Zeichentrick-Heldinnen der Kindheit Unpopular CAMH Opinions/Confessions

cruella posted on Nov 07, 2014 at 08:23PM
This is very similar to the one on the Disney Princess club, except here you can say your unpopular opinion about any of the CAMH characters or movie. Please state your opinion in a polite way, and when you're replying to someone please be polite, even if you disagree with their opinion.

Here is a link to the original forum: link
last edited on Nov 19, 2014 at 07:52PM

Zeichentrick-Heldinnen der Kindheit 243 Antworten

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 101-150 of 243

Vor mehr als einem Jahr MalloMar said…
I prefer Return to Neverland to Peter Pan. I have a love-hate thing for Peter Pan. The sequel, while not all that original nor phenomenal, is likable. It doesn't insult the viewer's intelligence and it captures emotion very well.
UnholyNoise commented…
Me too! The original is charming but the characters are lame and a lot of the movie is horribly racist, not to mention sexist. Jane gets a lot of hate for not being as charismatic oder fun as other animated kids, but I always really liked her tbh. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Aang_Lite commented…
Jane's great! Return to Neverland is an excellent example of how to do a Disney sequel right and I always liked it way Mehr as a kid than the original. Plus the stakes are a lot higher. The scene where Glöckchen dies always had me in tears when I was a kid... and now. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
scarletunicorn commented…
Me too. I'm not fond of either film but at least the sequel is kinda charming and has a neat little story and characters. The first one has a messy story and lots of unlikeable characters, plus it's so dated, what with the racism/sexism in it, it just feels like a product of the 50s. Granted all Disney films have a touch of being products of their time, but at least the majority of them can be timeless and enjoyable. This is just not. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
KataraLover commented…
I definitely prefer the sequel MUCH Mehr to the original. Jane is definitely the best character and I get her a lot Mehr than I do the other characters. She wants to believe in childhood fantasies and to be a kid but she knows that she has to grow up because she's living in freaking World War II for goodness sake! So of course she's going to be a practical person that's serious. Plus for once, Peter Pan is a likable character here. He's not a great character oder anything but he improves and even is shown to have some mature feelings with how he cares about Jane and is interested in her, unlike other girls that kitz, rehkitz over him that he treats like crap. The Animation is gorgeous, Hook is Mehr sinister, there are Mehr stakes in the story and climax, and I Liebe the song I'll Try. I hate the original movie for all the reasons listed above. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Vor mehr als einem Jahr scarletunicorn said…
Tbh I don't really care that much for Don Bluth's films. Everybody always goes on and on about how Secret of NIMH is a masterpiece but I just find it to be cute.
cruella commented…
I agree. I've never cared much for his films. I've always seen them as cute kids' Filme and nothing more. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
AudreyFreak commented…
the Animation has a unique quality to it and I think a lot of people like the darkness to them as well as the silly humor. I Liebe them, just in a different way than disney. they can be really cute oder terrifying. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
This isn't all that unpopular, thankfully.
I think it's awful when people bash the bodies of animated characters.
Example: Being a huge Naruto fan, I go online and come across people arguing over whether Hinata or Sakura is better and using their appearances as reasons to dislike them, a.k.a. Sakura has a flat chest therefore she's ugly, Hinata is curvy therefore she's a slut, etc. I know, characters are constantly objectified (us Fanpoppers even do it sometimes) but using the appearances of the characters to bash them seems immature at best.
Edit: Now that I think about it, the particular show I mentioned does have some perverted characters, so it isn't as if the comments I don't like really come out of nowhere.

It's disgusting, in my opinion. This goes for real life, too. Body-shaming isn't right in my book.
My apologies if I offend anyone with this.

last edited Vor mehr als einem Jahr
uploaded900 commented…
Yeah, one of the things that make my blood boil the most is the constant objectification of women, especially if its young girls! One of the reasons I don't really like Anime is because a lot of themes, young girls are sexualized for no reason, so I boycott anything with that. Isn't Sakura around 13? Also I actually hear people saying stuff IRL that if a girl has is "flat all over'', she can't get any guys and something I even hear girls says is stuff like, "She can't be that pretty! She has no but!" oder "she has no thickness.''Really? Objectifying your own selves, ladies? LOL since when did the size of someone's arsch equal how attractive they are. I guess with that logic, I'm don't have much value because of my chicken legs. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
MalloMar commented…
Well, their ages progress with the series. Part 1:12-13 Part 2: 15-17 Gaiden: about 30 years...Uh, anyway, Du sagte it! I don't really watch Anime either (Naruto isn't too bad, but it's had it's moments. I just Liebe the story line, characters, art style..). Body shape really shouldn't matter as long as you're healthy! I actually think I'd prefer to be less curvy. :) Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Vor mehr als einem Jahr uploaded900 said…
Malificent isn't that impressive of a villian tbh. Okay, so what if she caused a riot just because she wan't invited? Why does she even care so much about not being invited anyway? Would she even be so much of a bad ass if she couldn't transform into a dragon?I'll give her props for not having the power/money motive though.
MalloMar commented…
Pretty much what I think. I like the green flames and her character design, but her reasons for torturing these poor people is a bit lame (excluding the live action Maleficent). I do, however, think the hypnotizing scene is brilliantly done. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
AudreyFreak commented…
I agree. as much as SB impresses me she's the one part of it I just don't care about. I don't dislike her, but I think she's a bit overrated as a villain. she's pure dark evil and people find that cool. she's just Mehr of a symbol than a real character, which I think was actually sagte on the commentary. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Anastasia is an okay movie with great animation and songs, but the main reason I like watching it is because of Russian history and culture. I don't really care much for the characters (Yeah I know that has been said many times on this spot, but my main point here isn't to complain about the characters. Just having a different reason.)
MalloMar commented…
Is it because the Russian History is inaccurately portrayed, oder Du just flat out don't like it? Vor mehr als einem Jahr
MalloMar commented…
Also, once again, characters. Good movie otherwise. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Oh yes, me too. i Liebe whenever any movie references culture and history. Anastasia, Frozen, even the Lion King have elements of culture that I greatly enjoy seeing. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
I refuse to believe that Ariel is Danish, Rapunzel is German or whatever nationality people claim the classic DPs to be. In their movies it never mentions, where the setting takes place nor are there any cultural references. Just because Hans Christian Anderson was Danish doesn't mean Ariel is. Her place doesn't even look Scandinavian. Also the castle is based on somewhere in France I think. It's an ambiguous European setting! By that logic, Aladddin must be in China because it comes from an originally Chinese fairytale. I will believe Frozen takes place in Norway though because I see a lot of Scandinavian references in there.
MalloMar commented…
Yeah. People only say Ariel's Danish because H.C.A. was Danish. Rapunzel's clothes have a German look to them, but that doesn't Bestätigen it. People think Aschenputtel was set in France, and that's because Tremaine is a French name, as are the women's names mentioned at the ball. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
AudreyFreak commented…
Eric's palace is actually based on a Swiss castle, so there's that. I don't think your comparison with Aladin makes sense though. Aladin has nothing Chinese to it at all whereas Eric's kingdom does look like a mesh of European places, if vaguely. Agrabah is all India and Iran, no Eastern Asian influences there. but I agree, she's probably not Danish. I think people just like knowing where they're from, like myself. there's lots of hints in several movies. as for Frozen, ithe filmmakers were heavily inspired Von Norway so I think that's safe, sicher to say it is there. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
I like how Sebastian says "Ariel".
Arielle. :)
uploaded900 commented…
Me too! Vor mehr als einem Jahr
UnholyNoise commented…
sebastian was actually my Favorit character... he spoke a lot of sense. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Okay, I'm probably beating a dead horse here, but I just DO NOT GET why fandom tends to compete between female characters, and always go and be biased towards one group of female characters. It's often the same thing, the fandom going around making "articles" about who are the best female characters and as usual, they'll only talk positively about the "HUR DUR MAH STRONG UNEMOTIONAL TOMBOYS WHO KICK BUTT AND AREN'T LIKE THOSE LAME GIRLY GIRLS HERP DERP! THEY'RE WHAT A REAL WOMAN SHOULD BE!!!" Characters like Black Widow, Buttercup, Molly Grue or Ruki Makino get a lot of undeserved praise for doing very little in the story but always having a "sassy"/rude-bitchy attitude or being more tomboyish than the other female characters around them (Alright, Ruki and Widow DO stuff in the story, but I hate how abrasive their fans get and how often they shit on the girly characters like Wanda or Mimi just to make the previous two look better). It seems the more feminine or nice a female character is, the more hate she gets (I'm not talking about damsels in distress, if you're wondering).

