Sir Guy of Gisborne Is Guy really a "bad guy"? (No pun intended)

Maskedmaiden posted on Mar 09, 2010 at 02:08AM
Guy Gisborne is one of my favorite characters on Robin Hood because he's not your perfect man. Infact he's like an anti-hero. He has hero potential though. He shows compassion towards others (sometimes) and he has a soft spot for Marion. Even though he's kind of rough around the edges, I think that he might not be all the bad on the inside. He just needs to fight his inner demons and he's had a very troubled past, living alone. We're not all perfect and he's not either, but he's not a mean guy.

Sir Guy of Gisborne 2 Antworten

Click here to write a response...
Vor mehr als einem Jahr OceanCoast said…
Your absolutely right.

What it ultimately boils down to for Guy is acceptance. All he ever wanted was to be accepted, and loved by someone whether it be the sheriff (father figure) or Marian (soulmate) his dire need for this became the downfall of their love, because unlike Marian or the sheriff, Guy had NO ONE. The sheriff knew this and he exploited the hell out of it by dangling a false sense of 'fathers approval' to get Guy to do some unspeakably horrible things that he wanted, but rather not get his hands dirty with.

Guy never wanted to be the 'bad guy' at all. He was torn between his duty (as a human puppet) and doing what he really thought was right, all the while being manipulated and lied to from both sides. I think thats enough to make anyone have a mental meltdown.
last edited Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Vor mehr als einem Jahr q1w2e3r4t5y6 said…
heart
your so right

guy is not the bad guy, he was raised badly. he was always the one who got in trouble and robin would get the glory. of course he would grow up to hate him because he has lived through it and why stop now. then he met marian who he instantly fell in love with and he was so please that he had something robin didn't but he was so focused on how he had this possession that she completely moved on and found robin. and then it all ended with a sad and upsetting ending when he killed marian. how could she have done that i mean come on is so frickin sexy!!!!!!!!!!