The Office Late Night Coming back: What does this mean for the strike?

ugagurl777 posted on Dec 28, 2007 at 12:19AM
I heard that all these morning talk shows and the late night shows are coming back in January. Does this mean that the strike is almost over. Have they starte negotiations again? I am hoping that it is almost over because this season has not really had a chance to make an impression and so many peopl are bashing it. It makes me sad. :(

Does anyone have any new info?

The Office 11 Antworten

Click here to write a response...
Vor mehr als einem Jahr supercalo23 said…
I just read an article that said talk shows are coming back in January but they will be unscripted. So basically, guys like Leno and Letterman are going to be doing their shows with their own material. It doesn't look like the major corporations are real concerned about the strike yet. Talk shows are coming back, reality shows are popping up like crazy and American Idol starts next month. I just hope something can be done soon because I miss all my favorite shows. Especially The Office. The re-runs are hilarious but I'm ready for some new stuff.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr HannaK said…
supercalo23 is right, they come back but unscripted.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr nonames said…
whens the office goign to be back??????? im dying here
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Shandiii said…
If people would stop tunning in for the freaking 234908239084 season of American Idol, and Survivor, and all of those other crap reality tv shows then maybe we would make a little more progress.
Why do people feel the need to watch that stuff anyways? Turn off your televisions.

And does anyone else feel a little offended that these talk show hosts were all behind the strike but now all of the sudden they're just going to go back to work?
last edited Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Vor mehr als einem Jahr mcfangirl said…
Actually, Letterman is returning *with* his writers - they've reached a special agreement.

link

Interesting...!! Hopefully this will pave the way for all the other shows!!!
Vor mehr als einem Jahr immisterkevin said…
I think the late night hosts going back to work is the right thing to do. Remember, there are lots of crew members who work on those shows that need their jobs.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Shandiii said…
Thanks for the link mcfangirl, that's pretty neat!
And yeah, I understand them going back to work, I was just rambling. But I was serious when I said not to watch American Idol. I didn't know people still watched that...
Vor mehr als einem Jahr followsun said…
I'm a little worried that now with the late night shows back on, and all these new reality shows starting, the networks won't feel as much pressure to reach a deal quickly with the writers. I agree with Shandiii, reality shows are stupid, but that doesn't mean people won't watch them, and then the networks will have their precious ratings back. Sigh...just pay the writers so we can have our Office back!! I need more cute JAM moments! :)
Vor mehr als einem Jahr i_eat_pigeons said…
I AGREE WITH SHANDIIII! stop watching this crap!
Vor mehr als einem Jahr supercalo23 said…
I have a feeling we are in for a long wait. The last WGA strike was in the late 80's and lasted 22 weeks. This one is only in week 10. So we could be waiting a while. I guess I should stop watching the crappy stuff on TV too. But I'm watching the new American Gladiators. I promise I'll stop after this.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr WorshipDwight said…
I NEED The Office! I barely remember what happened last- and thats not good! I swear if I had the money I'd pay the writers myself!!