The Black Donnellys 30 Tag TBD Challenge

DarkSarcasm posted on Sep 02, 2011 at 01:23AM
I've tried to stagger the questions a bit so you don't really have to think too hard two days in a row. ;) Plus, it keeps it from being too repetitive.

I'm sure you all know the drill by now, but a reminder just in case: You don't have to post every day, take it at your own pace, feel free to post pictures & stuff. Enjoy!

Day 1 - Favorite Donnelly brother
Day 2 - How did you discover TBD?
Day 3 - Favorite non-Donnelly male character
Day 4 - If Joey wasn't the narrator, which character would you like to hear the story from?
Day 5 - Favorite female character
Day 6 - All four Donnelly brothers are involved in a serious brawl that only one can walk away from. Which brother would you bet on?
Day 7 - Favorite villain
Day 8 - If you could visit one TBD location, what would it be?
Day 9 - Favorite couple
Day 10 - Saddest scene
Day 11 - Least favorite male character
Day 12 - Funniest scene
Day 13 - Least favorite female character
Day 14 - Scene that pissed you off
Day 15 - Favorite episode
Day 16 - Favorite duo
Day 17 - Least favorite episode
Day 18 - What do you think about Jimmy's "flame cracker" sign?
Day 19 - Favorite TBD actor
Day 20 - Ever seen two actors reunite in a movie or show after TBD?
Day 21 - Favorite TBD actress
Day 22 - Do you think Nadine could've been the one to cure Sean of his man-whoring?
Day 23 - Favorite parent
Day 24 - Favorite TV show with an ex-TBD actor
Day 25 - Favorite scene
Day 26 - Favorite movie with an ex-TBD actor
Day 27 - Favorite quote
Day 28 - If it was possible, would you want another season?
Day 29 - Why did you like TBD?
Day 30 - What do you think happened after the finale?
last edited on Sep 02, 2011 at 04:11AM
save

The Black Donnellys 73 Antworten

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 73

Vor mehr als einem Jahr misanthrope86 said…
Day One: Favourite Donnelly Brother

Jimmy Donnelly
 [b]Day One: Favourite Donnelly Brother[/b] Jimmy Donnelly
Vor mehr als einem Jahr thirteen_times said…
Day One: Favourite Donnelly Brother

Kevin Donnelly
Vor mehr als einem Jahr DarkSarcasm said…
^I knew I could count on you two to show up. You guys are awesome. =D

Day 1 - Favorite Donnelly brother

Finishing up another rewatchathon... and it's pretty safe to say I'm madly in love with this guy. I'm always surprised when I realize just how much I missed him when I haven't seen TBD in a while. =P
last edited Vor mehr als einem Jahr
 ^I knew I could count on Du two to Zeigen up. Du guys are awesome. =D [b]Day 1 - Favorit Donnelly
Day 2 - How did you discover TBD?

Saw an ad for it on NBC before it aired. They did a lot of advertising for a show they pulled after 6 episodes. *shakes fist at* Ah, such fond memories of sitting at my computer, yelling at NBC for not having the web-only episodes available when they said they would... they were always an hour or so late. Slow-loading. I am impatient. =P
 [b]Day 2 - How did Du discover TBD?[/b] Saw an ad for it on NBC before it aired. They did a lot of
Day Two: How did you discover TBD?

Basically, I do anything DarkSarcasm does. Plus, it has Olivia Wilde in it, so it wasn't a hard sell. But seriously, DarkSarcasm informed me of its greatness and once it finally aired in NZ, I fell in love with it too.
^Really? I thought you were already a fan... guess you've got the brain today. *cough* I mean, yes, that's how it happened. And you're welcome. =P
Vor mehr als einem Jahr thirteen_times said…
Day Two: How did you discover TBD?

