Zufällige Rollenspiele HOTEL VALHALLA - Hall of Heroes [OPEN]

Hades_Shadow posted on Oct 17, 2016 at 06:16PM
HOTEL VALHALLA - Halls of Heroes

Welcome Mortal! Odin himself invites you to the Halls of Valhalla! Well, he would if he was here, hence why I am greeting you instead. Now if you are here, more than likely you are dead. We will consult our records to see if the Valkyrie have checked you in. Here is the afterlife for those who died with bravery and valor. This is a realm where the Einherjar, which is you, if you are dead that is, will practice combat and battle until the day of Ragnarok. Death is common here, and you will resurrect hours later in your room when you do. Now head to the front desk to talk with Helgi about your arrangement, and make sure you get a Minibar Key!
Hunding

KEY TERMS

Einherjar (Sin. Einherji) - Great heroes who have died with bravery on Earth; soldiers in Odin's eternal army; they train in Valhalla for Ragnarök, when the bravest of them will join Odin against Loki and the giants in the battle at the end of the world. Einherjar live in Hotel Valhalla, where they train on a daily basis for Ragnarök. They don't age after they have been brought to Valhalla and cannot be permanently killed when they are in Valhalla, but they are resurrected a few hours after they are killed.

Valkyrie - one of Odin's female hand maidens who choose slain heroes to bring to Valhalla and become Einherjar. While in Valhalla the Valkyries serve the einherjar at meals, and consider it a great honor to do so.

RULES

1. No Godmodding. Demigod abilities are alright, but remember to not be invincible/impossible to hit, control others characters without their permission, and the like.
2. You may kill any NPC in the hotel, and if given permission you can kill other players. Outside the hotel talk to me if you want to kill named NPCs
3. Keep swearing to a minimum, you will be warned if you are being excessive.
4. No Sexual Content, having a relationship is ok, just make sure we don't make it Rated R.
5. Post often and have fun!

CHARACTER FORM

Name:
Race: (Human, Demigod, Dwarf, Elf)
Current State: (Living, Valkyrie, Einherji)
Date of Death: (Einherjar only)
Floor number: (Einherjar only. 1-540, the older you are usually the higher floor you are)

Mother:
Description:
Father:
Description:

Appearance:
Standard Attire:
Weapons:
Armor:
Background: (Einherjar put cause of death here)
 HOTEL VALHALLA - Halls of Heroes Welcome Mortal! Odin himself invites Du to the Halls of Va
last edited on Oct 28, 2016 at 04:50AM

Zufällige Rollenspiele 155 Antworten

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 155

Vor mehr als einem Jahr grey_skies said…
Name: Ryan Bushnell

Race: Elf

Current State: Einherji

Date of Death: July 6

Floor Number: 47

Mother: Ella Bushnell
Description: very involved and was extremely attached to Ryan, as he was her only son

Father: Alexander Bushnell
Description: Died when Ryan was two, Ryan doesn't remember him and Ella never talks about him

Appearance: white, spiky hair, small-built, bright blue eyes

Standard Attire: black pants, white t-shirt, royal blue jacket. black tennis shoes

Weapons: machete

Armor: shield

Backstory: died when he and a friend were walking home at night. a robber came up to them and held Ryans friend at gunpoint. Ryan stood between his friend and the robber and refused to give the robber money. Ryan was then shot and the robber ran off

((I wasn't entirely sure what you were looking for specifically with weapons and armor so let me know if you wanted something different. Can't wait to see where this goes!!!))
last edited Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Hades_Shadow said…
(( That's great!! Machete is fine, Just Make sure a weapon was in his hand when he died. Also remember floor levels are by age of death, so 2 would probably be too young, you would want anything close to 20-76. Adding mine soon, probably will be on floor 59. ))
grey_skies commented…
(( oh LOL i had no clue what that meant so i chose a low number hoping that wouldn't screw up, woops)) Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Hades_Shadow commented…
(( it'll be fine! Just as long at Du are teenaged it should be just fine. )) Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Name: Herryk Asmund
Race: Human Demigod
Date of Death: July 4th, 1944
Floor number: 59

Mother: Iona Asmund
Description: Kind woman, fair, helped others, taught him respect for others.
Father: Odin
Description: the "All-Father", God of War, Wisdom, Death, Poetry, etc. etc.

