Gossip Girl why do Du guys like chuck

youknowit posted on Jan 11, 2008 at 06:19PM
i hate chuck and i think he is super ugly why do most of you like him?

Gossip Girl 28 Antworten

Click here to write a response...
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Shandiii said…
I think he is the most attractive guy on the show. I like him because he's a jerk, but he stood up for Nate when Nate was in trouble, even selling some of his more expensive items to keep Nate out of trouble. When he got with Blair that opened a softer side of him, and I think all of the girls who love Chuck are wanting to see more of this soft side, but of course with a nice balance with his bad boy side too.
Chuck and Blair would be the most ideal couple because they could dominate everyone in the school, and no one could knock them down. It's brilliant!
Vor mehr als einem Jahr youknowit said…
but dan and nate are such better guys and so much hotter and chuck cheated with blair and that was his best friends girl friend of like 20years i still don't see it but thanks for the response
Vor mehr als einem Jahr zarnitev said…
nothing better than a bad boy ;)
Vor mehr als einem Jahr pink_martini2 said…
Cause he's an entertaining character. He raise eyebrows, he's the guy you love to hate.

In our case.. we love to.. love him ha ha
Vor mehr als einem Jahr germany123 said…
yeah- stay away from the bad boys in real life but in a tv-series !? nothing more entertaining!
Vor mehr als einem Jahr youknowit said…
but out of all the guys you would choose him
he so nasty ugly
Vor mehr als einem Jahr XpsychotickissX said…
he was gay in the books

i personally hate him & love dan
youknowit: "but dan and nate are such better guys..."
-Nate is the one who cheated on Blair with her best friend, he is no better.

"and chuck cheated with blair and that was his best friends girl friend of like 20years"
-When Blair and Chuck slept together, Blair and Nate weren't even dating at the time, therefore, no one was cheating on anyone.

Dan's a good guy though, I like him more than I like Chuck...
last edited Vor mehr als einem Jahr
I know Nate has changed, but he shouldn't judge Blair for what she did because what he did was so much worse, that is the point I am trying to get across.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr pandora306 said…
If you look at the show carefully Chucks not painted as a 100% bad character, like Blair he obviously has issues. Dont blame everything on Chuck. Blair is just as manipulative as he is yet everyone loves her anywayis that just because he's a guy and its more acceptable for girls to act that way? Blair crshed Chuck's feelings.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr pink_martini2 said…
^ what she said.

Thats the best thing about Chuck, there are so many layers to him. He's suppose to be this playboy, shallow and a chauvinist. But then we see how he reacts to Blair.

He's the kind of character that compartmentalizes his emotions/feelings. But Blair gets to him and he is vulnerable.

As for how they aren't in the book, so its "not canon". Have you noticed how Nate isn't a pothead. And that Serena and Dan are still together & supposedly "going strong" with dropping the L word.

Yea, so anything can happen, they aren't following the books to the T.

Vor mehr als einem Jahr coco1212 said…
pink_martini2 is right, they havn't done everything in the show to match the books, lucky for us.
As for chuck, well, yes i'll admit, at the start of the season, i distained chuck bass. He forced himself on jenny, was deseptive and deciving, and overall a bad guy. But then... Blair and Chuck, well, u know. and i totally expected blair to at least, feel more exited around chuck, like fall for him just a wee bit. I mean he was her first time. But then chuck totally fell head-over-heals for her! And she constantly used and abused him! I think nate turned into a better guy to, but he cheated on her first! And when Nate and Blair got back together, chuck was so jelly! he looked so, hot! *shwee!* There's nothing coco likes more then a in-love-jelouse-chuck! :P w/e both couples have grown on me and i guess it wouldnt hurt if blair was with chuck or nate. *dirty mind kicks in* ...or both ^^ :P JK! just kidding...but chuck and nate are hot! (yummy)
in-love-jealous-chuck is definitely my favorite. :)
last edited Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Vor mehr als einem Jahr cara-girl said…
i totally agree with you youknowit i hate chuck! he soooooooooooooo ugly! and hes a jerk! he RAPES girls !!!! i dont get y people like him???
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Lunaste said…
In the books I loved to hate Chuck. He was a typical gay bad guy, shallow as a rain puddle, hated by everyone.

In the show I do love to love him.
I don't have much to add to what other people have said, you've all written down the many reasons to love Chuck.

