The Office The Chair Model Discussion - Spoilers

_lina_ posted on Apr 18, 2008 at 01:34AM
Okay, so how great was this episode?! I can't believe Jim has a ring! And he wanted her to move in with him!

The Office 29 Antworten

Click here to write a response...
Vor mehr als einem Jahr kjhawk11 said…
that was so good! i want the video now! i want picks now! that's going up there on my jam moments, and when he pulls out the ring, my heart melted
Vor mehr als einem Jahr _lina_ said…
I almost cried!
Vor mehr als einem Jahr kjhawk11 said…
definitely an "awww" moment
Vor mehr als einem Jahr officefan2010 said…
it was definitely the highlight of the season for me.
i wonder when hes going to purpose!!
im really happy right now.
haha
When he went down on one knee, I swear my heart stopped for a second.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr agentScarn said…
i thought it was not a very good episode. but it sounds like this one satisfied the jim/pam crowd. Hopefully next episode will be more like the office.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr marissa said…
I almost started crying when Jim showed the camera his ring.

Okay... I did cry... but just a little bit.

I LOVED this episode. I thought it was great! A lot of little subtle moments that were just awesome. Andy never being able to say what he meant, the shots of Kelly, Toby and Pam during Michael's "speach", "Oscar Myer Weiner Lover" ...

awesome. :)

(a RING!)
Did you notice that both Meredith and Creed were playing solitaire? (Just a random thing that I found kind of funny)
Vor mehr als einem Jahr DarkSarcasm said…
Halpert is such a tool for going down on one knee and asking Pam to wait while he tied his shoe! UGH! It was funny, though. But wrong. Very wrong. =P

And I loved Andy's dance at the end! What a dork... but a very cool dork - only Ed Helms could pull that off.
I think in a way that it's a good thing, because now she won't be expecting it. But yes, I wouldn't want anyone to do that to me.

Was Andy's hair different, or was I just imagining things?
Vor mehr als einem Jahr DarkSarcasm said…
My mom noticed his hair too, it's no just you. =P
Vor mehr als einem Jahr maybeastarbucks said…
Hate to rain on the parade, but I did not like this episode.

How long has it been since Jim has pulled a good prank? Every week I go into the episode expecting a Jim prank, and for many many weeks I've left the episode disappointed...

I did like Michael and Dwight singing "American Pie" at the end, though.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr IndianKelly said…
I'd further hate to rain on the Jam parade, but Pam did not seem too happy about the prospect of being engaged ... again. She seemed happily relieved when he was only tying his shoe.
last edited Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Vor mehr als einem Jahr shannieannie said…
i'm sure she didn't like the idea of being engaged again because of roy, but she loves jim, and she knows he loves her too. it's a totally different story. lol i'm answering this and i haven't even seen the episode yet. :( i can't wait for it to be online!!!!!! i really should have waited and not read the spoilers. oh well, i'll still probably squeal and clap and all that stuff. :-p
Vor mehr als einem Jahr smoore23 said…
Loved the Jam (how could I not?), and I lol'd at the 'Wendy' bit. Brilliant! Awesome. I didn't catch the 'Oscar Meyer Weiner Lover' because the people I was watching it with were talking, but that is hilarious! And I was reminded of David Brent on his blind date (although his was funnier than Michael's).
Vor mehr als einem Jahr tessajanuary said…
I definitely thought of David Brent's blind date too, smoore!
This wasn't as funny an episode as they can be, but was great (if a little heavy) on the JAM front. And Wendy's? Brilliant.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr tessajanuary said…
Was anyone else surprised about how soon they started the whole "marriage" idea with Jim & Pam? I mean, they just started dating less than a year ago... I guess I thought that they would strech their dating for as long as possible.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr neeki said…
I screamed when Jim bought out the ring. It was a great JAM episode.
And i love Kevin and Andy together. They're awesome.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Kerro21 said…
Althouh the episode wasn't as funny as I would have hoped, I still think it had it's classic moments, like Kevin at the start - the man is truly upset, it's hilarious!

Creed saying he's one chair away - why does he need 3 chairs?

The whole model being dead thing was good too - dead because she was stoned... brilliant.

Michael calling Jan by accident... HA!

