Disney-Prinzessin Help with Graphics Editing Programs!

MaidofOrleans posted on Jun 15, 2015 at 11:56PM
This is a place for those who love to make icons and edit graphics, as well as those who don't know how but want to learn! Feel free to share your tips concerning whatever program you use (Gimp, Photoshop, etc.) or ask questions if you don't know how to do something. You can also share some of your favorite icons or edited images if you like!

Have fun!

Some Good Links

Photoshop

The Basics of Photoshop: link

A Tumblr Dedicated to Disney Photoshops: link

Gimp

The Basics of Gimp: link

How to do Crossover Pictures Using Gimp: link

How to Create a Shadow Using Gimp: link

How to Use Light Textures with Gimp: link

PicMonkey

How to Use Textures with PicMonkey: link

How to Apply Bokeh in PicMonkey: link

Pixlr

How to Make a Photo-manipulation Using Pixlr: link

Other

Disney Screencaps: link

Some Free Light Texture Packs you can Download: link

Other Texture Packs you can Download: link

Fonts you can Download: link

Props to ntmfan0707, sarchasm, tiffany88, euny, and chesire for the links!
 This is a place for those who Liebe to make Icons and Bearbeiten graphics, as well as those who don't know h
last edited on Nov 06, 2017 at 01:31AM

Disney-Prinzessin 82 Antworten

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 82

Vor mehr als einem Jahr scarletunicorn said…
I've been wondering for some time ago if somebody knows how to do those edits of an animated character's head on a live action model's body, like this. (using this as an example). I use Photoshop CS6 for my graphics btw.
 I've been wondering for some time Vor if somebody knows how to do those edits of an animated characte
MaidofOrleans commented…
I've been wondering that too! As well as how people do crossovers, like Alice and Snow White in the same picture. I hope someone answers! Vor mehr als einem Jahr
tiffany88 commented…
It's easy, Du have to pick your live action model and then your Princess "head", then cut the Princess head out of the original picture, then remove the head of the live action model(it's the best when Du cut the whole model so Du can change the background too) and put your Princess head on the body. Du have to play with the skin color where Du put the two different pictures together. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
luckyPink commented…
plz tell me how to Bearbeiten the clothes!! Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Okay, did my first try at this. I hope it's not too bad.
 Okay, did my first try at this. I hope it's not too bad.
MaidofOrleans commented…
Nice! Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Silverrose1991 commented…
Not bad. But a few tips (comming from someone who is terrible at this kind of edit): the had is not proportional to the rest of the body, the skin tones doesn't match and the way the hair just ends is awkward. I'm awfully sorry if I'm being disrespectful oder disregarding your feelings. It's better than my attempts, really. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
tiffany88 commented…
I see Du cut the whole model right, that's good! Now Du have to pay attention to her skin. Try to lighter the head a little bit and on this model a neck would look better. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Aang_Lite said…
How do you make icons that are really high quality and look clear? I know you can just sharpen the image, but do you guys have any other tips?
tiffany88 commented…
First of all Du have to work with a HD picture, when Du crop your image to the final size, ex. 100x100, Du have to save it into a .png file format. Never use a .jpg format for icons. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
tiffany88 commented…
And Du have to work in a graphic program of corse. Photoshop oder Gimp, if Du use a web image editor I guess it won't work. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Aang_Lite commented…
alright, I'll try that out. thanks :) Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Vor mehr als einem Jahr MaidofOrleans said…
Ok this is seriously the biggest noob question ever, but say I just wanted to put two pictures next to each other in one file, how do I do that on gimp?
tiffany88 commented…
Du mean, something like this: link ? Vor mehr als einem Jahr
tiffany88 commented…
If yes, Du have to open them, then re-size the canvas of one of the picture, ex. both of your pictures are 200x200 resolution, then Du have to re size the canvas to 400x200 if Du want them Weiter eachother. Then copy and past your image Weiter to the one with the extended canvas. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
MaidofOrleans commented…
Yes exactly like that! Thank you! Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Isabellagirl033 said…
How's this?
I added Pochontas head to a Live-action model.
My first try.......
 How's this? I added Pochontas head to a Live-action model. My first try.......
tiffany88 commented…
That looks pretty good! Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Isabellagirl033 commented…
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Isabellagirl033 said…
And this.....
 And this.....
MaidofOrleans commented…
WOW these are both so good! Vor mehr als einem Jahr
tiffany88 commented…
She looks good too! Vor mehr als einem Jahr
scarletunicorn commented…
Pretty good! :D Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Isabellagirl033 commented…
Vor mehr als einem Jahr ntmfan0707 said…
For any of you that use Photoshop, this tumblr account is super helpful: link (It was actually a sideblog of petitetiaras) Do you guys know of any accounts that are similar?
last edited Vor mehr als einem Jahr
tiffany88 commented…
I loved that blog too <33 It's a shame it isn't active anymore :( Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Thank you all for your kind words! I'll admit the graphic was a little off (the model had this thing of titling her head a little in the original picture), so i'll take more into consideration your words next time.
how does this look?
 how does this look?
Oh, very well-done! Vor mehr als einem Jahr
tiffany88 commented…
Very nice :) The Farben are matching too! Du did a good job on this one. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Vor mehr als einem Jahr sarchasm said…
Here's a GIMP crossover tutorial that I made a really long time ago, in case it might help someone:

