The Office Is The Office in trouble

tvman posted on Apr 16, 2007 at 06:35PM
This Turseday NBC garnered its worst Thurseday night rating in 20 years, even with an all new lineup. This begs the question, is The Office as good as we think it is? Don't get me wrong, I think The Office is the greatest show on TV right now and one of the greatest shows of all time, but if it gets more of these low rating and NBC gets better programming, it might kill The Office. I think we of Fanpop need to do more to get The Office word out there. I'm not talking about dropping flyers from a helecopter on to bussy residential areas but spreading The Office word to everyone we know and promoting it for the great show that it is so that it gets more powerful and lives for a long time. Lets do it Fanpopers. Let Officeize the world!

The Office 7 Antworten

Click here to write a response...
Vor mehr als einem Jahr greedo said…
I think the office is still outstanding. My understanding is that while the Office isn't the massive ratings juggernaut of other comedies gone past, it excels in many of the most lucrative demographics (like professionals, folks with above average personal income, men from 21-45 years old, etc.).
Vor mehr als einem Jahr bealoser said…
but the office has already been renewed for a full 4th season - and has been since january. that's a pretty big confidence boost from nbc.
link
last edited Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Vor mehr als einem Jahr CelticPride said…
Look, the office has kind of cooled down a bit. I went on tv.yahoo.com and I made comparisons. The 2nd season may be the best season the office might ever have because every time in average of 97-98% of the fans said it was a good episode. the only ones that received worse were the carpet and sexual harassment. This season, it's gone down. It's more like 90-91% of fans say that the office had good episodes. I did compare the office to the other comedy shows on nbc. 30 rock is not anywhere close to the show, but I think MNIE and Scrubs are the top competitors from NBC with the office. It may not be the office, I'm not sure the other shows around it are good enough.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr ilovejimhalpert said…
i still think nbc has to consider how many people download it from iTunes and sites like that. i don't know if they are, but many office episodes have been downloaded at the number one spot. they all have 5 year contracts also.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr julesfan said…
I would have to agree with ilovejim... I am one of those people who simply cannot make it home in time to catch it when it airs on TV, so I have to either download it off of iTunes or find the episode online. I would guess there are a lot more people who do that than you would think and TV shows will need to start expanding their idea of a show's value beyond its TV ratings.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr flutterly said…
Good shows aren't always the highest rated, and vice versa. A lot of reality shows get really high ratings, and I personally think they, for lack of a better word, suck.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr michael said…
Arrested Development was a great show that got a lot of critical aclaim and had built up a sizable fanbase that just couldn't keep itself on the air. I don't think The Office is anywhere close to the same situation, but it does make me worry about the shows that I love to watch and think are wonderfully and cleverly written.