Appearance: Blonde Hair, blue eyes, fair skin
Standard Attire: T-Shirts, Tucked into his jeans, combat boots, and his old OSS jacket.
Weapons: Bone Steel Sword, Knive, and Bayonet Revolver.
Armor: Leather Viking armor with Bone Steel studs. Bone steel chainmail underneath.
Background: Harald grew up in Boston, and learned to stand up to bullies early on, when WW2 came out he knew he was built like a soldier, but had a more keen mind for battle strategy. He joined the OSS, the CIA's Predecessor, and worked behind enemy lines getting Intel. On July 4th, 1944 he received Intel that a giant trap was about to be sprung against the US forces. Without having a way of relaying this information in enough time, he blew his cover to stop the advance. He killed a couple turret men before he was killed by German infantry. Luckily his death allowed American men to see the trap and avoid a massacre. He has now spent 72 years in Hotel Valhalla, practicing and maintaining his combat skills.
 Name: Herryk Asmund Age: 22 Gender: Male Race: Human Demigod Current State: Einherji datum of Dea
(( Herryk's Sword, just make the hilt gold metal and Dark brown wood & Leather, like the two below! ))
 (( Herryk's Sword, just make the hilt Gold metal and Dark brown wood & Leather, like the two below! )
(( Herryk's Knife ))
 (( Herryk's messer ))
(( Herryk's Bayonet Pistol ))
 (( Herryk's bajonett Pistol ))
(( I've got a lot of weapon photos if people need them ))
Name: Ulric Ranulf
Race: Human Demigod
Current State: Living

Mother: Belinda Ranulf
Description: factory worker, did everything for her son, died overworking.
Father: Loki, but does not currently know.
Description: God of Deception, Lies, and most importantly, Mischief

Appearance: Black hair, Emerald eyes, tanned skin.
Standard Attire: modern business suits. Black Trench coat
Weapons: switchblade
Armor: none currently
Background: growing up poor, his mother always taught him the value of money. She put him through a charter school in queens by working overtime at the factory. He graduated early, and had a partial scholarship to a business college,but his mother died before he could bring home his first paycheck. Broke and homeless at 16, a man named Leonard Pandareos hired him to be his "Personal Accountant" keeping his book on his funds and his "Loans"
 Name: Ulric Ranulf Age: 18 Gender: Male Race: Human Demigod Current State: Living Mother: Beli
(( could add one more. Then we can start ))
Name: Sindri Guivret
Race: Dwarf
Current State: Living

Mother: Aviel
Description: strong, stout, woman. Looks just like Sindri if he was clean shaven.
Father: Brokkr Jr
Description: Looked just like Sindri had he been less clean shaven.

Appearance: Dark skin, Brown eyes, stands about 5' 5". Deep black hair and beard.
Standard Attire: rock band t-shirt, heavy duty jeans, bonesteel toed boots, and a lot of chain belts.
Weapons: Mithrigg (bonesteel forging hammer) and Ifreh (Bonesteel chisel)
Armor: chainmail and leather overplating
Background: Accomplished Blacksmith, being taught by his father, and his father learned from his grandfather, being one of the dwarves that made Mjolnir. He was working as a soldier in WWII, and his life was saved by the sacrifice of Herryk. He searched for him in Valhalla, and in return made him Rynache (Sword) Fientyd (Dagger) and Vijs (Pistol Bayonet).
 Name: Sindri Guivret Age: 96 Gender: Male Race: Dwarf Current State: Living Mother: Aviel Des
Ulric walked the streets of Boston, his portable pigpen typewriter in his hand, his switchblade in his jacket, and headed to his "Boss"s pub. He knew he worked for a crime lord, but as long as he wasn't a fall man, he didn't care. it payed nice enough for him to keep doing his business
(( okay tbh i'm actually super confused on how to post for Ryan, what are you expecting as an opening since he's an Einherji??))
(( Ok I'll have Herryk comment to set up the Hotel Atmosphere ))

Herryk walked down the 46th lobby of Hotel Valhalla. After seventy two years of being in the hotel, he felt he was getting a grasp of which floors had what different activities and locations. Teens running around with weapons, some using them to maim and kill others, but it was alright. They are all training for Ragnarok after all and would regenerate later in the day.He went to the store district, and saw Sindri at his storefront.