link
Oh, I was going to recommend that! It is such an excellent article, one that really got me into editing. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
MaidofOrleans commented…
Added to the collection of Links up top! :) Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Silverrose1991 said…
I made this picture using a bokeh brush in GIMP - my first time doing so. What do you think? Also, which version do you like better?
 I made this picture using a bokeh brush in GIMP - my first time doing so. What do Du think? Also, wh
MaidofOrleans commented…
That is beautiful! I like the one on the left better personally. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
euny commented…
It's amazing <3 I prefer the one on the left as well :) Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Oh, thank you! Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Ok guys I tried my first crossover thanks to MacytheStrange/sarchasm's wonderful article. I don't know how to play with the colors and shading in gimp, so I apologize for Ariel being a bit dark. Anywho, tips and/or constructive criticism? (Also I apologize for Ariel looking like she's staring at Belle's boobs. Didn't think that was how it would turn out! XD)
 Ok guys I tried my first crossover thanks to MacytheStrange/sarchasm's wonderful article. I don't kn
ntmfan0707 commented…
For your first crossover this is very impressive! Du did a great job of cutting out Belle and Ariel into the background. And I think that it's funny that it looks like Ariel is staring at Belle's boobs! xD As for constructive criticism, I wish that Belle's image wasn't such low quality in comparison to the background and Ariel. And I agree that Ariel is too dark for the setting. Overall, nicely done! Vor mehr als einem Jahr
MaidofOrleans commented…
Thank you! Yes Weiter time I will try to find pictures that are of equal quality. Do Du know how to play with Farben at all in gimp? I've played around a bit with it, but didn't like what the final result was. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
MaidofOrleans commented…
^Ok I will keep that in mind! Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Are any of you having trouble with the Youtube links in the description? They are not working for me. Should I just take them down?
tiffany88 commented…
They're not working for me either, strange? :/ They pretty much worked before XD Vor mehr als einem Jahr
MaidofOrleans commented…
Yeah I think I'll just take them down. There's no point in having them if they don't work. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Managed to manipulate some of Snow's colors! She's a lot brighter now. I think the background is a little loud though. A lot of people like to put a shadow behind the figure. Does anyone know how to do that on gimp?
 Managed to manipulate some of Snow's colors! She's a lot brighter now. I think the background is a
There's a tool for that. Go to Filters > Light and Shadow > Drop Shadow. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Oh, Du have to select the part Du want to shadow, btw - for example, you'd have to cut out Snow White. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
MaidofOrleans commented…
Ok thanks! Vor mehr als einem Jahr
@MaidofOrleans Oh oops, Silverrose1991 already explained a different technique that works just as well, but I put this long version together just for the heck of it. You have to click on the image and zoom in on it to read the explanations.
 @MaidofOrleans Oh oops, Silverrose1991 already explained a different technique that works just as wel
MaidofOrleans commented…
Oo this is really cool! I will put a link to it up top! Vor mehr als einem Jahr
What do you guys think about watermarking icons? Does anyone here watermark their creations?
sarchasm commented…
Well, Icons are typically too small for a watermark to be visible, but I usually watermark my crossovers. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
tiffany88 commented…
Nah, on Icon it would be pointless, I've never did that. On Hintergründe oder bigger graphics sure. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
tiffany88 commented…
*icons Vor mehr als einem Jahr
ntmfan0707 commented…
