Helden des Olymp The First Shot

kgirl925 posted on Sep 18, 2011 at 02:36AM
Sam, a son of Hephaestus recounts what had actually happened during the American Civil War as he struggles to find the true reason for the Romans to declare war on the Greeks.

Characters: (OC)
Sam Harvey, son of Hephaestus
Leo Kahn, son of Hephaestus
Max Daniels, daughter of Poseidon
Cameron Johnson, son of Zeus
and many more...

Rated: C

A/N: It seems like many people think this Leo is the Leo in the Lost Hero. This is not the case, I mean, this is before the Gods sweared on the River Styx!! So do not be confused, this is a completely different Leo.

Hope you enjoy it. (it may seem confusing at first, but it'll get better as I post more)
last edited on Sep 18, 2011 at 05:04AM

Helden des Olymp 33 Antworten

Click here to write a response...
Vor mehr als einem Jahr kgirl925 said…
Sam

It was all going well at the Greek Camp; Max had successfully completed her quest and my relationship with her was moving. I still recall those dark times ever since that day, when Chiron suddenly told us we were going into war against the Romans. I was one of the only ones surviving, and the only one who knew what had happened. I hope that my records of that war will inform you, the reader, of the true events.

It was a few weeks before what the mortals called the American Civil War happened. Me and Max were walking along the beach, she was enjoying the water and talking to the creatures in the sea… The conch horn blew, the signal for meals or getting back to training. This time, though, we knew something was up. It was an hour early than it was supposed to go. None the less, we both still ran towards the Main House where we usually met.
By the time we got there, the rest of the campers were already there, behind their cabin leader. I ran towards Leo, the cabin leader of the Hephaestus cabin.
‘Get in line quickly, Sam.’ He said urgently.
‘What’s wrong?’ I asked. Leo was an outgoing guy, very cheerful and a nice guy to be around. He was never like this, even if something went really wrong he’d put up the biggest smile and tell us it was okay. Right at that moment, Chiron made an announcement.
‘Campers. I am afraid that I have some terrible news that will shock demigod future for eternity.’
‘What is it?’ Cameron, leader of the Zeus cabin and a big figure in the camp asked.
‘We will have to prepare for war against the Romans.’
Vor mehr als einem Jahr nicecatch42 said…
That was awesome!
I love these new forums everyone is coming up with!
Awesome!
Just one question..........is this the first Demigod War, or the second?
the american civil war, so the last one between the greeks and romans
ok...........so why is Leo the counsellor...
or is another leo?
Post soon!
Vor mehr als einem Jahr puggyluv17 said…
Cool
Vor mehr als einem Jahr percy359 said…
hmmm
confusing
^ this happens before the gods swear on the river styx.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr anaklusmus16 said…
Nice, awesome but I agree with Percy359
is this the annoying Leo or another one
well, you will see! this happens eons before the lost hero, so what do you think? maybe i should add last names...it seems like no one gets it D:
‘What do you mean, prepare for war?’ Max asked.
‘The Romans have declared war on us, so we must get ready.’ Chiron said, his face grim.
Leo’s face hardened. ‘We’ll make weapons, Chiron. We’ll make a secret hideout, one that only gifted children of Hephaestus can find.’
The Hephaestus cabin had a few kids who could actually like…it’s sorta hard to explain, it’s like their hands can suddenly burst into fire, you know? Chiron called them fire users, and unfortunately, I was one of them. There were two others like me, and Leo constantly depended on us three to make weapons, face fire (well, we were fire resistant) and things like that…
‘That sounds awesome. Can we come in?’ Cameron asked, grinning.
‘This is no time for jokes, Cameron. I’m deadly serious, the Romans are preparing for war against us.’
‘But why?’ Isabelle asked, daughter of Aphrodite.
‘The reason will have to wait until later. For now, I would like you all to just prepare for war, make sure everyone has enough armor and of course, enough weapons.’
‘Are the Hunters going to help?’ Beth asked. Beth was one weird and feared demigod, she was the daughter of Hades and she had interesting powers (like making skeleton soldiers appear out of nowhere, sucking one’s soul, stuff like that) so that resulted her in hardly talking. The fact that she actually spoke made me realize this was a big deal. Her cabinmates nodded in agreement.
‘I will contact Lady Artemis and see. There will no need to follow the normal daily routines, for now just train as hard as you can and make sure you have all your equipment ready.’
‘Yes, Chiron.’ We all chorused, and everyone left with a hustle. Max stayed behind, her face turning white.
‘What’s wrong, Max?’
‘It’s…nothing. I’m just worried, you know? I mean, this sounds pretty intense. War against the Romans…’ she shivered. ‘You better get going, Sam. This secret Hephaestus hideout sounds pretty cool. And you’re going to be one of the only three able to open it!’
I shrugged. ‘I guess. See you around then, Max.’