Isn't it in a way misogynistic to idolize women who take on more masculine attitudes while dismissing traditionally feminine women? After all, the point of being feministic is allowing a woman to do what she wants to do, and accept any type of woman, right?

What is the most offensive is people going around saying "THIS IS WHAT WOMEN SHOULD BE. SUCH A ROLE MODEL!". You never see male characters going around with that "THIS IS WHAT MEN SHOULD BE" mentality.

I'm not saying we shouldn't have tomboy characters. They're interesting characters to handle and like i said, there's no wrong way of being a woman. What we DO need to drop is this competitive attitude that we give to female characters, and this harmful idea that femininity is somehow "stupid" or outdated.
For example, characters like Mulan are perfect. She's a bit of tomboy, but she's not dismissive of girly women (despite what Amy Webberson might say). Vor mehr als einem Jahr
KataraLover commented…
I agree with everything, except that I Liebe Black Widow and think there is Mehr to her than just being a badass. It shows why she's like this because she was raised to be a murderer. They even took away her ability to have children. But I digress. I think both groups can be annoying. The hardcore feminists that think women need to be stronger than men and not be girly at all and the traditionalists that think a woman shouldn't fight at all oder speak their mind but instead be delicate and obedient. For me, I like any kind of character as long as they're interesting and entertaining. There are characters that are girly that I like, damsels in distress that I like, tomboys that I like, and badasses that I like. It Mehr depends on their personality and how enjoyable they are. I hate when an entire group gets hated on Von the other because all of the groups have their bad characters but saying all of them are bad is being closed-minded and painting everything with a VERY broad brush. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Yes what UN said. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Vor mehr als einem Jahr UnholyNoise said…
I hate how most human characters look in CGI, they look like toys imo, like they're made out of wood or plastic.
cruella commented…
^Agreed. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
MalloMar commented…
^Yeah. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
I feel like like Im the only person here that cares about the female gaze. Theres WAYYYY too much male gaze everywhere. There needs to more stuff for the ladies to enjoy.
UnholyNoise commented…
hell yeah! i mean... very well then. :) Vor mehr als einem Jahr
AudreyFreak commented…
because either both are wrong oder neither should be. I dislike how much fanservice there is too but two wrongs don't make a right. besides, while there's not much female gaze in animation, there's plenty in live action stuff (especially superhero shows). Vor mehr als einem Jahr
uploaded900 commented…
^Well there at least should be a balance. I see male gaze in action movies, animation, video games, and everywhere. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
UnholyNoise commented…
^ very true Vor mehr als einem Jahr
I want When Marnie was There (Ghibli) to gain more recognition. It doesn't have to win awards and be as popular as The Lion King or even Spirited Away, I just want more people to watch it and make their own judgments. I understand that it's somewhat new and not easy to find online in good quality or with subtitles, I just hope it succeeds in the future. I am happy to say that most of the reviews I've seen are positive.
UnholyNoise commented…
Ah, I still need to see that one! Vor mehr als einem Jahr
I refuse to believe that Princess Jasmine is 15 years old. Honestly, I've only seen that stated on wiki pages and random people on the internet. Maybe if Disney confirmed it. I just think she looks and acts older than 15. Yeah, I get that it's not supposed to be realistic, but many of the other DPs (in my opinion anyway) for the most part look and act their stated ages.
KataraLover commented…
Technically she's 16 in the end. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
I always assumed she was 17/18...Her body doesn't even LOOK like a fifteen Jahr old's. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
UnholyNoise commented…
The only DPs who look age-appropriate are Snow and Merida, imo. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Vor mehr als einem Jahr KataraLover said…
I HATE the designs of the dragons in How To Train Your Dragons. The dragons don't look like freaking dragons! If I hear the whole "How can you say they don't looks like dragons when dragons don't exist," bull crap argument one more time I'm going to choke the hell out of them! Mermaids don't exist but I know what they're supposed to look like. These don't look like dragons, they look more like glorified, overgrown chameleons. Yes, they're "unique" designs but that doesn't mean they're not terrible designs. I hate how people think that just because someone is different and more unique from the "cookie cutter look" that it makes them appealing looking, even if they're horribly designed and unattractive (example, Meg from Hercules). If I had seen these dragons for the first time and no one told me they were dragons, I never in a million years would've guessed that they were dragons AT ALL and that thoughts would be COMPLETELY FAR AWAY from my mind. It's one of the reasons I hate the movie.
Toothless is kinda cute, but I always thought it was lame how all the other Drachen looked ugly and sorta the same. it seemed unfair that only the protagonist got the pretty, "unique-looking" dragon. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
And tbh it's okay for Drachen to vary in looks, since it imittates real life. There's a mythology of Drachen in almost every culture, and almost in all of them they look different. Would Du say the chinese Drachen aren't "real" Drachen just because they don't resemble the european ones? Not to mention other types of Drachen out there... Vor mehr als einem Jahr
KataraLover commented…
Chinese Drachen are one of the Drachen I think of with traditional dragons. Varying in looks is one think but these Drachen are the farthest thing from dragons. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
UnholyNoise commented…
CGI creatures and and CGI people are almost universally creepy-looking to me. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
I prefer Odette over Anastasia
UnholyNoise commented…
So do i! I think her personality is Mehr original tbh. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
cruella commented…
Me too. As Du know, I'm not a big Fan of Anastasia but I Liebe Odette. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
MalloMar commented…
I prefer Odette. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
AdelitaI commented…
Me too, Vor mehr als einem Jahr
