Helden des Olymp Camp Jupiter Reads THE Lost HERO

JosephineSilver posted on Dec 08, 2011 at 03:51AM
This story takes place after Jason's dissapearance but before Percy's reappearance.

Rating: 13+
Disclaimer: All character rights belong to RR except for Sonia, Tristan, and a coule other characters that will randomly pop up every now and then.

CHAPPIE ONE
Reyna was bored out of her mind.
Senate meetings...literal Pluto.
This meeting was important, though. Her praetor-in-partner, Jason, had vanished mysteriously.
Randomly, a beanie kid – one of those giant ones – fell out of the sky, through the senate roof, a buried Octavian beneath it’s sheer size. It wasn’t very heavy, so it didn’t cause much damage, but it was big enough completely cover him. You could hear his muffled yells coming from underneath the stuffed fluff.
It was about the best thing to happen all day.
Dakota staggered down from his perch towards Octavian, grabbed the beanie kid, a tugged it off of the augur.
It’s back seam was caught on one of the pins keeping Octavian's toga up, and tore clean down the middle.
With a strangled screech, Octavian flailed around in his twisted toga and tried – but failed – to get up.
“Only the augur is permitted to gut sacrificial beanie kids!” he yelled. “Blasphemy! Treason! Arrest him!”
A book fell out of the teddy’s gaping back wound, shifted free by Octavian's struggling. It hit the augur on the head and knocked him out cold.
Now, that really was the best thing to happen all day.
Dakota picked up the book, did a halfway drunken stagger towards the praetors podium, gave up halfway along, and just chucked the book the rest of the way to Reyna.
She leant down, and flipped open the cover as she simultaneously waved Dakota back to his seat, and he shot her a dirty look before sinking down next to Octavian, seemingly sorry for himself.
Reyna felt for him. If she was stuck sitting next to Octavian, she’d kill herself. Or maybe kill the augur.
She was about to dismiss the book as a harmless prank when a name caught her eye.
Jason.
She gulped, trying to wet her dry throat. Was this...was this her Jason?
Then she mentally berated herself for her use of the possessive. Jason wasn’t her anything.
At least, not yet...
Wishful thinking, she told herself. besides, Jason is most probably dead
She shied away from that train of thought.
“I think we should read the book,” she announced to the senate. With Octavian unconscious, no-one contradicted her.
She opened the book, and nearly choked as she read out the first sentence.
last edited on Sep 20, 2012 at 03:55AM

Helden des Olymp 66 Antworten

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 66

Vor mehr als einem Jahr Child_of_Hermes said…
POST!!!!
Vor mehr als einem Jahr pugluv98 said…
post the rest!!!!!!!!!!
Vor mehr als einem Jahr goddessgirl said…
this is really good! please post!!!!!!!!!!
Vor mehr als einem Jahr fros4est said…
smile
wow this is soooooo different from the other story when they read about percy's book
this is gonna be soo awesome and can u post the link about your other story i wanna read it
Vor mehr als einem Jahr universalpowa said…
lol thats soo funny
the "klepto twins"
and leo...oh what are we gonna do with you?

post soon! that was hilarious!! :D
Vor mehr als einem Jahr pugluv98 said…
DUH!!! i thought you were going to finish this part!
oh no what happened to percy!?
although in the SoN, its says that Percy always remembered annabeth so where are you going with this....?
post soon@@!!!!! :D :D
Vor mehr als einem Jahr killer24 said…
That was cool
post soon!!! :D
Vor mehr als einem Jahr rock4ever said…
big smile
post soon!
Vor mehr als einem Jahr rock4ever said…
blush
im here! :D sorry but i forgot about this forum.... and you have a mark of athena forum... can you give us the link if you do? thanks! and post soon!
Vor mehr als einem Jahr CalebChase said…
smile
POST POST POST POST
Vor mehr als einem Jahr JosephineSilver said…
Please read the little box up the top of each page. It will explain to you what the heck is going on.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr annabeth523 said…
*cue face palm* i just read the title for the first time and realized, I'm suppost to erase all my posts, i will do that except for this one just for you people to see how dumb I have been and am truely sorry.

edits

wow! i didn't know that i posted on here so much! i posted (let's see 30-what was that number, let me go check. ah! 14, so 30-14 is . . . *cue drum roll* . . . 16! 16+1 is 17! 17 out of thirty posts!)17 posts on your forum (including this one) that's why it took for ever to delete them all . . . oh well at least i gave you lots of incuragement!

JosephineSilver: i will delete this message when the forum is changed to camp jupiter reads the lost hero.

Edits:

Why isn't anyone noticing what you said!!!! i've been waiting forever!!!!! just start the story anyways puppy!! >:o ppppppoooooossstttttt sssooooooooooooooonnnn!!!!!
last edited Vor mehr als einem Jahr
CHAPPIE TWO

