Damon & Elena Celebratory ideas for when we reach 5k. New banner/icon/motto? Scene survivor? Matching icons? Share your thoughts here

SpuffyDelena posted on Mar 07, 2011 at 10:48PM
So, we're getting really close to that 5,000 mark and we need to do something extra special.

Put in your ideas here, and we'll get this thing started!
last edited on Mar 07, 2011 at 10:54PM

Damon & Elena 54 Antworten

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 54

Vor mehr als einem Jahr KrissyDelenaFTW said…
smile
A new banner and as for a new motto I was thinking why dont we use a Delena quote from Midnight up until we get some new stuff on the show I was just thinking since we know alot of DE quotes from Midnight we could narrow them down to the best and make a poll and which ever wins is our new motto :)
Vor mehr als einem Jahr SpuffyDelena said…
Oh, a book!quote. That's a good idea. Yeah, we'll have to include those in the pick as well. If somebody is willing to scrape out all the best ones? :P

Yeah, we really really need a new banner/icon. Matching icons wouldn't be hard. We'd just have to have an icon contest and vote on the one we'd choose for the week. As for entertainment, all I can think of is a scene survivor game. Any other ideas/thoughts would be appreciated :]
Vor mehr als einem Jahr KrissyDelenaFTW said…
I have most of the quotes on my twitter I could group them together :)
Yess, that would help a lot. As long as they're word for word. Thank youuu.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr epicdelena4ever said…
matching icons! i think that would be cute!
Vor mehr als einem Jahr NateHeartSerena said…
I like the idea of matching icons for like a few days or something
Vor mehr als einem Jahr deluv said…
For the motto we could use some of Elena's words e.g *You and I we have something an understanding*
Vor mehr als einem Jahr DelenaLover said…
Even though I don't read the books I've read some of the quotes from Midnight and I really think we should use a book!quote for the motto. And matching icons would be cute.

For entertainment maybe we could do a one quote per episode thing. Pick one DE/DE related quote from each episode and play it just like a scene survivor game but with quotes instead of scenes?
The book quotes are intense in Midnight. I'll put a pick with both TV show/book quotes for it to be fair, but I def. think a book quote would be best.

The quote survivor thing sounds good ^

Any other ideas?
I was thinking maybe quotes from the actors/writers about DE. I love the things Ian and Nina say about DE.
^ What do you mean? What would we do with the quotes? I mean it's a good idea because it'd put everybody in a good mood and I don't mind going through the interviews for the quotes, but what exactly would we do with them to incorporate them into a game? I don't want the survivor game to become too repetitive ;/ We need other ideas.
Maybe a banner that mentions our achievement? I'm not great at banners but here's a rough idea of something we could maybe do.
 Maybe a banner that mentions our achievement? I'm not great at banners but here's a rough idea of som
Vor mehr als einem Jahr delenasalvatore said…
How about a banner with some of the most memorable scenes of DE - including at least 2 from Season 1, like the dance scene and maybe one other? It's difficult to narrow their scenes down, but we would definitely have to include a scene from 2x01, 2x08 and 2x10.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr galato said…
@NateHeartSerena aww! I love the idea with "... 5000 fans say YES"!
That banner is a cute idea, but I doubt people would want it for an extended time period. Maybe we could do it for a week, and then change it to a new banner? We have some time to think about it and get everything ready, but I wanna get the ball rolling.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr vivalavida said…
Hey! I've started an icon contest a few days ago, there are a lot of choices by the way. But I hope that if at the end of the season we'll get some intense scenes, we'll put one of them as icon and we not have to wait for months. Lol.

The book quote is a good idea, considering that the book for DE has been epic and techically we'll not have DE anymore in the books.
The banner for me is the same. But not too dark and I would prefer it with real scenes, you know with them in the same scene and not just their faces :\ You know what I mean?! :)
@SpuffyDelena

Yeah it would only work for a week or a few days because then we'll be moving on to conquer 6000 :)

I also like the idea of having a book quote somewhere. Maybe for the motto? Midnight had such great quotes for them.
I think having a celebratory 5000 fans banner is a good idea even if we only keep it for a week or so. If we do want a banner specifically for 5000 maybe we should vote on which scenes everyone wants the banner to have?

And I am all for a Midnight quote for the motto :)
last edited Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Something I did really quick. My submission for the 5k banner. I used your idea ^
 Something I did really quick. My submission for the 5k banner. I used your idea ^
One with pictures in the BG..

And I just switched out 'people' for 'fans' since it sounds better for Fanpop..
 One with pictures in the BG.. And I just switched out 'people' for 'fans' since it sounds better for
Okay here's another. I'm going to work on a colour one next maybe.
 Okay here's another. I'm going to work on a colour one Weiter maybe.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr vivalavida said…
I think that the banner is so much better without any word. Very simple but at the same time well done with all their best scenes.
And with colours :)
^ This is for the temporary banner when we hit 5k. This won't be the one we use for the overall spot look change.
big smile
Paige, I love the second one. WOW!!!! 5000 people have found their home. How sweet :D I think you should add brighter colours and scenes from S1. Good job
Vor mehr als einem Jahr LotusWhispers said…
heart
Some quotes from Midnight that would make great mottoes!

THIS ONE IS MY ALL-TIME FAVORITE! SAYS IT ALL!