I've probably already said this but I don't care, I'll say it anyway lol. I think that The Swan Princess is objectively a good movie. Yes, there are things that aren't logical in it but that's because it's a story that relies more on emotion than logic, like a true fairy-tale does. Most of the "plot-holes" in this movie were in the original Swan Lake, so blame the original source material. I love the characters, the animation is beautiful (especially considering what a small budget it had), the romance is amazing (if you wanna see me defend it, go look at my Sleeping Beauty vs The Swan Princess article), the villain is great, and the music is phenomenal and memorable. I'm not just saying I think it's objectively good just because of my nostalgia for it because there are things from my childhood that I loved as a kid and now don't think are objectively good (whether or not I still like them or if I dislike them now). I mean the Sam Raimi Spider-man movies, the Tom and Jerry Movie, Cinderella 2, Belle's Magical World, Atlantis 2, Hercules, Sharkboy and Lavagirl, Power Rangers: The Movie, Pokemon: The First Movie, Shrek The Third, The Hunchback of Notre Dame 2, The Fox and The Hound 2, Tarzan 2, The Pebble and The Penguin, The Little Mermaid 2, Mulan 2, Hey Arnold: The Movie, The Rugrats Go Wild, All Dogs Go To Heaven 2, and All Dogs Go To Heaven Christmas Carol are examples of movies that I know aren't objectively good movies that are from my childhood (some I still like and enjoy and others not so much). The Swan Princess was a huge part of my childhood but so were a lot of these movies. I try not to let nostalgia come into a factor when I decide if a movie is objectively good and I still can say that I think The Swan Princess is objectively a genuinely good movie but that's just me.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr cruella said…
I hate when people act like a favorite character of theirs' has no flaws and is some kind of saint, or justify their actions when their obviously doing something wrong. IMO that's not really being a fan of a character, that's turning a character into what you want them to be. Becuase the whole point of loving a character is to like them as is, flaws and all, and like pretty much everything about them. Plus I personally think flaws add depth to a character and make them a lot more human and relatable, and with out them a character is kind of boring, which is something that they don't take into consideration.
KataraLover commented…
I completely agree! While certain flaws do turn me off with some characters, I do think that flawed characters are amazing characters. Their flaws make me Liebe them Mehr because it makes them Mehr human. I hate how people act like a character is better than what they actually are, like they're a flawless god oder goddess oder something. It's annoying! I also try not to make characters I hate look worse than they actually are, although considering my least Favorit fictional character is a tie between Bella schwan and Edward Cullen from Twilight, I don't have to worry about people disagreeing with me on how horrible they are. Sorry, I digress. I definitely agree with you! I prefer Mehr realistic characters and that's one of the reasons I prefer someone like Anastasia Tremaine to Aschenputtel (though I still Liebe Cinderella). Vor mehr als einem Jahr
UnholyNoise commented…
I think it's very rare that any character lacks flaws, at least those with Mehr than a few Minuten of screen time oder whatever. Like I can take my Liste of Favoriten and come up with at least a few things that each of them screwed up, things they cold have done better. oder even if they were objectively "right" in doing what they did, it often results in negative consequences somewhere down the line. People who like to pretend their Favoriten have no flaws usually aren't looking hard enough imo. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
AudreyFreak commented…
everyone is protective of their favorites, but I wish people would realize Du can't defend your character from Mary Sue accusations Von naming their flaws while at the same time getting mad when other people also point out their negative qualities. I see this happen a lot with certain female characters' fans. also, while I'm tired of using the Bella schwan example, it's a good one. everyone agrees she has negative traits so logically she can't be a Mary Sue. but she IS because simply having flaws doesn't stop a character from being a Sue/Stu. not portraying flaws as actual flaws is what makes one. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Vor mehr als einem Jahr AudreyFreak said…
Everyone seems to love Beatrice and ships her with Wirt from Over the Garden Wall but I'm sorry, they had no romantic chemistry at all. Plus Wirt only saw her real form for a few minutes at best- he knew her as a bluebird for the majority of their time together. how could he have gotten a crush on her? She also seems older and definitely appears to view him in a little brother way. now, while she's a very good character, I still prefer Lorna (I'm sure you're all surprised) and I shipped her so hard with Wirt. They're so alike! It was very refreshing from the usual "they hate each other, now they love each other" ships we get. It felt like a punch to the heart when she didn't go with Wirt. I get she would've probably gotten in the way of the climactic ending but still. anyway, seeing more characters like her would be nice in fiction.
I don't get people who unironically do the Draco in Leather Pants thing. Liking villains is cool, no problem, but what appeal is there to turn a villain into an "innocent" softie, and remove any crimes he's done with excuses like "well he was possessed! he didn't know! it's all his dad's fault, he was abusive!"? I mean, come on, leave him as the evil asshole he is, we love him that way. (The Loki fandom is so guilty of these things, and they were always complaining about Thor abusing Loki, and Loki not appearing in every Marvel movie...it was a chore dealing with them back in the day). I'll admit, I do love me some male villains here and there (:)), but I just never understood the point of massively changing their personalities to that of a doomed romantic lover or erasing all of their flaws/the crimes they've done. It's just much more engaging to have a jerk doing jerky things, admitting them, and then doing different things. Makes the character more complex to me.
cruella commented…
I don't agree with excusing the bad deeds of a character (rather they're a hero, villain oder anti-hero), but I do think that knowing why a villain behaves the way he/she does gives them depth. And it's a lot Mehr interesting than them just being evil, for no reason. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
AudreyFreak commented…
oh geez. Like Joker fangirls. oder Khal Drogo ones who find what he had with Dany romantic. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
UnholyNoise commented…
Oh god, it bugs the hell out of me when people do this... Hans from Frozen has a huge contingent of fangirls whitewashing his attempted murders of both Anna and Elsa because of the throwaway line in the begining about how Hans' 12 brothers literally pretended he didn't exist growing up, and he's was so traumatized and messed up Von it... and they will get really defensive and angry about it when Du call them out. Some of my mutuals on tumblr have gotten actual death threats over it and it's sooooo stupid omg.... Vor mehr als einem Jahr