"Sindri, I believe Rynache needs a sharpening, and while I'm at it, I'll also get Fientyd and Vijs sharpened" he said putting a red gold on the counter for each weapon.

Sindri laughed then said, "remember I'm in a life debt to you, I'll do it for free" he slid the red gold back. To which Herryk slid one back, "you paid that when you made me these weapons, let's consider it a discount." As he left Herryk just barely ducked a spear that almost got him in the eyes. "But let's make it quick."
Vor mehr als einem Jahr heart-of_love said…
Name: Zelda White
Race: SnowElf
Date of Death: December 24 1929
Floor Number: 34

Mother: Lily White
Description: Lily was a beautiful woman, she was kind and caring and loved Zelda to death

Father: Hunter White
Description: He worked hard for his daughter, but died when she turned 16

Appearance: Saphire blue eyes, Show white hair,pale skin and pointed ears. Tattoo of her family symbol on her forehead.
Standard Attire: purple tank tops, jeans, boots, her mother's necklace.
Weapons: Two daggers. Sol and Luna
Armor: skin tight black jumpsuit
Background: Zelda was born 1911, her parents taught her to fight and protect herself from danger, Year's passed until 1929- the great depression- and her death. Zelda was out, the day before Christmas, two daggers hidden in her clothes to protect her, and a pocket full of money. She was shot and robbed, but she didn't allow the man to live to rob another and killed him. Zelda was not afraid to die, even though her kind lived for hundreds of years, she knew it was the way the Gods and Goddess's meant it to be, until she woke up in Einhearji...87 years ago
 Name: Zelda White Age: 18 Gender: Female Race: SnowElf Current State: Einherji datum of Death:
Hades_Shadow commented…
(( Alright, just add her floor level under her datum of death )) Vor mehr als einem Jahr
(( nice character heart-of _love! Jump in when you are ready. Also, we may need a Valkryie character soon ))
(( Yeah, may need a Valkryie soon ))

Finally Ulric went into the bar named "Dóiteáin Ifreann", old Irish for Hellfire. He walked in and set up at his employers table, tuning the type writer so he could add to the ledger in Pig Pen. Leonard Pandareos was old fashioned. He insisted that they keep ledgers typed or by hand. Paper can be burned, mutilated, destroyed, but the internet is forever. He also was a low interest Loan Shark, if you call 10% a week low, he would rather have money in hand then payment made in favors and ... other forms. Finally his Leonard joined Ulric at the table.

"Young man, how are you Ulric?"

"Doing fine Mr. Pandareos"

"How many times have I told you, you are my friend now, and my friends can call me Leo"

"Yes, who are our clients today?"

"We have new clientelle being brought in first. Then everyone from the ledger 4 months ago"

One by one people came in. Leonard talked with the people, created deals with collateral in the form of favors or even their business, exacted payment from his debtors, have favors paid or even take the loss to let his muscle deal with them. All of this was recorded by Ulric in his code, and placed inside the Midori ledger page by page. Finally when the day is done, Leonard turned to Ulric, paid him in cash, and then looked him dead in the eye.

"Follow me out back, I want to talk to you about a promotion."
 (( Yeah, may need a Valkryie soon )) Finally Ulric went into the bar named "Dóiteáin Ifreann", o
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Firebird06721 said…
((I can make a Valkyrie, sounds fun!!))
(( ok sounds great ))
Zelda wandered the halls, going from floor to floor, Avoiding attacks, sending them back at other's,87 years in this place can give you a big edge against the others,she traveled from floor to floor, passing by district after district.
Zelda passed the store district, and stopped, stepping back, and ducking through the doors, hearing the thud of something slam into it. She rolled her eyes and gazed around the district, mostly just lot's of diffrent shops. She wandered for a few minutes before spotting Herryk Asmund, he was one of the few people she talked too here.
"hello Asmund" She spoke, moving to stand next to him, hands behind her back.
"Ah, Miss White" Herryk said with a smile, one of the female warriors of Valhalla that he could tolerate in this place, "decided to leave Professor Plum and Coronel Mustard in the Library?"

