Zufällige Rollenspiele Marjorie's Home for Lost Children

aNinnyMouse posted on Sep 18, 2012 at 04:39PM
The year is 1930 and a storm is brewing all over Europe. England is in the midst of a great depression which has left many of its people poor and desolate. Hungry and jobless, some could barely afford to take care of themselves, let alone their family. Some of them had to leave their loved ones behind, leave their children in special homes so someone more fit can take them in. Or simply leave them to be rid of another burden, another hungry mouth.

One such place lies quietly tucked in a small rural town of South England. A rather large mansion, owned by a wealthy old man whose family died many years ago from cholera. He was so bereaved by his loss, he expanded and converted his home to house children who have too lost the things that are most precious to their weak hearts: Families and homes. Some never even had them to begin with.

Here at Marjorie's home, so named after the owner's deceased daughter, there are no magic wardrobes, no wizards and wands, no fairy gardens, nor children of gods. The only kind of magic one can find is the kind that only exists in the minds of the children who inhabit it. Yet, still they are reminded of the harshness of reality every day they wake in their ratty little beds.

But life in Marjorie's is not so terrible. Young children are taught to read and write, as they grow the subjects advance and expand even if it is by just a little. They are handled by small but respectable handful of teachers,staff members, and nurses. Should a child mature to 16 or older and not have left the orphanage by then, they are welcome to help keep after the house and the younger ones.

Even so, hard times has fallen on Marjorie's. The owner is very old and his health is beginning to fail him and the orphanage is beginning to suffer financially, making it harder to pay the staff and feed the children. There are fears of what will happen to them all should the headmaster die. Where will they go? What will be done to them?

As their struggles grow, the children become more neglected with the adults too busy to take notice. So the young children distract themselves with superstitions and fairy tales, as they concoct tall tales and ghost stories of the wood, the villagers, and even those that live among them. But what is at first harmless fun begins to grow into something very real.

You may be a teacher, a staff member, an orphan, or the headmaster.

If you are an orphan you can be 5 - 17 years old, any older and you are considered an adult and may become a staff member.

There are four teachers but only 3 openings. You may play a teacher but please be sensible when choosing the subject taught.

There is no sex, but you may be suggestive. Kissing, groping, and holding is fine, but go no further.

Disclaimer: The following content may be highly controversial in its nature as well as suggestive and/or violent and cruel.

Beware the wolf in sheep's clothing as everything is not what it seems

based loosely on Rule of Rose

Zufällige Rollenspiele 303 Antworten

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 303

Vor mehr als einem Jahr knightofdread said…
Oh i'll defintely be joining, gotta figure out what i want to do i'll post when i do
Vor mehr als einem Jahr SheStripes said…
Oo! I'm joining. Can I be a teacher?
Vor mehr als einem Jahr aNinnyMouse said…
Yes, what subject(s) will he/she be teaching?
Is European History okay?
last edited Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Yaaaay! Of course! Thanks for joining!
well i'll be a kid since we need some kids if we need more teachers i can switch
Do I need to make a profile?
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Chrome-Crow said…
I would love to join, too.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr YugiohFanatic1 said…
I'm sooooooo joining this as soon as I figure out who I'm going to be and after I read the description. I'm most likely going to be a kid.
@knight: You can even be both if you want!

Shestripes- If you want to! Either way is fine

@Chrome: Anyone can join!

I'll just describe my character as I go on, shall we all start?
(eh how'd i be both be two people?)
((You've never done that before? If you can't that's fine. It's the same way you write a story. You make different characters with differing personalities and aspirations and blah blah blah. Like I plan on playing a teacher and an orphan. People are still welcome to join but I'm going to go ahead and start us off.))
((Yay!))
(if you can't thats fine............ man that hurt..... i can defintely deal with 2 people at once, pretty easy, just never done it before, exepct for the occasional side character, who does very little, so i'll go a kid and a teacher than, i can teach sciences if that isn't taken already)
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Directingchicky said…
(I must join! Ill be a teacher and child!)
((I'm just going to post... XD))

A girl, about 15 years of age, sat at a desk. She had olive skin and long dark hair she kept in a messy bun. Her eyes were a bright green. Whenever she talked she had a thick greek accent that gave away were she was from.  
((That did come off as arrogant and mean. Sorry, I didn't mean it that way! If you're more comfortable playing just one, then do it! I didn't mean that I doubted your ability. Agh! I'm just sounding worse!))