EVEN BEFORE HE GOT ELECTROCUTED, Jason was having a rotten day.
Dakota blinked. “Well...good thing he’s a son of Jupiter, hey?”
Sonia, daughter of Ceres, legionnaire of the first cohort, snorted. “So, lightning and electricity can’t kill him. I know for a fact that it can hurt him.”
“Really? How?”
“I threw him in a bath full of electric eels for a thirteenth birthday present.”
“Ahh, but was it the water or the eels that hurt him?”
“Ahhh, but what if the dogs were the ones that let themselves out?”
Reyna rolled her eyes and kept reading.
He woke in the backseat of a school bus, not sure where he was, holding hands with a girl he didn’t know.
Reyna blinked. WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That wasn’t necessarily the rotten part.
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
The girl was cute, but he couldn’t figure out who she was or what he was doing there.
Dakota snorted. “You’re Jason Grace, and you’re holding hands with a cute girl you don’t know.”
He sat up and rubbed his eyes, trying to think.
“How’s that workin’ out for ya?”
“DAKOTA!” over half the senate yelled.
“Yup?”
“SHUT THE PLUTO UP. NO MORE COMMENTARY.”
“Or what?” he asked, unfazed.
“Or I’ll cut you,” a Lar threatened, brandishing a huge sword that would have been a Pluto of a lot scarier if it weren’t see-through and insubstantial.
A few dozen kids sprawled in the seats in front of him, listening to iPods, talking, or sleeping. They all looked around his age … fifteen? Sixteen?
Now, most friends would’ve been concerned that Jason seemed to be suffering from amnesia. However, these friends immediately started an arguement that went somewhat like this:
“He’s fifteen...right?”
“Nah, sixteen.”
“I think he’s maybe more of a 15.34556722291.”
“What...that doesn’t...he’s sixteen.”
“FIFTEEN.”
“SIXTEEN.”
“FIFTEEN.”
“15.34556722291!”
“ELEVENTY-ONE!”
Everyone looked around weirdly at that last one.
Okay, that was scary. He didn’t know his own age.
“That’s really nothing to be ashamed about,” Dakota told the book, pretending he was psychically communicating with Jason. “We don’t know it, either.” He paused, and thought for a moment. “Damn, we’re sucky friends. I feel kinda sorry for Jason. Maybe it’s a good thing that he seems to have forgotten us. He can start a nice life somewhere else, with normal friends who’ll remember his age – once he figures out what it is, of course.”
If Reyna could transform into a monster, she’d turn into medusa, or a basilisk, or an empousa, or something else that could kill Dakota painfully.
The bus rumbled along a bumpy road. Out the windows, desert rolled by under a bright blue sky. Jason was pretty sure he didn’t live in the desert. He tried to think back … the last thing he remembered …
Please be me, Reyna pleaded, though that was a very un-daughter-of-Bellona thing to do. Please let the last thing he remembers be me.
The girl squeezed his hand. “Jason, you okay?”
Curse her, Reyna growled. Curse her to the pits of Tartarus.
She wore faded jeans, hiking boots, and a fleece snowboarding jacket. Her chocolate brown hair was cut choppy and uneven, with thin strands braided down the sides. She wore no makeup like she was trying not to draw attention to herself, but it didn’t work.
Reyna prayed it was because she was so seriously, grotesquely ugly, that she looked so morbidly fascinating, as if she was a car wreck, that no-one could not notice her.
She was seriously pretty.
Of course, Reyna rolled her eyes.
Her eyes seemed to change color like a kaleidoscope—brown, blue, and green.
Jason let go of her hand.

Yeah, you bet he did, Reyna thought smugly.
Gwen, who had been paying more attention to Reyna than the book, was weirded out by the Cheshire cat grin that was plastered across Reyna’s face. Dakota was about to wet himself from fear – he didn’t think he’d ever seen Reyna smile before, therefore, when the war demigoddess smiled, it must’ve meant something seriously heinous was up.
Octavian chose to woke up at that moment, and, being the big, brave augur that he was, saw the look on Reyna’s face and promptly passed out again.
“Um, I don’t—”
In the front of the bus, a teacher shouted, “Alright, cupcakes, listen up!”

“Can cupcakes listen?” Dakota questioned.
A child of Minerva sitting in the front row snorted. “Of course not. Cupcakes don’t have ears. Or brains.”
“So, they’re not much different from Dakota, then?”
“If you’re implying I’m a delicious thing to have at any time of the day, I’m going to have to agree to that statement, with a big, Pluto yes!
“SHUT UP DAKOTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Everyone who wasn’t suffering from some severely traumatising mental images yelled.
The guy was obviously a coach.
“Quick quiz, children!” Sandra, legacy of Pompona, and teacher in the city called out. Her and her class were sitting in at the senate meeting today as a sort of field trip. “Name the obvious qualities of a coach!”
“B.O!”
“Bad hair styles!”
“Internationally monumental sized egos!”
“Bad tempers!”
“Lame-slash-weird senses of humor!”
“Okay, we get the message,” Reyna yelled out.
His baseball cap was pulled low over his hair, so you could just see his beady eyes. He had a wispy goatee and a sour face, like he’d eaten something mouldy. His buff arms and chest pushed against a bright orange polo shirt. His nylon workout pants and Nikes were spotless white. A whistle hung from his neck, and a megaphone was clipped to his belt.
One of the little prees (pre-schoolers) eyes widened. “He sounds scary,” she whispered.
He would’ve looked pretty scary if he hadn’t been five feet zero.
The entire senate lost it, except for Reyna, who was angry that Jason was missing, had amnesia, didn’t seem to have even a hint of memory of her, and yet still managed to be humorous. How dare he manage to be humourous.
When he stood up in the aisle, one of the students called, “Stand up, Coach Hedge!”
{See earlier narrative}
“I heard that!”
Think you were meant to,” Dakota told the book sagely, a fountain of wisdom was he.
The coach scanned the bus for the offender. Then his eyes fixed on Jason, and his scowl deepened. A jolt went down Jason’s spine. He was sure the coach knew he didn’t belong there. He was going to call Jason out, demand to know what he was doing on the bus—and Jason wouldn’t have a clue what to say.
“Blame the bunnies,” Tristan, a son of Mercury whom everyone suspected had been trampled by Hannibal one too many times, said. “The bunnies are aliens.”
{Insert Sound FX here: Crickets chirping loudly in the place of an awkward silence}
But Coach Hedge looked away and cleared his throat.
“He knows something!” Octavian yelled, bursting up all of a sudden.
“Your spidey senses are tingling,” Dakota snorted, before cuffing Octavian ‘round the head so hard little cartoon birds seemed to buzz around his head and tweet while he rubbed the egg shaped lump on his noggin. Unfortunately, the blow did not knock him out.
“We’ll arrive in five minutes! Stay with your partner. Don’t lose your worksheet. And if any of you precious little cupcakes causes any trouble on this trip, I will personal y send you back to campus the hard way.”
He picked up a baseball bat and made like he was hitting a homer.