Another javelin flies by, and this time Herryk sees his assailant. Brock Manning, a 19 year old from 1992, had a bullying problem that turned into a god complex since dying and coming to Valhalla. Because Herryk stopped one of his mugging on a younger Einherji Brock has made him one of his top targets in the hotel. Herryk grabbed a throwing dagger with a green hilt from Sindri's shop, and landed it square in the eyes of Brock to kill him for a couple hours.

Herryk readjust his hair, then directs his attention back to Zelda, "to what do I owe the pleasure?"
((you know just to kill him for "a few hours"))

Ryan watched as Brock feel to the floor and couldn't hold back his laughter, giving up his hiding spot. Before either of the two could ask him if he was spying, Ryan stepped out from hiding

"Miss White, Mr. Asmund," Ryan nodded his head in turn to each of them, letting his gaze stay on Zelda a little longer than it should have. Ryan drew his machete out of its sheath and held it firmly in his right hand. Ryan locked eyes with Herryk.

"In case you decide to kill me momentarily as well," Ryan said, almost like a challenge.
(( that's how it works here in Valhalla, it takes time, but the body regenerates ))

Herryk quickly looks at the new contender, he was unsure of his name. Frankly he doesn't know how long he has been here.

"It seems you have the advantage of me in more ways than one. First, my weapons are being sharpened, but I have no qualms killing with my hands. Secondly, you know our names, and I don't know yours. You've earned my interest, state your peace."
Zelda's arms crossed over her chest and she studied the new face, Her Saphire blue eyes looking him over, He was stealthy, she didn't even notice him until he spoke, his build was small, very good for being stealthy, But his weapon choice made he seem more like a warrior...

Zelda's eye's moved from Ryan and Looked at Herryk " i have to agree with you Asmund, he is puzzling to the mind." She had ignored the way Ryan's gaze had lingered on her longer then necessary, she knew she looked like a weak little girl, with jeweled daggers that looked like they couldn't cut paper.
Ryan slid his machete back into its sheathe before dipping into a gracious bow, keeping his eyes locked on the two, wary of any sudden movements.

"Ryan Bushnell, I offer you both my peace in return for your own," Ryan rose from his bow and eyed the two expectantly. He fought every nerve in his body telling him to draw his weapon, not wanting to seem threatening when offering peace to possible friends.
Herryk let out a chuckle, then a smile. The kid has got nerve to approach them like that.

"A couple questions, why us? Out of the literal thousands of einherjar you picked us, what do you bring to the table? skill wise and any other, and finally what do you expect from us?" Herryk says to him, not showing hostility, but still firm and a little cocky.
Ryan gave Herryk a cocky look in return.

"Now, now, Asmund. I simply can not be answering questions that may result in my getting in trouble without you returning your peace. I graciously offered you mine, i believe the polite way to respond would be offering yours in return?" Ryan gave the two a questioning look.
Herryk could see how this could create chaos. He hated chaos. It never sat well with him what could happen. "I will give you peace up until you answer my questions. I never accept deals where I don't know the price."
Tentatively Ulric followed Leonard outside to the alley behind the pub. The dirt and grime looked like it had been years since cleaning had taken place. Rats ran from the different trash cans, some looking for food, some stumbling because they found an old whiskey bottle and helped themselves. There was mysterious splatters of browns, maroons, and reds on the bricks.

“Excuse me Mr. Pandareos … “

“Like I said boy, you can call me Leo”

“ … Right, so, this promotion you mentioned, why do I have to be back here for it?”

“All will be clear later, but for right now, let’s just say as a father of only daughters, I am selecting you as my heir to the business.”