I agree that it is okay to watermark on bigger graphics simply to make sure no one will steal your artwork. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Vor mehr als einem Jahr tiffany88 said…
Here is a quick tutorial for "How to use light textures in Gimp" , hope it can be a little bit helpful ^^
 Here is a quick tutorial for "How to use light textures in Gimp" , hope it can be a little bit helpfu
ntmfan0707 commented…
This is great! I Liebe using textures!:) Vor mehr als einem Jahr
MaidofOrleans commented…
This is super helpful thanks! Vor mehr als einem Jahr
tiffany88 commented…
No problem, sorry for the grammar mistakes XD My English is not that good. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Magical! Vor mehr als einem Jahr
On the topic of textures, do you have any texture packs that you downloaded and frequently use? I always end up using the light texture packs from here: link DeviantART also has some useful texture packs for icons!:)
MaidofOrleans commented…
Oooohhh so this is how people get that beautiful cloudy effect on their icons. I always wondered that! Vor mehr als einem Jahr
tiffany88 commented…
deviantArt is full with gorgeous texture indeed! Sometimes I just Google textures from different topics ^^ This place is rather for designers but Du can find pretty helpful textures too: link Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Vor mehr als einem Jahr sweetie-94 said…
Thank you so much for the link to the article about how to make a crossover using GIMP, it made me wanting to download GIMP and try making a crossover, it took a few tries, but here it is, my first crossover in very long and I thought it turned out pretty good, what do you think?
 Thank Du so much for the link to the Artikel about how to make a crossover using GIMP, it made me wa
MaidofOrleans commented…
Beautiful! I Liebe the overlay of the stars. If I may provide some constructive criticism, did Du zoom in on Tiana before cutting her out of the original picture? If Du zoom in Du will be able to get much cleaner curvy lines. To zoom in Du can click on the magnifying glass on the right, oder there should be an option just below your picture that Du can click on to zoom in as well. Great job on your first try! I'm sure others who are Mehr experienced than me can give Du other Mehr helpful tips as well. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
sweetie-94 commented…
Yes, but not a lot, I had some problems with the free tool going all over the place while I moved the picture so sometimes it would end up creating lines where I didn't want them to be, but Weiter time I'll try to zoom in Mehr Vor mehr als einem Jahr
MaidofOrleans commented…
Here's a helpful hint - if Du accidentally click in a place Du didn't mean to using the free select tool Du can click on the dot it created and Bewegen it to the place Du originally wanted. I ended up deleting an entire picture and starting over before I realized I could do that XD Also when you're zoomed in and Du need to Bewegen the picture I find it's best to use the slidy bars that are along the bottom and right side of the picture. Don't know if that's what Du were doing oder not, but that is the easiest for me. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
So I made some more crossovers, here's one of Elsa and Belle
 So I made some Mehr crossovers, here's one of Elsa and Belle
MaidofOrleans commented…
I totally ship BellexElsa Vor mehr als einem Jahr
And one of Cinderella and Aurora, I really love how this one turned out
 And one of Aschenputtel and Aurora, I really Liebe how this one turned out
MaidofOrleans commented…
I Liebe this! Vor mehr als einem Jahr
This one I'm very proud of especially since Rapunzel's shot was much darker than Ariel's, btw I didn't notice it until I started making this crossover, but this shot of Ariel is beautiful, it might be her prettiest shot imo
 This one I'm very proud of especially since Rapunzel's shot was much darker than Ariel's, btw I didn'
Here's Anna and Snow White, meh, not my very best crossover, but I found Snow White to be a little hard to cut out especially because of the giant eyelash being in the way and her hair isn't that easy to cut out either so that might explain it
