Cowboy Bebop Favourites

Trins_xxx posted on Jul 08, 2008 at 09:25PM
I wanted to start a thread on this broad topic about Cowboy Bebop generally. Who's your favourite character? Which is your favourite episode? Which character do you love to hate? What would you never change in a million years, and what would you be dying to change?

For me, what really got to me was it's simultaneously optimistic and doomed theme. In a way, from the start, the whole show was about the pain and suffering of the characters, yet their survival was more often than not optimistic. And this touched me a lot. I identified with the pain of all of the characters because they were each treated differently, and poignantly. And that's why I've become such a HUGE fan of C.B.

Cowboy Bebop 8 Antworten

Click here to write a response...
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Storystuff said…
Spike is my fave, i just think he's awesome. then Jet, then Faye, then Ed then Ein. Er... I HATE vicious and Julia can bug me sometimes. If I could change anything it would be...er.... Idk. Maybe I'll have to edit this later when I've thought of something. Maybe I'd change the english dubbing, it's too cheesy. I'd NEVER EVER EVER want to change spike, ever and I wudn't ever change the music. And I wud neva change most of the lines in this, but I'd like to know more bout Jet and Spike and how they met. And the Indian guy who's like a fortune teller. And I wudn't change the final line in the series for all the world, it rules. My fave eps wud be (I cant choose just 1): Pierrot le foul, Toys in the attic, ballad for fallen angels and Sympathy for the devil. Luv cb SOOOO much!!!!
last edited Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Vor mehr als einem Jahr jessez96 said…
Ed Is Mine Becuase he is SO FUNNY!
I Love The Episode "TOYS IN THE ATTIC" Because The BLOB Was Really The Rotten Food And Ed Ate It Thinking It Was Pudding! I Hate NO CHARACTERS From C.B . I Love The Saying "SEE YOU SPACE COWBY" And Like "Storystuff" Said I Wouldnt Change Anything Becuase EVERY THING IS SO PERFECT! I Love CB SOOOOOO MUCH!!!
I hate vicous cos of the last ep and wat he did 2 spike... grr!!!!
Vor mehr als einem Jahr GVentola said…
cool
My fave episode is "Brain Scratch", because it seemed everyone had really come together finally as a crew (only to have it fall apart in the next few episodes.) Spike is my fave because he's so sexy. I like the English dub over the Japanese. David Lucas just purrs as Spike, and Wendee Lee puts a lot more emotion into Faye. The show is perfect--hardly an off episode--except for the Julia thing. This was my first anime and it got me obsessed with anime.
I agree with GVentola on the spike thing :-) I like Wendee lee as Faye & jet ain't bad but spike makes me scream in fraustration (but then again, I started watchin' it in subbed so really its hard to like the dubbed afta seeing the whole series in subbed).
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Pitrocks14 said…
big smile
My favorite will always be Spike. He's such a naughty little troublemaker. So loveable too. I always liked Jupiter Jazz Part I, Honky Tonk Woman, and Mushroom Samba. Mushroom Samba is th best ep. I really hate Ed, she gets on my nerves. Spike will always be my babe.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr xloveXghoulx said…
I love Spike but I also love Faye. So a tie?
I don't know about favorite episode, but if I had to choose I'd go with Waltz For Venus, My Funny Valentine and Hard Luck Woman.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr blackpanther666 said…
I like each of the characters in their own way - because they are the way they are meant to be for a reason and they are well-developed. My favorite episode would probably be Pierot Le Fou... I'm not sure why, really, I just enjoyed it. I also love episode 12 and 13 - especially when they play Space Lion... That is an awesome OST. That is one thing I really enjoy about Bebop are tracks like Rain, Space Lion, Tank and Goodnight Julia... I love the mellow, jazzy tones to them and the epic trumpet playing from the Seatbelts.