I actaully like Mickey Mouse a lot more than Bugs Bunny. To me Mickey's a lot more interesting, and more like a person I can relate to, even if he does live in a cartoon universe. Bugs just always came across as either boring and/or annoying to me, and a little too weird.
uploaded900 commented…
I like weird Vor mehr als einem Jahr
MalloMar commented…
I like both. I know, I've become extremely predictable. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
cruella commented…
^There are a lot of them that I'm not crazy about. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Vor mehr als einem Jahr LibelluleBleu said…
It's actually quite sad to say for a show so much loved for it's "gayness" , but the best and the healthiest couples of SU are the heterosexual ones (RosexGreg and StevenxConnie). Among the "popular" gay ships, RosexPearl is one-sided,PearlxAmethyst makes no sense, JapserxLapis and PeridotxJasper are abusive, heck, even the oh-so-popular RubyxSapphire, is not that great (this post explains it well : link )
ajotma commented…
Steven x Connie is my Favorit ship :) The only gay ship I feel makes sense is Ruby x Sapphire. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Dunno Lars and Sadie seemed pretty toxic a relationship, but yeah I can see what you're saying. And nobody really wants to call this out because they fear being called "homophobic". Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Vor mehr als einem Jahr ajotma said…
I don't really ship Chel with Tulio. I sorta like her as a character because she seems interesting and complex (wish they'd given her more background) and she's amusing. However, it seemed like Chel and Tulio's relationship was thrown in to avoid the gay subtext of Miguel and Tulio, adding a heterosexual romance. Even though it seems Chel "gets in the way" of Miguel and Tulio's friendship and relationship, I still like her. Her relationship with Tulio seems based on lust and manipulation, maybe, more than actual trust, and it seemed rushed.
UnholyNoise commented…
Awww, Chulio is actually growing on me. (Migulio will always be my all-time OTP though) It does bug me that Chel's mostly there to break up the very obvious gay tension between Miguel and Tulio, but Chel and Tulio do have a lot of sweet moments together. They bring out good things in each other (minus Tulio totally backstabbing Miguel lmao)... he really does put her wants first, and actually, he makes Chel a better person than she might be otherwise: like at the end, when they sacrifice all the Gold in their boot for a chance to save the city, Chel seems to be on board with the plan Mehr out of loyalty to Tulio than because it was the right thing to do. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
ajotma commented…
I'm kinda torn between liking and disliking Chel honestly, and what Tulio (and Chel, considering she convinced Miguel to leave so she could get nasty with Tulio) did to Miguel was a douche move. Because there's not much background on Chel, it seems really likely that she was using Tulio for sex oder a way out. Kinda manipulated him against his partner, which I consider a douche Bewegen also. Like, if the original plan for the movie actually happened and Miguel and Tulio were a couple, would Chel even be there? She seems like a general "straight Liebe interest" and somehow it's okay for a sexual relationship to be shown between a man and a woman but GOD FORBID two male characters are IN LOVE. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
UnholyNoise commented…
Yeah, I'd prefer it if Chel wasn't in the movie at all - I like her as a character, but her reason for being there, and the message it sends - hypersexualized native woman breaking up partners to scam her way out of town is Mehr acceptable in a dreamworks film than a gay couple (omg! will nobody think of the children?!!1!) -- leaves such a bad taste in my mouth. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Bugs Bunny has more depth to him than people give him credit for. I mean, he willingly saved Hanzel and Gretel from being fattened up and eaten by Witch Hazel. He had nothing to gain from it and just did it out of the goodness in his heart, plus he ended up almost getting eaten himself. Plus in a military episode where they drew strings to decide who would do a dangerous mission, Porky has the longest one and has to do it. Bugs knock's Porky out, so he can take his mission instead because Porky had a wife and six piglets at home. Plus when he saved that hyperactive and fast talking little rabbit from the mountain lion was adorable. Plus when he helped that little penguin get home, even though it turns out it was the wrong home lol. I get that he's not a character for everyone, but I think he has more depth to him than people give him credit for.
cruella commented…
I do think he has depth to him, his personality is just way too over the oben, nach oben for me. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Maleficent x Chernabog is the best Maleficent ship. Though her and the Horned King are cute, I much prefer him with someone like Aurora or Amalthea (yeah, it's kinda creepy and gross, but i love that "Death and the Maiden" aesthetic). I never liked Maleficent x Hades or Maleficent x Jafar. Also, is it just me, or does Disney LOOVE pairing up Maleficent? She got lots of ship tease moments with three different villains...Hmm...
I don't understand the trend of shipping the hero/heroine with his/her villain/villainess. But a lot of fans seem to love to do that. I mean why would and hero date a villain? Did the hero go bad or the villain reform? It's just never made any sense to me. Some examples of popular ones are; Jasmine x Jafar, Roger x Cruella, Batman x Poison Ivy, and Scrooge x Magica DeSpell; I'm always seeing fan art of these pairs.
There's this element of taboo that makes it exciting for some of us. Sometimes good/good pairings are a little...well...boring, so I think most Fans like these ships for the dangerous aspect of it. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
AudreyFreak commented…
^this. plus it's sometimes they just balance each other well. and sometimes it's just Fantasy escapism where we pair our favorite/the one we're most like with a villain we find hot. though that's usually just Loki fangirls. ;) Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Exactly, as Audrey said, there's this whole theme of Beauty and the Beast, Yin-Yang in these couples that they just work well. And IN OUR DEFENSE: we admit our Favorit villains do bad things, unlike the Loki fandom that excuses everything he does....But at the end of the Tag it's just fantasy. And many beliebt pairings have come out of this pair. Think Kiara and Kovu, oder Batman and Catwoman. It works. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
ajotma commented…
Sometimes I feel like part of the reason is the idea of redemption: we want to believe that a bad character can change through Liebe oder something Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Vor mehr als einem Jahr ajotma said…
(I feel like I confessed something similar to this before (( about Atlantis )) )