The air outside the classroom was cold and with sweet autumn air. The world had turned red, bright orange, and dark earthly hues. It was a sleepy day that morning, the sounds of life had grown sparse and soft as winter was drawing near. There wasn't much to be heard other than the faint murmurs of children and teachers in their classrooms, cots, and playrooms. The town was too far to be of any influence yet close enough so that the home would be a part of it.

The home stood proudly behind a black iron gate with peeling white wood-paneled walls. Some newer, brancing off the sides with intricately constructed balconies and wide theatrical windows that stare off into the woods. Enter the gate and go down the path to the stairs that lead up to the large double doors, one side painted red and the other a rotting musty brown. Go through those creaky doors and down twisting corriders, and up the squeaky stairs, take a left and you'll enter a classroom. Back to the beginning, where said girl sat in said desk and said window started to frost with cool autumn air. Our story shall begin here, in this home, this classroom.

It was almost completely silent with the exception of the occasional soft thuds of a dog's tail beating against the leg of their teacher. Quite the teacher he was. He taught literature, supposedly. He used to be the Geography teacher but then the literature teacher had simply left.

He was a ferocious looking man, considered a giant amongst the little ones as he was deemed even too large for the adults. His back was wide and his shoulders broad, in every manner of speaking he was large but in no way was he fat. In fact he, along with the others, had began to lose quite a bit of his weight ever since the budget cuts. His bold chin was beardless but he had thick black mutton chops and a head full of wavy locks that would put a lion to shame. Strangely, his complexion was incredibly pale in contrast, stone-like and almost gray. With his lips set in a firm line, he cast a dark look over the classroom.

His name was Anselm Wulf, he was from Austria, and he rarely smiled. The dog at his legs was his pride and joy and quite the rarity. It was just as enormous and ferocious as he, and was covered from head to tail in black fur. The younger children claimed that he would feed it willful boys and girls. Still, they seemed to fear him more than the dog.
A little girl of around 4 wandered down the hall,humming a little to herself and smiling,twirling her skirt a bit.She looked around.There wasn't many kids around the hall at this time,most of them being in their class,but she didn't have a class at this time.She didn't really understand why she was here,only that her dad had dropped her off here and said he didn't know when they would see her again.She didn't know what that meant,since she was so young,but she did know that she missed her dad. A lot.Her hair was black that fell to past her shoulder blades,her eyes were a lovely sky blue,and she didn't have all of her teeth yet.The girl kept walking down the hall,looked all around for anything to do.
Her name was Areti Mikos (a-re-TEA).
Areti always got to class early. She would walk in swiftly, and make her way to her desk, then sit and look outside. Although, today the frost that clung to the glass blocked her view. She looked passed it like it wasn't even there. Now that class had started, everyone had suffled in and sat down at their desks. Areti pulled her sweater closer; for she could feel the cold emanating of the window.
(OH SHIT the long ass paragraphs of ninny XD they take a while to read but it's worth it lol)

