to disperse and blow away, passing around them and through the hangar. "It's all flamable.,.. Think you can make it to the base alright? Drive this bastard if you have to. I'm gonna go blow shit up." He said, and was gone a second later.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Blaze_of_Ares said…
Nemo

Nemo ran with the gas mask off, passing some extra mask to those without and assisting them to safety. He turned just so see the Warrant Officer. "Ma'am, orders?" he shouted over the siren.
-Kara

"I'll be fine." She told the Mechanic, before sprinting off towards the base. Kara was stopped half-way by a lone Sergeant, requesting orders. "Uh, this way, we need to get those people outta there!" The Woman shouted back, raising her Liberator towards an advancing column of masked Imperials. "Fuck! Let's move!" She cried out, firing a couple shots as she ran.
 -Kara "I'll be fine." She told the Mechanic, before sprinting off towards the base. Kara was stopp
Nemo

The man fired a couple of shots before following the officer. He called to people in the area to quickly relocated, while shooting down as many as he could. "Lets get the move on, hurry up" he barked, stressing their urgency.
-Kara

The two became six, then nine. Before long they had at least a dozen or so followers, from engineers to marines, they were all moving in to secure the Airbase. Unfortunately, Kara was the highest ranking soldier amongst them, and she was scared shit-less. "Alright uh..." She uttered as they came up on the facility. "I want two-three men on the entrance, the rest with us..." Kara ordered, just before a Marine took point and burst through the door, rifle raised. "Alright, tell everyone you can to make for the exits and regroup at rally point Omega! Go!" She told the others, before nodding towards Sergeant Nemo.
Nemo

"Ma'am, I suggest we send a pair to scan the camp for any remaining soldiers. I'll volunteer" He suggested, it'll be bad to be left behind with those imperial. It'll be worse if they get captured. Instinctively, Nemo checked his weapon for ammunition, ready to leave the moment his order is given.
-Kara

She glanced back at the man, before removing her mask once the doors were closed behind them. "Do it, then get back we need all the help we can get." The woman then patted the man's shoulder before motioning for the remaining Marines to follow her deeper into the base.
Nemo

"Come with me" He gestured to the one of the men.
"We're going to look for anyone who got left behind, do not engage the enemy. If you see them just run, we don't need more casualties" Nemo explained to his comrade as they run across the camp. Eye's darting all over the base. Alert.
-Kara

"Come on people, masks on, head to the west side!" The Pilot called out, directing the logistics personnel from the base. Just as she gave the order, a uniformed officer appeared with a pistol in hand.

"Who's in charge here?" The man asked, his voice rough as if ready to hack a violent cough.

The woman shurgged, "I guess I am... Warrant Officer Kara Barnes." She nodded, looking over the rest of the marines, before turning back to the man. "Who are you?"

"My name's Sebastian Richards, I'm a Logistics Officer; Lieutenant." He spoke before giving a short pause. "I've never seen combat before... So lead on, Ma'am."
Nemo

"There! Go help them" He urge his partner to the small group of people limping ahead. Nemo hears the footsteps of the Imperials.
"Take the long way around, I'll hold em off, quick!"

Soon as the first soldier turn towards them, the grenade Nemo tossed exploded. He was already running to the others, firing wildly.

"Head to Omega, go go go" As much as he'd want them to hurry, one member of the group had a broken leg. The other two had to carry him forward. Nemo chuck another explosive towards the enemy direction. It'll hopefully hold them off. The private who came with him began piling up the pathway with debris. It'll give them a better chance.
The Defiance forces work desperately to regroup and hold their line against the Imperials. As the light over the horizon began to fade, a great rumble began to sound from the Southern end of the airfield. The sky grew darker as a massive metal airship rose overhead, with Imperial fighters following closely behind. It was a horrible sight, a moment of dread as all good in the world seemed all lost in a scene of metal and bullets raining down upon the defensive line.

-Kara

The young woman glanced up at the ceiling as the building began to shake. "... It's the Airship, our squadrons must be getting pushed back." She uttered, turning her gaze back at the Lieutenant.

"Our squadrons are gone!" Mackie shouted in anger appearing from the control room, a bandage shown over his left eyebrow.

"It's true," Richards nodded, "We've only got a small handful of pilots left in the city, and they're all grounded... The only thing we've got is our AA guns, and if we don't reinforce them in time... The Empire will have this city."
 The Defiance forces work desperately to regroup and hold their line against the Imperials. As the lig
Nemo

The imperials roared at the sight of their airship, but struck dread at the resistance. Nemo sprinted away, he'd bought even time for the others to make it to Omega and he was dead last. Seems like we would lose this battle. He entered the point. Nemo earned a couple of injuries and burns out there, but got three people safe. That's a win for his book, but it would matter if the Imperials kill us all here.
-Kara

The young pilot shook her head, "That's unacceptable. We fall back to rally point omega and we form a plan to deal with that behemoth." She ordered, to which the others solemnly nodded. The heavy rumble became amplified by the sound of rolling treads...

"We've got Landships rolling in! Everyone out of the building!" One of the marines stationed to defend the entrance shouted, only moments before a massive explosion destroyed what was the resistance's main exit.