I wish there were more body/ethnic diversity in Disney movies, especially with women. The renaissance heroines like Ariel, Jasmine, and Megara have these really slim waists, and for Rapunzel, Elsa, and Anna, their heads all seem to be bigger than their waists, and their eyes take up half their face. Furthermore, 9 out of 13 (including Elsa and Anna) of the Disney princesses are white, and the Princesses of Color are each a different race from each other. That's why I'm excited for Moana.
I think the movie that has been the best for diverse characters is Atlantis: Dr. Sweet is black/Native American, Audrey is Hispanic, the Atlanteans are people of color; and all four (!) female characters have different body types. Big Hero 6 has also been pretty good. Honey Lemon and Gogo both have very different body types.
I also wish there were more heroes who are men of color in Disney films. I can only think of Aladdin, Shang, Hiro, Tadashi, Naveen (possibly), Kuzco, Kenai, and Mowgli. (Well, there are some side characters too, like Wasabi and Sweet)
UnholyNoise commented…
I just had a discussion about this on tumblr recently -- however progressive Disney is in other areas (foregrounding its women, etc), they totally fail in body/facial/height variation. Dreamworks handles it better -- oder at least they used to (most of their 3D canon is dead to me tbh). There's Mehr facial/body variation among the women in Dreamworks 2D canon (which is like 4 films) than there was in a decade of Disney movies. (The other Tag some Disney geek on tumblr tried to use The Prince of Egypt as an example of Dreamworks samefacing its women and I nearly died laughing.) Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Ok, as a person of color (Mizrahi/Ashkenazi Jewish) I get the importance of representation in media - in this case animation - and I try to practice what I preach.. you know, not whitewashing gifsets with PoC in them, and whatever. But I personally don't feel that every single character of color needs to be voiced by a PoC, or that PoC need to voice only characters of color (Walt Disney Confessions Rage on tumblr was trying to drag Aunt Cass from BH6 because she's a white character being voiced by a black actress, and somehow making Aunt Cass white is "erasure" to her voice actress... even though the character was created before her voice was chosen! Ugh...). I mean, it sucks that casting usually defaults to white actors and tends to reach out to PoC to add some exotic-ness (is that a word?) to the cast

