Severus Snape Removing and Re-Posts Of Pics oder Writings

frostydragon posted on Feb 05, 2011 at 03:35AM
I have a request that I post in respect. There has been many pieces of art post by myself, with permission given by the artist. To my displeasure I have found said pieces of art lifted and placed on other sites. Not just within fanpop but the web.
I had these works placed in my care to be only displayed and shared with my friends here on this site of fanpop or other fan pop club in relationship to Severus Snape. I am a person of my word and hold to a promise as if it were an unbreakable vow. I have gone back to above mentioned artist and told them of this and asked them to forgive me for the breach of ethics. If permission to share any more of their art is not given again it will not be my fault.
To lift pics and art for ones own files and enjoyment is one thing but to move to other web site is immoral and unethical. Then you have like in my case, I gave my word as to where this work was to be displayed. This site and this site only. This takes another club members word of honor and blemishes it.
Please when art is displayed ask the one who posted this if you may display is else where or go to the artist. A piece of art, being it pic, paint, or writing or what ever the creative means, is a piece of that persons soul respect it. Plus respect the person given permission to share it with you.

This request I make in all respect to my fellow club members and all followers of Severus Snape clubs or any club or just one who enjoys art.

Thank You for Your Time and Your Consideration:

frostydragon aka Ronna

Severus Snape 16 Antworten

Click here to write a response...
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Severusalan said…
smile
i have saw that myself ,i respect you and wont to do that to you.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Severusalan said…
smile
yes i know it has happend to me as well.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr frostydragon said…
I hope this is taken as I intended it. I've got a very pissed off artist that trusted me with something and my word was given to be shared on this site and only this site was permission given.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr bri-marie said…
I've noticed this happening a lot too, and not just on this spot :/ I've also noticed people claiming that the work is theirs. I have to say, it makes me upset that this spot (which used to have hardly any problem) now has developed this huge problem.
Thank You bri-marie for the support. I noticed this problem has gotten worst since the start of the new year. If this issues continue this site will crash. Honest Severus Snape fans will leave. Whats bad is once they realize their are busted or that Others figure out who it is, they will drop off and come back under another name.
last edited Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Not a problem, really. I'm friends with a few artists who are opposed to putting their work online for this same reason. It wouldn't surprise me if artists that this happened to stopped posting their work as well. And, honestly? I wouldn't blame them.

I agree: honest fans aren't going to stay if this is how it's going to be.
Yeah, I'm like that with my writing and the few times I've created an image: I always post the work that wouldn't bother me if someone stole. Like fanfiction (I mean, it would bother me if someone stole my fanfiction, but not as much as an original story). I can only image that artists who draw are the same way.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr alanmalfoy said…
i agree i dont want my stuff lifted either. all thoe i dont mind any one useing icons , wallpaper or any thing like that.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr lilith84 said…
what really bothers me is that people do not credit even if they post somebody else's work. Smetimes it's hard to get to the owner of said artwork, but if that's the case, is's polite to credit the artist and reffer people to the website you took he art from (or if you have absolutely no idea who and where, at least mention it is not yours!). Crediting someone else's work as your own is theft, any way you look at it.

I am glad you started the topic, I have seen that happening too, even to my own, poor work and that made me watermark even my pictures on Facebook. Ugh!
that's what I mean, even if you find work through google, you can go to the original website, it only takes few seconds. People are just lazy.

Another thing is...sometimes the work (mostly wallpapers and fanart) are watermarked (I try to always watermark mine) and the authors 'autograph' is clearly visible and still people credit the work as theirs. That is just beyond rude.
Even an unknown artist pic that someone finds and shares here should be left alone. I've had credited and un-credited move from site to site and totally taken else where. No matter who posts it is for our site and enjoyment. Yours so correct ppl are lazy. It's lazy as heck for a member to come to our site and lift pics. If I find something I bring it here for us to enjoy. Blessing so much for the support.
I don't mind re-posting as much as I mind stealing. It's nice when your work is nice enough for others to want to show it somewhere else as long as it's credited properly. But sadly that is not the case. I have recently found my HG/SS wallpaper on a HG/SS blog posted not only without permission but without credit as well. It was simple, just blended two DH posters together, but it took time and THAT is what really saddens me, people don't appreciate the time taken to make the artwork.
I'm sorry that happened. Yes it does take alot of time and heart. It is the credit thing that gets me. Thats the one issue the credit. It never happens lie that. I mentioned under the pics I got permission to share with you guys. What else is there to say? Permission this site, my club members.
As I thought many of the regular club members have either left or changed their account with a new name. I pointed this out. No one needs to leave or hide under a new name. If you think a change in name makes a difference. I and many others know by answers alone without the name who the response came from. I have not and will not point fingers. Those who have caused this problem know who they are and the request to stop this theft was the topic of this forum. If anyone points fingers it will not be me. The solution to this problem is within each of us. Treat each other and art with respect. Thank you.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr alanmalfoy said…
i would also like to ask for my work or post not be lifted as they are water marked.please be kind and not lift other works i post . thank you all very much for your kindness.
That one of the biggest problems. They are placed on Google, Yahoo and AOL images where others just lift them and don't even take the time to check out credits or artist info.