“You can’t be serious”

“Boy, I have goons who will do any menial task to gain my trust, they would lick my boots clean to earn my respect, and they would kill for the chance to run the gang. But you have business smarts, which is something we have in common. Common Criminals get caught, but if they have someone like you and I pulling the strings, it is a mutually beneficial relationship. Plus you and I are the only ones who have the cipher to the ledger, and I’ve trusted no one to know all of the banks and codes to the business, but I can tell you after you prove yourself”

Before Ulric could ask what he meant, a black van started coming down the Alley, to which Leonard smiled. Apparently the trial was inside.

(( Firebird, how is that Valkyrie coming along? And just for perspective, they still are living and have lives outside of Valhalla, they just serve when needed ))
Firebird06721 commented…
Thanks that helps! I'll probably put it up tonight Vor mehr als einem Jahr
"Ah, i see, and to you i shall give my peace until you prove unworthy. Now to answer your questions, why you two. Well, Sir Asmund, you remind me of my dear friend, his name was Jordan. Yes, Jordan was the person i was last with when i died, i died protecting him, it was refreshing to see another soul similar to his own. That, perhaps, could explain my sneaking around, my apologies, i realize how unsettling that could've been. What do i bring to the table? Well, not much, i'll be frank, but i do know how to use a machete fairly well if that has any means to you. And what i expect from you? I don't expect a lot, i would like to see where this takes us. Now, i have answered your questions, i once again offer you my peace in exchange for yours," Ryan swept himself into another deep bow, forcing himself to take his eyes off of Herryk and Zelda, hopefully as a sign of trust.
Herryk playfully slaps Ryan on the backside of his head, then looks him square in the eyes and quotes Karate Kid, "look eye, always look eye" he then lets out a chuckle, "you're alright kid, I'll try it out, I'll give you peace."
Ryan stood up, shaking his head slightly from the soft blow.

"I would've kept eye contact if i knew you were gonna snack me!" Ryan joked. He met Herryk's eyes, and seeing the warm welcome in his eyes he gave to a complete stranger, Ryan thought he could be okay. Ryan held Herryk's gaze a little longer, and he could've be sworn he saw Jordan take his spot for a split second. Ryan shook his head, harder this time, trying to shake the image away.
He holds his hand out to Ryan, "First things first, you'll want to hang that machete on your wall in your room. Death weapons are sentimental, but will be torn to shreds by normal bone-steel. Luckily, I know a guy who can make you something astonishing"
Ryan looked down at his machete, finally allowing his hand to close around the grip

"oh," Ryan said softly. He looked back up at Herryk, a smile breaking out on his face. "Show me the way please, Sir."
Herryk leads both Ryan and Zelda to Sindri's Shop, and puts 10 Red Gold pieces on the counter, "Sindri, help them with whatever they want, I'll pay any additional tomorrow after the Duelist contest." He states, then sees the knife he threw was already in its sheathe. Sindri responds before he asked, "yes, it has the returning charm built on it, but enough about Dvirtri, what types of weapons you want boy? Sindri is the name."
Zelda smiled and stood watching the exchange,her death weapons were hanging on the wall in her room, along with 20 other things, her walls were so cluttered she had no room for nothing else.
"Asmund?" Zelda remarked, brushing a strand of hair behind her ear "can you tell how long he's been here?" she wondered.
"He's fresh" Herryk whispers back, Letting Ryan keep talking with Sindri, "no more then a year. But with ample enough time to know us I'd place him in the 2-6 month range."
((Valkyrie post will be up by the end of the day. Sorry it's been such a long time life has kept me SO busy lately))
(( ok we can't wait! ))
Name: Rota
Race: Goddess
Current State: Valkyrie
Date of Death: N/A
Floor number: N/A

Mother: Erda
Description: The wise Earth goddess, Odin's first wife
Father: Odin
Description: the Alfader, ruler of Valhalla

Appearance: Like most Valkyrie, Rota is very attractive. Her pale skin contrasts the boldness of her dark, cascading waves of hair, her big brown eyes, and full, red lips.
Standard Attire: ((trying to upload a picture but it won't because glitching so I'll see if I can get that fixed and put it up))
Weapons: She has many, but shows favor to a golden trident with an ornately detailed head, studded with glittering stones from many realms
(( Valkyrie Goddess, nice ))

The van pulls up and Ulric notices the driver and passenger are Leonards muscle men. They jump out and open the back. As they try to pull something out Leonard turns to Ulric and pulls out his own pistol and starts tightening on a silencer.