Vor mehr als einem Jahr snoznoodle said…
"She was so innocent."
"She was stoned apparently."

I loved Michael and Dwight's jam session at the graveyard!

But JAM! OMG JAM!! I was surprised they were talking about marriage because I'm used to the Office giving us one special stolen JAM moment when they look at each other sweetly and that keeps me going for the week.
I'm happy with seeing them hold hands! It's amazing!!
Vor mehr als einem Jahr chel1395 said…
I was thrilled with the JAM moments as well, but I don't think it was an overly filled JAM episode. Really, it was just the last five minutes that we saw any good JAM action. I loved the episode for reasons that have nothing to do with Jim or Pam.

1. Creed talking about his having two chairs and only needing one more. Hilarious!
2. Dwight acting like Dwight again. No more moping around. He's back to being Michael's lapdog and I loved when he happily said that the chair model was dead.
3. Michael calling Wendy's for a date. I fell off the couch laughing.
4. The meeting of the leaders of the four families. It was like The Godather, Scranton-style.
5. Michael and Dwight rocking it out at the gravesite. I loved how Micheal changed the words to "American Pie."

I thought this was a great Office episode and am a little confused as to why some people didn't like it. Okay, yes, I absolutely died when Jim said "got it two weeks after we started dating." Even the fake proposal was funny because it shows how sweet and playful they are as a couple. All in all, I loved The Chair Model and it had nothing to do with Jim saying he was going to propose to Pam.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr papa said…
I'm not especially fond of the last 2 episodes. Though I can see that this past episode was a great one for JAM fans.

I tend to enjoy the office/business/workplace situations and humor. The last two episodes have focused more on romantic relationships and the non-office lives of the characters (which is fine, it's just not what I enjoy most on the show). But I can understand why they're doing it.

I also agree with some of the others that Michael's encounter with the landlady was reminiscent of the UK show when David Brent tries to dodge his blind date.
last edited Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Vor mehr als einem Jahr shannieannie said…
after watching the episode, which was amazing for many reasons other than the JAM-ness, i think this was one of my favorite episodes ever. michael and dwight were just hysterical (though i did think michael was a little rude to pam's landlady) :(
and it was nice to see the other dunder-mifflinites too, even if they didn't get that much screen time. i'm not that big of an andy fan, but he was soo funny in this one. and kevin! love that guy! :)
i just hope jim doesn't try too many times to fake-propose to pam... she's gonna get sick of it... i don't think she likes the idea of being engaged again after what happened with roy. but this is jim, so, it's different. i hope. ;)
Vor mehr als einem Jahr sprouseter16 said…
OMG!!!!

I think this was one of the best episodes...

it really showed how much jim and pam love each other!!
Vor mehr als einem Jahr angeljayne said…
am never disappointed with the show....NEVER

it makes me laugh
it makes me cry
it makes me gasp!

go JAM
Vor mehr als einem Jahr zejoop said…
Since the start of this season the episodes have been getting very "outlandish". I dislike seeing huge events going on, like car crashes etc. I much prefer the subtle comedy in seasons 1 and 2.

This episode was much more toned down than the last and I liked it.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr cycle-of-menace said…
This episode was ok, but not the best I've seen. It had its great moments. Loved the JAM. Loved Michael and Dwight dancing on the woman's grave.
Loved "What part of shorn't don't you understand?"
Vor mehr als einem Jahr krazykray said…
I agree. I am NEVER dissapointed with an episode!

I love every aspect..Jam, Michael's tendency to make things awkward, Dwight's insanity, Andy's ridiculousness, and all the other minor character's reactions!
Vor mehr als einem Jahr LoveMeSomeJAM said…
So many reasons to LOVE this episode

1) Obviously the JAM scenes were to die for
2) Dwight is BACK! I'm so glad they're focusing on the Michael/Dwight dynamic again. I've missed it!
3) Andy rambling senselessly
4) Creed wanting three chairs
5) Kevin's talking head
6) Oscar Meyer Weiner Lover
7) Toby's reaction to Michael saying he needs to get laid
8) The Scranton Business Park in Pirates Of The Caribbean style (did no one else think of Pirates 3 with the pirate lords when Kevin was introducing them?)
What's NOT to love about this episode?