Tales from the Crypt Tales From the Crypt watching party

jlhfan624 posted on Aug 03, 2009 at 11:11PM
So I figured I'd start this forum for people to get together and watch episodes of Tales From the Crypt seasons 1-7 & maybe possibly the movies! I wanted to do this first off and mostly because this is in my top 5 favorite shows of all-time and I LOVE every single episode just about. It's no fun having virtually nobody to talk to about the show. I just hope after watching it, everyone is just as big a fan as I am!

I figure we can do 2 episodes a week (if that's not do-able, we can work something else out) and eventually get the whole series done soon!

Basically I will post the synopsis of both episodes of the week in the forum and provide you with links to the full episode if you have no other way of watching them and you can watch them whenever within the week and come back here to talk about them!

Let's get started!
 So I figured I'd start this Forum for people to get together and watch episodes of Tales From the Cry
last edited on Aug 09, 2009 at 06:32PM

Tales from the Crypt 115 Antworten

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 115

Vor mehr als einem Jahr jlhfan624 said…
Week 1 August 2-8

Season 1, Episode 1 - The Man Who Was Death
"An executioner takes the law into his own hands when he's found jobless after the death penalty is abolished in his state."
link

Season 1, Episode 2 - And All Through the House
"After killing her husband on Christmas eve, an adulterous woman is attacked by an escaped ax-wielding maniac in a santa suit looking for someone naughty or nice."
link

Season 1, Episode 3 - Dig That Cat...He's Real Gone
"A cat's gland is inplanted into the brain of a homeless man giving him nine lives but he gets a little greedy when he uses his new found gift for profit by becoming a top carnival act."
link

Season 1, Episode 4 - Only Sin Deep
"A drop-dead gorgeous prostitute eager for a career change, sells her looks to a pawnbroker and uses the money to snag a rich bachelor, but finds out that her looks seem to be deteriorating at an abnormal rate."
link

Season 1, Episode 5 - Lover Come Hack to Me
"When a couple find themselves stranded in an abandoned mansion on their wedding night, a gold-digging husband gets more than he bargained for when he finds out the true meaning of the phrase, 'Like Mother, Like Daughter'."
link

Season 1, Episode 6 - Collection Completed
"A recently retired man just wants to relax and take it easy but to his dismay, his wife has open their home to every stray animal in sight, so he decides to take up a new hobby."
link
last edited Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Vor mehr als einem Jahr becca85 said…
YAY!! I will check these out when I get home from work this evening!!
big smile
I also forgot to add that these episodes are only like 20-30 minutes total. The only episode I have re-watched so far that is longer than that is the season 3 finale which is about 40 minutes I think. So yeah, Megavideo shouldn't cut you off :)
Vor mehr als einem Jahr ineedcoffee said…
smile
going to watch them right after supper thanks for the links :)
Do you subscribe to MegaVideo?
laugh
Me? No, I didn't even know you could! lol
I think you can and then you can watch stuff without it getting terminated after, hmmm, what was it? An hour and twenty-seven minutes? It was some crazy number. You could only watch a certain time length of videos off of there. If this is the site you used for the Dead Alive movie...
smile
Alright, I'm off to watch the first one. We'll see if I can get to the second one today or not.
big smile
YAY! :D Come back after so we can talk! I have so much to say especially about the 2nd :D
smile
its easy to get them both in becca they are well under the 72 min time restriction unless you already watched some megavideo today,

but here is the thing with megavideo you can go back after an hour and watch another 72 mins I think they put there for children so they didn't have eye strain or some silly rule like that...lol
HAHA!! The cryptkeeper is hilarious!! And I liked Talbot's hat.

That was a pretty interesting episode. I recognized Sadler instantly but the credit "Bill Sadler" threw me off for a moment. I remember him from when he was on Roswell a few years back (and a few other movies).
surprise
I just looked up Sadler's filmography on IMDB and was shocked to discover that he played the Grim Reaper on Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey (not a great movie story-wise but still good for a couple laughs). I guess with the white body paint and shaved head, he didn't look anything like himself.
tongue
hah I recognized him from Roswell too! I loved that show! :D I didn't like the first episode at first honestly, when I first got my DVD's - it felt kinda boring but after seeing it a few more times it's definitely amazing! It's simple, has a hidden message, AND he talks to the camera which is rare! :D
big smile
That is rare. I thought he did a pretty good job in that episode.

I decided to go ahead and watch the second one and I am almost done. I am the part where the...

**SPOILERS**

...mom is locked in the closet and the little girl is leaning out the window urging "Santa" to hurry up to her. "Watch out, Santa. Don't slip!"

**SPOILER OVER**
I was surprised to notice that two (at least) of the crew members were also responsible for the making of The Polar Express. Two very different holidays stories!!

And, GOODNESS!! That woman can scream!!
laugh
haha IKR! And All Through the House is definitely my favorite of season 1, and probably in my top 10s ever! It's a really good episode, and I'm a big sucker for Christmas horror. IDK why, those two do not go hand-in-hand at all!
You are so right on that!!