"Ulric, you must prove you have the guts to take on the job. As a boss, you are the brains, you fix things that are broken, even things your men break. But when it comes to internal affairs, sometimes you break something to fix it." He handed Ulric the pistol "I need you to break something for me"

Ulric tried grasping what he would need to break with the pistol, a safe, a car, but then he saw what the goons pulled out of the trunk. It was a family, bound by rope and gagged by duct tape.

"This man worked for us for a week, then tried breaking into my own bar to steal some of the stash and run. I don't take kindly to thiefs or liars, so we found his family, and I need you .. " he said, making Ulric point the gun at the mans daughter, "is break his heart before he dies."

-----------------------------------

Rota received an alert on her phone, notifying her of a potential heroic death in the area, letting her know to get on her cloud steed and if he qualifies for Valhalla to escort his soul there.
Rota felt her phone buzz in her pocket, and she knew what it was before looking. Her pulled a helmet onto her head and mounted her cloud steed, preparing to bring Valhalla's newest einherjar home.

She saw a group of business men. A family, held hostage and at gun point- a sight that churned her stomach with disgust. But it wasn't up to her to save them, it was up to him. Her brown eyes fell on a man- tanned with hair as dark as her own, emerald eyes full of shock. He was responsible for the lives of the mortals she looked on. Her only task was bringing back the hero.
Ulric weighted his options, he had to see where he stood before he made his decision. "Two questions Leonard. First, the family is innocent, true or false?"

"Well, by your definition it's false but in all reality ..."

"Second, how many bullets are in the gun?"

Leonard never got to answer his question, a well placed silenced bullet went through his skull, Ulric the fired at the henchmen. Ulric then grabbed out his switch blade and started freeing the man, once his bonds wer cut he went to the wife, but before he got her loose, one of the muscle men that ulrics bullet just grazed his heart let loose with his pistol, killing Ulric, switchblade tight in his hand. The man then grabbed the pistol and shot the last muscle man. Then untied his wife and daughter and called for help, unfortunately for Ulric, they would be too late.

-------------------

The Hero met the qualifications for Valhalla, his fate now rested in Rota's hands.
(i'm at a spot where i can't really do anything unless i leave the group and be by myself XP)
(( we can keep up our conversation, or even break off and let Sindri tend to Ryan ))
Zelda put her eyes on Ryan. "really? 2 to 6 months?" She remarked surprised "it has't been that long for him at all then.." she remembered when she first showed up here....87 years ago... she turned to Herryk " remember when you were new here Asmund?" she smiled.
"Yeah, and I was pissed the management wouldn't let me leave to keep fighting in the war." He said with a laugh, knowing that if Einherjar die out of Valhalla, they will not regenerate. They will permanently stay under and be sent to a not so pleasant afterlife. "It wasn't a good time for me, how about you?"
Zelda shook her head "it was the best time for me" she smiled lightly. " 1929, the great depression....when i died i was so happy to see food, and money." she laughed at herself. "although being a target for attacks wasn't that fun." She remembered everything eating like a pig, being killed like a pig,
"Well, I've come to like it now, but then there was battles to be fought, lives to be saved, why fight in a fake one each day when you could make an impact on real events" he put up Sindri's dartboard in the workshop, and grabbed a set of three blue throwing knives. "But now, the wars are past my time, I hardly hear anything about them except from other Vets, and usually by the time I decide which side I would fight for it would be over." and the threw a dagger into the 17 inner ring
" i know what you mean..i used to be so into the politics...but once they elected someone named Obama, i've given up on America's ability to choose right from wrong." Zelda shook her head and picked up a set of red throwing knives, flipping one around in her hand.
"Well once your done talking about that Sack Rat its your turn to throw" he said after laughing at her remark, "heard they are preparing the room next to mine, might have a new arrival tonight"