“I don’t get baseball,” one of the girls in the second row said. “What on earth is a homer?”
“Well...” Dakota started.
“NO!” everyone else yelled out.
Jason looked at the girl next to him. “Can he talk to us that way?”
“Does it matter if he’s allowed to or not? He just did speak like that to you, and you can’t change the past, brah.”
“Dakota, shut up,” Reyna said severely.
“Or what?”
“Or he’ll cut you.”
The Lar waggled his gladio threateningly.
She shrugged. “Always does. This is the Wilderness School. ‘Where kids are the animals.’”
“Hey, that should be Camp Jupiter’s motto!”
The sky rumbled, and rain began to drip steadily through the hole in the roof.
“Forget I said anything.”
The rain stopped, but not before Dakota was hit with lightning.
She said it like it was a joke they’d shared before.
Like Pluto it’s a joke you’ve shared before.
Octavian blinked, finally getting what he’d missed. “This...this, book, is in Jason's POV? About where he is now?”
“Seems like,” Reyna answered while gritting her teeth. She did not like the cool, calculating look on the augur’s face as she gave him the answer he’d obviously been expecting.
“This is some kind of mistake,” Jason said. “I’m not supposed to be here.”
“Got that straight,” Dakota said, then belched.
Gwen curled her lip up in disgust.
“What?” he defended himself. “It’s true. He’s meant to be at Camp Jupiter. That place is obviously not Camp. Ergo, he’s not meant to be there.”
Gwen just looked at him.
Dakota blinked, getting it. “Ah, right,” he said. “Pardon.”
The boy in front of him turned and laughed. “Yeah, right, Jason. We’ve all been framed! I didn’t run away six times. Piper didn’t steal a BMW.”
Gwen blinked. “This guy...he sounds like...”
“Dakota?” Reyna finished dryly.
“Well...yeah.”
Octavian let out a sound like the sound a rooster makes when it’s had a bit too much to drink {Ask Dakota what that sounds like; he has first hand experience}. “That girl he is with has stolen a car!” he bellowed out. “The boy has run away six times!!! He is consulting with vagrants and criminals when he still has a praetorian duty to Camp! He is a traitor, a traitor to New Rome! This...this abomination is the reason I, Octavian Augustus Delloway, should be praetor.”
Everyone ignored the ranting augur as he worked himself into exhaustion and Reyna continued reading.
The girl blushed. “I didn’t steal that car, Leo!”
“See? He isn’t hanging out with criminals, Octopus-”
“-Octavian-”
“-The girl says she didn’t steal the car.”
“Oh, I forgot, Piper. What was your story? You ‘talked’ the dealer into lending it to you?” He raised his eyebrows at Jason like, Can you believe her?
“If this Piper girl hadn’t already said that the boy’s name is Leo, I’d seriously think it was Dakota,” Gwen said.
“Maybe I have a twin,” Dakota suggested helpfully.
Octavian turned to the decimated giant beanie bear. “The entrails tell me, no, you do not have a twin brother, thank the gods.”
Leo looked like a Latino Santa’s elf, with curly black hair, pointy ears, a cheerful, babyish face, and a mischievous smile that told you right away this guy should not be trusted around matches or sharp objects. His long, nimble fingers wouldn’t stop moving—drumming on the seat, sweeping his hair behind his ears, fiddling with the buttons of his army fatigue jacket. Either the kid was naturally hyper or he was hopped up on enough sugar and caffeine to give a heart attack to a water buffalo.
“Definitely sounds like Dakota...”
“Doesn’t look like me, though. I’m delicious like a cupcake, remember? And this guy, this Leo guy, he...isn’t”
“Anyway,” Leo said, “I hope you’ve got your worksheet, ’cause I used mine for spit wads days ago. Why are you looking at me like that? Somebody draw on my face again?”
“Who drew on his face the first time?”
“I’m more interested in what, exactly, they drew.”
“I bet I know...”
“No, Dakota, you don’t.”
“What’s the bet it was-”
“NO!”
“Dakota, you dirty minded boy, SHUT UP!”
“Hey, y’all are the ones with dirty minds. I was gonna say someone wrote LOSER across his forehead. Jeez.”
“I don’t know you,” Jason said.
Leo gave him a crocodile grin. “Sure. I’m not your best friend. I’m his evil clone.”

