Lost In Austen Hard to understand some of the dialogue?!??!?

winwithgail posted on Apr 21, 2009 at 03:21PM
Our PBS station just aired the first 3 episodes and I have replayed them several times, but I am having trouble with some of Darcy's lines as well as Wickham and Caroline's. Does anyone know where I could find a transcript. IMDB had some of the more quotable lines but not the one's I had trouble understanding. I'm not sure if this the worst Darcy but he was such a low talker and mumbler at time that I had trouble understanding! Ugh! Any ideas?

Lost In Austen 4 Antworten

Click here to write a response...
Vor mehr als einem Jahr ladywharton said…
smile
You could buy the DVD and watch it with the subtitles on. That's what i do with all British movies because I don't want to miss anything. Have you ever noticed when watching Masterpiece Theatre on your PBS station that the music is too loud? It is so loud that it is hard to heard the dialogue. I saw that MT was aware of the problem and were looking into it but that was months ago.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr winwithgail said…
smile
Thanks for the info! I was going to get the DVD but wasn't sure there would be subtitles included. Sometimes MT is a problem too, but the newer programs seem better. Anyways, best regards and thanks.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr anaksunamoon said…
link this is translation into russian, but english subtitles are there too
Vor mehr als einem Jahr winwithgail said…
smile
That site is brillant! Many thanks!