I looked up Olivia Wilde on wikipedia and saw she was in The black donnellys so I decided that I had to watch it.
Day 3 - Favorite non-Donnelly male character

Joey Ice Cream. I love that guy. =D
 [b]Day 3 - Favorit non-Donnelly male character[/b] Joey Ice Cream. I Liebe that guy. =D
Day Three: Favorite Non-Donnelly Male Character

Whitey. Totally has nothing to do with Kevin Corrigan's greatness.
Runner-up is Nicky, and that choice also has nothing to do with Kirk Acevedo's greatness... I'm an actor whore.
 [b]Day Three: Favorit Non-Donnelly Male Character[/b] Whitey. Totally has nothing to do with Kevin
Day 4 - If Joey wasn't the narrator, which character would you like to hear the story from?

My first thought was Vinnie, but then I don't suppose it would've really been The Black Donnellys... so I'm going with Jimmy. I feel like TBD kinda focuses on Tommy and the idea of trying to do good, so it'd be fun to hear it from Jimmy, who doesn't care about that sort of thing. He just wants to get shit done. Plus, I'm sure he'd have a great time providing background info on everyone. =P
 [b]Day 4 - If Joey wasn't the narrator, which character would Du like to hear the story from?[/b] M
Day Four: If Joey wasn't the narrator, which character would you like to hear the story from?

Methinks Nicky might offer an interesting perspective from the other side of things, but that might be the actor-whore talking... I was originally gonna say Mummy Donnelly, but she's too close to the action and it would probably become very biased (positively or negatively. LOL.) very quickly. So I think Nicky far enough removed to have a wide perspective, but close enough to it all to give a lot of insights.
surprise
Oh my god, double-twin post AGAIN!
^We need to learn how to control this amazing power and use it for evil. ;)
Day 5 - Favorite female character

Since I'm in a forum full of Wilde!stalkers, I'll go with Joanie. But I like Jenny too. =D
 [b]Day 5 - Favorit female character[/b] Since I'm in a Forum full of Wilde!stalkers, I'll go with J
Day Five: Favorite Female Character

Well, I was actually gonna go with Joanie for this one since a lot of my other answers were going to be Olivia Wilde related, but since I've been stereotyped, I just go with Jenny. But I swing back and forth between Jenny and Joanie.
 [b]Day Five: Favorit Female Character[/b] Well, I was actually gonna go with Joanie for this one si
Stereotyped? Are you saying that you're NOT Olivia's #1 fan? =P
Oh no, I am Olivia's #1 fan, but I was gonna try spread my love. Olivia knows she's my homegirl.

I'm not cool enough to know if I'm using "homegirl" correctly.
I'm not sure that word is meant to be used correctly... or if there even *is* a correct way to use it. =P
Day 6 - All four Donnelly brothers are involved in a serious brawl that only one can walk away from. Which brother would you bet on?

Gotta go with Jimmy. Not only would he be the only one to walk away, he'd be the only Donnelly brother that still had his thumbs. ;)
^ Oh, LOL, guess what my answer is...

Day Six: All four Donnelly brothers are involved in a serious brawl that only one can walk away from. Which brother would you bet on?

Jimmy, coz he is crazy. Actually probably Tommy coz he fights smart. But I guess crazy beats smart in a fight, so I'll stick with Jimmy.
big smile
Day Seven: Favorite Villain

We could have a very interesting philosophical debate about who constitutes a "villians", so, with that wiggle room, I choose Nicky.
 [b]Day Seven: Favorit Villain[/b] We could have a very interesting philosophical Debatte about who
Day 7 - Favorite villain

Nicky! I'd hit it. *withholds 'wiggle room' comment* ;)
 [b]Day 7 - Favorit villain[/b] Nicky! I'd hit it. *withholds 'wiggle room' comment* ;)
surprise
But we almost used the same picture...
^Glad we didn't, I would've been too lazy to go back & make a new one and the forum would've been all déjà vu-ish. =P

Day 8 - If you could visit one TBD location, what would it be?

Flame + Cracker = ♥
 ^Glad we didn't, I would've been too lazy to go back & make a new one and the Forum would've been all
laugh
Day Eight: If you could visit one TBD location, what would it be?

Since my answer is the same as DarkSarcasm's AGAIN, and I don't have a different picture to use, I refer everyone to the above answer.
Day 9 - Favorite couple

Jimmy & Joanie. 'Cause junkies need love too.
 [b]Day 9 - Favorit couple[/b] Jimmy & Joanie. 'Cause junkies need Liebe too.
heart
^ Bastard!Twin stole my picture...