Gwen’s mouth dropped. “So, this guy, he isn’t Dakota's twin, he’s Dakota's clone?”
Octavian turned around once again. “Try again later,” he said.
“What, huh?” Gwen questioned.
“Try. Again. Later,” Octavian repeated, with surprising patience, for him, at least.
“Aw, c’mon. I thought these were the sacred, all knowing auguries, not a magic eight ball.”
“TRY. AGAIN. LATER!”
“Leo Valdez!” Coach Hedge yelled from the front. “Problem back there?”
“Yes!” Gwen yelped. “Identity thief! Identity thief!”
“Gwen!” Reyna yelled.
“Yes, praetor?”
“You are rapidly becoming irritating. Keep reacting like a Dakota and I’ll have to bar you from commenting.”
Leo winked at Jason. “Watch this.” He turned to the front. “Sorry, Coach! I was having trouble hearing you. Could you use your megaphone, please?”
Dakota rubbed his hands. “If this guy really is my clone, the next few minutes will involve one of my two great loves: Star Wars, and farm animals.”
Coach Hedge grunted like he was pleased to have an excuse. He unclipped the megaphone from his belt and continued giving directions, but his voice came out like Darth Vader’s. The kids cracked up. The coach tried again, but this time the megaphone blared: “The cow says moo!”
All the legionnaires blinked, and crossed themselves against the evils of doppelgangers' {Most all of them have watched Vampire Diaries. They all know that doppelgangers' are evil}.
The kids howled, and the coach slammed down the megaphone. “Valdez!”
Piper stifled a laugh. “My god, Leo. How did you do that?”
Leo slipped a tiny Phillips head screwdriver from his sleeve. “I’m a special boy.”

“So, I guess he really is my clone.”
“Gods, your ego is big enough to compare with Octavian's.”
“Aw, I’m wounded. That is a blow low enough to permanently cripple any man.”
“Guys, seriously,” Jason pleaded. “What am I doing here? Where are we going?”
Piper knit her eyebrows. “Jason, are you joking?”

Dakota snorted. “Nope. Jason can’t joke. Doesn’t have a funny bone in his body.”
Reyna wished she had laser vision. Jason did so have a sense of humour!
“He doesn’t have a spine, either,” Octavian said.
The entire senate was now glaring at the augur with such force it was amazing that there wasn’t any ensuing laser vision.
“No! I have no idea—”
“Aw, yeah, he’s joking,” Leo said. “He’s trying to get me back for that shaving cream on the Jell -O thing, aren’t you?”
Jason stared at him blankly.

As was the senate, staring at the book.
“No, I think he’s serious.” Piper tried to take his hand again, but he pulled it away.
Reyna nearly purred with satisfaction.
“I’m sorry,” he said. “I don’t—I can’t—”
“Speak English?” someone interrupted snarkily.
“That’s it!” Coach Hedge yelled from the front. “The back row has just volunteered to clean up after lunch!”
The rest of the kids cheered.
“There’s a shocker,” Leo muttered.

“You want a shocker? I got one for you? One day, your gonna die.”
But Piper kept her eyes on Jason, like she couldn’t decide whether to be hurt or worried. “Did you hit your head or something? You really don’t know who we are?”
Jason shrugged helplessly. “It’s worse than that. I don’t know who I am.”

“Dramatic page break,” Sonia guessed as Reyna paused.
“Stop being mean, Sonia,” Dakota said.
“Don’t tell me what to do unless you want me to use my leftover electric eels on you.”
“Hey! You said those were a thirteenth birthday present. That means you know how old Jason is! So spill! What’s his age?”
Sonia smiled and made a key locking motion at the front of her lips.
The bus dropped them in front of a big red stucco complex like a museum, just sitting in the middle of nowhere. Maybe that’s what it was: the National Museum of Nowhere, Jason thought. A cold wind blew across the desert. Jason hadn’t paid much attention to what he was wearing, but it wasn’t nearly warm enough: jeans and sneakers, a purple T-shirt, and a thin black windbreaker.
“Am I the only one who can’t picture that outfit meshing together well in their head.”
“That’s the outfit that Jase wore practically everyday.”
“My point exactly.”
“So, a crash course for the amnesiac,” Leo said, in a helpful tone that made Jason think this was not going to be helpful.
“I hate it when people do that,” Sonia said with a sideways glance at Dakota.
“We go to the ‘Wilderness School’”—Leo made air quotes with his fingers. “Which means we’re ‘bad kids.’ Your family, or the court, or whoever, decided you were too much trouble, so they shipped you off to this lovely prison—sorry, ‘boarding school’—in Armpit, Nevada, where you learn valuable nature skills like running ten miles a day through the cacti and weaving daisies into hats! And for a special treat we go on ‘educational’ field trips with Coach Hedge, who keeps order with a baseball bat. Is it all coming back to you now?”
“Okay, maybe running through the cacti I can believe, but daisy chains? How is that a valuable nature skill?”
“Maybe for fairyland?”
“Yes, fairyland, where the faeries and unicorns play, and never is heard, a discouraging word, and the sun shines brightly all day-”
“And this is the reason that I’m glad I’m neither legacy nor demigod of Apollo.”
“No.” Jason glanced apprehensively at the other kids: maybe twenty guys, half that many girls. None of them looked like hardened criminals, but he wondered what they’d al done to get sentenced to a school for delinquents, and he wondered why he belonged with them.
“You ran away from your praetorian duties, that’s what!” spit flew from Octavian’s mouth. “You belong in Tartarus, you traitorous coward, but I guess a school for delinquents will do!”
Leo rolled his eyes. “You’re real y gonna play this out, huh? Okay, so the three of us started here together this semester. We’re total y tight. You do everything I say and give me your dessert and do my chores—”
Reyna felt like snapping Leo’s neck into little, bitty pieces.
“Leo!” Piper snapped.
For the first time, Reyna felt a kinship with Piper.
But they’d still never be friends.
“Fine. Ignore that last part. But we are friends. Well , Piper’s a little more than your friend, the last few weeks—”
Weeks? Reyna felt yet another moment of smugness. This relationship was so a product of the Mist.
“Leo, stop it!” Piper’s face turned red. Jason could feel his face burning too. He thought he’d remember if he’d been going out with a girl like Piper.
“A girl like Piper?” one of the prees questioned.
“He means she’s hot,” Dakota said.
He got hit in the head with a praetor’s shoe. What an honour.
“He’s got amnesia or something,” Piper said. “We’ve got to tell somebody.”
Leo scoffed. “Who, Coach Hedge? He’d try to fix Jason by whacking him upside the head.”

