An American Tail Opinions on the portrayal of social and historical issues/conditions in An American Tail.

RhiannonJP posted on Nov 29, 2011 at 03:46PM
For a lot of us this film is a great childhood memory filled with memorable tunes and quotes from our favourite characters, but this, along with other childhood classics such as Watership Down, present a great deal more in that they represent the struggles that certain groups have had throughout history.
As a project for Film Studies I have decided to study how issues such as anti-Semitism, war, immigrant treatment in America, terrorisation and industrialisation have been presented in animated films so that children may enjoy the content, but also enable adult viewers to empathise with the characters due to their own contextual knowledge.
I'm looking for any opinions on the matter, my other films to be discussed include Wall-E and Grave of the Fireflies, both of which tackle their own issues in very different methods. (Any responses used will become primary resources for my project and Fanpop will be credited in my source list)

An American Tail No Antworten