Day Nine: Favorite Couple

Jimmy & Joanie. I need these 2 to be together. Most other ships I don't care if they are actually together or not, but Jimmy and Joanie HAVE to be together.
 ^ Bastard!Twin stahl, stola my picture... [b]Day Nine: Favorit Couple[/b] Jimmy & Joanie. I need these 2
*Bastard!Twin points & laughs in your general direction*

*and she also spent the last hour trying to guess what you'd pick for the next few days & finding other images to use so we won't keep having this kinda-hilarious problem. she guesses that it'll keep happening anyway.*

And yes. Jimmy/Joanie is necessary. =D
Day 10 - Saddest scene

I don't think I'd ever actually seen someone's heart break... until the camera landed on Tucker in this scene at the end of 'The World Will Break Your Heart'. Makes me feel completely horrible every time. Damn you, Reilly. =(
 [b]Day 10 - Saddest scene[/b] I don't think I'd ever actually seen someone's herz break... until th
Day Ten: Saddest Scene

Obviously, the last scene of the series is sad, but more of an angry-sad. The saddest scenes for me were the scenes with Jenny's dad. He was so lost, mentally, and Jenny just had no idea what to do about it.
 [b]Day Ten: Saddest Scene[/b] Obviously, the last scene of the series is sad, but Mehr of an angry-s
Day Eleven: Least Favorite Male Character

I very much wish that Dokey would just STFU. No picture for Dokey.
Day 11 - Least favorite male character

Munst ruined 'All Of Us Are In the Gutter' for me. I'm sure he had a purpose, but I'm content with just hating him and not thinking further into it at the moment. Samson also sucks. A lot.
 [b]Day 11 - Least Favorit male character[/b] Munst ruined 'All Of Us Are In the Gutter' for me. I'
Day Twelve: Funniest Scene

Argh, I haven't rewatched yet and I can't remember a funny scene off the top of my head... I'll have to skip this and come back.
DarkSarcasm commented…
Du have now been putting this off for NINE YEARS Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Day 12 - Funniest scene

There are lots of funny parts in TBD... but two come to mind. Kevin's suggestions about the body in 'A Stone of the Heart' and the door stealing in 'In Each One a Savior.'

"Umm... How about a tub full of acid?"
"Kevin, stop making suggestions, you're really freaking me out."
 [b]Day 12 - Funniest scene[/b] There are lots of funny parts in TBD... but two come to mind. Kevin'
Day 13 - Least favorite female character

Kim. Just shut up & go away, stalker.

"What kind of people are you?"
"The kind that have no tolerance for skanks."
 [b]Day 13 - Least Favorit female character[/b] Kim. Just shut up & go away, stalker. [i]"What kin
Day Thirteen: Least Favorite Female Character

I agree with my twin again! I liked all the other ladies except for smelly Kim.
^Knew I shoulda used Kate. =P

Day 14 - Scene that pissed you off

This scene just makes my blood boil.
 ^Knew I shoulda used Kate. =P [b]Day 14 - Scene that pissed Du off[/b] This scene just makes my bl
Day Fourteen: Scene That Pissed You Off

Yeah, pretty much any scene with Douche-Of-The-Century Samson. He just needed to GTFO. I actually have no idea why I didn't pick him for my least favourite male character day, considering I would quite happily stab him in the face repeatedly.
Day 15 - Favorite episode

The Pilot. It's currently tied with the Freaks and Geeks pilot for my favorite episode of any TV show, ever.
 [b]Day 15 - Favorit episode[/b] The Pilot. It's currently tied with the Freaks and Geeks pilot for
^ LOLz, now we are opposite twins because...