Octavian grinned evilly, which was a harrowing sight. “Then tell Coach Hedge. And also tell him to be none to gentle.
Reyna was suddenly barefoot, and for the third time that day, Octavian was unconscious. Most of the senate were awed at their praetors ability to multi-task: continue on reading while disciplining both Dakota and Octavian.
The coach was at the front of the group, barking orders and blowing his whistle to keep the kids in line; but every so often he’d glance back at Jason and scowl.
“Leo, Jason needs help,” Piper insisted. “He’s got a concussion or—”

“If she’s talking about the mental variety, I agree.” This time it was Sonia making a snide comment. Reyna found herself wishing she had three feet.
“Yo, Piper.” One of the other guys dropped back to join them as the group was heading into the museum. The new guy wedged himself between Jason and Piper and knocked Leo down. “Don’t talk to these bottom-feeders. You’re my partner, remember?”
“I sense the hate levels in this room just rose up rather steadily,” Dakota said. “Also, how dare he knock down my clone?”
“Leo.”
“Huh?”
“It would seem, Dakota, that your clone has a name.”
The new guy had dark hair cut Superman style,
“Superman had a quiff, right?”
“No, it was more of a comb over...wasn’t it?”
“I thought it was a buzz cut...”
“What Superman movie were you watching? He never has a buzz cut.”
“GUYS. Shut the Pluto up.”
a deep tan, and teeth so white they should’ve come with a warning label: do not stare directly at teeth. permanent blindness may occur.
“Warning: do not stare directly at Dakota, permanent nightmares may occur.”
“Ha ha.”
He wore a Dallas Cowboys jersey, Western jeans and boots, and he smiled like he was God’s gift to juvenile delinquent girls everywhere.
“So, he was a gift from Venus?”
“I’m thinking he’s the monster?”
“Monster? When was there a monster mentioned?”
“We’re deimgods. Thus, monster. ‘Nuff said.”

Jason hated him instantly.
“I think most everyone here agrees with Jason.”
“Go away, Dylan,” Piper grumbled. “I didn’t ask to work with you.”
“Ah, that’s no way to be. This is your lucky day!” Dylan hooked his arm through hers and dragged her through the museum entrance. Piper shot one last look over her shoulder like, 911.

“911, indeed. Indeed.”
Leo got up and brushed himself off. “I hate that guy.” He offered Jason his arm, like they should go skipping inside together. “‘I’m Dylan. I’m so cool, I want to date myself, but I can’t figure out how! You want to date me instead? You’re so lucky!’”
“What’s the bet that’s the thought that goes through this Dylan guys head every five minutes?”
“Try three.”
“More like one.”
“Maybe it’s just on a perpetual loop.”
“Leo,” Jason said, “you’re weird.”
Dakota beamed. “Why, thank you, Jason.”
“Yeah, you tell me that a lot.” Leo grinned. “But if you don’t remember me, that means I can reuse al my old jokes. Come on!”
Jason figured that if this was his best friend, his life must be pretty messed up; but he followed Leo into the museum. They walked through the building, stopping here and there for Coach Hedge to lecture them with his megaphone, which alternately made him sound like a Sith Lord or blared out random comments like “The pig says oink.”

“Dakota, one comment about pig Latin and I will be the one to cut you,” Gwen said, brandishing her pugione threateningly.
The Lar looked kind of disappointed that he wasn’t the one doing the knife brandishing.
Leo kept pulling out nuts, bolts, and pipe cleaners from the pockets of his army jacket and putting them together, like he had to keep his hands busy at all times.
Jason was too distracted to pay much attention to the exhibits, but they were about the Grand Canyon and the Hualapai tribe, which owned the museum.
Some girls kept looking over at Piper and Dylan and snickering. Jason figured these girls were the popular clique. They wore matching jeans and pink tops and enough makeup for a Halloween party.

“I’ll never understand, what is with the popular girl stereotype of ‘pink’ being, like, their colour?”
“Well, if you think about it in an animal kingdom sort of way, it makes sense. The women with the most brightest colours are subconsciously considered to be the prettiest, so they draw the attention of stronger, younger, more attractive mates-”
“Never mind – I don’t wanna know.”
One of them said, “Hey, Piper, does your tribe run this place? Do you get in free if you do a rain dance?”
The other girls laughed. Even Piper’s so-called partner Dylan suppressed a smile. Piper’s snowboarding jacket sleeves hid her hands, but Jason got the feeling she was clenching her fists.

“You go, girl! Punch those witches in the face.”
“Knock ‘em dead!”
“SUCKER PUNCH!!!”
“My dad’s Cherokee,” she said. “Not Hualapai. ’Course, you’d need a few brain cells to know the difference, Isabel.”
“Burn?” Dakota questioned.
Isabel widened her eyes in mock surprise, so that she looked like an owl with a makeup addiction. “Oh, sorry! Was your mom in this tribe? Oh, that’s right. You never knew your mom.”
Burrrrrn.” Dakota winced.
Piper charged her,
“YES!”
but before a fight could start,
“AWWWWWWW! DANGIT!”
Coach Hedge barked, “Enough back there! Set a good example or I’ll break out my baseball bat!”
“QUICK! Someone, throw one of the breakable monuments! I wanna see the Coach break out his baseball bat!”
Jeez. Romans are bloodthirsty little cretins, eh wot?
The group shuffled on to the next exhibit, but the girls kept calling out little comments to Piper.
“Good to be back on the rez?” one asked in a sweet voice.
“Dad’s probably too drunk to work,” another said with fake sympathy. “That’s why she turned klepto.”