But honestly? It doesn't really bother me, for example, that most of the voice actors in The Prince of Egypt are white, I thought they were all really well chosen for the characters they were playing. What mattered to me as a kid, and what still matters to me now, was seeing characters who looked like me for once... the dark skin and the curly hair and the noses. The background of the voice actors, whom you never even see in the movie anyway, doesn't really subtract from that experience for me.
uploaded900 commented…
Agreed! The race of the VA isn't relevant to me no matter what race the character is. I do like that Disney characters' VA match the race of the ir respective characters though. (Most of the time) Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Aunt Cass's voice actress is white... Vor mehr als einem Jahr
AudreyFreak commented…
she is? isn't Maya's mom black? oder her dad, I forget. she's also part Jewish, I think. not that it matters though- if anything you'd think they'd be happy a nonwhite actor is getting a role but whatever. I hate that blog, they're a good example of what's wrong with the Disney fandom. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
MalloMar commented…
Completely agree. I don't think the actors have to be the same race/nationality as the character they play. Lame example, but no one is annoyed Von the fact that Mickey maus isn't voiced Von a mouse. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
I know this is gonna cause some hell and back, but I don't really like the term "POC". It just feels rather racist and dehumanizing. Not to mention very ignorant to lump all people, races and cultures into one term. And of course, it causes a fraction of "us vs them" mentality against the whites, which I'm not in favor either.
UnholyNoise commented…
Personally I don't mind it, I refer to myself as a person of color, it doesn't feel any Mehr exclusionary to me than right-handed excludes me cause I'm a lefty. It is a very North American/US-centric term though, and people here have a tendency to shove the rest of the world into a White/PoC binary, not realizing that groups like Jews and Latinxs kinda defy easy categorizing... if that makes sense. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Yeah, like Latinos come in all colors, and it's very ignorant to assume they all belong in the same spectrum (funny enough never got the "latinx" bit,...Maybe because in the Spanish language the "o" at the end is already gender-neutral in these cases, and there's this thing that in our ears it just doesn't sound as good...) And yeah in other places of the world the dichotomy is much different imo. Like in Europe people mostly refer to themselves being simply French oder Spanish over anything else. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Derek from The Swan Princess isn't as bad as people make him out to be. I mean, he says "What else is there?" and quickly admits that it was stupid afterwards. He just didn't know what else to say because he wasn't good with words. A lot of guys aren't great with words and explaining emotional things. How is it when a female character is like this they are considered to be complicated or whatever, but if a guy is like this they are considered a jerk? Yes, there is the ugly duckling line, but two minor moments doesn't make him a jerk. Dimitri and Tony Starks are MUCH bigger jerks than Derek and they seem to be universally loved for goodness knows what reason.
I think people like Tony Stark because he's "funny", and nowadays are obsessed with "funny" Heroes oder something. Only Heroes though, normally they don't stand something like Disney sidekicks. I wonder if this "funny" obsession has appeared due to audiences getting bored of Arnold Schwartznegger-like heroes, Du know, those stoic silent Heroes and all that... Vor mehr als einem Jahr
MalloMar commented…
Not going to lie, that Derek line always makes me laugh (maybe I shouldn't). Maybe it's the delivery? Anyway, he's not a bad character. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
cruella commented…
Yeah, I've never gotten the big deal about those two minor lines. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
I really don't get why people think Esmeralda and Pocahontas are sexualized. This is coming from a girl that gets offended when female characters are sexualized btw. Why just because they have big boobs? With Pocahontas, her dress is relatively shot, but its modest compared to what the women of her tribe actually wore IRL. She doesn't even act sexual or have fanservicey moments! With Esmeralda, I really don't see how she's sexual. That pole dancing scene wasn't really stripper like and that red dress wasn't really "skimpy", just a bit tight. I think Jasmine is more sexualized than them and she's a teen! I still like her though (She's actually been growing on me. One of the few sexualized females I like). Meg is more sexualized then them too.
AudreyFreak commented…
Pocahontas, yeah. I guess it's Mehr because she's very womanly-looking and wears sort of a minidress. but she acts Mehr like a 15 Jahr old so it's hard to think of her as a woman oder sexy, to me. But Esmeralda makes a living off her sexuality. I'd definitely call her sexualized- they drew her always with cleavage showing, wearing tight clothes, flirting with men and even dancing on a pole. but if not for the pole scene, I doubt she would get this accusation as much. I agree about Jas and Meg too. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
ajotma commented…
Yeah, and people complain that only POC characters are sexualized, oder that all of the POC heroines are... Mulan, Nani, Kida, Tiana really weren't sexualized... Vor mehr als einem Jahr
I don't think Prince Charming, from Cinderella, was all that rude, when he yawned and rolled his eyes at girls at the ball. I mean the ball was something he had no interest in, that was forced on him by his father, and all he could was stand there bowing to girls that didn't interest him. So it's likely he'd be really bored. To me the yawn and eye roll doesn't make him awful, it just makes him human.
KataraLover commented…
Yeah, plus it's not like he was able to talk to them. All he could do was bow to them. Of course he would be bored. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
AudreyFreak commented…
agreed. people exaggerate when they dislike a character. compare him to what jasmin did to her own suitors: snubbed them, sicced her tiger on them, embarrassed them, physically attacked Aladin and told him to go die. However, people consider her independent and strong for this while Charming is a conceited jerk. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Vor mehr als einem Jahr AudreyFreak said…
I really hope Alex Hirsch stops treating Mabel Pines (on Gravity Falls) as his Creator's Pet and lets Dipper call her out on her behavior the past 2 seasons. Selfishness, irrationality and impulsiveness would be fine, realistic flaws IF he would just treat them as such! instead Mabel generally gets away with everything while Dipper takes the blame (even when it isn't his fault). and of course the fandom defends everything she does, which drives me crazy. it's impossible to have a reasonable discussion about it, especially the rift incident, on tumblr or reddit without them going into Hyperdefensive Mode. It's like it's OK for Dipper, Stan, Pacifica, Robbie, and Ford to be wrong/jerks, but Mabel isn't.
She's basically the Lisa Simpson of GF, where everything must go the way she wants. I'm still pissed at the fact that Alex Hirsh suggested The Last Unicorn to be a slut-shaming movie and then called Amalthea a "bitch": Oy, so much for "feminism", Alex. I guess respecting female characters should only be done to the girls Du like, Wendy and Mabel? Vor mehr als einem Jahr
AudreyFreak commented…
yeah, and while the Zeigen has gotten praise for letting Mabel be unapologetically girly and not pitting her and Wendy (a tomboy) against each other as many shows do, he still seems to have a feminine ideal. haha, I wasn't sure if I found the right Kommentar Du mentioned but awhile back I made a passive aggressive remark to him on twitter. he called Amalthea arrogant and I sagte I liked that she was because *some* people don't let female characters ever be flawed oder wrong. normally he's great with making flawed characters but he's one of those guys that overidealizes his Favorit girls. meanwhile, Pacifica is the only one who's allowed to have truly negative qualities, and it's only when Mabel starts to win her over does she become redeemed. I get Mabel is based on his sister but geez. if anything Dipper is the pure-hearted one for doing so much for Mabel. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Everyone seems to get it for Amalthea...Either most of Fanpop finds her boring, Alex finds her an arrogant bitch, and tumblr dislikes her for being girly and falling in love...She can't win...Oy. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Not necessarily unpopular, but it's something that really bugs me. It doesn't make any sense that some adult fans get pissed when people say ''animations just for kids'' or ''you must be a manchild for watching cartoons'', but think having more animated shows/movies with a more mature rating would be too inappropriate or whatever.
yeah I don't get that either. You're not considered a very mature person if you're an adult but only like watching Rugrats, sugar. It's just typical manchild behavior, imo, since they usually just consume media that is for a younger audience. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
And yeah i know it's weird that this comes off from me, since i do like a few childish cartoons, but like, i don't try to paint myself off as some sort of "Intelectual": and i also enjoy adult media, unlike these cartoon fanboys, so yeah. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Dunno...Don't have a problem with sexy art/porn in general but when it's based on cartoon/kid's media character it really unsettles me. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
I can't stand the Looney Tunes, myself. I find them to be a bunch of unfunny, predictable hacks whose jokes get old and their characters have no warmth or charm to them. Plus, it irks me how people defend them when folks make a "Top 10 old racist cartoons" list, and these people will slam at Disney/Tom and Jerry for being racist/sexist, declaring them to be evil and satanic, but the Looney Tunes just get a slap on the wrist, despite the fact that their old cartoons showed as much racism/sexism as possible, perhaps even more than other animation companies. But people are always "Oh that was just a thing of the past! Everybody back then was like that! Plus Bugs is so charming!!!"