Day Fifteen: Favorite Episode

'Easy Is The Way' is pretty fucking epic. Plus, its also one of my favourite titlely-quotey thingys.
 ^ LOLz, now we are opposite twins because... [b]Day Fifteen: Favorit Episode[/b] 'Easy Is The Way'
Day 16 - Favorite duo

I love Nicky & Vinnie. =D
 [b]Day 16 - Favorit duo[/b] I Liebe Nicky & Vinnie. =D
Day Sixteen: Favorite Duo

I guess I'm not supposed to use Jimmy & Joanie again... They're a duo... Ok, ok, I'll go with Jimmy & Tommy.
 [b]Day Sixteen: Favorit Duo[/b] I guess I'm not supposed to use Jimmy & Joanie again... They're a d
Day 17 - Least favorite episode

'All Of Us Are In the Gutter' - that fucking Munst guy. I like a lot of stuff about this episode (Nicky & Vinnie fucking with Jimmy, Kevin & Jenny bonding, the lack of Mr. Reilly...) but I just hate everything there is to hate about Munst. Man, am I glad he was only in one episode.
Day Seventeen: Least Favorite Episode

The thing with a short series is that you learn to appreciate every episode... I guess 'The Only Sure Thing' doesn't do too much for me, comparatively.
Day 18 - What do you think about Jimmy's "flame cracker" sign?

Not bad for a druggie creation. ;) I love it. I really want to make one of these for my room... damn my lack of wall space. =P
 [b]Day 18 - What do Du think about Jimmy's "flame cracker" sign?[/b] Not bad for a druggie creation
Day Eighteen: What do you think about Jimmy's "flame cracker" sign?

LOL. The best ideas are simple, yet elegant.
Day Nineteen: Favorite TBD Actor

Ok, so we all know my answer to day 21 is pretty clear-cut, but this one a bit of a tough one because I love both Tom Guiry and Kirk Acevedo. I guess I love Tom more in TBD, whereas I like Kirk in it but love him more in other things... So I'll say Tom Guiry.
 [b]Day Nineteen: Favorit TBD Actor[/b] Ok, so we all know my answer to Tag 21 is pretty clear-cut,
^I was so sure you were gonna go with Acevedo, I saved a Guiry picture for this day. Twin!fail. =P

Day 19 - Favorite TBD actor

I like most of 'em, but I guess I've seen the most of Corrigan & Guiry, who are both made of awesome. I need to seek out more stuff with Kirk Acevedo & Billy Lush.
 ^I was so sure Du were gonna go with Acevedo, I saved a Guiry picture for this day. Twin!fail. =P
Day Twenty: Ever seen two actors reunite in a movie or show after TBD?

Well, Kirk Acevedo, Kevin Corrigan and Keith Nobbs have all been in 'Fringe' but not necessarily all at the same time... And I have it on good authority that both Olivia Wilde and Jonathan Tucker in the movie 'The Next Three Days', which I intend seeing at some point.
Day 20 - Ever seen two actors reunite in a movie or show after TBD?

I had to keep a cheat sheet while I watched S1 of Fringe, there were so many familiar faces...

Actor - TBD / Fringe
Kirk Acevedo - Nicky Cottero / Charlie Francis
Keith Nobbs - Joey Ice Cream / Carl Bussler
Brian Tarantina - Vinnie Culiari / "Nice Guy" <--He was only there for a few seconds & didn't share a scene with Kirk, but I fangirled like a mofo anyway. =P
Kevin Corrigan - Whitey / Sam Weiss
Chris Bauer - Huey Farrell / Brian Dempsey
Vince Cupone - douchebag in Kevin's cab / Evan McNeil
Chance Kelly - Johnny Mac (union guy) / Mitch Loeb
David Pittu - Happy Harrison (don't really remember him atm, but he must've looked familiar) / Rob Swift

(Did I leave anybody out, Missy?)

Kevin Corrigan & James Badge Dale were in The Departed.
Tom Guiry, Michael Stahl-David & Mark Margolis (Sal) were in Kings.
JBD and Keith Nobbs were in The Pacific.
Tom Guiry & Michael Rispoli (Alo) were in Black Irish.
Kevin Conway (Mr Reilly) and Kirk Acevedo were in Oz.

Of those, I've only seen The Departed and about half of Black Irish, but I've got Oz & The Pacific on the watch list. Those are just from a quick IMDB-stalking session for this post. >.>