*note that all chapters will be in Sam's POV
so, I know that the beginning was sorta confusing, so tell me if it is still confusing !! thanks (read the description, I added more explanations)
Vor mehr als einem Jahr anaklusmus16 said…
cool
No it's not any more it's awesome
this is beth:
 this is beth:
this is max:
just imagine her eyes are green
 this is max: just imagine her eyes are green
I ran towards the Hephaestus cabin, seeing the scared faces of other campers around me...
'Sam. Get in, quickly.' Leo said, as bashed the door shut.
'We're going to make a secret hideout in the forest. We told the bronze dragon where it is-'
'What? Why'd you tell him?' Fraiser exclaimed. He was another fire user, like me.
'I know something will happen. When we all die, the dragon remains. I just have this feeling. You have to trust me. The dragon's knowledge of the hideout will save Olympus someday. Now, here's what we're going to do. Chiron said that the Romans are going to come to our camp, and charge in. I've already designed the hideout, it's going to have a gigantic rock as the door, but it can only be opened by a fire user.'
'So now we have this secret hideout, what are we going to do with it? I mean, if we stay in there, we can't fight.' I said, worried. I wasn't going to leave Max alone to fight. Never.
'We're going to take turns to fight, while the others stay and make inventions.'
'Why? We need weapons, not inventions.'
'Trust me on this one. The flying ship you saw in your dreams, Sam, make a blueprint of it. Our role in this war is not to fight. It is to preserve our knowledge. The hideout is already made. Let's move.'

****two positive comments before the next part please
last edited Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Cool loved it
POST POST POST!
AWESOME!
We travelled through the forest, to a place where campers didn’t usually go.
‘This spot will be our home for a while.’ Leo announced, and the dragon nodded? moaned? in agreement.
‘We have to fight, Leo! We can’t just leave the other campers alone! I need answers, like why this is happening! This is impossible!’ I said, not being able to hold myself. ‘It’s not fair for the others! Look, I have to go, I have to find out why.’
‘Sam. Listen to me. We need you here. That blueprint has to be done.’
‘Why are you so keen on this anyway? I told you, it was just a stupid childhood dream of a flying ship and a mast head just like that dragon.’ I said, annoyed. By now all the Hephaestus campers were staring at our little argument.
‘Look- I can’t explain it, I just know it has to be done. I’ll tell you later. The thing is that now, we have to move all our stuff and make this our new home.’
I couldn’t accept it. We were going to be left out of this war. It wasn’t fair to the others.
‘C’mon, Sam. Just listen to what Leo says, there’s a good reason for it.’ Fraiser said.
‘Now let’s get going. Sam, I want a word with you.’
Everyone gave me strange stares, but they all left and obeyed what Leo told them.
‘Look, I know it’s hard Sam. But I got a prophecy for all of us.’
‘A prophecy? What is it? Tell me!’
‘I can’t. When the time is right, I will. I’ll tell you a bit of it, though. It said that you would play a big role in this war even though you’re not a child of the big three. And, that you’d somehow save Olympus in the future.’
‘What? That doesn’t make sense. Of course I’m not going to play a big role, I just want to know what’s going on around here!’
‘Hey Sam, listen to me. If you get that blueprint done fast, I’ll go out and fight. I’ll fight so that you won’t think it’s unfair to the others.’
I was silent for a while. Leo hated fighting, the last thing he wanted to do was to argue, better yet than fight. Something was up. I had to trust him.
‘Deal?’
‘Deal.’
‘That’s good. Now let’s follow the others. Tell them I’ve gone to fight, but don’t tell them the reason why. Don’t let anyone know about our deal. Promise me.’
‘Why?’
‘Sam, for the last time, you have to trust me! Swear on the River Styx.’
‘Swear on the River Styx.’ I muttered.

**keep reading keep posting
Nice!
Awesome!
Spectacuar!
Not your original forum!!!!!!!!!!!!
Two things:
Post on your forum and comment on mine!
Thanks!
I did! :0 better go check now! ;)
Thanks..............
NOW....................
POST ON YOUR ORIGINAL FORUM!!!!!!!plz
longer chapter ^^