 Here's Anna and Snow White, meh, not my very best crossover, but I found Snow White to be a little ha
Ugh, my Pocahontas and Jasmine photo can't seem to upload so click link to view it, I'm quite proud of that one too
These are all very good. My Guter Rat is that Du should try to match the size of the characters more. Like in the above picture: Anna is much bigger than Snow White. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
sweetie-94 commented…
Thanks, I shall work on that Vor mehr als einem Jahr
What do you guys use to add text to your graphics? Also, where do you download your fonts - if you do - and what are some you would recommend?
euny commented…
This page is great for downloading fonts link Vor mehr als einem Jahr
tiffany88 commented…
In graphic programs Du can use a lots of different fonts ^^ Euny already linked the best websites where Du can get some awesome fonts! Vor mehr als einem Jahr
My first icon following Tiffany's tutorial on light textures. What do you think?
 My first Icon following Tiffany's tutorial on light textures. What do Du think?
MaidofOrleans commented…
Beautiful! Vor mehr als einem Jahr
I'm terribly sorry for spamming the forum - three posts in a row! - but I just downloaded the texture packs from PSDisney and this is my first attempt at using them. What do you think? What advice could you give me?
 I'm terribly sorry for spamming the Forum - three posts in a row! - but I just downloaded the texture
tiffany88 commented…
I think it is just lovely <33 Nice light texture ;)) Vor mehr als einem Jahr
I made some more crossovers, here's Pocahontas and Tiana
 I made some Mehr crossovers, here's Pocahontas and Tiana
Mulan and Jasmine, sorry for that Jasmine became so tiny next to Mulan, I really should've made her taller so you don't need to tell me that so please excuse that
 Mulan and Jasmine, sorry for that jasmin became so tiny Weiter to Mulan, I really should've made her t
MaidofOrleans commented…
I actually don't mind that Jasmine's smaller in this one. It makes her look like she's behind Mulan running after. It makes me wonder why Mulan is running away. I Liebe it! Vor mehr als einem Jahr
sweetie-94 commented…
Oh thanks, guess I was a little too worried, usually I'm fine with the size of the character, but this was the first time I didn't felt fine about it Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Cinderella and Elsa, first time in very long that I cutted out a CGI character, it was surprisingly easy to cut out Elsa
 Aschenputtel and Elsa, first time in very long that I cutted out a CGI character, it was surprisingly e
Belle and Aurora
 Belle and Aurora
Ariel and Anna, I really love how this one turned out
 Ariel and Anna, I really Liebe how this one turned out
And last but not least Rapunzel and Snow White
 And last but not least Rapunzel and Snow White
MaidofOrleans commented…
These are all great! It's good that Du are getting lots of practice. Do Du know how to resize characters? If not, the Sekunde link in the Beschreibung up oben, nach oben tells Du how. That way Du can make both your characters the same size. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
sweetie-94 commented…
Yes, but I do it in a different way, I click on the scale tool in the tool box because then I can choose Mehr freely how wide and high the image I want the image to be, with Scale the layer it isn't as easy. Also I can see how the image will look like in it's new size which is not possible with Scale the layer Vor mehr als einem Jahr
MaidofOrleans commented…
^Your way works just as well! :) Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Actually, the scale tool is not the best option. It doesn't respect the proportions of the image, so it can distort it if Du aren't careful. Either way, a tip from me: When resizing a character, place them above the other one, so Du can compare the size of the head, the body, etc. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
I did another crossover and added a light texture! Pocahontas and Ariel are now swimming buddies! Opinions/critiques/tips?
 I did another crossover and added a light texture! Pocahontas and Ariel are now swimming buddies! O
Aang_Lite commented…
