Heroes of Olympus RP Club Character stats

Spikegilfer1997 posted on May 15, 2013 at 01:10AM
Sup, so in an effort to make characters more balanced I have converted the forum to this. More ideas are welcome and not all my current ideas are detailed yet. Gonna get me a snack
-Arik

Stat sheet- Basic stats. Your character gains six points every year up to six points. 6X10=60 From that point on they gain four points per year. So if they were sixteen they'd have 84 points.
Ten points represents an average level for a stat, sixteen represents a standout level, twenty represents the maximum level. Whereas there is no real stat checking we'll have a rough estimate of what would be excepted.

Strength- Physical strength
Dexterity- Speed and dexterity
Constitution- How many hits they can take
Wisdom- Magical know-how
Perception- Ability to sense the presence of someone
Stamina- Ability to keep on fighting without tiring

Mutations- Choose one

Healing Factor- Superhuman regeneration

Bloodhounds nose- Able to recognize various scents.

Poison Resistance- Not to be mistaken with poison immunity, poison takes a much smaller tole however.

Infrared vision- Ability to see in terms of heat

Echolocation- Ability to see by realizing soundwaves

Hyper vision- Ability to read somebodies vital signs just by looking at them. (I.E how much energy they have, if they're wounded, how they're wounded, heart beat, that sort of thing)

Shape-shifting- Ability to change form

Traits- Traits are abnormal things about your character, you're not limited to how many you can pick, however I will provide two warnings.
1. If you pick traits like "Slender" and "Bulk" then you might as well have not picked anything because they cancel each other out since they completely oppose each other.
2. Each trait has a negative feature as a trade-off. Once again these are not enforced but it is hoped you'll play to them.

Feral State- Berzerker rage, when in this state your focus shuts out everything, pain, objectives, orders. Requires a great amount of will power or a powerful reminder to snap out of it. How it is used however is more or less up to you unless your character is enraged.

Second mind- True multitasking, allowing the mind to have two consecutive. This can result in poor focus however.

Slender- A naturally dexterous physique.

Bulk- The other side of the coin to being slender.

Training- Combat skills, for every two years your character is over eight choose one.
(I.E 16-8=8 Eight divided by two is four, pick four skills)

Intense training-All characters have use of basic weapons such as the one-handed sword style so to further that choose intense training

Exotic Weapons- The use of weapons with chains, dual-wielding and odd blades such as scythes.

Heavy-Weapons- The use of giant weapons like the zweihander or claymore

Acrobatics- Climbing and flips

Gunplay- The use of guns

Archery- The use of bows and crossbows

Healing-Vitakinesis

Elemental control- Any combination of Umbrakinesis, Photokinesis, Pyrokinesis, Hydrokinesis, Geokinesis, Aerokinesis or Electrokinesis. All of these also possess the Genesis ability (The power to create a certain element)

Teleportation- Ability to instantaneously get from one location to another (Long or short range

Necromancy- Summoning and controlling the dead

Summoning- Calling creatures to aid you

Telekinetic- Mental mastery

Chronokinetic- Time control

Flight- Ungrounded.

Illusions- Create mirages within the enemies mind

Atmokinesis- Weather control

Technokinesis- An innate understanding and control of machines.

Education- Things your character learned for studying and their hobbies. For every two years your character is over eight choose one.
(I.E 16-8=8 Eight divided by two is four, pick four skills)

Medicine- Ability to craft healing supplies

Trap-building Self Explanatory

Tracking- Ability to follow a trail

Survival- Skinning and cooking

Alchemy- Ability to craft potions

Stealth- Ability to stay hidden

Tremorlocation- Ability to sense through movement. I.E size up an opponent by their footsteps.

Smithing- The knowledge of how to make armor, weapons and other such things.

Equestrian- Able to ride various mounts.