That was one creepy Santa, too!! Heck, the cryptkeeper made one creepy Santa!!
I think it also had some funny lines in it too, great episodes you picked...:)
We're doing them in order, right? Do you guys want to finish all of Season 1? You only have 4 episodes left! And then next week can start with Season 2, 2 episodes?
wink
That works for me, but I won't be watching anymore tonight. It's almost bedtime for me. But I am anxious to watch more. They are getting to be addictive...

That was your plan all along, wasn't it, Heather?! To recruit fans to your TftC?! HAHAHA!! You have excellent taste in horror movies/television shows!!
smile
yea that sounds good too but I too have to head off to bed got to work tomorrow but as soon as I am done work I will check in to watch the rest of the season.
angry
So, I've been wondering. Would this still be a "re-watch" party (for me) if I've never seen the whole series from start to finish (only one or two episodes)?
No, I guess not. Maybe I should rename it to just 'watching' party! Links for the other season 1 episodes will be edited into my first comment! :D
YES!! I can't wait!!
worried
Wait a second!! That icon on my question comment up there was supposed to be the mischievous icon. I hope you didn't think I was mad at the title of the forum.
big smile
That's okay! I didn't REALLY think you were mad :) I changed it anyway though! haha
surprise
And when you guys are all done with season 1, answer the link pick! I'm going to be doing a ton of trivia questions eventually as well as there were NONE before I made some yesterday!
smile
sorry, I didn't get to them today had a terrible day at work and just logged in to the site an hour or so and totally forgot, I will watch tomorrow and answer the quiz too.
I might be able to get through one, but, while I didn't have a terrible day at work, it was a long day, and I am getting a little sleepy. Of course, if the third one is so intense, it wakes up my sleepy brain, I may watch the fourth one also. =)
sad
Oh that's ok, sorry you had a bad day at work! I have those often unfortunately!
Without going into specifics, what do you ladies do at your jobs?

Like, I am a receptionist in the service department of a car dealership.
I wish I could be a receptionist. It seems boring, much like myself! I want to work in an office! But I'm stuck in daycare.
Do you like kids?
zzz
women's clothing and they can be really nice, but at other times quite the opposite, I wish I worked with kids I love children and they seem to like me but I hate school and don't want to take my ECD been out of school way too long to go back...lol

well I have to open tomorrow yay me hope it's better day so i will say good night and sorry again about the viewing but I will come back tomorrow I promise in a better mood...:)
I used to work in clothing retail. It had its ups and downs, but I'm glad I've moved on.
Episodes 1-3 down, getting ready to watch episode 4 now.

Episode 3 was really weird, but I saw the ending to that coming a mile away. As much as I respect Joe Pantoliano, his acting was a little creepy in this episode. Hmmm...I wonder...does that mean TftC acheived it's goal?
angry
I like kids honestly, but I hate the way I'm always undermined by my boss whenever I tell them something. She lets some kids get away with things like smacking somebody, and then others get a stern "talking to" and are in trouble all day because she just likes the other kids. If I had a different boss, I wouldn't have any problems with where I work but my boss is the biggest POS that ever lived and she infuriates me more than anything else.
hmmm
Maybe you should open your own daycare service?
Nah. I'm pretty sure I don't wanna do that. I contemplated it, but no. You have to have a certain # of college credit hours depending on where you live I guess, and essentially I just want to be a housewife and move the hell out of here.
Where would you like to move, if given the choice of anywhere?
sad
Alaska! If money were no object either. It's dark/cold/wintery which is my dream home. But it's too expensive =(
surprise
Alaska is expensive?! That's news to me. I wouldn't have thought it was that pricey to live there.
Oh definitely. According to apartments.com, you don't get very many apartment listings for cheaper places anywhere in Alaska.
That's too bad. It must be because it's also a beautiful place to live. I've seen some pics of Alaska and it looks gorgeous out there.
My only problem would be animals. I really am kinda terrified of anything except cats so yeah, seeing them often would freak me out.

But indeed, SO PRETTY!
 My only problem would be animals. I really am kinda terrified of anything except Katzen so yeah, seeing
surprise
Heather?! Afraid of certain animals?! I never would have guessed. And, no, I'm not poking fun at you, but the way you always talk about horror movies and other stuff in general, I seriously thought you were pretty fearless. What kinds of animals do you not care for?
lol I'm a little baby when it comes to just about any animal. I don't like bugs, things that fly, frogs, rabbits, dogs (but they don't scare me as much as other animals), MICE ewwww...I'm just more scared if I randomly see one. I DNW!

I love elephants & horses though!
meh
They're precious in pictures though!! But in real life...NOOOO
I definitely have my list of animals I don't like as well. For as long as I can remember, I've been scared to death of scorpions, but, for some perverse reason, it sends thrilling chills up my spine whenever I go to a pet store and look at them in their glass cases. What's even weirder is that when I was in 6th grade, I did a report on scorpions for my natural science class. I suppose I was trying to overcome my fear by learning more about those creatures. Didn't work.
I remember this time I watched the movie The Arrival with my dad and I had nightmares for weeks afterwards because of the scorpion scene. It actually took me years before I was able to watch that movie again.

I also don't like sharks, any kind of creepy insect, reptiles, snakes, etc.
tongue
The husband from episode 5 totally reminds me of Judd Nelson!!