Christentum How To Become A Christian Part 9

ghost1 posted on Aug 19, 2011 at 12:25PM
How You Can Pray with Confidence

As a Christian, you are now God’s child. In the same way that a parent longs to talk and spend time with his child, so God wants to talk and spend time with you. God says in the Bible, “Call to Me and I will answer you.” (Jeremiah 33:3). This interaction is called prayer, and because Jesus became the bridge to the God for you, you can pray anytime you want. When you pray, you are talking to the most powerful Person in the entire universe—the One who created you and everything you see. And as one of His dear children, this most powerful God loves you and cares about what you tell Him.

Jesus told His disciples, “My Father will give you whatever you ask in My name” (John 16:23). You can pray with confidence in this promise when you come to God in faith and with a pure heart. This means that you can ask God for forgiveness when you sin and in turn forgive others when they wrong you. Believe that He hears you and will answer your prayers according to His will because of your faith in His Son, Jesus Christ. Another wonderful part of prayer is telling God how great He is and how thankful you are to Him. If you have never experienced the joy of talking to God, you can begin today, knowing that He is listening and loves to hear from you!

Key verses

“This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of Him.”
1 John 5:14-15

“The LORD is near to all who call on Him, to all who call on Him in truth. He fulfills the desires of those who fear Him; He hears their cry and saves them.”
Psalm 145:18-19

“Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.”
Mark 11:24

Christentum No Antworten