“Piper, if you don’t punch those girls, I will.” Dakota said, in all seriousness.
Octavian strived to look wise and worldly. “That is not a part of her fate. Nor yours.”
Dakota stared at him. “Dude,” he said. “A fake British accent? Really?
Piper ignored them, but Jason was ready to punch them himself. He might not remember Piper, or even who he was, but he knew he hated mean kids.
“Which is why he turned you down, Sonia.”
“Really? I thought it was because he secretly had a thing for you, Dakota.”
The price of Reyna’s favourite lipgloss – the only piece of make up she ever wore, now - $9.86.
The price she’d pay to get Jason back, safe and sound? $67.88 {That’s all the money she has right now}.
The look on Dakota's face just then?
Priceless.
Leo caught his arm. “Be cool. Piper doesn’t like us fighting her battles. Besides, if those girls found out the truth about her dad, they’d be al bowing down to her and screaming, ‘We’re not worthy!’”
“Why? what about her dad?”
“Why? What about her dad?”
Sonia snickered. “See, Dakota? You two are practically an old married couple already. Predicting his sentences. There’s definitely no hope for you.”
Leo laughed in disbelief. “You’re not kidding? You real y don’t remember that your girlfriend’s dad—”
“Look, I wish I did, but I don’t even remember her, much less her dad.”
Leo whistled. “Whatever. We have to talk when we get back to the dorm.”

“Am I the only one getting the feeling that that’s a talk that ain’t ever gonna happen?”
They reached the far end of the exhibit hall , where some big glass doors led out to a terrace.
“Alright, cupcakes,” Coach Hedge announced. “You are about to see the Grand Canyon. Try not to break it. The skywalk can hold the weight of seventy jumbo jets, so you featherweights should be safe out there. If possible, try to avoid pushing each other over the edge, as that would cause me extra paperwork.”

“I’m sorry if this would cause you unnecessary paperwork, Coach, but please, gods, someone push Dylan off.”
The coach opened the doors, and they all stepped outside. The Grand Canyon spread before them, live and in person. Extending over the edge was a horseshoe-shaped walkway made of glass, so you could see right through it.
“Man,” Leo said. “That’s pretty wicked.”

“Like my sword,” the Lar said, eyeing Dakota.
Jason had to agree. Despite his amnesia and his feeling that he didn’t belong there, he couldn’t help being impressed. The canyon was bigger and wider than you could appreciate from a picture. They were up so high that birds circled below their feet. Five hundred feet down, a river snaked along the canyon floor. Banks of storm clouds had moved overhead while they’d been inside, casting shadows like angry faces across the cliffs. As far as Jason could see in any direction, red and gray ravines cut through the desert like some crazy god had taken a knife to it. Jason got a piercing pain behind his eyes. Crazy gods ... Where had he come up with that idea? He felt like he’d gotten close to something important—something he should know about. He also got the unmistakable feeling he was in danger.
“Monster,” the entire senate chorused.
“You alright?” Leo asked. “You’re not going to throw up over the side, are you? ’Cause I should’ve brought my camera.”
Dakota lost it laughing. “Now, t-tha-that is one pic-pi-pictu-picture I’d p-p-pa-pay to s-s-s-see.”
“Well, you know what they say. ‘A picture’s worth a thousand denarii’.”
Jason grabbed the railing. He was shivering and sweaty, but it had nothing to do with heights. He blinked, and the pain behind his eyes subsided.
“I’m fine,” he managed. “Just a headache.”
Thunder rumbled overhead. A cold wind almost knocked him sideways.

“You see, Jase, that’s what the gods do when they are either a) annoyed at you or b) someones telling tales.”
“Or c) Juno and Jupiter are having a domestic.”
“There is that,” Dakota admitted.
“This can’t be safe.” Leo squinted at the clouds. “Storm’s right over us, but it’s clear all the way around. Weird, huh?”
“Not really,” the entire senate said in union, even Octavian, surprise, surprise.
Jason looked up and saw Leo was right. A dark circle of clouds had parked itself over the skywalk, but the rest of the sky in every direction was perfectly clear. Jason had a bad feeling about that.
“We’re demigods,” Reyna said.
“Ergo, we get bad feelings about extremely focused storms,” Gwen finished.
“Alright, cupcakes!” Coach Hedge yelled. He frowned at the storm like it bothered him too. “We may have to cut this short, so get to work!
Remember, complete sentences!”

“I forget,” Dakota began. “But is Jason dyslexic?”
“Don’t think so.”
“He’s not ADD, either.”
“Lucky duck.”
“Ducks are evil.”
“Never trust a duck.”
“They just want grapes.”
“And lemonade.”
The storm rumbled, and Jason’s head began to hurt again. Not knowing why he did it, he reached into his jeans pocket and brought out a coin—a circle of gold the size of a half-dollar, but thicker and more uneven. Stamped on one side was a picture of a battle-axe. On the other was some guy’s face wreathed in laurels. The inscription said something like ivlivs.
The pre-school teacher, who had also taught Jason, groaned. “Don’t tell me he’s forgotten every roman numeral I taught him!”
“Dang, is that gold?” Leo asked. “You been holding out on me!”
Jason put the coin away, wondering how he’d come to have it, and why he had the feeling he was going to need it soon.
“It’s nothing,” he said. “Just a coin.”

