So, finally the last songs. Filler Songs are songs which serve no real purpose at all – they don’t really add something to the story, they normally turn up in filler oder Comic-Relief scenes. And they are mostly something typical for the older Disney movies, so there are not that many overall.
5. The Little Mermaid: I only added “Daughters of Triton” here because I felt I had to mention it somewhere, but the piece is so short, I hesitate to take it into account at all. It's not bad, not at all, it serves it's purpose Von introducing Ariel's family, but that's Mehr oder less all what is to it: Just a bunch of names, sung prettily.
So the rating is mostly based on “Les Poissons”. Before I made this pick, I had this one as third best. But some of the reactions in the pick really surprised me, so I took a really good look at the song, and the scene itself, and I suddenly realized how useless the whole sequence is. It’s pure comic relief with no purpose at all – Louis doesn’t even turn up again until the very end of the movie, for another pointless gag. Fanpop says: Third best for “Daughters of Triton”, “Les Poissons” ended up as Sekunde worst “Odiosa! Pointless, arguably harmonious, and not that special at all.” (Lisia)
4. Sleeping Beauty: If there is one sequence in “Sleeping Beauty” I dislike, than the “Skumps” scene. It’s another one of those pointless comic relief scenes, and I could life with removing it from the movie altogether. And the song is barely a song at all. But it at least serves the purpose to Zeigen the plans and hopes of those two fathers. It could have done better (as “Tangled” proves) and especially shorter, but it’s enough for me to put it on place three. Fanpop says: Worst “i like what they say, i think its funny... but they don't sing that much in it... all they sings is "Skumps"” (DamianLUVR)
3. Snow White: I absolutely loathe “The Silly Song” and “The Washing Song”. The former is literally about nothing, and the latter about washing. But at least the melodies are somewhat catchy. And one could argue that “The Silly Song” works well to Zeigen how carefree Snow White is while the Evil Queen hatches her evil plan (nice shift of mood in the movie).
And while I always was bored Von the washing scene, even as a little kid, it is a step in the character development of Grumpy. I always thought that he actually wants to wash too, but naturally he would never ever admit it. (And he certainly is the only thing which makes the scene bearable). It certainly serves well to demonstrate the dynamic between the dwarves. Fanpop says: Sekunde best for “The Silly Song” (well, one had to get it, right?), third worst for “The Washing Song”
2. Cinderella: I really can’t tell what’s so fascinating about “Sing Sweet Nightingale”. The song has practically no text, the scene, while pretty to look at, serves no real purpose (although it does Zeigen the contrast between the life of the stepsisters and the life of Cinderella), but it’s just a tune Du can’t escape. And the scene is not one Sekunde longer than it should be. Fanpop says: The clear winner, scoring Mehr than half of the votes. ” Von far-always loved this song” (ecpjll)
1. Yeah, I know, Du are all wondering, what could have been better after all – well, “Beauty and the Beast”, “Aladdin”, “Pocahontas”, “Mulan”, “The Princess and the Frog” and “Tangled”. Because even better than having a good “Filler Song”, is having none at all. Some of those Filme have songs I consider pointless, but they have been already downgraded in the related category for that.