I like it! My only critique is to try to match the lighting a bit more. Poca's a lot darker than Ariel. Du can also play with the saturation brush to make the left side of Poca a bit lighter, that way she matches the sunbeam Vor mehr als einem Jahr
MaidofOrleans commented…
Thanks for the tip about the saturation brush! I will definitely use that in the future. Yeah I brightened Poca a bit, but I guess it wasn't enough. I was afraid to make her any lighter because I worried people might think I was white-washing her. I will not be afraid to make her lighter Weiter time! Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Vor mehr als einem Jahr euny said…
Hi! I just tried to make an icon with GIMP following the tutorials of this forum. It was fun and not as diffucult as I imagined. Then I tried to create the same icon with PicMonkey (the program I always use) using the same original image, to see if I could obtain the same results. I´ll continue exploring GIMP. Thanks everybody for your tutorials and tips :)
 Hi! I just tried to make an Icon with GIMP following the tutorials of this forum. It was fun and not
These turned out great - I prefer the PicMonkey edit's Farben slightly. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
MaidofOrleans commented…
They are lovely! I agree the the PicMonkey one has better colors. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
euny commented…
^^Oh really? I actually prefer the Farben of the GIMP icon. Anyway, they are almost identical :) Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Vor mehr als einem Jahr sarchasm said…
Which of these do you guys think looks best?
 Which of these do Du guys think looks best?
MaidofOrleans commented…
I really like number 4, but they are all really pretty! Vor mehr als einem Jahr
euny commented…
Number 2 and number 3 are my favourites :) Vor mehr als einem Jahr
2 first, then 4. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
So I decided to post some more crossovers even though this serie isn't finished, but that's not all,I used both of the scaling tools on GIMP
Anyway so here's Jasmine and Tiana, for this one I did as I've always done, click on the scale tool in the toolbox and then choose a size
Oh and yes I deleted Tiana's feather because I think she would look better without it or what do you think? Also I had to make her height the same as the height of the Jasmine screencap because otherwise Tiana's hair would look very weird
 So I decided to post some Mehr crossovers even though this serie isn't finished, but that's not all,I
And here's Elsa and Mulan, for this one I went with the Scale the layer version, at first I wrote the width part, but I realised that the height was more important to get right since otherwise Mulan's hair would look a little weird
I do prefer the way I do, using the scale tool in the toolbox
However I prefer this photo slightly more
So which one is your favorite out of these two? The other 4 pictures (since each of these series consists of 6 pictures) will be done hopefully this weekend
 And here's Elsa and Mulan, for this one I went with the Scale the layer version, at first I wrote the
I prefer this one. Both are very well-done when it comes to the character's cut-out, but Tiana looks so squished, don't Du think? It's obvious her proportions have not been respected, and that is a big no-no when it comes to crossovers and graphics in general (I'm afraid I'm being rude... A thousand apologies). Vor mehr als einem Jahr
MaidofOrleans commented…
I agree with Silverrose1991. Not trying to be rude of course, I just think that when proportions are off the characters look very strange. Also, for the scale the layer version it doesn't actually matter whether Du enter the proportions into the width oder the height, because the whole point of it is that it will scale the entire figure so that they stay proportional. Again, I'm sorry if this came off as rude. It's just my opinion. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
sweetie-94 commented…
Sorry about Tiana, but since I'll make these Bilder into Icons I didn't want Tiana to be too wide because otherwise there's a risk that she'll be left out a bit in the Icon Vor mehr als einem Jahr
smile
Ok guys, after exploring Gimp a bit I have few general questions that I'm hoping some of you can answer:

1. Some of the tutorials I have watched have stressed the importance of adding alpha channels to your various picture components. I personally haven't noticed a difference whether or not I use them, though I have noticed that if I copy and past a character onto another picture I am unable to add an alpha channel to them. What exactly do alpha channels do? Are they important? Should I be using them?

2. On a somewhat similar vein, some tutorials say that instead of simply opening a picture file you should "open as layers," which is directly below the "open" option. I've noticed that if I "open as layers" a picture and then "open as layers" another one it layers it over the original picture instead of opening a new window for it. However, this allows me to add alpha channels to both pictures, which I can't do when I simply copy and past from a different window. Again, is this something I should be doing? Does it make things any easier?

3. Silverrose1991 mentioned a bokeh brush that he used. I've played around with the paintbrush tool but nothing I've done looks remotely like bokeh. Where is this lovely tool?

Thanks for answering all of my questions! You guys have been a huge help to me and I already feel like I am becoming a much better photo editor.
Oh, alpha channel is for transparency. If Du add an alpha channel to your background, for example, when Du erase it it won't be white but transparent. The trik with coppying and pasting characters it that Du should add a transparent layer first and then paste the character into it - easier to work with, imo. The bokeh brush is something that I learned to make with a tutorial. I would link it, but it is in Portuguese. Tomorrow I'll see if I can translate it. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
MaidofOrleans commented…
^ Thank you! Now I will never fumble around wondering why the background is white instead of transparent. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
I don't know about you, but I think this one became very pretty, it took a while to get a good size for Pocahontas (took at least 5 tries with Scale the layer to get it right) so if you don't think the size is right don't be too harsh on me for that
 I don't know about you, but I think this one became very pretty, it took a while to get a good size f
Here are the rest of the crossovers, first I have Cinderella and Rapunzel
 Here are the rest of the crossovers, first I have Aschenputtel and Rapunzel
Anna and Aurora, I really love how this one turned out
 Anna and Aurora, I really Liebe how this one turned out
MaidofOrleans commented…
This one is my favorite! So pretty! Vor mehr als einem Jahr
sweetie-94 commented…
Thanks, it's one of my Favorit crossovers I've done Vor mehr als einem Jahr
And last, but not least Ariel and Snow White, the inspiration for this one was link
Anyway this is probably my best crossover so far at least imo
 And last, but not least Ariel and Snow White, the inspiration for this one was [url=https://www.youtu
So I decided to take a little break from my DP Series and focus on other things, I decided to make a crossover with my 2 favorite Disney Characters Snow White and Baymax

And this time I couldn't use the Scale the layer version, I started using it to make Baymax smaller on the width, but that also changed his height so then I used the Scale tool found in the toolbox since then you can choose the size more freely which I was forced to in this case since Baymax is very tall, but I couldn't make him very wide either so sorry about him looking so squished
 So I decided to take a little break from my DP Series and focus on other things, I decided to make a
I kinda wanna know how to do these, as either icons or graphics, I know you can also add to the background gradient, but the ones i've done always end up looking a little hideous /this one isn't mine btw)
 I kinda wanna know how to do these, as either Icons oder graphics, I know Du can also add to the backg
So now I've decided to continue my DP Crossover series and so far I've made 2 crossover, here's Elsa and Tiana, I love how this one turned out
 So now I've decided to continue my DP Crossover series and so far I've made 2 crossover, here's Elsa
And here's Belle and Mulan, this one also became very pretty
 And here's Belle and Mulan, this one also became very pretty
I made another 2 crossovers, here's Pocahontas and Cinderella
 I made another 2 crossovers, here's Pocahontas and Aschenputtel
And here's Ariel and Jasmine
 And here's Ariel and jasmin
MaidofOrleans commented…
I really like this one! Vor mehr als einem Jahr
And finally the last 2 crossovers in this series, first off Rapunzel and Anna, the first screencap that I planned on using for Rapunzel didn't work, the cut out tool just cutted out part of Rapunzel no matter where I placed the starting point so I used another screencap from the same scene and this one worked a lot better
 And finally the last 2 crossovers in this series, first off Rapunzel and Anna, the first screencap th