Ugh, f*** Bugs Bunny.
cruella commented…
I've personally never cared much for the Looney Tunes either. To me thier personalities are all WAY over the top, and a lot of the Cartoons are kinda mean spirited. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
UnholyNoise commented…
I'm not too knowledgeable about them oder their fanbase, I just never really cared for the humor tbh... probably because i hate slapstick. and that seems to me to be their most common gimmick for getting laughs. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
AudreyFreak commented…
well, Du have to consider how groundbreaking the shows were back in the Tag for comedy and animation. personally I Liebe most of them (not the 70s ones as much, but any of those opera ones I love). Though I agree on Bugs. He falls under Designated Hero so hard. It just made me like Daffy better, just like Tweety and Jerry made me like Sylvester and Tom more. Bugs is just mean for little reason sometimes, although he is funny I have to admit. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
MalloMar commented…
^Exactly that. I enjoy most older animated shows, but I've often preferred Sylvester and Tom to Jerry/Tweety. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
To talk of another thing...I don't get much of the appeal of Scooby Doo. I mean, i guess I liked it as a kid, but now it's just really kitsch and cheesy to me. I don't get how popular it is, what with getting reboots and remakes and spin-offs almost every year. Scooby Doo is THAT well-liked?
MalloMar commented…
Same here. It's alright. My friend is crazy for it. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
AudreyFreak commented…
I think kids just like talking animals. that company (Warner Bros? I don't know) knows how to sell that as well as Disney. I do like some of the Filme though but yeah, it's just ridiculous how many sequels, reboots, and remakes it gets, worse than The Land Before Time. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
I don't think that just because a character is a bully that it makes them automatically bad. Don't get me wrong, I hate bullying, I've been bullied, and my number 1 WORST cliche is the one-dimensional bully. However, I do think that a bully can be given depth and have layers to them. I mean, Helga Pataki is a bully, but she has A LOT of depth to her. She is the way she is because she was made fun of when she showed feelings by her peers and didn't want to be made fun of. Plus her parents ignored her, favored her sister, her dad is an abusive hothead, and her mom is an alcoholic. That's a lot for anyone to handle, especially a 9-year-old girl. She even had to walk herself to school when she was 3 years old to preschool in the rain where she got covered in mud and her lunch was stolen by a mean ole dog. But she has a lot of depth to her. In one of my favorite episodes of Hey Arnold EVER, she wanted a pair of snow boots for Christmas and got them. However, she finds out that Arnold needs those same snow boots in order to find Mr. Hyunh's daughter that he had to give away to save her from a war in their country. She selflessly gave them up in secret to help Arnold reunite Mr. Hyunh with his daughter and didn't try to get anything out of it. Hey Arnold even has some other bullies like Harold, Torvalt, and Stoopkid that have a lot of depth to them. It does have some one-dimensional bullies, but the ones with depth balance it out. But I'll get into that in my video about my thoughts on Nickelodeon FINALLY doing The Jungle Movie and a reboot of the show.
Ariel was NOT a victim of abuse! I hate when Ariel is demonized, but I also hate when people demonize King Triton. He wasn't sexist towards her or really mean, he acted like a real parent. I saw nothing about him that was sexist. He doesn't hit her, insult her, or anything of any kind of abuse. He just wanted to protect his daughter because he loves her. One of the reasons I love The Little Mermaid so much is because it shows that, while both Ariel and Triton have different views, both also have good intentions, but go about it the wrong way. Triton wants to protect his daughter but does drive her away and let his temper get the best of him. Ariel wants to prove that not all humans are evil and to be part of their world, but no one was forcing her to go to Ursula. They were both at fault with the events that happened in the movie, but in the end, they do end up understanding each other. There is a lot of obvious love between them and they do truly care about each other. It drives me nuts how people find one to basically be an evil monster and yet excuse the other one as guiltless.
cruella commented…
I completely agree. I'm personally Mehr of Triton fan, but a big reason I Liebe him is because he's a flawed character who develops, and that's also what makes Ariel a good character. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
UnholyNoise commented…
Yes, this! Vor mehr als einem Jahr
I hate how people like its big sin to not like any female characters. So what if I don't like any female characters from a certain movies, series, or franchise. I don't care if their the representation for the girls or strong female characters in a series, if their uninteresting or lame they won't appeal to me. There are some series where I just find the female characters boring like I really don't care for any of the female characters in Seraph of the End and some others I can't think of. A character's gender's shouldn't influence your likability for them and there actually people on here and tumblr who are like that. I have a good balance of both genders as my favorites.
Oh god yeah, that's my main problem. Du can't even say Du dislike one female character on tumblr without getting ripped to shreds, even if she's the most boring, obnoxious character ever. Those photosets that are all "ALL FEMALE CHARACTERS ARE AWESOME YES oder YES" always make me roll my eyes. Like, a poor character is a poor character, that's a fact. And not everybody has to like everybody. In fact it seems like an exhausting chore to like EVERY single character out there. What happened to having our favorites? Blegh. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Speaking as a fan of Phineas and Ferb I've never understood why Isabella is popular. I'm mean she's really nothing more than a one dimensional, boy crazy, piece of arm candy for Phineas. Especially when you consider that everything she does is to impress him rather it's trying one his inventions, earning merit badges, or saving the day.
ajotma commented…
I don't really like her. I find her somewhat annoying. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
KataraLover commented…
I can't stand Isabella! I have no idea why she's popular! She's one-dimensional and has no identity outside of wanting to be with Phineas. She helps them just to be with him, she shows her badges to impress him, and everything she does revolves around him. The badges she earns are excuses to be with Phineas, without thinking of her troops needs. Some of them had already earn Mehr than one "Help thy neighbor badge" from Isabella having them help her to help Phineas and likely need other badges. She even sagte he's the one thing she lives for. She is absolutely pathetic and desperate for Phineas, who isn't even appealing. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
KataraLover commented…
I mean, Candace stalks Jeremy and is obsessed with him, but he's one of the few people who doesn't think she's crazy oder a liar, unlike her mother, so it's understandable why she's obsessed with him. She doesn't want to lose him because unlike a lot of the people on the show, actually treats her like a person with kindness and respect. She tries to change for him, but he doesn't want to change a thing about her because he loves her exactly the way she is. Her imperfections that she wants to fix for him are what he thinks makes her perfect. Candace has goals and interests outside of Jeremy and even outside of wanting to bust her brothers. Isabella is like the new Lola Bunny, only not as insane, but just as one-dimensional with no identity outside of wanting to be with a man. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Rapunzel is cute and charming in her own way, but she really isn't that good looking. Her eyes bug me, has a huge head, and she was designed to be more cute than beautiful.
AudreyFreak commented…
agreed. objectively fair-looking (good skin, white teeth, long lashes, etc.) but I never liked the baby-faced look much. that's why I don't see Anna, Elsa, Honey oder Moana as being her "clones"- they all have Mehr mature and different features. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
MalloMar commented…
Pretty much. She has some lovely shots at times, but she's mostly cute. I actually like her appearance, but I don't find her super 'attractive' if that makes sense. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
UnholyNoise commented…
Rapunzel is cute, nothing special imo. But baby!Rapunzel weirds me out big time. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
I don't think that the new Lola Bunny has more personality than the original Space Jam Lola Bunny. I've heard people here on Fanpop don't like the Looney Tunes because their personalities are too over-the-top and all over the place. While I do see that to an extent, I still love them. However, the new Lola is all of that but taken to a maximum level. She has absolutely no identity outside of being a crazy stalker (with a brain smaller than a speck of dust) and Bugs' girlfriend. Yes, the original Lola was created to be Bugs' girlfriend, but she had more to her. She was smart, strong, competent, independent, kind, caring, sweet, feisty, a no-nonsense person, sassy, athletic, badass, and was a tomboy but was also feminine and unlike a lot of other tomboys didn't write off girly stuff as weak. Is her personality well-developed? No, but she was at least two-dimensional and was intended to be a good role model for girls and give them someone to look up to, especially since none of the Looney Tunes were really good role models. In the comics, she definitely was three-dimensional and was unique among the Looney Tunes. She was still looney, but was also competent and a good role model with a personality that wasn't all over the place. Plus I love how she was able to put Bugs in his place when he got overly-confident. The new Lola was just insulting writing and a HUGE step back for Lola. She was like a mixture of Isabella from Phineas & Ferb and Lena Hyena from Who Framed Roger Rabbit. One-dimensional and no identity outside of being man crazy. How ironic that a character with less then five minutes of screentime had more depth and personality to her than a character in a TV series with MUCH MORE screentime.