"We'll take the Northern route, flank back around to get to Omega, C'mon people let's go!" Another Marine told the them, motioning for the logistics personnel to get their asses moving.
Nemo

The explosion was felt from their location. "We have to secure the point" I suggested. One of the men said something about a bulk of their troops in the destroyed building. Over the horizon he could see landships. Seems like hope was dimming at the moment. Nemo did what he could to help.

"Gun-able men, head to the roof and watch the sector" Said the highest ranking sergeant. He proceeded to duty.
-Kara

"Ma'am we've got a couple of civies stuck in the medical wing, that explosion caused the door jam and I can't get them out alone!" A Marine shouted as he ran down the hall.

The Pilot cursed and nodded, "Alright, you two get the rest of these people to Omega, Marine, you're with me."

Mackie blinked then shook his head, "I ain't going without you Kara, were partners, so we stick together." He insisted, before wiping the sweat from his brow. In turn the young woman turned to protest but said nothing, after a short pause she finally nodded, and the three went on to secure the civilians.
Nemo

"Clear the northern path, radio comms says our men our on the way" The engineer said. Immediately all the guns turn towards the target, cutting a path for the rest of us to come by.
-Kara

The ground continued to rumble violently, all as the three attempted to pry the lodged door to the medical room. Through the window a family of three was huddled in a corner with one nurse trying to help bust the door from inside. "It's not moving!" Mackie cried, terrified by the closing sound of the heavy Landships.

"We've got to-!" Kara started but as she spoke the walls behind them collapsed and a huge Imperial Landship began firing at them. "Ahh get down!" She yelped as a bullet tore through her left shoulder and lower stomach.

The marine was torn in half by the machine gun fire, blood spraying in every direction. All as the Landship moved closer tearing apart the debris that made cover for Mackie and Kara. "Kara, hold on!" The boy cried, putting pressure on the stomach wound. "Don't die on me!"

Just then, as all hope seemed faint, the machine gun fire stopped and several shotgun blasts sounded. Mackie peered over the cover and saw what at first glance looked to be a caped cowboy with a 12 gauge. The man stood over the tank firing several shots into the shooting holes. The Imperials screamed from inside, and opened the hatch to attempt to fight back.

The Cowboy threw his shotgun over his shoulder and drew his handgun, lighting up the Imperials with heavy pistol rounds. only a few seconds passed before the Cowboy reloaded his handgun and turned round, "Clear!" He shouted through his gas mask, then turned towards Mackie and Kara's cover. You Defiance?!" The man shouted, hoping off the tank and holstering his sidearm.

"Yes, my friends hurt, she needs a doctor!" Mackie cried out, already convinced it was an American and most definitely not an enemy.

"Alright, James, get over here!" The American called out, before moving in on the couple. His hands were swift in reloading his shotgun, and with a quick pull of the pump, he seemed to be a true war dog. "The Alliance sends their regards..."
 -Kara The ground continued to rumble violently, all as the three attempted to pry the lodged door
Vor mehr als einem Jahr TAIKAMODO said…
"Filthy," James mumbled to himself as quietly as possible as he quickly jogged over to Kara, "So filthy." Wasting no time in an effort to get this over and done with as quickly as possible, James slid his emergency supplies off of his shoulders and immediately got to work. Taking out a roll of bandages and a cloth, he began pressing the cloth down, trying to control the bleeding as best he could, ignoring whatever pained expression the woman might have made. She deserved whatever pain she got for choosing to fight in the first place.

James quickly took to bandaging the wound after confirming that the bullet was no longer inside her body but rather had passed through, making it a clean bullet wound. Something the lucky ones got, he supposed, though none of them deserved luck for this stupidity. After finishing that, he sighed, wiping his hands on his towel before turning away. He didn't want to see any more of these dumb soldiers than he had to.

"I've done all i can do short of knocking you unconscious so you can't feel pain. You'll be fine," He packed up his belongings quickly, sliding his bag back over his back. "So you can go and get yourself hurt again like a fool." He added quietly, not expecting anyone to hear, before returning to stand beside the cowboy. "I've done all i can, sir," He said stiffly, still not fully adjusted to his military life.
Double A

The machine roared as it traverse the terrain. The pack of tanks moving towards the enemy, Swift and Decisive. Alex drove on, heeding commands from his squad leader. The cannon blast shook the ground.
"The cavalry's here" their commander said over the radio. They took the enemy's landship by surprise, pummeling the Imperials with their cannons and guns. Before they had time to adjust their formation, their second wave came and fire another volley of attack.

The young man felt one of the machine, he could feel the environment through it's metal hull. He's hands seem to meld into the controls as the tank strike the Imperials.
"I'm not an Officer James, it's just Sergeant." He spoke, taking off his mask."You need to get back to your rally point, we'll take it from here." The Cowboy nodded to the Defiance fighters, before moving to examine the two.

Mackie smiled lightly, "Thank you... Both of you, if you two hadn't-"

"Mackie shut up..." Kara grumbled, wincing as she drew her handgun. "You don't belong here,,," She murmured towards the Cowboy, showing the pistol.

The Sergeant let out a brief chuckle. "Good ol' 7.63 eh, I'm a 45 man myself, quite a bit more umph... Now miss, I see what what you're doin' here, but the fact is were fightin' a war here, not playin' at one..."