“That turns into an epic sword,” the Lar said. “And trust me, I know quite a bit about epic swords.” He stroked his own...uh...‘epic’ sword lovingly.
Leo shrugged. Maybe his mind had to keep moving as much as his hands. “Come on,” he said. “Dare you to spit over the edge.”
Dakota grinned. “Do it, do it, do it, do it-”
“He doesn’t do it.”
“Aww, man!”
They didn’t try very hard on the worksheet. For one thing, Jason was too distracted by the storm and his own mixed-up feelings. For another thing, he didn’t have any idea how to “name three sedimentary strata you observe” or “describe two examples of erosion.”
Even the teacher looked confused then, but, hey, fair enough. She taught prees, not AP college classes for the Ivy League.
Leo was no help. He was too busy building a helicopter out of pipe cleaners.
“ADD,” the senate concluded.
“Check it out.” He launched the copter. Jason figured it would plummet, but the pipe-cleaner blades actually spun. The little copter made it halfway across the canyon before it lost momentum and spiralled into the void.
“How’d he do that?” Dakota wondered.
“How’d you do that?” Jason asked.
“Don’t say a word, Sonia.”
Leo shrugged. “Would’ve been cooler if I had some rubber bands.”
“Seriously,” Jason said, “are we friends?”
“Last I checked.”
“You sure? What was the first day we met? What did we talk about?”
“It was …” Leo frowned. “I don’t recal exactly. I’m ADHD, man. You can’t expect me to remember details.”
“But I don’t remember you at all. I don’t remember anyone here. What if—”
“You’re right and everyone else is wrong?” Leo asked. “You think you just appeared here this morning, and we’ve all got fake memories of you?”

“I saw a movie like that once-”
“Groundhog Day?”
“No, it was a different movie.”
“In that case, I’m not that interested.”
“Why? What’s so good about Groundhog Day?”
“Nothing in particular.”
“Then why...oh, whatever.”
A little voice in Jason’s head said, That’s exactly what I think.
“Listen to the little voice, brah. Let it guide you.”
“Unless it tells you to throw an innocent girl into a shark pool at feeding time as a sacrifice to the gods. Then you don’t listen to it.”
“Hey, how do you think people would react if you walked into Seaworld with a fishing pole?”
But it sounded crazy. Everybody here took him for granted. Everyone acted like he was a normal part of the class—except for Coach Hedge.
“Ah, mysterious are the ways of the coach, and wise is the young ‘un whom seeks him out.”
“Take the worksheet.” Jason handed Leo the paper. “I’ll be right back.”
“Epic way to get out of doing work, dude.”
“Do you know what else is epic?” The Lar asked. He was now cradling his sword as if it was a baby and was staring at it with lovestruck eyes.
Before Leo could protest, Jason headed across the skywalk.
Their school group had the place to themselves. Maybe it was too early in the day for tourists, or maybe the weird weather had scared them off. The Wilderness School kids had spread out in pairs across the skywalk. Most were joking around or talking. Some of the guys were dropping pennies over the side. About fifty feet away, Piper was trying to fill out her worksheet, but her stupid partner Dylan was hitting on her, putting his hand on her shoulder and giving her that blinding white smile. She kept pushing him away, and when she saw Jason she gave him a look like, Throttle this guy for me.

“C’mon, Jase! Rescue the damsel in distress.”
“Don’t be sexist.”
“I wasn’t! I was...I meant...I said...oh, gods of Olympus, I give up.”
Jason motioned for her to hang on.
Dakota snickered. “Hang in there, kitty!” he said.
Octavian, who was still next to him on the floor, gave him a weird look and shuffled away.
This relieved Dakota. He didn’t particularly want Octavian cooties all over him, harshing his mellow.
He walked up to Coach Hedge, who was leaning on his baseball bat, studying the storm clouds.
“Did you do this?” the coach asked him.
Jason took a step back. “Do what?” It sounded like the coach had just asked if he’d made the thunderstorm.

“Think he did, cupcake,” Dakota said. “Hey! All my home boys, that’s my new term of endearment, and if you gotta problem with that, you can run and tell that cupcake-”
Reyna started reading loud enough to drown Dakota the fudge out.
Coach Hedge glared at him, his beady little eyes glinting under the brim of his cap. “Don’t play games with me, kid. What are you doing here, and why are you messing up my job?”
“You mean...you don’t know me?” Jason said. “I’m not one of your students?”
Hedge snorted. “Never seen you before today.”

