Helden des Olymp Secret

Lt_Pupster posted on Sep 28, 2012 at 12:03AM
Ok summary. Percy is Actually Roman but is forced to go to camp halfblood. He hates it there and wants to go back to his camp Jupiter... I better not tell more or it will ruin the story so yea here it is.

Characters: The characters, who do you think.

I DO NOT OWN THIS THING THAT I AM POSTING!!!!!! I read somewhere that i have to do it, it is also on many stories... O yea i have to say rick made it.

RULE 1!!! NO RULES, DEATH TO ANY 1 THAT SAYS SO!

Prologue: New Recruits
3rd Person.

The rain beat viciously on the glass. The strength and size of the droplets threatened to break through the windows and impale Sally. She watched with a strangely calm expression as he struggled to keep his breathing under control, hands clenched and arm muscles rippling.

Neptune's jaw twitched as he spoke, as if fighting the urge to clench his teeth. "How long are you going to pretend like this isn't happening?"

"I'm not pretending," she sniffed. It was unusual for her to be so blunt with him, and it signaled just how furious she really was. It was not every day that Sally Jackson lost her temper, and Neptune certainly did not appreciate it now.

"Sally, it's not safe—"

"It's not safe?" she shrieked. Lightening flashed and momentarily lit up the room. "When was anything about us ever safe?"

"That's beside the point!" he argued. Thunder crackled and the room shuddered. "Don't you get it? It's dangerous, Sally,"

Sally thought he should have considered that before he went and got her knocked up, but she wisely held the thought inside. "This is my son we're talking about, not a piece of property," she snarled. "Why does it matter to you so much anyway?"

"Because I care about you," Neptune insisted. "Both of you."

"This is about that son of Jupiter, isn't it?" she accused, eyes growing wide with realization.

"What? No!" But even as he said it, he knew it was a flimsy defense. She would see right through it. Sally saw through everything.

"Of course it is!" she yelled, shocked that she hadn't realized it sooner. "Lupa has Jason already, doesn't she?"

"Yes, but—"

"And you can't stand for—gods forbid—a son of Jupiter to be better than your own son!" She shook her head in utter disgust. Everything always boiled down to a competition between Jupiter and Neptune. She wouldn't have it. Too soon. He was too young. She'd heard endlessly about this Jason child, but she refused to believe that all demigod cases were the same. For one thing, Jason didn't have a mother.

"Sally, that's not true!" he promised. "you know I love you both."

The small part of her that she still permitted to hope wanted to believe him, but she already knew too much about the god standing before her to believe that it could be a matter of love and concern. Sally made a noise in the back of her throat, somewhere between a snort and a chuckle. "When did you decide that it was okay to come back after three years and expect that you get a say in how I'm living my life?"

"You forget your place," Neptune said icily, but Sally could tell she struck a nerve. "I am a god. You are a mortal. My reasons are never simple. Watch your mouth."

Perhaps she should be afraid, but she doubted his ability to harm her. She raised an eyebrow quizzically. "Is that a threat?"

Neptune sighed and seemed to age a few years. "You know I'd never hurt you, Sally."

"Well, if that's really true, then you wouldn't force me to give him up."

Neptune didn't have an answer to that.

So she returned to life as normal and settled back into the routine she'd subconsciously fallen into, but Neptune's words haunted her. She knew his words held truth, however hard she'd tried to deny it. There was no way to contain a child with such power.

She held onto him. Even when the monster attacks scrunched closer together and the doctor started trying to force medications on her. She knew there was so much room for things to get worse, and it wouldn't help either one of them if she shipped him off to California.

Neptune gave her a deadline anyway. She didn't welcome it and it took her some time to accept it. Sally had no wish to obey, but she recognized that her decision to keep him with her was starting to become selfish. She would never forgive herself if something happened to him. Still, handing him over at the tender age of three seemed like such a stretch. As summer came and June and July passed, the idea seemed more and more sickening. It was the morning of August 19 that she decided to listen.

. . .

Lupa watched the four-year-old with a clever eye. He was unusually still for any child so young, nonetheless a hyperactive child with more reflexes then he knew what to do with. He looked so serene she couldn't help but wonder what his mother had told him when she'd dropped him off in the woods and left him here by himself.

He was watching her too.

At first, she thought he was only catching glimmers of her movement. Even a half-blood child would have some noticeable reaction to a wolf slinking around in the woods behind them, and she hadn't see him move. Not once. But after a few minutes it became apparent that his eyes were following her, and they made eye contact when she stepped out of the trees into the dimming afternoon sunlight.

Maybe, she realized, she had her work cut out for her this time.

She worked off fear and intimidation. She would have to stretch herself further to make this child fear her.

However, Lupa was starting to like the idea of recruiting kids so young. It was the older kids that she had problems with. They stubbornly rejected the idea of anything outside the limited universe they'd known, arguing with her endlessly, though they could never explain why they would bother arguing with a wolf if some part of them didn't believe in "mythology." The two-year-old son of Jupiter was so little he didn't even realize what was happening, and thus, had no reaction. The eight year old girl she'd just accepted a few weeks ago was visibly uncomfortable, but she accepted the idea calmly. But her newest pup—the one she was currently watching—was both aware of what was going on, and taking it calmly. Maybe she'd start demanding all her pupils to come at the age of four.

She'd been waiting for this one. Neptune had warned her of this before the boy was even born. Naturally, she knew the mother would try and hold on as long as she could, but she also knew a child with a stench that strong couldn't stay alive without protection or training for long. Lupa wasn't thrilled about having a son of Jupiter and a son of Neptune so close in age; she'd witnessed many times first hand how dangerous a struggle of power could be. With the right amount of pride and manipulation, they could end up rivals, even enemies. All she could do was hope that one would be willing to step down for the other, or she was going to have an explosive problem on her hands, especially if the boys had inherited their fathers' competitive traits. She wasn't thrilled about having a son of Neptune around period, but she thought that maybe, it just might work to her advantage if she played her cards right.

Lupa stepped forcefully into the clearing. The boy didn't even blink. She kept walking until they were about a foot away from each other.

"Who are you?" he asked calmly, cocking his head slightly, as though the idea that she wasn't attacking puzzled him.

"I think you know already," Lupa answered, as she stared him down.

He frowned. "I've never seen you before."

Lupa laughed; a raspy, dry laugh that bounced through the woods. "Percy, have you ever heard the story of Romulus and Remus?"
last edited on Nov 25, 2012 at 09:49PM

Helden des Olymp 50 Antworten

Click here to write a response...
You've gone too far. Reloading last forum page...