***"I loved once - just once, really, in my whole life. Can you remember that I loved you? That makes my life...worth...something..."
****- Damon to Elena, the ONLY woman he ever LOVED in his WHOLE life <3333

Here are some more great ones from Midnight:

"There was no slightest motion she had made, no briefest word that she had said that he hadn't noticed and locked in his heart as a treasure"- Damon about Elena

"Something in Elena kept whispering to her that of course she had heard his call from the moment she first saw him, first felt his aura call to her."

"Elena needed to hold onto something. And suddenly she was. Damon had reached across Bonnie's lap and taken her hand." (I find it interesting the way LJ described that moment ;)lol)

"I just kissed you. I'm kissing you again. Can you feel that?' 'Forever, Elena. I'll...take that with me. It's part of me now...do you see?"- Damon about ELENA

"To call Damon 'darling' seriously, you would have to be-have to be...hopelessly...hopelessly...desperately in...Oh, God...'She was terrified to find that something fundamental had changed inside her." Elena, about being in LOVE with Damon, something that had CHANGED after being in love with Stefan

"You're branded on my soul." Damon to Elena

"In the end Damon had died to save Bonnie. Elena herself needed no more proof of his feelings about her. She would always love Damon, and she would never allow anything to diminsh that love." -DIRECT QUOTE from Elena <3

"I want Damon back.' Elena hadn't heard quite this note in her voice since the day shed been told both her parents had died."

"Elena...things are beginning to feel strange now. Not pain. But I have to tell you...what I know you already know...How I fell in love with you."

"She wanted to follow. Nothing was real. Didn't he understand? She could not imagine a universe, no matter how many dimensions there were,without a Damon in it. There was no world for her, if there was no Damon." -Elena

"But there had to be some other reason, Bonnie's mind told her. Because you're not Elena, and he's never going to treat you the way he treats Elena." -Bonnie about Damon/Elena

Just thought I would throw all these gems out there! I think they make it clear that Damon/Elena were destined to be together. DEstined ;)

heart
^ Thank you for the quotes.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr DaniKatZ said…
smile
omg, can we use one of the banners SpuffyDelena submitted? I love the first one! Just putting my opinion out there.. lol :)
I love those book quotes! <3 One of those must be the motto.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr jendelena said…
heart
Woh Paige I love that banner and @NateSernea your banner is pretty as well. Damn I wish I knew how to do arts. I'm a writer not a graphic artiste unfortunately XD

IMO this should be the quote Amd its a Delena quote from Midnight by the one and only Damon Salvatore to the love of his life Elena Gilbert :)-----

"Will you remember? Just that I loved once - just once, really, in my whole life. Can you remember that I loved you?

^^^ That's like the quote of all quotes :)
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Ledger_m said…
i made this one.
do you guys prefer it with a phrase, like the others?
 i made this one. do Du guys prefer it with a phrase, like the others?
OMG @Ledger_M I love your banner like loveeeee it Sweet. It should have the Damon quote to Elena :- "Your branded on my soul." on it.
Okay, since we don't have enough submissions for the temporary banner (sorry to those who made one ;/) and we're almost at 5k. Can you guys PLEASE focus on the permanent banner for the 5k mark?

- Make sure you have a variety of scenes
- No text
- Make sure it's not too dark

We need submissions ASAP. We're running out of time.
@Ledger - That's great! I'll include it in the pick for banners :] Thank you. If you have time can you maybe do some more with other scenes as well? No pressure :]
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Ledger_m said…
I added 2 scenes from season 1. in my opnion, these are all the most importante scenes:
Necklace scene - 1x14; Dance - 1x19; Hug - 2x12; "I love you" scene - 2x08; "There is something going on between the two of us" - 2x01
There are others scenes? i can try put them in the banner.
 I added 2 scenes from season 1. in my opnion, these are all the most importante scenes: halskette scen
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Elizabeth94 said…
Hi guys!
I can't say that I'm active on fanpop, but I still decided to try to make some banners. I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right thread, since my banners are without any words, but few people have already posted permanent ones here, if I understand correctly.
So I hope you'll like them:
Banner #1
 Hi guys! I can't say that I'm active on fanpop, but I still decided to try to make some banners. I'm
Banner #2
 Banner #2
Banner #3
 Banner #3
Banner #4
 Banner #4
Banner #5
 Banner #5
Banner #6
 Banner #6
smile
Wow. Those banners are amazing! ^
Vor mehr als einem Jahr LotusWhispers said…
I like banner #1 and #5 the best! Great work!
smile
^^@Elizabeth94 I like no. 5 & 6 but all the banners are really pretty. Luv them :)
Vor mehr als einem Jahr tellymaster said…
I love those banners! Especially number 5 and 6.

@jendelena: I agree that that quote should be the motto. <3
Vor mehr als einem Jahr shankii said…
smile
It is really hard for me to choose the scenes I'll use in a banner because I love them all, but I tried to make something
 It is really hard for me to choose the scenes I'll use in a banner because I Liebe them all, but I tri
=)!
 =)!
Vor mehr als einem Jahr epicdelena4ever said…
ok banner # 6 wins lmfaooo! it's AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wink
The last one
 The last one
@shankii I love both but I really think the last one would be the perfect banner for this spot because it has everything the angst, the emotional side to Delena, it just has everything. But I really like sigs which shows more of the Delena angst that's why I love yours. So you definitely get my vote :)
Vor mehr als einem Jahr CharmedFan4eva_ said…
wow i LOVE the second one! (shankii) there both awesome.