Poking his head through the door Jim looked to see if the teacher had arrived yet, He had seeing his back to him he quickly got on all fours and started to creep to his seat, passing by other kids all snickering, his butt still was sore from the last time he was late he was determined not to get caught this time bumping into a desk he froze breath held in fear that the teacher had heard that tell tale rattle, he hadn't quickly resuming his march to his seat he was able to arrive at seat without further incident rising into his seat and turning to the front, staring right at him in front of his desk was the teacher the whole class broke out laughing, meanwhile Jims cheeks went rosy red with embrassment he shudder knowing what was in store
((How old is your character?))
(i'm thinking 12 at the moment)
At the sound of children's laughter, the fur on his hound's back stood on end and it growled and whimpered with its muscles tensed as it prepared to get up. The large hand of its owner mollified it by firmly gripping its snout. "Good morning." He stared down the young boy with his other hand holding the switch behind his back. "I take it you've slept well..." He stepped over to the boy and boxed his ear. "It seems you've forgotten my policy for not teaching neanderthals who crawl on all fours like animals." He pulled his head forward by the tip of his ear and bent over a bit to get a closer look. "Would you like a reminder?"
The little girl found a slightly opened down and peeked inside,seeing an old man sitting at his desk,looking weak. She blinked and just stood there,too afraid to walk in and too afraid to make a single sound.
The old man, sitting behind the desk, appeared shriveled and small with nary the muscle nor body fat. His cheeks were pulled down into jowels and there was very few white hairs left on his head. With a faint and hiddden smile, he cast a glance towards the door that creaked open just a crack. His dreary eyes suddenly lit up with a flicker of vigor. "Hullo," He cooed softly as he spotted a tiny foot in the door.

Quickly he began to rearrange his desk, on which papers and crumpled tissues were strewn along. A busted fountain pen formed a puddle on the finely treated wood, staining the elbow of his coat as he made an effort to tidy up. After giving up, he leaned forward with a groan coursing through his brittle bones. With his fingers clasped together, he called out again. "Who is peeping at my doorway? Come on, don't be afraid. I'm too old to harm."
The little girl walked into the room,shy and afraid. She knew she probably wasn't supposed to be peeping,but her curiosity overwhelmed her.She looked at the old man,just staring at him with big,bright blue eyes.
Areti hadn't looked at the boy or to the sound of the creaking door. She still starred out the window with a expression like she was waiting for something.
ahhh no not really sir i think i remember it well from last time..... would you be willing to let me off this time pleaseeeeee my backside still hurts from the last time.....
The class giggled at the boy. This finally pulled Areti attention from the window and with the rest of the class she looked at the teacher, to the boy, to the teacher.
Wulf sighed, his hot breath stinging with the strong scent of tobacco. He straightened himself, releasing Jim's ear, and made a graceful gesture with his arm towards the desk. "If you must be late, face the consequences with dignity. A good man does not plead."

The old man smiled at her, turning his entire body in her direction and placed his hands across his lap. He chuckled. "Why don't you come in and have a better look, dear?"
A man stood infront of his class. The man had been born and raised in England. He was in his late-twenties, and was very handsome. His name was Thomas Peter, A.K.A Mr. Peter. He taught European History at the Orphange and greatly enjoyed it.

"Quiet, class." He said, taking off his coat and laying it over the back of the chair.

The small girl walked nervously to the old man,looking around his office.She saw his desk was still slightly cluttered.She also saw the ink stain on his elbow.She hadn't spoken a single word,only looked,her bright,big,curious eyes shimmering a bit.
Face turning red with indigination, i didn't plead sir i asked. there's a diiffernce between pleading and asking.
Areti bit her lip, it was embarrassing to watch.
((New rules: Because we haven't many characters, everyone can make and control as many npc's and side-characters as they wish as long as it is not to promote themselves and it doesn't become overwhelming. Anyone can use the headmaster as long as they're consistent with his personality.))

"Not another word. Present yourself to my desk before you make matters worse." He circled around behind him and placed his hand on his shoulder with a firm squeeze. Afterward he promptly strode towards his leather chair, which cracked with age, and sat down.

The old man laughed again, his lips were tugged up into a yellowish grin. "Ah, aha! Aren't you new? I haven't seen such a curious little face before. Of course-" He broke into a fit of coughing, reaching for one of the used tissues to cover his mouth. "Of course," He choked, "I was never one for remembering faces... Mm, yes. Why don't you come over here, to the light?"
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Nevermore_ said…
In the back of the class room there were two children of fourteen who sat very close to each other. The first had curly chocolate brown locks that fell around her shoulders, her eyes matched the hue of her hair, and the glasses which covered them were metal with the paint peeling off. She, Lucille Matthews, watched boy and teacher with much interest, after all, who had the latest whipping was always a large topic of discussion.