An example link
last edited on Aug 01, 2013 at 09:30AM

Heroes of Olympus RP Club 323 Antworten

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 323

Vor mehr als einem Jahr Nicolicious said…
OP my worst nightmare.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Spikegilfer1997 said…
I feel there is a misconception when it comes to quantity and quality.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Alvin2442 said…
Oh, this forum.
^^Yup.
Sadly the two intended sides of discussion have made each other log off.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Rogue475 said…
I lied I suppose in a sense, I'm one who will admit my own faults
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Mutaliation said…
I know my character Sam was OP, but I have never made an OP character before, and I didn't think I was doing so when I made Sam, but an OP character isn't always one that has a bunch of powers, the powers mean nothing if you don't use them in conflict, but it's character that manages to get every hit in, dodge every blow, and seem to know how to do everything, despite it being just impossible.
Arik possess an abnormal amount of abilities, I don't consider him overpowered. The reason for this is overlap and he stays within a normal level of restraint. Close range, light armor. Not enough fights happen that I can prove my point though. What most people do with their limited powers is what Arik does with his many. The quantity of Arik's abilities is more or less a illusion
I'd say with the immunity to bullets removed Sam is fine. Nothing wrong with a dedicated strength character that is pretty tank, not everyone has to be dexterity based.
I try not to get in any fights when I RP for the sake of not becoming OP. And the only one of my characters who I can really think is OP by power is Thomas Royale, son of Chronus, he had the ability to manipulate all of time and space, but instead of being a jerk with that power, I just screwed around with it and had fun.
What I view as a true top-tier power is long range teleportation. Completely removes the need for any type of travel.
Everyone and their mother can shadow travel in these RPs, which really gets on my nerves when somebody says "I appear next to them by shadow traveling" especially when they do it where it contradicts what I had just said.
Rogue475 commented…
yeah I can see where that can get annoying Vor mehr als einem Jahr
JasmineValdez commented…
Thank you, I thought that was just me. And plenty of people whose characters aren't children of hades do it Vor mehr als einem Jahr
JasmineValdez commented…
For Du guys, it makes sense though, I wasn't talking about you. There's like, children of Demeter who can "plant teleport" and stuff like that Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Arik is limited to lightning travel. Short range is transforming into six pillars of lightning, not ideal though. While reforming the user is extremely vulnerable. Long range is basically the same but going into a cloud and then launching down to a place within 20 miles. Only usable around storm clouds though.
My only real OP character was my first one: Brian O'Connor Son of Prometheus, one of his powers was derived from the Creation of humanity(Greek Myth) where Prometheus created all humans, so I gave him the ability to control any demigod or monster that was/is human, it drained him like crazy, and he rarely. usedit so I didn't think much of it.
Dark, you may recognize this character?
So you two are actually here. GTG btw.
Yes, I try to let things stay in the past, plus a lot of that was my fault for not being rational about it, instead of creating a full-on argument. But I hope Dark and I have finished this feud once and for all. I've always liked the guy, ever since Demi-Titan so I feel bad about the whole situation.
(Yes, ditto I need to leave toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Blargledy blarg Mc'Blargenz
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Blaze_of_Ares said…
well...Blaze has the powers of Hyperion in the Grazer Chronicles....that seems OP but he only uses it to enhance his pyrokinesis, speed and sometimes a torch...
Taylor has the ability to touch people and they die, but I made it that it drains her life as well so she doesn't seem OP.
Maybe Taylor can be like Rogue from X-Men, that would be interesting.
Good idea Mutant, but she can't steal powers.

Give me your honest answers, which of my characters do you think are OPs?
She wouldn't be able to steal powers permanently, like Rogue (X-Men) she could have her limits.

Not really any of them, to be honest, they all just start becoming the same person to me.
Well I think Blaze is a little OP,you want the truth, well..."YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH" -Movie quote XD
Mutaliation commented…
A Few Good Men, that was the movie. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Blaze_of_Ares commented…
yeah Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Which Blaze, he's made like 50 of them.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr JasmineValdez said…
^ But they're all kind of the same, with a few variations
Pretty much, and their abilities usually consist of pyrokinesis, flight, and teleportation.
Basically Arik's physical skills are nothing amazing. I plan to keep it that way but Blake's hulk jumping is kind of tempting............. jk it'll be fine.
flight? when did I use flight? I think you mean light
I had the Human Torch on the brain for some reason, flame on.
Lol, I did that in HOT at CAMP HALF-BLOOD!!!! I flied using fire, but I don't use it any where else, oh wait, Parras's forums, the greek one, I used it on that
I remember Blaze in Parras's original greek hero forum being like a warrior messiah that didn't kill you because he was in a good mood. *Quote one of eleven times he teleported behind someone and broke their necks here*
lol.
XD I remember that.
really? I did that?
Yeah. I don't remember me ever being Xena the Warrior Princess, but if you remember me ever being OP do tell.
last edited Vor mehr als einem Jahr
I don't think you OP before...lemme think...well not that I know of
I didn't mind that so much as I minded your reasoning. Basically demigoddessirl would have her character attack mine and I knocked her back. Blaze then teleported behind me, broke my neck, put me in the infirmary like a very angry version of Jesus. Oh course I responded with "Haha, silly Yugi , you have activated my trapcard!" or something like that.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Alvin2442 said…
Wow, Arik, that there surprised me.
I think I used some kind of substitution actually. (Which was my counter to any sort of over-powered insta-kill)
Yugi?
Out-dated CCG reference.
Okay then.
Indeed.
Tehe.
 Tehe.
I was going to comment but since it's Batman.......
Batman wouldn't make himself overpowered, because he's not a douche.
Do you believe that? Then "SWEAR TO ME!!"
I swear to no man, not even one dressed like a bat.
It's a long story, but he did it for a very good reason.
Who did?
I think I remember it, ring was running out of juice though.