The Office Jim's Future.

Kitzo posted on Nov 09, 2007 at 04:16AM
In the season four episodes, does it strike you that Jim seems less and less happy with the way his life is working out? He held out for Pam, but now that he has her and sees how she's trying to achieve her dreams, do you get the impression he's looking at his own life and not feeling too impressed?

After all, Philly Jim was a sports writer and could play the guitar. And after tonight's episode, you could see the fear on his face at the possibility of becoming Michael...

Discuss: Is Jim feeling the pressure to "do something" with his life? And will this cause him to leave Dunder Mifflin, and possibly bring about the show's finale?

The Office 11 Antworten

Click here to write a response...
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Familygal925 said…
I think he's realizing that others are pursuing their dreams and he hasn't yet. I think it's hitting him that he hasn't really acheived that much career wise. He realizes that he is turning into Michael and maybe he needs to change that. Who knows what's going to happen next?! We'll see...

I also think he realized how Michael's job isn't as easy as it looks...
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Ross266 said…
Jim is Michael, plain and simple
Jim doesnt want to be there in 10 years, neither did Michael
Both are extrodinary salesmen and can relate to their customers on personal levels to make sales
Both apparently made the bday mistake
The difference between where Michael is and the path in front of Jim is that he knows that one path leads to being Michael. Michael, as far as we know, did not have that.
Also, Jim has common sense, doesnt make ludicrous and possibly life threatening choices, and everyone loves him. Michael wishes to be loved
Vor mehr als einem Jahr llerenaprincipe said…
but jim was laughing at the end :)
his face changed
this is getting more interesting
Vor mehr als einem Jahr ccarter219 said…
I think Jim is realizing that Dunder Mifflin is becoming his career (and as he said in Season 1: "If this were my career, I'd have to throw myself in front of a train.")

I mean the Jim/Pam story is cute, but I thought withdrawing himself from consideration for the corporate job to return to Pam was rather counterproductive to his plan not to make being a paper salesman in Scranton his career.

He's going to have to get a life.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr chel1395 said…
I've noticed that too. Each episode it keeps getting hinted at that Jim is not happy with his current job predicament. In 'Local Ad' we got to see Philly Jim. In 'Branch Wars' Karen admonished Jim for still doing pranks and Jim said he was trying to quit, and in 'Survivor Man' Jim was reminded that Michael once swore he wouldn't be at Dunder Mifflin in 10 years. I definitely think this is going to play in to future episodes. While I hope Jim finds a job he loves, I don't want him to leave Dunder Mifflin. It won't be the same. :(
Vor mehr als einem Jahr iar said…
I think that now he has Pam and he isn't worried about her being with other person and felling misserable he can worry about other stuff like his carreer and what he is doing.
Now he is with a person that have a dream and that it is working to achieve it and he wan't that for him too.

I can't picture what is going to happend with him but I think maybe he is going to have a personal crisis or something like that, he is growing up and he is going to change. Maybe he start to go to school of something after work like Ryan or Pam.

He's not longer the Jim that did the same thing all day and didn't care about...

Jim has similars things with Michael but liked Ross266 pointed before they have differences in the personality so, for me, Jim is going to make a change and won't stay in Dunder Mifflin all his life...

This is getting very interesting...
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Familygal925 said…
I mean I think Jim should achieve his dreams, but I really don't want him leaving Dunder Mifflin! Maybe he'll get another position that he'd like better...but I don't know what that would be bc he is good at sales. Ugh...what a dilemma lol
Vor mehr als einem Jahr office_fan51 said…
I saw a comment on officetally.com that said that he should pick up a part time job as a freelance writer. Something like that would be a good idea for the writers. I don't want to see Jim leave Dunder Mifflin until the end of the show, but he should get to achieve his dreams like Pam. It would be awesome if he could start doing something that would improve his life but leave him at DM for the time being.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr maybeastarbucks said…
It's human nature. He has the girl of his dreams, but that didn't make him happy. Now he'll want a good job. When he gets that, he'll want a good house. Then, marriage. Then, kids. Then a good retirement plan. Then a good burial plot. It's human nature: always wanting more.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr snoznoodle said…
Oh gosh please don't talk about Jim thinking about burial plots. Jim Halpert will never die! Lol.

No it's true though, he only stayed at Dunder Mifflin for Pam and now that he has her he's thinking of other things. I'm sure the end of the show will be when Jim and Pam leave Dunder Mifflin. They're the only ones who are really bothered about their jobs anyway. It's what I love about the show actually it's got that sad irony. You want Jim and Pam to be happy in their jobs but being happy in their jobs means leaving the show and no one wants that. I've always loved that.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Dobbywe said…
Okay. This is what i think is going to happen. Jim has spent the last five years waiting for pam. To him she was the most important thing. Now that he has her, i think he's gonna forget how much she meant to him in the first place if that makes any sense. He's going have a freak out near the end of the season and bail out for a while, but then someone( probably michael) is going to ask him, why he's leaving her, when he was willing to put his life on hold for her when he was just her 'friend'. and we'll see what happens from there...