In real life, I wouldn't come near a guy like Chuck. Everyone dreams of a Dan-like boyfriend, one who loves you unconditionally, who never forces you, who has a nice face to look at, etcetera etcetera.
In fiction however, like books or tv, this type of boyfriend doesn't come across well with me. Dan and Serena are sweet together, sure, but their storylines don't really interest me much.
In fiction I like the more complex, broken personas like Blair and Chuck, who for the record also have off-the-charts chemistry even though Chuck has some very gay tendencies. The mean types, the scheming types, they usually have the most interesting plotlines. Why are they doing this? What caused them to be so messed up?
If we see someone like Chuck first attempt two rape TWO girls in the pilot, and then completely show his vulnerable side when he's with Blair it intruiges me way more than when someone like Dan shows his vulnerable side to Serena, because he already is like that.
If someone like Blair falls from grace it interests me way more than when Serena falls from grace. Serena is happy, carefree, doesn't care much about popularity. Blair fights so desperately to be loved that it makes it way more painful to see her fall.

I dragged Blair into this because she and Chuck are very similar personalities.

Besides, I don't think Chuck is unattractive. I might not fall for someone like him, but he has a very interesting, different face. He's not ugly.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr jlhfan624 said…
Okay so you hate a CHARACTER because he's ugly? That's just stupid. Overall Chuck is a great character. He is played by a very talented actor who adds much more depth to his characters than Nate or Dan ever will. He makes me want to watch the show because he's sexy and interesting! And he never raped anyone.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr prisxoxo said…
chuck is great, he has personality and wit. nate and dan, sorry to say are average boys. dan is the guy who got the girl and he is just a normal sweet guy. nate is a very messed up guy who does not really have meaning in his life(ave grades, no goals...). so chuck wins hands down. he does not go crazy over girls like the other two. haha. i kind of like the part where he snubbed blair at the bar.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr othgirl_peyton said…
he is one of the most interesting characters to watch!
Vor mehr als einem Jahr hollister_babe said…
umm we like chuck cuz he adds to the show. without him where wud the drama start? think about it, chuck is the heart of all drama. without him there wud be no "baby" alert, there wud be no drama between him and nate, there wud'nt be his old drama with jenny. dan wud have no one to hate, and he is the one who usually writes to gossip girl. without him there wud be like no show. thts y we luv him
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Arielka said…
I love bad guys but I don´t like chuck...he is ugly...The best on the show is nate.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr jlhfan624 said…
Chuck isn't ugly guys. And that's a stupid stupid reason to like a character anyway.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Praesse said…
He's like the hottest guy on the world! And definatly the best character! ♥

I'm so totally in love with him.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr AnnaK said…
Dan is my fave character on the show..but chuck and nate aren't bad either..see, i first despised chuck but he has grown on me...a LOT...when they first introduced him he was just sort of evil,but after showing his relatonship w. serena(being a good friend to her) and his bonding with blair,i realized that there's more to him than just the superficial asshole he used to be;-) he is actually one of the persons i adore the most on the show now...i love his sense of humour, its so dark and sarcastic sometimes;and he has a good,sensitive side which you just have to love..And I love his cocky facial expressions and his posh voice...he is just awesome and i can't wait to see more of him and blair together...
Vor mehr als einem Jahr lobke said…
How can't you like Chuck? Like, He is Chuck Bass, that has to say enough :P
Vor mehr als einem Jahr angeljayne said…
Love him....adds real zing to the show! even though I dont like some of the things he does, he sure makes me laugh! and I love how he has a soft spot for Blair....so sweet!
Vor mehr als einem Jahr PamHalpert454 said…
Chuck and Blair are seriously the greatest couple ever and Chucks character is so unique in so many ways, he is funny without trying to be, hott on a regualr basis, and a bad boy, thats what every girl likes the bad boy, no matter how much they hate to admit it. I cannot see how anyone can think of him as ugly, I would definitely look at him twice if I saw him on the street, because lets face it he is pretty attractive :)....>Dan is sweet and cute, Nate has his handsome appeal, but Chuck outshines them indefinitely in looks and personality. And his loves story with Blair is way more interesting that Nate and Vanessa and Serena and Dan.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr chelsea916 said…
cause he's a charming bad guy
girls do love bad guy at all,didn't they..
hahaa..
Vor mehr als einem Jahr hallemay550 said…
i think chuck is too crazy for me. i sure wouldn't like him if i actually knew him. i mean who really does like a guy like that? i agree that dan and nate are kind of boring, but maybe they'll get more exciting in the next season! i think that the reason why they are boring is because they really don't let loose and just do something unexpected. the season finale left me hoping for some really crazy twist-- maybe a nate and serena? or something really big. if nate and dan do something totally unexpected, it will definitely spice up their characters.