Chris Jericho Chris Jericho admits he considers returning to WWE now

anna_bella_duff posted on Feb 01, 2011 at 09:31PM
Ever since Chris Jericho walked away from WWE four months ago, people have been wondering when he will be returning to the wrestling company.

Not just wondering either -- besieging him with comments saying that they want him back in the ring sooner rather than later. It's something that fans have been through before with Jericho as he left wrestling in 2005 and took a two-year hiatus before returning to WWE.

He has openly said that he's not sure when or even if he will be back in wrestling. But Jericho also admits that he considers a return right now.

"I consider it always because it's not like it was in 2005 where I was sick of wrestling." Jericho told FanHouse. "Sick of it is maybe a harsh word. Disenchanted, I guess, is a better word. I wasn't disenchanted when I left in September. It was just my contract was up. That was it. And there were other things just waiting to come through. Even if I was coming back, I always would have taken those four months, three months off to do the Fozzy tours. Then other things have kind of popped up to delay my return."

The six-time world champion has already spoke with WWE about a new contract which is actually close to being worked out.

"I mean, there's a deal on the table. A deal on the table that's 90-percent done. There's a couple of minor things that we had to hammer out. It would just be a matter of what other stuff is going on and how that stuff is going."

But Jericho says there are other things he had plans on right now though, including his band and promoting his highly anticipated second autobiography "Undisputed" which will be released on Feb. 16.

"I just have to feel the urge to come back to wrestling and I need to be there 100 percent. Now that ... Fozzy is doing really good and 'Undisputed' was coming out, I kind of had my eyes on other things and you can't do that. You got to be 100-percent committed to the WWE and if you're not, step aside and let someone else take over that is. So, it's just a matter of being 100-percent committed to doing it. Because now I have set such a high bar for myself -- which I'm glad -- and I need to match that and I need to not come in anything less than that."

"When the time comes for me to do that, I'll be happy to come back and if I never went back to wrestling, I'm happy with that too."

Chris Jericho No Antworten