I really hope I don't get bashed for this like I did almost a year ago when I was obsessing over Lola Bunny. I'm really not in the mood to be in a fight, especially during my favorite time of the year.
I personally don't care whether a character is multifaceted or developed or whatever, and i don't really factor it into what draws me to anyone. And i think it's sort of become this way of separating good characters from bad ones, and i think that's kind of simplistic - there are a lot of less developed characters i love, and layered characters that i hate or don't consider "good" characters. All I care about is how convincing they are and whether they pull me into the story.
KataraLover commented…
Yeah, I've definitely been there. I mean, in the confession above I defended the Weltraum marmelade version of Lola, who is definitely not that well-developed a character, but is enjoyable. I have a headache right now, so I can't name that many off the oben, nach oben of my head. However, if a character is so undeveloped that there isn't much to them, I'm not gonna like them. However, Merida is a three-dimensional character that I can't stand. So I definitely understand where you're coming from and I do agree to an extent. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
So many people like to act like they're Roger Ebert, and are always all "muh complex characters, muh smart movies!!!" Vor mehr als einem Jahr
MalloMar commented…
Same. My Favorit characters are a mixed bag. Sometimes, I can't quite pinpoint why I like specific characters so much. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
I like it better when the heroines have narrower eyes than the heroes (unless she's silly, immature, or cutesy than it's understandable, like say Anna, but seriously I feel like I'm the only one that likes this.) I think it would make more sense if Elsa and Tiana had narrow eyes (just to name a few). I also think there should be more female characters (that aren't considered ugly) with more prominent noses, or at least not the small button nose. I'm not talking about a huge ass nose, just a bigger one. I sometimes draw cute,small noses too, but drawing the same old big eyes/small nose cookie cutter look is boring. I like drawing different noses. Also as someone with a somewhat wider nose, I used to feel self conscious about it because bigger noses = ugly to a lot of people. I see Jasmine getting a lot of criticism for having a different nose, but I think it's cool and it seems like some shallow asses are saying you need to have a small nose to be considered attractive.
MalloMar commented…
I agree. I think jasmin wouldn't look quite as attractive with a different nose. I've always liked it. I like smaller eyes on a heroine as well, but for me, it's Mehr about the shape of the eyes. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
UnholyNoise commented…
I think this is why I always preferred the designs of Dreamworks' hand-drawn ladies over Disney's - the eyes and noses are a bit Mehr interesting. and I think it's also why CGI character designs bug me so much. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Personally I like how in Anime they use tsurime-eyes to contrast Mehr mature characters from the Mehr childish ones. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
I care more about the stuff I watched as I got older than stuff I watched as a kid. The only TV show I watched as a kid that still has a special place in my heart is Xiaolin Showdown. I just don't really pay attention to what kids watch nowadays. If I do know about some it's because it's all over tumblr or something. (Which made me finally give in into watching SU)I know most Avatar fans watched it as kids, but I didn't watch it until I was 16. Also I know what I'm going to say is really dumb, but I also didn't want to watch it as a kid because it looked like an anime (even though it's not) and I didn't want to watch anime stuff. (Yet I liked Yu-Gi-Oh and Mew Mew Power. Probably I was too young to know they were anime?) (Also speaking of anime it wasn't until las year that I started giving it a chance) It's a good thing I finally started watching it because it's one of the best animated shows I've ever seen and it appeals to all age groups! Another thing, if I were to write and animate shows, I'd do animated shows for an adult audience because there isn't a variety of many western animated shows for adults as there are for kids. Also whenever I try to do family friendly stuff it ends up being half assed. I'm probably just rambling on about nonsense here.
I honestly mostly care about cartoons that I watched when i was young, aside from a few exceptions i care very little about modern cartoons that everyone obsesses over. Maybe I'm just getting old, but...(talking about all ages/kids' cartoons, since i do like different anime and movies and adult cartoons. It's stuff like Adventure Time or Steven Universe that i just can't get into).
I don't think Merida is all that attractive. I know a lot of people will say that's not unpopular, but it seems to be pretty popular here on Fanpop that's beautiful. Her hair is GORGEOUS and she has the most beautiful hair out of all the Disney Princesses in my opinion, plus she has a good and realistic body, but that's it. She's literally baby-faced, I don't mean baby-face as in young looking, I mean her face actually looks like it belongs to a 2-6-month-old baby. She's cute, but she's nothing special looking and definitely the least attractive of all the Disney Princesses. She may look unique but that doesn't mean she's beautiful just because she doesn't look like the typical beautiful girl. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but she looks like a baby that had it's face attached a grown up body. If it wasn't for her hair I don't think people would find her very attractive, I mean, just look at this picture of her I screencaped of her when the animators were constructing her.
 I don't think Merida is all that attractive. I know a lot of people will say that's not unpopular, bu
UnholyNoise commented…
I think she looks great, personally - she actually looks like she's 16, as opposed to some of the other characters. (*cough* Aurora... yeah, she's 16 and I'm the Lost princess Anastasia.) I dont see why hair should count for less than other features when we're talking about how attractive someone is. A lot of conventionally attractive ladies couldn't pull off the bald look, either. For what it's worth, I've literally never seen her do well in a beauty poll, especially stacked up against other DPs. I think it's a much Mehr unpopular opinion to feel that she's super attractive oder something. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
misscindyspice commented…
She still looks gorgeous without her hair, imo. And thinking that Mer is beautiful is a really unpopular opinion, I'm like the only person I know who has her at first, and most people have her in their bottom three. So I respectfully disagree, because, no, she is not "definitely the least attractive of the Disney Princesses" , she is actually quite pretty to some people. Basically I just agree with UnholyNoise lmao Vor mehr als einem Jahr
KataraLover commented…
And yet so far the only ones commenting on my confessions are the ones that prefer the unconventional looking females and are getting likes, while my confession has none. Coincidence? Vor mehr als einem Jahr
cruella commented…
I think she looks good without her hair, but a lot better with it. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
I prefer the cookie-cutter look to the unconventional look. I know there have been people saying this isn't unpopular because they've been complaining about the opposite, but that's what makes me see this as unpopular here on Fanpop. Just because someone is unique looking it doesn't mean they're beautiful. I mean, it's one thing to make a character look different and unique, but it's another to go so extreme that they just look weird. I'd MUCH rather look at Ariel than I would Merida! I'd MUCH rather look at Tiana than I would Megara! I'd MUCH rather look at Belle than I would Jane! I'd MUCH rather look at Pocahontas than I would Nani! I'd go on with more examples but I'd just be beating a dead horse. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I'm not trying to call anyone out or anything, but it seems like people are just tired of the typical beauty look and just want different looks, which is fine, but don't shame traditional beauties.
UnholyNoise commented…
As long as Belle, Ariel, Anastasia, Tiana, etc. dominate the beauty Umfrage on Fanpop this isn't an unpopular opinion :) Extremeness and weirdness to Du might be refreshing and unique to someone else. Speaking as someone who prefers the Mehr unconventional types, all I can say is that they grab my attention more. I don't want to look at the same face a billion times. I'd rather look at Meg of Merida oder Chel any Tag over Belle oder Ariel who just look like dull blank slates to me. And then Anastasia who not only has some pretty sharp features (but can't pull them off like Meg because it's not part of the wider Animation style in the movie), looks like the animators tried too hard to make her beautiful. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
misscindyspice commented…
^ Vor mehr als einem Jahr
TBH most of the conventional looking girls are too white-bread vanilla mainstream...Like girls Weiter door and the like are the opposite of exciting to me. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
I have a weird opinion of CGI animation. I hate the way most CGI people look, they look very plasticky and like dolls to me. But for some reason I love the way most other things look in it. To me most non human things, like animals, plants or machines look a lot more "real" in CGI than 2D.
ajotma commented…
I agree, like it might just be the style, but I think that Rapunzel looks less like an actual human but Maximus, for example, looks Mehr like a realistic horse. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
UnholyNoise commented…
Yeah, I feel the same way! CGI people look weird to me, except their hair always looks great. So much texture. Like, I Liebe all the highlights in Kristoff's hair. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
I don't like shipping Aisling and Brendan. i just feel they work so much better as friends/her as his guardian spirit of sorts, and anything resembling romance between them just doesn't work for me. Dunno some female/male relationships in fiction just work better as good friendships.
UnholyNoise commented…
i really, really, really need to sit myself down and watch that movie. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
cruella commented…
I've never seen the movie, but I agree, certain relationships work much better as friendships than romance. Vor mehr als einem Jahr
OTOH, I do like Lucille and Franceour as a ship a little bit...Yeah, I know it sounds gross, but in an AU of sorts where he's like, human'd or something, i feel it can work....Yeah judge me all you want. i know it sounds fucking sick. but don't care. ;)
Both of these are Steven Universe related so,I'm going to kill two birds with one stone here. Anyway I want to pull my hair out every time people see a gem and claim a race, especially if arguments start over it. Bitch no, those are gems. They're not even human or have an Earth ethnicity. They have ''skin'' and ''hair'' colors you don't see on white/black/latino/asian/etc. Rebecca Sugar herself said they aren't based off of any race. I do admit that I keep imagining Rose Quartz, I thought she was a white woman (she pretty much looks 98% human except for the pink hair)The other gems look more like gem people.

Also I think Garnet is cool and all, but shes got an awful figure tbh.
why do people even say "latinx"? We latinos don't say it, it sounds stupid and not even Spanish. The masculine form encaptures all of us (and anyway, we prefer talking about our nationality over being all "OMG I'm a latina i'm a latina omg" Vor mehr als einem Jahr
uploaded900 commented…
Are Du really going to be nitpicky on that one detail? I'm latina too and that was a typo Vor mehr als einem Jahr
ajotma commented…
I think of Rose and Pearl might be white if they were human. I think Garnet's body type would be kinda weirder on a human, but since she's a gem, I guess it works. Vor mehr als einem Jahr