Tattoos White Tattoos?

frubalee posted on Apr 26, 2008 at 06:01AM
so, a lot of places don't offer to do them saying they are never well executed, others claim they CAN be done but only by "skilled" tattoo artists (anyone know how to ask a tattoo artist how talented and expert they are?) and still more say that they can be done well but never last. the rare (and optimistic?) say they can be done well & last but, i am just at a loss

i really, REALLY, like white tattoos. does anyone know the truth beneath them and, if they know where one CAN be done well, that'd be appreciated.

Tattoos 5 Antworten

Click here to write a response...
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Snerkie said…
Do you mean a fully white tattoo??

As for them not lasting, i think it has something to do with the chemicals to mix white + the skin. I'm not 100% sure about it though, since white is usually just used to highlight things.

As for finding a tattoo artist, ask, check their portfolios, etc. Ask the tattoo artists if they know anyone that does as the community is pretty tight knit.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr frubalee said…
i do mean a gully white tattoo- but not with the ink they use to highlight/mix with the other colors, from some of the other research i have done there is supposedly a white ink that has to be purchased individually from the typical white ink because, as you said, white ink isn't usually meant to stand alone but to highlight and blend with other colors (i am wishing i remembered the name now but can't find it...)

i was pretty much just asking if anyone knew what's what with them because i can't figure out what research to trust and most of the forums i have found on the matter are out of date by at least a year...
Vor mehr als einem Jahr frubalee said…
ha- a gully white tattoo.

that's a FULLY white tattoo... typos, sorry all
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Snerkie said…
Well...link is a bit of insight about the white ink, i think the last paragraph sums up why not many tattoo artists will do it. (my advice, always check BMEZine for any tattoo/body mod stuff)
last edited Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Dark-Blood said…
rear to fine them and rearer to have someone do them but they r wicked cool