‘Hey, where’s Leo?’ Fraiser asked.
‘He’s gone to fight.’
The campers all gasped. ‘Why?’
‘I’m not sure, he told me to tell you guys.’ I said, guilty.
‘Well, there’s definitely no time to waste now. Fraiser, carry that! Sam can open the door.’ Tiffany said.
My stomach felt heavy as if I’d done something really, really wrong. I couldn’t figure out what it was, I mean trying to find out what the truth is is a natural feeling, right?
‘Sam, what are you doing standing there? Open the door!’
‘Oh. Oh, right.’
The Hephaestus cabin moved everything from the workshop into here, and everybody started chatting about the war: I wonder what’s up with Leo, has he gone mad? Going out there to fight, I bet the Zeus cabin isn’t even ready yet..
I didn’t join in. The first thing I did was made a blueprint of the ship. Like Leo told me to do. It seemed like hours just sitting there, trying to recall that dream and the exact measurements of the ship. Finally, it seemed like it was done and I didn’t even notice m cabinmates were huddled around me looking at the blueprint.
‘What should I write on it?’ I murmured to myself. I decided on Prophecy – Unclear – Flight? It seemed like a good enough description for whoever was going to find it, after all I didn’t want to be part of a big role in saving Olympus. It’s not meant for a child of Hephaestus, it’s meant for people like Max, Beth and Cameron.
Suddenly there was a loud banging on the door, everyone was silent and scrambled away.
‘Let-me-in! Romans-are-here-Leo-injured-‘
‘Let Cameron in!’ Fraiser ordered, and we opened the stone wall.
‘We’re too late. The Romans are already here.’ He panted.
‘What did Leo say? Half of us fight, the other half stay in the hideout and make inventions.’ Tiffany pondered.
‘I have to go see him.’ I croaked.
‘Go, quickly then! He’s in the infirmary, the Romans will be here soon.’
I ran as fast as I could towards the infirmary, I could here Max screaming my name but nothing mattered other than Leo right now…
I banged the infirmary door open.
‘Leo..Dad…’ I gasped.
‘Sam, I see you’re paying us a visit.’
I nodded, panting.
‘Leo…. You knew, didn’t you? You knew.’ Hephaestus said, his deep voice croaky as if he was crying.
Leo nodded weakly. ‘Sam…ship…blueprint….useful…’
‘I know.. I know…’ Hephaestus cried, and gave Leo a blessing. ‘I’ll name a future hero of Olympus after you, Leo. You knew…’
‘Sam-come…I need to tell you something..’
‘Get ambrosia and nectar! Quick!’ I shouted, but Hephaestus put his hand on my shoulder and shook his head.
‘Leo was the first to be wounded against the Romans. He knows what will come. Sam, I will leave you two alone to talk. There is not much time left for Leo. You must listen to every word he says.’ Hephaestus said, and with that he left.
‘Sam..look…. you have to find out the truth behind this attack….it will lead you to become the greatest hero in this war….you made the blueprint already…yes?’
I shook my head. ‘I’m not a hero, Leo. You are. I’m going to get some nectar and I’ll be right back.’
He clutched my Camp Half-Blood shirt. ‘It’s too late…remember what I told you…keep that blueprint safe….find out the truth about the battle…..please….’
‘Wait! What about the prophecy? The prophecy!’
‘I….A child of…..fire…….shall find the truth…..up the…road…admire……search like a sleuth…..’
‘NO! You can’t leave me here! LEO!’
‘I love….everybody….cabin….say…..goodbye for……me…..’
‘Leo! NO!’

-.-.-.-
so, do you see why now? (hint hint)
crying
omg he died is that the first leo? that was really good
Vor mehr als einem Jahr MisterPerfect1 said…
mischievous
Max is hot. Especially her eyes. I can just imagine them being green. Dang, that Max is hot.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr MisterPerfect1 said…
Less dialogue, more action.
^^^
Yes, that is the first Leo. Hephaestus honored him by naming another future hero after him.
Misterperfect: thanks for the tip. But there isn't much action right now. I think there will be more in two or three more parts so I will take your advice then
A/N: I know these are short but they aren't really chapters. It's just a long narrative and I'm posting it in parts. (so i can post more often) here's the next bit:

His last words. The prophecy…it was about me. He knew, Hephaestus knew. Everyone except for me.
Why Leo? Why did he have to be the first casualty?
It was you that killed him, a little voice in my head said. Because you didn’t listen to him, you were too crazy about your own ideas and fantasy. You killed him. It is all your fault. Don’t deny it, Sam. Tell the others the truth.
‘I can’t.’ I said angrily. ‘They’ll hate me, then I’ll have nowhere to go. I won’t be accepted by the Greeks or Romans.’
Chiron will know. He’ll find out. You can’t hide anything from a guy who’s been training demigods before your great-great-great-great-great-great-great-­gre­at-­gre­at-­gre­at-
‘I get it, stupid me!’
grandmother was born. You have to decide what you’re going to do now, Sam. You can’t change the prophecy. The future is set in stone. You can control it, but not change your Fate.
‘I have to find out the truth.’ I said, frustrated. ‘I can’t stand without knowing.’
I still remember that week clearly. Do you understand everything so far, reader? My grammar wasn’t very good then. I hope that the next few events will lead you to understand how I felt and how the war was like.Sam

I really hope that more people comment. I would like 3 comments from different people before the next part. Thanks
cool:)
POST POST POST
and, while your at it, comment on my fanfic
:D
and post on your original forum!
Since I have so many forums to manage, I will no longer post on this one mainly because it seems like no one likes it. Just letting you know
no, it was cool!
but post on your original!
Vor mehr als einem Jahr thunderwolf233 said…
mischievous
post~!!!
Ok u kinda finished the story anyway it won't leave us hangin:)