Bücher zum Lesen Twilight

kakarot posted on Oct 30, 2008 at 04:44PM
im probably gona take a lot of heat for this but here goes. im am really not a big fan of this series. i find it to be kind of stupid. i am not, repeat NOT!! atacking fans of this book, just voicing my opionon.so tell me why you like this sereis or dont. ill go . vampires that glow.

Bücher zum Lesen 16 Antworten

Click here to write a response...
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Cinders said…
I'll confess, I've never read the books, but I am inclined to agree with you. I have a blatant prejudice against those books that I admit proudly. From what I hear, I would have issues with this Edward person, as he sounds rather Adonis-like and, well, dull. Also, I'm a little tired of the OMGBELLA&EDWARD things splattered across the net. This is nothing against the fans as well, it's just... I dunno.

To be fair, a friend of mine who has read the books and enjoyed them says that the story is gripping, but it's not well-written. She claims that Meyer has literary traps that she falls into constantly, and repeats the same techniques.

Also, my friend isn't fond of what she dubbed "the mushy stuff."
last edited Vor mehr als einem Jahr
Vor mehr als einem Jahr ebathory said…
I'm totally with you guys. I've read about the first half of the first book, and didn't like it at all. It's not well written, and while the storyline is somewhat interesting, it was not enough to make me want to continue reading them. In my opinion, they are waaay too corny and mushy as Cinders says, but I'm not overly fond of straight out romance novels (although I love the oldschool ones like Pride & Prejudice) so maybe that is why Twilight just didn't do it for me.

I've become very prejudiced against the books also, as it seems to be the constant point of conversation in many places on the net. It annoys me that in nearly every pick someone has added Twilight as an answer (I get pretty riled up about that as some people may have noticed) because there are so many books and genres out there, I think people should widen their tastes.

If Twilight is all people are reading, they are certainly missing out on actual works of literature. Twilight may be entertaining in the 'warm and fuzzy' kind of way, but it is not a series to measure all other books by.

I'm not paying out fans of the books, I can see why people enjoy them but they're just not for me. I just get so frustrated when people seem to think they're the best books ever, the be all and end all of literature. In my opinion (and I'm sure the opinions of any decent book critic) they are certainly not.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr kakarot said…
thank you both for your input. honestly when i posted this i thought i woul get alot of twilight fans yelling at me teling me its the greastest book ever.but it seems ive got some like minded people here.your right when you say the book isnt well written.not to say that the entire book is terrible. the story was somewhat compelling but it just never did it for me. another problem i have is this book seems to be every where! with 20 spots alone on fanpop and not to mention movie books shirts poster and god knowns what else this fad is starting to anoy me. but before i seem unfiar an bias iwould like to say i have read the book. dont mean to come of intolernt of things, as i siad before i have no problem with fans of twilight. i just dont like mushy love stories involving vampires, call me crazy. glad to known some poeple out there agre with me.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr aanniiee_ said…
"i just dont like mushy love stories involving vampires, call me crazy."
pahahahahaha

Personally, I really loved the series. I thought it was really exciting. And soo romantic (I am a 17 year old girl, after all ;]) The characters were well developed and understandable. The story was compelling and original.

I also get, however, how people think that it's not written well. I've definitely read better. And while I wouldn't say that it deserves literary merit or anything, I really enjoyed it!
Vor mehr als einem Jahr harold said…
I started to write a response, but it got to be too long. I'm converting it into a review, which I will post here.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr ky02121 said…
I also agree. I only read the first book and her writing wasn't that good at all. Her adult books are much better," The Host" was a great book.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr ebathory said…
I didn't know she had really written anything else!
Vor mehr als einem Jahr kakarot said…
yes, i see why people like it .it relly seems to be geared towards girls, not to say there isnt a number of male readers.i will have to check out her other books becuse i honstly thought she had just written the twilight books. looking foward to that review (im looking for a little more vartiey than, OMG I LUV IT!! Edward & Bella R To CUTE!!)uugh........for some reeason writinng that made me fell...unclean. i really hope this layer of mushiness washes off. anyway , i shouldnt coment on this so much seeing as i posted it, makes me look like i have nothing better to do. still, i wont make any promises, unlike Edward who makes many promises that he then breaks after which he makes even more promises.(i was reading new moon again so that explains that)bye.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Arielka said…
hmmm
I really love the books!! I mean love the story between Edward and Bella... More about Edward...I love the new vampires cause is not what we used to. Is something new. And the romance is really cute and beautiful. I really like the books. But if you don´t like it is ok. There a lot of books out there.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr spikes_girl said…
smile
i am a big fan of the twilight series! i love edward's character, and his and bella's story. even though i am a fan though, it is kind of annoying when it's ALL people talk about. but i'm still a fan. and i don't like them JUST cuz of e & b! also emmett, and alice, and carlisle, and jasper, and rosalie, and jacob, and seth, and charlie, and esme...there's more to the story than edward and bella and their romance (though i admit it's a big part). but i love romance, so it's fine with me. if you don't like romance, you should still try it, cuz that's not all that it's about, but chances are you probably won't be lovin' it.
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Cinders said…
Harold, you never wrote that review. I'm curious to see what you have to say, seriously, can I see???
Vor mehr als einem Jahr irunwithcullens said…
smile
I liked the books but i guess they where aimed at me as i am a teenage girl
Vor mehr als einem Jahr pixie09 said…
big smile
i love the twilight series ... i agree with Arielka completley :D
Vor mehr als einem Jahr Maja2601 said…
meh
I really love the series and I'm big fan. What i like most about the books, is the love between Edward og Bella, they really love each other and sometimes you can almost feel how big that love is.
But I fully understand those who don't like Twilight and I agree with those who says that the books are not well written..

And I understand why people who's not a fan of the series are getting tired of us fans who,actualy won't shut up about it, I mean, I'm a fan and I'm starting to get a bit tired of it..
Vor mehr als einem Jahr TCTopCat said…
I love these books but I have read better books including The Night World Series and House of Night Series!
I did enjoy twilight and read the first book in under 2 days!!!
Vor mehr als einem Jahr LotsOfLuhv said…
smile
I loved the twilight series....i enjoyed the romance in it the vampire and werewolf part didnt really interest me but the dramatics and stuff did the story isnt the most well written but the story line is very interesting and keeps you going:)