The boy sitting beside Lucille was named Louis and he had hair identical to hers, though cut much shorter of course, and identical eyes as well. He watched the faint images of moving shadows as he listened intently to the conversation between student and teacher. Louis frowned as they went on and on, he did not like when this class was interrupted as it was one of his favorites. Though he himself could not read, his sister often read poems and stories to him, but it seemed that lately she wasn't doing that as much. She enjoyed going of with her friends much more now. However, the homework for this class forced her to still read to him some, it kept his one family member close to him in some small way.
Areti then looked back at the frost covered window, she often tried to forget she was in school, in a orphanage. This is why her english is isn't as good as It could be, her mind is always somewhere else. Usually in her beautiful homeland of Greece, which she can barely remember.
The girl cautiously walked over to him.She nodded to his question on if she was new and she walked over to almost right in front of his desk.She looked up at the old man,her eyes asking what to do next.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Noone_N said…
// Imma join but I might be gone a lot scince I have lots of RPs to get back to ...//
Name: Noone - no last name - Age:10
Height: 5 feet
Appearence: // my profile picture but younger//
Attitude: He is rude, is a loner, and has is so far not known to have an attraction to anyone.
Bio: he never knew his parents, he beaten by his last foster father who rapeded him on his nineth birthday. He doesn't talk much and when he does it is usually laced with swears. In fact his own name Noone isn't even his, he found it wen he worked in an hell-like circus.
---
Noone leaned against the wall of the back school.
*walking up to the desk ready for the punishment he stood stoned face in front of the teachers desk, waiting for what he knew was coming*
(Noone, You totally just murdered the fucking elder curse... Not to mention you obviously don't realize what this rp is about. I don't like you very much right now...)
// that was my friend she sneaked onto my profile while she slept over so I forgot to delete that post can you tell me?//
(responded to your private message)
// it's awesome to know you understand//
Noone sat against a tree, reading a book. " ...She died....."
((Kitty! You've come for me! My heroooo *w*)) Anselm's thick black eybrows rose as he watched the boy approach his fate. He pushed a large to one side on his desk and placed a finger in front of him. "This time, give me your hands palms up." A twitch at the corner of his lips, indicated a slight smile.

The old man cleared his throat and leaned forward to where the soft glow of his lamp lit his face in a yellow luminescence. "Aww, I see you are not the talkative type. I respect that. Sometimes there is simply nothing worth saying, eh? What is your name dear?"

Vor mehr als einem Jahr Directingchicky said…
"Vane! Vane!" Dangereuse called from the hall. She was frantically rushing to her brother's side, her hair long and held back with a black bland that clashed with her white hair, "Mon frère, où es-tu? "
(I have, bumble bee, I certainly have ^_^)

Lucille shook her head at the smile the teacher wore. She leaned over close to Louis, "he's smiling like he's glad to be hurting him," She whispered in her brother's ear.
"Then you shouldn't be talking if he's in a beating mood..." He replied in the same fashion with concern in his voice. He didn't want himself or his sister to have to join the over sleeper at the teacher's desk.
Vane was a very rough little boy, known to always have a face sordid and smudged with soot. Even his black hair seemed to be matted with mud. It was a wonder to the nurses how he always managed to get that way, and quite a hassle it was to clean him, let alone his clothes. He had made quite a few enemies this way, along with his somewhat spiteful nature.

He turned to see the kindly face of his sister approaching, while he stood in the courtyard making effort to rake the leaves into a messy pile for the younger ones to jump in later on. "Ah, mon petit chérie, pourquoi n'êtes-vous pas en cours d'histoire?"
Nyme realised the time and ran to class. " I'm sorry I'm late! " He slammed the door shut,and flinched at the teachers eyes." Umm, sorry."