“And, finally, the truth is out!”
Jason was so relieved he almost wanted to cry.
Octavian rolled his eyes. “See his weakness? He admits it. I should be praetor, not him!
At least he wasn’t going insane. He was in the wrong place. “Look, sir, I don’t know how I got here. I just woke up on the school bus. All I know is I’m not supposed to be here.”
“Got that right.”
“Got that right.”
Dakota scowled.
Hedge’s gruff voice dropped to a murmur, like he was sharing a secret. “You got a powerful way with the Mist, kid, if you can make all these people think they know you; but you can’t fool me. I’ve been smelling monster for days now. I knew we had an infiltrator, but you don’t smell like a monster. You smell like a half-blood. So—who are you, and where’d you come from?”
Smell?!? What the Pluto is this guy?”
Most of what the coach said didn’t make sense, but Jason decided to answer honestly. “I don’t know who I am. I don’t have any memories. You’ve got to help me.”
“Ordering the Coach around, Jason? Not a very clever move. Technically, he doesn’t have to do anything.”
Coach Hedge studied his face like was trying to read Jason’s thoughts.
“Edward Cullen powers activate!”
“No. Just no.”
“Great,” Hedge muttered. “You’re being truthful.”
“Edward Cullen,” Dakota sang.
Gwen face-palmed.
“Of course I am! And what was al that about monsters and half-bloods? Are those code words or something?”
Now the entire senate face-palmed.
“Unbelievable,” Sonia said. “He’s forgotten he’s a demigod.”
Hedge narrowed his eyes. Part of Jason wondered if the guy was just nuts.
“Oh, he’s definitely nuts,” Dakota said. “But, unfortunately – or maybe fortunately – for you, he’s also telling the truth.”
But the other part knew better.
“Mmmhmmm.”
“Look, kid,” Hedge said, “I don’t know who you are. I just know what you are, and it means trouble. Now I got to protect three of you rather than two. Are you the special package? Is that it?”
“Special package? More like mental package,” Sonia said.
“What are you talking about?”
“Exactly.”
Hedge looked at the storm. The clouds were getting thicker and darker, hovering right over the skywalk.
“Something bad is coming,” Dakota said in a woo-woo sing-song voice.
“This morning,” Hedge said, “I got a message from camp. They said an extraction team is on the way. They’re coming to pick up a special package, but they wouldn’t give me details. I thought to myself, Fine. The two I’m watching are pretty powerful, older than most. I know they’re being stalked. I can smell a monster in the group. I figure that’s why the camp is suddenly frantic to pick them up. But then you pop up out of nowhere. So, are you the special package?”
“I thought we’d already established this,” Sonia said. “The only thing special about Jason is his stupidity.”
“Well, at least that paragraph told us one thing,” Gwen said. “Leo and Piper are definitely demigods.”
“Hello, people!” Dakota exclaimed. “This paragraph told us something else, too. HEDGE GOT A MESSAGE FROM CAMP.”
“Maybe after we read this book, we send a message?” Reyna said, but it didn’t sound like she believed it.
The pain behind Jason’s eyes got worse than ever. Half-bloods. Camp. Monsters. He still didn’t know what Hedge was talking about, but the words gave him a massive brain freeze—like his mind was trying to access information that should’ve been there but wasn’t. He stumbled, and Coach Hedge caught him. For a short guy, the coach had hands like steel. “Whoa, there, cupcake. You say you got no memories, huh? Fine. I’ll just have to watch you, too, until the team gets here. We’ll let the director figure things out.”
“See? Not us,” Dakota said softly, while the rest of the senate was wide eyed. “We don’t have a director.”
“What director?” Jason said. “What camp?”
“That’s exactly what we wanna know, Jasey-boy.”
“Please, don’t call him that.”
“Or what?”
“Or-”
“Or he’ll cut me, I know.”
The Lar grinned.
“Just sit tight. Reinforcements should be here soon. Hopefully nothing happens before—”
“The Coach jinxed it, didn’t he?”
Lightning crackled overhead. The wind picked up with a vengeance. Worksheets flew into the Grand Canyon, and the entire bridge shuddered. Kids screamed, stumbling and grabbing the rails.
“Yep. He jinxed it.”
“I had to say something,”
“No, you didn’t, you dirty great jinxer.”
Hedge grumbled. He bellowed into his megaphone: “Everyone inside! The cow says moo! Off the skywalk!”
Dakota laughed to himself, even though the tension in the air was thick enough that he could have cut it with the Lar’s sword.
“I thought you said this thing was stable!” Jason shouted over the wind.
“Well, he was wrong. People can’t be right all the time.”
“Or ever, in the coach’s case.”
“Under normal circumstances,” Hedge agreed, “which these aren’t. Come on!”
“Yes, Jason! Run! Jump! Move! Off the skywalk!”
“That was the end of the chapter.”
“Well, then read the next one!”

Vor mehr als einem Jahr GOLDEN1GIRL said…
That's a really good story- post! :)
Vor mehr als einem Jahr annabeth523j said…
laugh
that was a great chappy!!!! sooo funny! I am sorry it took me so long to find this and read/post, but that wasgreat plz post again soon! :)
The Next Chap will be up in exactly 8 days! Maybe less, if I am in a good mood and get a lot of comments!
big smile
Oooooooo!!!!!!! yes I will post a lot for you now!
big smile
Oh and I am sorry for not noticing for three days, but I was busy.
big smile
Also you can call me annabeth523 that is fine
yay, . . . I probably won't even notice the difference . . .
big smile
so anyways post soon!!!!!
only got five posts :(
make that six.
anyways . .
big smile
P
big smile
O
big smile
S
big smile
T
big smile
!
big smile
big smile
S
big smile
O
big smile
O
big smile
N
big smile
!
big smile
!
big smile
!
big smile
!
big smile
!
big smile
!
big smile
yes I posted 25 times! now you have to post a chappy!!! :)
Posting in 2 days!
big smile
yes!!!!

I did it!!!! I got you to post!
when are you posting?
plz post soon!
worried
plz don't leave me here alone!!!!!!!!!!!!
crying
NNNNOOOOO!!!! Don't let this forum die *sobs* Don't leave me here all alone!
sick
Oh, crud i suck. I forgot to post....I've just been soooooooooooooo mucho busy with the story I'm writing over on the Fanfic. It's called Shattered Eternity, it's the first in a series of five, the series is called The Shades of Olympus, and it is a percy jackson fanfic. head on over, check it out.