Flashpoint Females Are Only Garnish

wgoj posted on Jan 27, 2009 at 02:09AM
I find that Flashpoint is one of those shows that I want to watch but usually don't. The reason is that it it seems, at least to me, that there is a missing element. That missing element is a serious role for the females in the series. Presently the females are being used merely as garnish, incapable of doing the real jobs of the males in the series. If the females were given roles equal to their males counterparts I believe that this show might gain some legs. I'm betting the absence of a serious female role is also the reason for the small number of fans in the fanclub. This show needs an attractive female who can kick ass as well as the guys (eg. Fringe, X Files, The women of "24", Greys Anatomy...). Presently the females on this show are little more than glorified secretaries. What do you think?

Flashpoint 2 Antworten

Click here to write a response...
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Sarah_Scarlatti said…
I agree and I hope it will change when the lady who plays Jules gets back from maternity leave but I won't hold my breath. The new character Donna seems capable of being more than garnish but they are setting her up so they can get rid of her quickly and as such not giving her nearly enough action or kick ass ability.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr wgoj said…
Yeah, I noticed the setup as well. I'm hoping that the new girl on the desk, Winnie, will somehow make it onto the team (even if Jules does return) in a strong role. Although her part was not that big, she has a great screen presence. I'm looking forward to the evolution of her character.